|Posted - 2009.02.16 21:19:00 -
Having given this service something of a beta test with the Techlab crowd I'm finally throwing this into GD, as I'm pretty sure the average CEO doesn't really keep that close an eye on the techlab...
accVIEW is a simple website which allows you to easily perform a background check on prospective members.
You can view alts, see skills and info for all members, view contact info for their current CEO and more. The premium version, available for 150mISK (Automatic upgrade via API) enables you to make full API requests, letting you see recent kills and losses as well as wallet data, complete with built in suspicious entry filtering and category filters.
All requests are shared between corporation members, allowing members to make comments on the response from the applicant and to vote on the approval or rejection of that applicant.
The process goes something like this:
- You register on accVIEW and set up your main character.
- You make a new request by entering the applicant's name
- The request gives you a URL to give to the applicant
- The applicant goes to the URL and enters their API (full or limited depending on requesting corporation's account status)
- The API key is sent to a background worker which spends a minute or so grabbing all the data and processing it
- The API key is then forgotten. At no point is an applicant's API recorded.
- Members of the requesting corporation can then see the response, and browse it on the website.
And there you have it, accVIEW in.. well, only several lines.
The basic version is free and is fine for most corps- for larger corps who want to perform more stringent background checks (Several corps using accVIEW in trial have caught corp thieves before they made it in using accVIEW's wallet tools), then the premium version is an easily performed corp-wide upgrade.
There's even an API thrown in so you can integrate accVIEW with your corporate applications.
So, without further ado, here it is: http://accview.mmmetrics.co.uk
Feel free to prod it, create an account, and try it out for your corporation. I hope that you will find it as useful as the corporations who have been trialling it thus far, and of course if you have any suggestions or bug reports for the service, feel free to EVEmail me or catch me on irc.coldfront.org (query Ix_Forres).
EVE Application Developer
ISKsense | EVE Metrics (NEW) | I Tweet