Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s)
Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.09.30 22:19:00 - [1]

QuickFit 0.9s

This tool I made is a remake of ShipFit.
It is not looking as good as the later, but has more functionality I think. Just try it, its free anyway...

It will be a pleasure for me to correct bugs and making it evolving with your ideas and bugreports.
Please send me ingame mails or private-message on my corp forums (here)

If you like the tool, you can always send me some donations or help me to have cool price on minmatarr hardware Wink
It will be a real help to the poor pilot I am... Rolling Eyes

I hope this tool will be as handy for you as it is for me ugh

On a technical note, the code is Java written, the database are the one given by CCP (so will be as "up to date" as ccp will deliver files....) and I will release source code once it will be more stable and cleaned ! (at the moment, it is a bit lack of documentations on source-code..)

(elegance-corp.net)

Do not look where you fell, but where you slipped.
Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.09.30 22:19:00 - [2]

Edited by: Rahzelk on 01/12/2005 23:38:23
This tool I made is a remake of ShipFit.
It is not looking as good as the later, but has more functionality and is, I think, more accurate... Just try it, its free anyway...

Download Page : QuickFit 0.98

It will be a pleasure for me to correct bugs and making it evolving with your ideas and bugreports.
Please send me ingame mails or private-message on my corp forums (here)

If you like the tool, you can always send me some donations or help me to have cool price on minmatarr hardware Wink
It will be a real help to the poor pilot I am... Would love have a tip on a Stabber Fleet IssueRolling Eyes

I hope this tool will be as handy for you as it is for me ugh

Please, first time user, download the STABLE version, because the UNSTABLE/INACURRATE version won't let you have a nice use of the tool.....

I release an UNSTABLE version for people to "beta test" and help me transform the unstable into stable.

So basically, if you just wanna use it, take always the STABLE version.

Thanx for your time :)

On a technical note, the code is Java written, the database are the one given by CCP (so will be as "up to date" thanx to Xssassin) and I will release source code once it will be more stable and cleaned ! (at the moment, it is a bit lack of documentations on source-code..)

Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.10.01 07:02:00 - [3]

The bug about damage mods will be looked at, a shame I didn't see that before release... Neutral

The "slowiness" on some machines is due to the old JDBC version of you JRE probably, also java is not known to be very fast :) But I think updating JRE would help as you said. NPC is also heavy database seeking that is why it almost freeze on your machine. But on every hardware I have tested it, it seems to work with no problem relative to speed... Rolling Eyes

I use java because it is the only way to develop this tool at work without being noticed.
I would have loved doing it in C++ or Delphi, but simply not possible :)

PS : I do not compete, just didn't knew that other project where in-line Surprised
Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.10.01 07:02:00 - [4]

The bug about damage mods will be looked at, a shame I didn't see that before release... Neutral

The "slowiness" on some machines is due to the old JDBC version of you JRE probably, also java is not known to be very fast :) But I think updating JRE would help as you said. NPC is also heavy database seeking that is why it almost freeze on your machine. But on every hardware I have tested it, it seems to work with no problem relative to speed... Rolling Eyes

I use java because it is the only way to develop this tool at work without being noticed.
I would have loved doing it in C++ or Delphi, but simply not possible :)

PS : I do not compete, just didn't knew that other project where in-line Surprised
Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.10.02 10:35:00 - [5]

Thanx for your feedbacks and bugreports. They are alllisted in the quickfit simple web page, as well as wish list. Feel free to add any bug reports or wished feature, i'll track them down on the web page.

Bugs are identified for most part, will update the tool in the first days of next week Wink
Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.10.02 10:35:00 - [6]

Thanx for your feedbacks and bugreports. They are alllisted in the quickfit simple web page, as well as wish list. Feel free to add any bug reports or wished feature, i'll track them down on the web page.

Bugs are identified for most part, will update the tool in the first days of next week Wink
Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.10.04 19:00:00 - [7]

New Version 0.9u available (same link as primary post)
Every bug reported until now are corrected.

Waiting for your input :) Thx in advance !

Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.10.04 19:00:00 - [8]

New Version 0.9u available (same link as primary post)
Every bug reported until now are corrected.

Waiting for your input :) Thx in advance !

Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.10.05 06:24:00 - [9]

Quote:
Oh, and in the suggestion part of the QuickFit webpage, you forgot to put an indication of shield recharge / cap recharge at peak (at least shield recharge would be really great).

This feature is already in. Look the ship attributes in the Equipments panel. Cool

I have noted your other ideas, will see how I can implement this, if possible.

For module that are missing, they are all in the database but a flag is telling if they have to be showed or not. Tell me wich modules you would have to see and i'll "unveiled" it ine the database. The reason why I don't giveou every module is that there is really many of them and it would be a pain to navigate in the lists if they were gloated with un-existing modules..

So tell me wich module would you like to see :)

For custom effects, all I need is time to check what are bonuses given by implants.... If someone could dress me a list it would save my day Embarassed

Custom module is not a bad idea. Don't realize yet how much time it can take me...

For now, i'm focusing on correcting bugs and add other bonus effects to be counted in the fit.

Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.10.05 06:24:00 - [10]

Quote:
Oh, and in the suggestion part of the QuickFit webpage, you forgot to put an indication of shield recharge / cap recharge at peak (at least shield recharge would be really great).

This feature is already in. Look the ship attributes in the Equipments panel. Cool

I have noted your other ideas, will see how I can implement this, if possible.

For module that are missing, they are all in the database but a flag is telling if they have to be showed or not. Tell me wich modules you would have to see and i'll "unveiled" it ine the database. The reason why I don't giveou every module is that there is really many of them and it would be a pain to navigate in the lists if they were gloated with un-existing modules..

So tell me wich module would you like to see :)

For custom effects, all I need is time to check what are bonuses given by implants.... If someone could dress me a list it would save my day Embarassed

Custom module is not a bad idea. Don't realize yet how much time it can take me...

For now, i'm focusing on correcting bugs and add other bonus effects to be counted in the fit.

Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.10.07 19:18:00 - [11]

Updated. Many features have appeared, I hope you'll appreciate them.

Hopefully not much bugs, but with only 10minute testing it, I must admit I may have forgotten some buggly :P

Please give me feedback, bugreports so I can make it better and better ugh

Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.10.07 19:18:00 - [12]

Updated. Many features have appeared, I hope you'll appreciate them.

Hopefully not much bugs, but with only 10minute testing it, I must admit I may have forgotten some buggly :P

Please give me feedback, bugreports so I can make it better and better ugh

Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.10.13 22:19:00 - [13]

New version (0.9x).
Add a panel for E.W.
Add a comparaison between 2 ships...

Corrected every known bugs, and unveiled new bugs :)

Still open to lot more improvment Rolling Eyes
Thx for your support !

Note : sometimes, saves are lost from a version to another. I'll try to minimize that, as an example you shouldn't have problem wih saved fit/skills done in 0.9w and loaded in 0.9x.

Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.10.13 22:19:00 - [14]

New version (0.9x).
Add a panel for E.W.
Add a comparaison between 2 ships...

Corrected every known bugs, and unveiled new bugs :)

Still open to lot more improvment Rolling Eyes
Thx for your support !

Note : sometimes, saves are lost from a version to another. I'll try to minimize that, as an example you shouldn't have problem wih saved fit/skills done in 0.9w and loaded in 0.9x.

Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.10.19 18:01:00 - [15]

Edited by: Rahzelk on 19/10/2005 18:04:41
Version 0.9x¦ is now available.

Please, those of you that have downloaded 0.9x¦ before announced, download it again cause you don't have the good version. YARRRR!!

Good version of 0.9x¦ shouldn't show any bugs that has been reported by kestrelfear in previous posts.
You should also have every custom bonus for the implants mecanism. (thx to Suvereign)

Also continue to bring bug reports, it helps me alot to improve the tool's precision and performance.

Have fun !

Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.10.19 18:01:00 - [16]

Edited by: Rahzelk on 19/10/2005 18:04:41
Version 0.9x¦ is now available.

Please, those of you that have downloaded 0.9x¦ before announced, download it again cause you don't have the good version. YARRRR!!

Good version of 0.9x¦ shouldn't show any bugs that has been reported by kestrelfear in previous posts.
You should also have every custom bonus for the implants mecanism. (thx to Suvereign)

Also continue to bring bug reports, it helps me alot to improve the tool's precision and performance.

Have fun !

Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.10.19 22:00:00 - [17]

Edited by: Rahzelk on 19/10/2005 22:00:49
Oh yeah and sorry for the mixing in english/french version...

english version is 100% english, as french is 100% french...
If anyone wanna translate the tool for its own language, I have all strings that are on a separate file, so I can send it to volunteers for them to traduct... (russian, spaish... whatever)

then i'll release as many version as there will have languages for.... ;)
My mail is rahzelk arobase club-internet.fr (arobase thingy is for spam bot...of course real mail is with a @)

HAve fun !
Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.10.19 22:00:00 - [18]

Edited by: Rahzelk on 19/10/2005 22:00:49
Oh yeah and sorry for the mixing in english/french version...

english version is 100% english, as french is 100% french...
If anyone wanna translate the tool for its own language, I have all strings that are on a separate file, so I can send it to volunteers for them to traduct... (russian, spaish... whatever)

then i'll release as many version as there will have languages for.... ;)
My mail is rahzelk arobase club-internet.fr (arobase thingy is for spam bot...of course real mail is with a @)

HAve fun !
Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.10.20 22:22:00 - [19]

Quote:
Cap rechargers CPU needs are not reduced.

Corrected for next release

Quote:
Equipment-tab:
Could you please remove CPU and PG from attribute list and make them
visible all the time. Perhaps with highlighted color to stick out.

If I find a place to put this information clearly, I will. One must admit
that the current equipment tab is quite gloated :P

Quote:
Furthermore, could you add two columns for every slot window.
One for CPU and one for PG showing fitting requirements individually for
every module. This would help a lot in locating the problem areas in fitting.

I understand it would be a good GUI addition.
How I'm gonna do this is however not encouraging me, as I'm not familiar
with JAVA interface. I will try to find a way to show up this information.

Quote:
Finally, please make the fitting constraints optional.
This would help a lot in designing MK2 ships beforehand (or any other not-yet-in-game-ship).

I should be able to do this quite easily... Just have to find a place to put this option ;)

Quote:
New tab: Compare
I like the idea about ship compare. I'd like to bring it step further by
adding a new tab where you can compare two setups. The current setup and a saved
setup.

Don't understand. How can you compare 2 different setups ?
To compare something, you must have same kind of things.
If you have a web and a scramble on one side, and 2 ECM on the same ship on the other side, what will be the point of a comparaison ? Please if you have a precise idea, other than put two ship side by side, then develop it
and we'll see if and how it can be done.

Quote:
NPC-tab:
You could make more use of NPC database, if you could select any of the
NPC active. This could be used for example in ammo %26 charges -tab. HP and
resistances would be updated with npc values. Perhaps even repairing or shield boosting if possible.

Yes, this change could be nice. I'll do it.

Quote:
Ship-tab:
Not so important, but it would be nice if you could add your own ship..
This could be created as an empty design or based on any existing ship.

Use the "customize" in equipement's tab. You can create your own ship and
own modules based on existing ones. They will then be saved in your
"favorites".

Missing the 99% reduction to Gang mod CPU usage for battlecruisers
Please check that you have setup your Battlecruiser Skill to at least lvl 1.
Same goes for every missing ship bonus (covert ops, mining barge) : please check that you have set up the skill before report the bug. As an exemple, 10 pilots report me Enyo resistance wasn't good. But they all forget to put Gallente frig lvl5 in the skill panel, as a result they do not have expected resistance on their fit.
Embarassed

Thx for all your report and suggestion. I'll do my best to bring solution to your ideas.

Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.10.20 22:22:00 - [20]

Quote:
Cap rechargers CPU needs are not reduced.

Corrected for next release

Quote:
Equipment-tab:
Could you please remove CPU and PG from attribute list and make them
visible all the time. Perhaps with highlighted color to stick out.

If I find a place to put this information clearly, I will. One must admit
that the current equipment tab is quite gloated :P

Quote:
Furthermore, could you add two columns for every slot window.
One for CPU and one for PG showing fitting requirements individually for
every module. This would help a lot in locating the problem areas in fitting.

I understand it would be a good GUI addition.
How I'm gonna do this is however not encouraging me, as I'm not familiar
with JAVA interface. I will try to find a way to show up this information.

Quote:
Finally, please make the fitting constraints optional.
This would help a lot in designing MK2 ships beforehand (or any other not-yet-in-game-ship).

I should be able to do this quite easily... Just have to find a place to put this option ;)

Quote:
New tab: Compare
I like the idea about ship compare. I'd like to bring it step further by
adding a new tab where you can compare two setups. The current setup and a saved
setup.

Don't understand. How can you compare 2 different setups ?
To compare something, you must have same kind of things.
If you have a web and a scramble on one side, and 2 ECM on the same ship on the other side, what will be the point of a comparaison ? Please if you have a precise idea, other than put two ship side by side, then develop it
and we'll see if and how it can be done.

Quote:
NPC-tab:
You could make more use of NPC database, if you could select any of the
NPC active. This could be used for example in ammo %26 charges -tab. HP and
resistances would be updated with npc values. Perhaps even repairing or shield boosting if possible.

Yes, this change could be nice. I'll do it.

Quote:
Ship-tab:
Not so important, but it would be nice if you could add your own ship..
This could be created as an empty design or based on any existing ship.

Use the "customize" in equipement's tab. You can create your own ship and
own modules based on existing ones. They will then be saved in your
"favorites".

Missing the 99% reduction to Gang mod CPU usage for battlecruisers
Please check that you have setup your Battlecruiser Skill to at least lvl 1.
Same goes for every missing ship bonus (covert ops, mining barge) : please check that you have set up the skill before report the bug. As an exemple, 10 pilots report me Enyo resistance wasn't good. But they all forget to put Gallente frig lvl5 in the skill panel, as a result they do not have expected resistance on their fit.
Embarassed

Thx for all your report and suggestion. I'll do my best to bring solution to your ideas.

Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.10.22 07:31:00 - [21]

Version 0.9y

Just correcting some bugs...

Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.10.22 07:31:00 - [22]

Version 0.9y

Just correcting some bugs...

Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.10.25 18:52:00 - [23]

Version 0.9y¦

-Includes an option tab where you can set ..well options Laughing like do not restrict on CPU/GRID, show or hide CPU/GRID of each module...

-New "Select a NPC" to evaluate your damage on it

-Corrected Battlecruiser bug

-Improved display for CPU and GRID remaining.

Thanx to lasts bug reporters Cool You are welcome to pursue with givin' me idea :)

Have fun ! Wink

Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.10.25 18:52:00 - [24]

Edited by: Rahzelk on 25/10/2005 18:59:59
Version 0.9y¦

-Includes an option tab where you can set ..well options Laughing like do not restrict on CPU/GRID, show or hide CPU/GRID of each module...

-New "Select a NPC" to evaluate your damage on it

-Corrected Battlecruiser bug

-Improved display for CPU and GRID remaining.

Thanx to lasts bug reporters Cool You are welcome to pursue with givin' me idea :)

Have fun ! Wink

ps : oh, on a side note saved fit won't work from 0.9y to 09y¦ sorry... Saved skills will work however

Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.10.25 22:15:00 - [25]

Originally by: Joerd Toastius
I think your agility equations are whacked :P
I'll look at that.... but i didn't had much time on it so I suppose it to be bugged Embarassed

Quote:
Can't figure out how to reset cap in the cap sim
Simply stop simulation, then adding +10% cap a couple of time, then run again simulation :) Or add +10%cap when simulation running, no matter.

Quote:
being able to single-click activate models for said simulator would be nice
I'm don't understand your request. You would prefer having a single click instead of a double click that's right ? Well if it is only that, I may be able to have an option for this request... (aahh now the option panel can be loaded with this kind of thing :P)

Quote:
And ability to resize panes would be cool :)
That I will try to look at, but Java GUI is not my cup of tea.... I don't masterize it yet enough to find how the hell I can make panel resizable.... Embarassed

Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.10.25 22:15:00 - [26]

Originally by: Joerd Toastius
I think your agility equations are whacked :P
I'll look at that.... but i didn't had much time on it so I suppose it to be bugged Embarassed

Quote:
Can't figure out how to reset cap in the cap sim
Simply stop simulation, then adding +10% cap a couple of time, then run again simulation :) Or add +10%cap when simulation running, no matter.

Quote:
being able to single-click activate models for said simulator would be nice
I'm don't understand your request. You would prefer having a single click instead of a double click that's right ? Well if it is only that, I may be able to have an option for this request... (aahh now the option panel can be loaded with this kind of thing :P)

Quote:
And ability to resize panes would be cool :)
That I will try to look at, but Java GUI is not my cup of tea.... I don't masterize it yet enough to find how the hell I can make panel resizable.... Embarassed

Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.10.26 18:25:00 - [27]

In next version you will be able to activate/deactivate a module with right click on it in simulation's tab. Also, I will activate module by default. Hope it will satisfy your wishes ugh

Have not much time to improve QF really much than it is now, but i'll try to do my best to have it as complete and easy-to-use as possible.

Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.10.26 18:25:00 - [28]

In next version you will be able to activate/deactivate a module with right click on it in simulation's tab. Also, I will activate module by default. Hope it will satisfy your wishes ugh

Have not much time to improve QF really much than it is now, but i'll try to do my best to have it as complete and easy-to-use as possible.

Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.10.26 22:14:00 - [29]

Originally by: Trelennen
I know it could mean quite a lot of work, but how about adding the transversal velocity and sig radius for damage calculations?
eheh... Not sure being able to to that. But its a change that is mainly based on my math knowledge, so with help I may be able to do something...but prolly not in near future.

Quote:
Q: are max ammo loaded and reload time taken into account for DPS and time needed to kill opponent?
ope my bad. It will be part of next version improvment.

Quote:
it would be great to be able to set shield/armor/structure HP, and shield/armor resists[...]
hmmm it can be an improvment yes.....

Quote:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
eheh, this is due to the odbc driver that may not exists on Linux.... I have managed to "create" access database (yeah i know, ugly) from csv files taken at ccp website.... So you prolly have problem with the odbc driver, I will look at this through to be sure it is not something else Rolling Eyes

Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.10.26 22:14:00 - [30]

I know it could mean quite a lot of work, but how about adding the transversal velocity and sig radius for damage calculations?
eheh... Not sure being able to to that. But its a change that is mainly based on my math knowledge, so with help I may be able to do something...but prolly not in near future.

Quote:
Q: are max ammo loaded and reload time taken into account for DPS and time needed to kill opponent?
ope my bad. It will be part of next version improvment.

Quote:
it would be great to be able to set shield/armor/structure HP, and shield/armor resists[...]
hmmm it can be an improvment yes.....

Quote:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
eheh, this is due to the odbc driver that may not exists on Linux.... I have managed to "create" access database (yeah i know, ugly) from csv files taken at ccp website.... So you prolly have problem with the odbc driver, I will look at this through to be sure it is not something else Rolling Eyes

Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.11.03 18:55:00 - [31]

Originally by: Krathe
Small bug, the Logistics ship skill doesn't seem to affect the cap usage on remote reps/cap transfers etc.
I heavily suspect that you don't have set your Logistic level skill above lvl 0. Because I tested it and it works well, and you are not the first one to report me this kind of problem, whereas this is not a problem but just a "not explicit" functionnality.

I'll try to put something somewhere in red when lvl is not above 0 for special bonus...

0.9z is out, have some improvment and bugs corrections.

Enjoy Wink

(and no, no way to run that without JRE installed, wich actually isn't really a pain as you need it for some website anyway...Rolling Eyes)

Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.11.03 18:55:00 - [32]

Originally by: Krathe
Small bug, the Logistics ship skill doesn't seem to affect the cap usage on remote reps/cap transfers etc.
I heavily suspect that you don't have set your Logistic level skill above lvl 0. Because I tested it and it works well, and you are not the first one to report me this kind of problem, whereas this is not a problem but just a "not explicit" functionnality.

I'll try to put something somewhere in red when lvl is not above 0 for special bonus...

0.9z is out, have some improvment and bugs corrections.

Enjoy Wink

(and no, no way to run that without JRE installed, wich actually isn't really a pain as you need it for some website anyway...Rolling Eyes)

Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.11.10 18:43:00 - [33]

thx for your feedback, i had corrected many bugs in v0.95 (released 10.11.2005)

People shouldn't have problem with quickfit if they didn't have before 0.9z...

Hope you'll be able to use it again. Many thanx :)

Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.11.10 18:43:00 - [34]

thx for your feedback, i had corrected many bugs in v0.95 (released 10.11.2005)

People shouldn't have problem with quickfit if they didn't have before 0.9z...

Hope you'll be able to use it again. Many thanx :)

Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.11.10 18:45:00 - [35]

Originally by: Larshus Magrus
It's a shame make a cross platform application like this but then limit it to only running in windows because you are using ODBC driver calls that are NOT in the standard java library.
ÚhÚh, sorry, wasn't mean to be portable, just had to do with what I had at work ^^ I have java, i have access....so I did with that :P
Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.11.10 18:45:00 - [36]

Originally by: Larshus Magrus
It's a shame make a cross platform application like this but then limit it to only running in windows because you are using ODBC driver calls that are NOT in the standard java library.
ThTh, sorry, wasn't mean to be portable, just had to do with what I had at work ^^ I have java, i have access....so I did with that :P
Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.11.14 09:49:00 - [37]

is there a way to set several kind of drones (for example 5 ogres 5 berserkers) instead of an amount of only one type of drone?

Not possible. You can only choose one kind of drone.
With the new drones incoming, I suppose i will have to overhaul all the drone panel anyway Rolling Eyes

Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.11.14 09:49:00 - [38]

is there a way to set several kind of drones (for example 5 ogres 5 berserkers) instead of an amount of only one type of drone?

Not possible. You can only choose one kind of drone.
With the new drones incoming, I suppose i will have to overhaul all the drone panel anyway Rolling Eyes

Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.11.16 18:26:00 - [39]

Many thanx !

Now all I have to do is finding how to enable resizing of shapes ^^

Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.11.16 18:26:00 - [40]

Many thanx !

Now all I have to do is finding how to enable resizing of shapes ^^

Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.11.18 23:41:00 - [41]

For people who wanna try, version 0.96 is out.
Rather a BIG version not in new feature meaning, but in term of technical modification.

The database has been reworked to be totally open sourced (using HSQLDB) and you should be able to run Quickfit on any Java caapable computer.

Quickfit will be alot quicker, but will eat a lot more RAM and will take a noticeable amount of time to "boot"...

Maintain database up-to-date will be alot easier due to this new engine, as well as thanx to Xssassin that provided me with very latest ingame data.

Well, apart from this very technical point, only a minor couple of things have been fixed, like shield booster bugs or T2 guns skill not being taken in account for damage....

Next version will have graphical improvment regarding the various things reported by Trenelen.

Have Fun !

Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.11.18 23:41:00 - [42]

For people who wanna try, version 0.96 is out.
Rather a BIG version not in new feature meaning, but in term of technical modification.

The database has been reworked to be totally open sourced (using HSQLDB) and you should be able to run Quickfit on any Java caapable computer.

Quickfit will be alot quicker, but will eat a lot more RAM and will take a noticeable amount of time to "boot"...

Maintain database up-to-date will be alot easier due to this new engine, as well as thanx to Xssassin that provided me with very latest ingame data.

Well, apart from this very technical point, only a minor couple of things have been fixed, like shield booster bugs or T2 guns skill not being taken in account for damage....

Next version will have graphical improvment regarding the various things reported by Trenelen.

Have Fun !

Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.11.19 13:00:00 - [43]

Yes unless I find reason of data difference, i'll have to tell most user to use 0.95 version that is still available from the main site and where almomst all is working as expected...

I'll try to do better data mining next week.... :)
Thx agai trenelen for your valuable report ugh

Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.11.19 13:00:00 - [44]

Yes unless I find reason of data difference, i'll have to tell most user to use 0.95 version that is still available from the main site and where almomst all is working as expected...

I'll try to do better data mining next week.... :)
Thx agai trenelen for your valuable report ugh

Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.11.19 14:20:00 - [45]

Please, first time user, download the STABLE version, because the UNSTABLE/INACURRATE version is really giving me some headache and anyway won't let you have a nice use of the tool.....

I release an UNSTABLE version for people to "beta test" and help me transform the unstable into stable.

Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.11.19 14:20:00 - [46]

Please, first time user, download the STABLE version, because the UNSTABLE/INACURRATE version is really giving me some headache and anyway won't let you have a nice use of the tool.....

Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.11.21 18:46:00 - [47]

0.96b is out !

It should be the best of 0.95 + the best of 0.96 + the little 'b' of 0.96b ^^

Enjoy, this one is pretty stable I think.... Rolling Eyes

Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.11.21 18:46:00 - [48]

Edited by: Rahzelk on 21/11/2005 19:43:06
0.96b is out !

It should be the best of 0.95 + the best of 0.96 + the little 'b' of 0.96b ^^

Oh, on a side note, you will loose all the previous saves you had ... sorry for the trouble, new database has some drawbacks for this version...hopefully, it should'nt happen again in the future...

Enjoy, this one is pretty stable I think.... Rolling Eyes

Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.11.22 19:58:00 - [49]

Edited by: Rahzelk on 22/11/2005 20:00:36
0.96e is out.

Should not have the null pointer on linux, even if I still don't get how you got it :P

I had done MUCH improvments to the capacitor regen in the simulation's tab, i'm rather proud of it...It is almost the same as the ingame recharge curve ! Shocked had some difficulty to do the "extrem low and extrem high" cap regen, but it seem to give something pretty reliable to experiment a fit with. Way way better than it did with old versions. ugh

About the "search module" : it was simply case sensitive, and did not match "power diag" with "Power Diag".

It will now search for all upper, all lower and all first letter upper, and of course for your own typed. So if you search "power Diag" it will search for "POWER DIAG" "power diag" "Power Diag" and "power Diag".

Had fixed some fitting bug appart from these major issue.
Hope you'll enjoy it :)

Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.11.22 19:58:00 - [50]

Edited by: Rahzelk on 22/11/2005 20:00:36
0.96e is out.

Should not have the null pointer on linux, even if I still don't get how you got it :P

I had done MUCH improvments to the capacitor regen in the simulation's tab, i'm rather proud of it...It is almost the same as the ingame recharge curve ! Shocked had some difficulty to do the "extrem low and extrem high" cap regen, but it seem to give something pretty reliable to experiment a fit with. Way way better than it did with old versions. ugh

About the "search module" : it was simply case sensitive, and did not match "power diag" with "Power Diag".

It will now search for all upper, all lower and all first letter upper, and of course for your own typed. So if you search "power Diag" it will search for "POWER DIAG" "power diag" "Power Diag" and "power Diag".

Had fixed some fitting bug appart from these major issue.
Hope you'll enjoy it :)

Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.11.28 23:21:00 - [51]

Edited by: Rahzelk on 28/11/2005 23:23:17
i have some trouble with 0.97.... will hopefully have a true working version tomorrow.... :/

Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.11.28 23:21:00 - [52]

Edited by: Rahzelk on 28/11/2005 23:23:17
i have some trouble with 0.97.... will hopefully have a true working version tomorrow.... :/

Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.11.29 17:22:00 - [53]

0.97b out.

- Search should work 100% perfectly.

- Totallly reworked GUI coding, so even if you don't see a difference in GUI, know that 80% of it has been recoded to be more flexible and easy to adjust for me, or futur coder when code will be released.

- Cap is still adjusted, should really be good now for your test purpose...

I will soon have to add some missing effect (signature radius for example) and with RMR I will have a huge work to update the effect. Thx to Xssassin, I'll at least have up to date data.

Bad news : The bug under Linux is not yet discovered..... :( Maybe it is gone with the GUI rework ? I'll try to correct this for next release...

Many people reports freezing with the latest JRE (jre 5.0 it seems...). I'm afraid I have no clue at the moment. You can try finding the JRE 1.4.2 elsewhere it should work then...

Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.11.29 17:22:00 - [54]

Edited by: Rahzelk on 29/11/2005 20:10:53
0.97b out.

- Search should work 100% perfectly.

- Totallly reworked GUI coding, so even if you don't see a difference in GUI, know that 80% of it has been recoded to be more flexible and easy to adjust for me, or futur coder when code will be released.

- Cap is still adjusted, should really be good now for your test purpose...

I will soon have to add some missing effect (signature radius for example) and with RMR I will have a huge work to update the effect. Thx to Xssassin, I'll at least have up to date data.

- Note you will have strange numbers next to module's/item's name.... It is because I have compiled the 0.97b with the debug option. Sorry for this, i'll release a 0.97c tomorrow without the debug option ^^

Bad news : The bug under Linux is not yet discovered..... :( Maybe it is gone with the GUI rework ? I'll try to correct this for next release...

Many people reports freezing with the latest JRE (jre 5.0 it seems...). I'm afraid I have no clue at the moment. You can try finding the JRE 1.4.2 elsewhere it should work then...

Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.11.30 22:02:00 - [55]

New 0.97c available.

Only some glitches corrected, but it worth a download because it won't be updated for some days...(weeks ?).

New packaging : program is now a simple EXE file, but you'll still need JRE.
Multi platforme version is also provided on the website.

Have fun !

Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.11.30 22:02:00 - [56]

New 0.97c available.

Only some glitches corrected, but it worth a download because it won't be updated for some days...(weeks ?).

New packaging : program is now a simple EXE file, but you'll still need JRE.
Multi platforme version is also provided on the website.

Have fun !

Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.12.01 23:35:00 - [57]

Originally by: j0sephine
It really makes it easier when i don't need to scroll the tiny sub-windows just to check what's fitted in the high/med/low slots, and whatnot ^^;;;

May your wishes come true, the v0.98 should be filling your request.

Please, note that is probably the last version I release until early 2006.

I'll manage to improve the website and the advertisements that present my little software, doing a FAQ, some kind of manual (at least small "how to" for some tricks in the soft.) Background task will be a cleaning of the code source.

When I'll have gathered enought feedback and bug report, i'll start to make the 1.0 version, that will be supported with a real website, and will be a real finished product (with a database update for RMR).

I'll be then happy to release a clean code source for anyone to improve the product.

Have fun !

Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.12.01 23:35:00 - [58]

Originally by: j0sephine
It really makes it easier when i don't need to scroll the tiny sub-windows just to check what's fitted in the high/med/low slots, and whatnot ^^;;;

May your wishes come true, the v0.98 should be filling your request.

Please, note that is probably the last version I release until early 2006.

I'll manage to improve the website and the advertisements that present my little software, doing a FAQ, some kind of manual (at least small "how to" for some tricks in the soft.) Background task will be a cleaning of the code source.

When I'll have gathered enought feedback and bug report, i'll start to make the 1.0 version, that will be supported with a real website, and will be a real finished product (with a database update for RMR).

I'll be then happy to release a clean code source for anyone to improve the product.

Have fun !

Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.12.02 07:32:00 - [59]

Edited by: Rahzelk on 02/12/2005 07:31:44
tell me where i can truncate it for you to have all the information needed Wink).
first 10 lines are enought ;)

I suppose resizing of the window will be for next version?
I don't plan to make window resizable at the moment. I managed to pack the main 800x600 window to make it far more efficient than before. Honestly, using QFit everyday, I don't have the need for a resize myself... Rolling Eyes Will maybe release a 1024 & 1280/ version, (one for each size).

Windows XP problems seem to be linked to last JRE. If you experiencing problem with JRE 5.0, try the JRE 1.4.2 : http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/Welcome.jsp?StoreId=22&PartDetailId=j2re-1.4.2_10-oth-JPR&SiteId=JSC&TransactionId=noreg

For linux problem, I really don't have a clue... :( Will try to investigate with your reports Trelennen.

Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.12.02 07:32:00 - [60]

Edited by: Rahzelk on 02/12/2005 07:31:44
tell me where i can truncate it for you to have all the information needed Wink).
first 10 lines are enought ;)

I suppose resizing of the window will be for next version?
I don't plan to make window resizable at the moment. I managed to pack the main 800x600 window to make it far more efficient than before. Honestly, using QFit everyday, I don't have the need for a resize myself... Rolling Eyes Will maybe release a 1024 & 1280/ version, (one for each size).

Windows XP problems seem to be linked to last JRE. If you experiencing problem with JRE 5.0, try the JRE 1.4.2 : http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/Welcome.jsp?StoreId=22&PartDetailId=j2re-1.4.2_10-oth-JPR&SiteId=JSC&TransactionId=noreg

For linux problem, I really don't have a clue... :( Will try to investigate with your reports Trelennen.

Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.12.02 21:26:00 - [61]

Edited by: Rahzelk on 02/12/2005 21:27:04
I lied : I said 0.98 would be the last until a while, but I realized that NPC panel wasn't showing in 0.98.
So here is a 0.98a, this time is the good !

New website also, to have a better "advertisement" of the tool ^^

Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.12.02 21:26:00 - [62]

Edited by: Rahzelk on 02/12/2005 21:27:04
I lied : I said 0.98 would be the last until a while, but I realized that NPC panel wasn't showing in 0.98.
So here is a 0.98a, this time is the good !

New website also, to have a better "advertisement" of the tool ^^

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,08s, ref 20240428/0330
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.