| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Omir Kajil
Nephite Tribe Zero Hour Alliance
0
|
Posted - 2012.04.25 23:43:00 -
[1] - Quote
Dearest fellow capsuleers!
I have the goal that someday, I can live in a wormhole, on my own, with at least some measure of self-sustainability. I've dabbled a lot in wormhole exploring, about 90% of my wormhole 'raids' happening on my own. I've made hundreds of millions of ISK, and I want to prepare for the next step.
What I want to know, is what are all the things I need to have, be aware of, etc?
I know some things I'll need (some of which I already have or am on track to getting) include:
-good scanning skills (duh) -having a POS -having a scanning alt in system in case I get podded. -The proper PI setup to make my own POS fuel would be nice. -some measure of industrial ships to support the logistics of moving supplies, and, well, space stations.
And beyond that I'm really not sure. I need your help, o experienced wormhole dwellers!-á
I have almost no experience with operations of POS's (I still need to train the anchoring skillbook) and very little with PI.
What advantages are there to living in you own wormhole as opposed to simply raiding wormholes on your own? One that comes to mind is you can have multiple ships at your disposal, making sleeper-farming and salvaging faster, more efficient and more effective.
I should also mention I imagine I ought to look for a C2 wormhole with a static lowsec and another static going to another C2 or perhaps a C3, but I'd be more than happy to hear recommendations from those of you more experienced.
Thanks in advance for any help and advice! |

Bibosikus
Inside out. The G0dfathers
103
|
Posted - 2012.04.26 01:09:00 -
[2] - Quote
CCP brought wormholes into the game as a corp-focussed feature - mainy because the only reason for their existence is to acquire the stuff needed to for T3 hulls and subsystems.
Producing T3 stuff is highly skill-intensive and a complete pain in the rear end. So much so that doing it as a solo player, even with 2/3 specialised chars, is enormously time-consuming and often frustrating (albeit highly profitable).
Unless you plan to do this, I wouldn't bother erecting a POS in w-space. You're far better off scanning highsec for K162's into Class 1-3 systems, as you've been doing up till now.
Even better are the R943 (to C2) or X702 (to C3) statics which, if you find them first, will get you into a system before anyone inside knows you're there.
I lived for 18 months in a C3 with C3 static with a small corp (2-3 online through the day). One member was totally T3 production focussed, and we ground the radars & mag sites, and sold the bits to him at an agreed price. It was a good and mutually very profitable setup. I really can't see any one player managing to do it all without tearing out his (or her) hair..
The box said "Requires Windows-á2000 or better", so I installed Linux. |

Newbie Ned
Real Nice And Laidback Corporation
8
|
Posted - 2012.04.26 01:16:00 -
[3] - Quote
Omi
Location - I spent some time living in a C2 and now live in a C1 (unfortunately). I think your choices are sound - a C2 with low sec static, although having another static to C2 or C3 may be a little hard to find.
Ships - Again you are clearly on the right track, I'm sure you know what you need to kill sleepers, plus a bespoke salvage ship, plus an industrial that can warp cloaked (so low sec travel is never an issue), plus a bespoke scanning ship (cov ops). Clearly you could combine some of these in one ship but given that your ship bay is in the same system I think bespoke ships are worth it. On top of this I have a destroyer set up for gas clouds. You might also want a miner, I don't. Top tip would be to stay cheap - no need for anything other than tech 1 ships and tech 2 mods. I use a drake (boring but effective) and know that 2 average anoms in a C1 will give me enough isk to replace it.
Skills - I think you have it - a good range of skills if you are on your own for POS, PI, shooting stuff, hauling, scanning, mining (!?)
POS - bit of a pain. A large is probably overkill and eats too much fuel. Realistically the choice is between a small and medium and I would prob go for small. If a decent size corp wants to blow it up it will anyway so less lost and it uses less fuel. You can build most of the stuff needed for fuel (not sure 1 char can do it all) but it may be easier to bite the bullet and just bring the fuel blocks in. It will save a lot of micromanagement and hassle, although it isn't the most isk efficient method.
As you say scanning alt essential, although I don't think many gankers use bubbles in WH so you should very rarely, if ever, get podded. Maybe I've just been lucky so far!
Lastly I would say the big disadvantage of living in your own WH is that you can run out of stuff to do so I would strongly recommend a ship that you can take into low sec (or even null if you get access) and run sites there. This might be the one case where you might go for a non-tech1 ship to give all-round capability (HAC or T3)?
Hope that helps. |

Comy 1
Ore Mongers BricK sQuAD.
119
|
Posted - 2012.04.26 01:25:00 -
[4] - Quote
Bibosikus wrote:I lived for 18 months in a C3 with C3 static
I assume you accidentally wrote C3 with C3 static, since those wormholes don't exist.
And to the OP:
I started out living in a C4 with a C3 static together with a friend about 2 years ago. Each of us having 2 chars each available. The good part of having your own wormhole of the lower classes, is that the effort of finding places to grind is drastically reduced. If you live in a C2 or a C4 you can simply collapse your static untill you find a quiet place to grind or pvp, whichever of the things you are looking for.
However living completely alone in a wormhole is not really something I would do myself. Because it's freaking annoying having to do all planning, probing, collapsing and hauling solo. But then again, some players enjoy solo projects, even if I'm not one of them. |

Derath Ellecon
Washburne Holdings Situation: Normal
184
|
Posted - 2012.04.26 01:31:00 -
[5] - Quote
All of the things you brought up in your OP are valid. It all depends on what you want to do. When I was a mere 5 month old pilot, I moved into a C1 with LS static. It was great fun. I went in with barely enough isk to buy the POS etc. I emerged some months later with about 20bil in assets, including a fleet of T3's. I'd do it again, but right now real life is taking too much of my time. |

discordigant
Royal Amarr Institute Amarr Empire
22
|
Posted - 2012.04.26 01:50:00 -
[6] - Quote
Newbie Ned wrote:Omi
As you say scanning alt essential, although I don't think many gankers use bubbles in WH so you should very rarely, if ever, get podded. Maybe I've just been lucky so far!
Please don't listen to that.
You will get ganked its not an if but a when (Unless your a complete tool you will make a lot more than you will lose so when it happens just roll with it and get back on your feet.) So to prepare for this have spare ships and modules of those you farm and scan with, so the instant your ganked your not wanting to run to HS to get a new ship.
And if you still plan to do this solo with alts a C1 with a large tower and you will be fine for a while. Put up a med or small pos and people will look closer at you. 6-12 man corp in a Wh in a smal/Med tower = target.
If learning the ropes and making ISK is what your after there is plenty of WH corps and alliances that are new player friendly and are at most times looking for members so i would recommend you speak with a few of them first. If you go down this road you risk nothing but the ships you fly in and they will be much more organised at fleet operations and you will make a lot more isk than you will solo. And instead of getting ganked, you get to do the ganking.  |

Substantia Nigra
NFI industrial Enclave.
686
|
Posted - 2012.04.26 02:03:00 -
[7] - Quote
There are many ways to approach w-space life, even if youGÇÖre going it solo. YouGÇÖll probably get lots of different opinions on whatGÇÖs best. My thoughts, below, are based on solo living in w-space for most of my eve-life C2 => C3 => C4 => 2 x C3 => C5 => C3.
Income, and balance of effort-per-isk, has kept me coming back to C3s. Despite what others might believe you *can* solo everything up to and including C5 sites GǪ itGÇÖs just that the time and effort for the higher level sites makes them not great economically. A good C3 is fantastic for a solo operator. The stuff I harvested either fed my wallet directly or our (hisec) T3 manufacturing facilities.
Obviously my view of GÇÿsoloGÇÖ is not just-one-toon, so could easily also translate into GÇÿsmall groupGÇÖ.
I used every resource that my home system provided, anoms / radar / mag / ladar / grav / PI, altho did not mine minerals a lot in the end. I rarely raided neighbouring systems except for PvP purposes. If you setup solo in a decent C3, and run it well, you will have no problems popping tens of billions of isk into your wallet. My long-term estimate was an average of 1 GÇô 1.5b isk per week. Sometimes IGÇÖd clear 3b in a weekend and sometimes IGÇÖd go days with little beyond the PI.
The people I used included: -2 x DPS toons. They could each clear any site solo but itGÇÖs much quicker with both in the site. Also means one, usually me, could head off somewhere else for a while without the income stream falling too far behind. -1 x combat fleet booster toon (not so necessary in C3 but pretty well essential to work C4s and C5s a little more quickly). -2 x miner / harvester toons. -1 x orca miner / harvester booster toon. -1 x perfect scanner, plus several backup not-so-perfect scanners. -Haulers able to use T2 indies as well T1. -POS gunners and bubble anchorers.
Of course thatGÇÖs still only a few toons, with extensive cross-training. For example my main DPS toon is also my orca pilot and able to provide mining boosts when the others are harvesting. Conversely my main miner is also T3/Command ship pilot providing perfect fleet warfare boosts. Every toon, even the backup emergency scanners and PI experts, fly covops and most are also trained as POS-gunners.
I was usually multiboxing. So when I was clearing a C3 site I usually had two DPS guys in the site and my main scanner watching the system with a deep-space probe, in case any new K162s spawned or any unwelcome visitors arrived. Sometimes IGÇÖd also have my fleet booster in a minimized window sitting in the POS pumping out those boosts.
IMO a good C3: -Has a lowsec static. Then itGÇÖs easy enough to run logistics via the static if you absolutely must, but also less accessible for day-trippers whoGÇÖre usually searching for K162s in hisec. For major logistics itGÇÖs just a matter of waiting for the spontaneous outgoing hisec wormholes or incoming hisec K162s. -Has excellent PI. Much as I detest the click-fest aspects of PI it is a very good source of additional income for a w-space dweller. -Has no effects GǪ you donGÇÖt need them in a C3 and positive system effect makes you a more attractive target for hostile takeover. -Has very few moons GǪ especially if theyGÇÖre few enough for you to be able to place a small tower on all the moons youGÇÖre not using. -Has a very good outlying moon for setting-up your main POS and can-spam bubble protecting it. -Is a relatively compact system. IGÇÖd never thought of this until recently, when I am PvP hunting throughout w-space, but a small system is much safer GǪ because everything is within DS range from throughout the system. Conversely, as a hunter, I very much appreciate the larger systems where I can find a safe spot outside of DS range of the celestials, to do stuff that requires being uncloaked (like logging-off and back on again).
Ships? HereGÇÖs what I ended up having in my last few systems. Absolutely possible to get by with less, but this is my basic fleet. -Sleeper killer ships x 2 (or 1 if youGÇÖre only using 1 DPS toon). I settled on expensive-fit tengu in the end. They could cope with C5s and would laugh at C3 DPS. For my next C3 I may well stick to a pair of drakes GǪ more than enough and way less troubling to lose. -Noctis. Love that ship. -Fleet warfare boost ship. I started with BC, then command ship, and finally a T3. T3 gives stronger boosts in specialist mode, but less modes at once. -Haulers for PI. I used T1 haulers but next time round will use deep space transports GǪ having now learned how hard it is to opportunity kill a DST. -Gas harvester ships (I used dedicated battlecruisers). -Mining ships (I used hulks and skiffs). -Orca (harvesting support, big-hauler, wormhole collapsing, and emergency logistics support). -Can-opening ships (for mag/radar sites). I had dedicated battlecruisers and a backup multipurpose cheetah for when evil doers were trying to hassle me. -A few covops taxi ships just for getting ppl out to empire space and back when needed. -Dedicated scanner ships. My main scanner in a nullified covops scanner T3 and the backups all in covops frigates. -HICtor for fine tuning WH closure and for PvP efforts. -PvP ships to choice. -No capitals. I know lots of ppl who build capitals in their C1, C2, and C3 w-systems. IMO theyGÇÖre a liability making the system a more attractibe gank target and making it more difficult to onsell when youGÇÖre done. Needing a capital for home defence purposes is very unlikely if you manage your system well GǪ donGÇÖt upset too many ppl too much, donGÇÖt mount faction-fit faction-tower POSes, donGÇÖt leave pirate BSs lying in the POS force-field to advertise their presence. The only times IGÇÖve wished I had capitals is when we were killing the customs offices.
p.s. A few good replies since I started writing mine. Bubbles are used, a lot, in w-space. Both anchorable ones and HICtir/DICtor based ones. We can build and sell pretty much every ship. Check my bio for details. Our pirate epic arc completion packages really are very good: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=12973&find=unread |

Jack Miton
Lapse Of Sanity Exhale.
213
|
Posted - 2012.04.26 04:34:00 -
[8] - Quote
Best advice I can think of is join a WH corp. WHs are not designed to be suitable for long term solo work. It is doable but it will burn you out super fast.
Some good advise in post above.
Quote:I don't think many gankers use bubbles in WH so you should very rarely, if ever, get podded. Maybe I've just been lucky so far!
this made me face palm... quite possibly the dumbest thing ive heard this week. |

Roime
Shiva Furnace
591
|
Posted - 2012.04.26 07:01:00 -
[9] - Quote
Once again a very good post from Substantia.
I head a small corp living in a C3, and would only like to add that I think she is a pretty hard core player :)
There's a lot of stuff that needs to be done, and I very much prefer to have a group of others I can rely on... and even there's a handful of us online every night, I still find myself dual- or tripleboxing (I have a swiss army indy/fleet booster "main" alt, and an elite scanner/bomber alt) most of the time to make things smooth and safe.
Also living in a wh is really good for corp team spirit. You learn to trust each others and operate as a team, turning the corp into a tight, family-like unit- so why not find a few like-minded pilots and do it together?
~ Elite forum PvP ~ |

Svodola Darkfury
Born-2-Kill Northern Coalition.
22
|
Posted - 2012.04.26 07:07:00 -
[10] - Quote
Jack Miton wrote:Best advice I can think of is join a WH corp. WHs are not designed to be suitable for long term solo work. It is doable but it will burn you out super fast. Some good advise in post above. Quote:I don't think many gankers use bubbles in WH so you should very rarely, if ever, get podded. Maybe I've just been lucky so far! this made me face palm... quite possibly the dumbest thing ive heard this week.
I agree whole heartedly. When i was living in a C4 i was effectively managing it with just my 3 accounts but i still brought along a corp mate just to help out and share the experience with. Its not as fun when you are the only line of defense imo. |

Apolyon I
AQUILA INC Verge of Collapse
13
|
Posted - 2012.04.26 07:09:00 -
[11] - Quote
Roime wrote:Once again a very good post from Substantia.
I head a small corp living in a C3, and would only like to add that I think she is a pretty hard core player :)
There's a lot of stuff that needs to be done, and I very much prefer to have a group of others I can rely on... and even there's a handful of us online every night, I still find myself dual- or tripleboxing (I have a swiss army indy/fleet booster "main" alt, and an elite scanner/bomber alt) most of the time to make things smooth and safe.
Also living in a wh is really good for corp team spirit. You learn to trust each others and operate as a team, turning the corp into a tight, family-like unit- so why not find a few like-minded pilots and do it together?
very good post, though POS system is really tough to ensure trust between corpmates and it's a pain to set up correct roles to everyone. |

Bernie Nator
Talocan Hive Talocan United
223
|
Posted - 2012.04.26 08:47:00 -
[12] - Quote
I am going to pistol whip the next fool what says "A small or medium tower is viable when living in a wormhole".
No, it's not. It literally is just the fastest way to get someone to jump into your system and wait for you to do something. Then they pounce and you die.
Anyways, back to topic.
Let's see. Pve sleeper killers x2, check. Cob ops with core and combat scanners, check. Salvager, check. Pvp ship x(numberof ships you think you'll lose + number you will actually lose), check. Large pos with adequate defences, check. (So help you god if you even contemplate missile batteries as "adequate defense"). Corporate hangars, ship maitinence array, check. Spare modules for when you have to refit in the fly, check. Ammo and plenty of it, check. Out of Corp scanner alt in the event you go down, check. Ok, that should be the bare minimum of what you need. Bare minimum.
|

Waxfire
0
|
Posted - 2012.04.26 09:34:00 -
[13] - Quote
Its as simply as that do what Barnie Nator and the other Large POS guys tell you and you will for sure be killed ...
Dont listen to those get a Large POS guys .. if a corp wants you dead all your defenses are worthless simply becouse you are allone .... a large POS just makes them take a bit longer to kill you.
Instead of going for the Big guns try to use what most people use in low sec, its called low profile. In other words, you want to look like a waste of time to attack and you will survive because of that.
WH:
1) Take one with a lowsec entry => you can run a POS through it and many gankers only scan in High Sec for WHs.
2) Take a WH with unwanted effects (basicly everything that doesnt support Shield Tanks like a Wolf Ray System) => This will simply mean it will be a bit harder for you, but it also means fewer people want to get the system as their own ...
3) C1 to C3 Max => BS as biggest ship make the POS kill take longer and add to the waste of time factor.
POS:
1) Use a Medium Amarr POS => Enought Energy and enough to fight of the we have 4BS and to much time guys.
2) Be a minimalist: Equip the POS with Hardeners to get the Resis between 43 and 50 %, a SMA and a Ammunition Assembly Array rest goes into a few ECM and Guns.
3) Place a Orca into the SMA, use it as a Storage for you loot and Escape Ship.
4) Dont use to many ships, basically you want to be able to place the most valuable ships into the Orcas Bay, this way you can simply get you valuable stuff into the Orca and log out if the POS gets attacked.
This way you are "safe" against smaller groups and minimize the loss if attacked by larger group, which you cant fight of anyways .....
|

discordigant
Royal Amarr Institute Amarr Empire
24
|
Posted - 2012.04.26 09:45:00 -
[14] - Quote
Waxfire wrote:Its as simply as that do what Barnie Nator and the other Large POS guys tell you and you will for sure be killed ...
Dont listen to those get a Large POS guys .. if a corp wants you dead all your defenses are worthless simply becouse you are allone .... a large POS just makes them take a bit longer to kill you.
Instead of going for the Big guns try to use what most people use in low sec, its called low profile. In other words, you want to look like a waste of time to attack and you will survive because of that.
WH:
1) Take one with a lowsec entry => you can run a POS through it and many gankers only scan in High Sec for WHs.
2) Take a WH with unwanted effects (basicly everything that doesnt support Shield Tanks like a Wolf Ray System) => This will simply mean it will be a bit harder for you, but it also means fewer people want to get the system as their own ...
3) C1 to C3 Max => BS as biggest ship make the POS kill take longer and add to the waste of time factor.
POS:
1) Use a Medium Amarr POS => Enought Energy and enough to fight of the we have 4BS and to much time guys.
2) Be a minimalist: Equip the POS with Hardeners to get the Resis between 43 and 50 %, a SMA and a Ammunition Assembly Array rest goes into a few ECM and Guns.
3) Place a Orca into the SMA, use it as a Storage for you loot and Escape Ship.
4) Dont use to many ships, basically you want to be able to place the most valuable ships into the Orcas Bay, this way you can simply get you valuable stuff into the Orca and log out if the POS gets attacked.
This way you are "safe" against smaller groups and minimize the loss if attacked by larger group, which you cant fight of anyways .....
Ohh dear god where do i begin with this pile of horses&*t.
Seriously go scanning through WH's and tell me how many small and medium towers you see, I see plenty and they are all sitting dead with no one living in them any longer. And when i r*&e cage your POS i am gonna love your Orca KM filled with all your loots.
Ohhh the onlined hardeners yep that's what will save you. 
|

discordigant
Royal Amarr Institute Amarr Empire
24
|
Posted - 2012.04.26 09:46:00 -
[15] - Quote
Bernie Nator wrote:I am going to pistol whip the next fool what says "A small or medium tower is viable when living in a wormhole".
Seems you have some work to do.  |

Waxfire
0
|
Posted - 2012.04.26 10:43:00 -
[16] - Quote
@discordigant
I have been living in a nice C3 for like 1 year and havent been POS killed yet,
nice to see so many here talking all that bullshit about the large posses without having lived for 1 houre solo (1 or 2 chars) in a WH.
Not meaning Substantia Nigra and the others actually giving tips but the everything else than a large POS wont work guys. Substantia Nigras Post is valid just a bit to much for a new guy in a wh ...
There are as many large ones dead as small and mediums.
do you actually know how POSes work ?!?
what use is the large POS if you cage me ... oh wait you have to cage me a bit longer annnd thats it owww
But since you are so smart, which POS structure lets you Teleport your loot out of your large POS Stroages ? Oh wait none does and once the siege mode started well well hmm wait no difference there ....
so please take your opinion somewhere else .. maybe to the dreamland where you seem to be playing since according to guys like you AAAALLLLLL the WHs are taken and non are left.
btw Substantia Nigra gave you a very good explanation why there might be so many small and medium abandoned POSes.
ah and please post us a Vid where we can see you fighting off 16 BS with you solo PvP ship and POS, really would like to see that ++ber Jovan ship you use ....
Little general hint: either give a better idea or shut up at all |

discordigant
Royal Amarr Institute Amarr Empire
24
|
Posted - 2012.04.26 10:48:00 -
[17] - Quote
Waxfire wrote:@discordigant
I have been living in a nice C3 for like 1 year and havent been POS killed yet,
nice to see so many here talking all that bullshit about the large posses without having lived for 1 houre solo (1 or 2 chars) in a WH.
Not meaning Substantia Nigra and the others actually giving tips but the everything else than a large POS wont work guys. Substantia Nigras Post is valid just a bit to much for a new guy in a wh ...
There are as many large ones dead as small and mediums.
do you actually know how POSes work ?!?
what use is the large POS if you cage me ... oh wait you have to cage me a bit longer annnd thats it owww
But since you are so smart, which POS structure lets you Teleport your loot out of your large POS Stroages ? Oh wait none does and once the siege mode started well well hmm wait no difference there ....
so please take your opinion somewhere else .. maybe to the dreamland where you seem to be playing since according to guys like you AAAALLLLLL the WHs are taken and non are left.
btw Substantia Nigra gave you a very good explanation why there might be so many small and medium abandoned POSes.
ah and please post us a Vid where we can see you fighting off 16 BS with you solo PvP ship and POS, really would like to see that ++ber Jovan ship you use ....
Little general hint: either give a better idea or shut up at all
Wow umm you need to take your meds.....
Nope never been into a WH, they don't do them in my NPC corp 
|

Substantia Nigra
NFI industrial Enclave.
687
|
Posted - 2012.04.26 11:10:00 -
[18] - Quote
POSes? Ya, I did't mention POSes.
I use smalls and mediums only as temporaries, when i am settling into or moving out of a system. I can pop them out, or uplift them, quickly and use a blockade runner for the job.
My established POSes are always large 'vanilla' towers (no faction), always heavily spiked bubble protected (only a minor disincentive for the inexperienced, but my POSes tend to get more kills than I do), and usually semi-death star setups. When i want to run industry mods in w-space I anchor and online the necessary mods, switch off a few defence modules, run the processes and then pack up again ... trying not to leave too much beyond the bare-minimum showing. Sometimes I get lazy and leave the gas refining gear anchored and offline after use.
My rationale with a POS is that if I am being attacked by a half reasonable gang I am gonna lose my POS. My plan is to save as much of my most valuable stuff, if I can, if that looks likely. Other than that a heavily defended large POS dissuades wannabe attackers, and allows me to run the various industry mods I use without compromising too much defence.
The economic rationalist in me reasons that unless I lose more than one POS a week I will stay ahead isk-wise when I'm living in a C3. We can build and sell pretty much every ship. Check my bio for details. Our pirate epic arc completion packages really are very good: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=12973&find=unread |

Shaky Ground
Science and Trade Institute Caldari State
0
|
Posted - 2012.04.26 11:12:00 -
[19] - Quote
Bernie Nator wrote:I am going to pistol whip the next fool what says "A small or medium tower is viable when living in a wormhole".
No, it's not. It literally is just the fastest way to get someone to jump into your system and wait for you to do something. Then they pounce and you die.
Four months in a C3. Small tower.
Some people know.....some people just say they know. |

discordigant
Royal Amarr Institute Amarr Empire
24
|
Posted - 2012.04.26 11:22:00 -
[20] - Quote
Shaky Ground wrote:Bernie Nator wrote:I am going to pistol whip the next fool what says "A small or medium tower is viable when living in a wormhole".
No, it's not. It literally is just the fastest way to get someone to jump into your system and wait for you to do something. Then they pounce and you die.
Four months in a C3. Small tower. Some people know.....some people just say they know.
TBH i am highly doubtful. I know for a fact if we came across that crap in a C3 an alt would be logged and your hole would be rolled and sold on the following weekend. C3's sell well these days, every man and his ***** wants one. |

Drakos Vala
Cold Moon Destruction
6
|
Posted - 2012.04.26 11:28:00 -
[21] - Quote
Lots of posts dripping with information for you to pick through, written by a lot of experienced wormhole dwellers.
However why do you want to do it alone?
Sure, doing it alone cuts out security issues with having to sort out the pos access etc, and all profit goes to you as sole owner of the operation. Being on your own limits you to C3 or below for general isk making.
Being in a corp allows you to jump up to the C4's and C5's (even C6's if you join a large enough corp) and yes you are tied to doing sites in groups but the payout from each site is drastically increased along with the safety.
Safety in numbers has been used for millenia 
Plus an established corp will have its own pos so you dont have to buy one 
Im also a complete wormhole nublet before anyone points it out 
Edit: Nice title  |

Waxfire
0
|
Posted - 2012.04.26 13:58:00 -
[22] - Quote
@discordigant
And who would this mighty Alliance be ? The Space Potatoes ?
You told him to get as many replacement ships as possible so he doesn't has to travel to high sec ... and then you tell him to use a large POS so he doesnt have high losses when hes being ganked ?!?
Well if my Medium POS is being destroyed i barely will have any loss and am able to replace it very quickly but sure replacing a large POS is way cheaper to you .... since you are in such a large Alliance ...
Btw something to think about:
If someone kills a Medium Pos with only a SMA what do you have ? Barely anything ...
If someone kills a Large POS with a SMA and tons of Storage you get more out of it - why ? - because CHA use CPU and you know what happens with CPU structures dont you ?
He can still log in the Orca with all his stuff on it.
Its that simple:
Safest: Corp with a Large POS Second Safest Large POS with many alts and equipment =>Substantias Post Third Safest Small or Medium POS in a System noone really wants Kill on sight One or Two Chars in a Large POS with as much storage as possible (POS Defense allone wont help).
You (the original Poster) should consider joining a WH Corp before spending to much ISK on it ... after all the decision is still yours :)
Some people know.....some people just say they know.
Fits perfectly |

Gonzo TheGreat
Lead Farmers Kill It With Fire
12
|
Posted - 2012.04.26 15:28:00 -
[23] - Quote
Waxfire wrote:@discordigant Its that simple:
Safest: Corp with a Large POS Second Safest Large POS with many alts and equipment =>Substantias Post Third Safest Small or Medium POS in a System noone really wants Kill on sight One or Two Chars in a Large POS with as much storage as possible (POS Defense allone wont help).
Some people know.....some people just say they know.
I disagree, seeing a lone small or medium POS for us will start a quick round of "IS IT STRONTED?" We've reinforced so many of those just to find that out.
|

Newbie Ned
Real Nice And Laidback Corporation
8
|
Posted - 2012.04.26 18:37:00 -
[24] - Quote
Discordigant - that's all mighty aggressive stuff for someone who it appears doesn't even live in a WH. Seems theres those that don't and are throwing theories around as fact and those that do giving advice.
I spend nearly all my time in WHs and there are plenty of small and med poses in C1 and C2s that last.
Equally I have never been killed by a bubble whilst working in a WH. Cloakies use points to stop you warping, not bubbles so being podded hasn't happened to me yet. Ofc you die a fair bit but you don't get podded. You do know the difference? |

Derath Ellecon
Washburne Holdings Situation: Normal
185
|
Posted - 2012.04.26 21:14:00 -
[25] - Quote
Newbie Ned wrote:Discordigant - that's all mighty aggressive stuff for someone who it appears doesn't even live in a WH. Seems theres those that don't and are throwing theories around as fact and those that do giving advice.
I spend nearly all my time in WHs and there are plenty of small and med poses in C1 and C2s that last.
Equally I have never been killed by a bubble whilst working in a WH. Cloakies use points to stop you warping, not bubbles so being podded hasn't happened to me yet. Ofc you die a fair bit but you don't get podded. You do know the difference?
I have run into, and run with plenty of WH gangs that bring along a Hictor. I guess you have just been lucky. They get usd plenty in WH's |

Substantia Nigra
NFI industrial Enclave.
697
|
Posted - 2012.04.26 21:17:00 -
[26] - Quote
Hey! I just noticed that we now have a 'wormholes' forum group. Woo hoo :-)
/me moves. We can build and sell pretty much every ship. Check my bio for details. Our pirate epic arc completion packages really are very good: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=12973&find=unread |

discordigant
Royal Amarr Institute Amarr Empire
24
|
Posted - 2012.04.26 21:56:00 -
[27] - Quote
Waxfire wrote:@discordigant
And who would this mighty Alliance be ? The Space Potatoes ?
You told him to get as many replacement ships as possible so he doesn't has to travel to high sec ... and then you tell him to use a large POS so he doesnt have high losses when hes being ganked ?!?
It is the mighty Space Potatoes you're correct. 
You see when you finally learn to kill someone and not just continually get your ass ganked then you will clue on a little.....
Seriously you fitted a Proteus as a salvager?
And at no point did i say a Large POS avoids him any losses, learn to read before you post your walls of gibberish. I said if he had a large POS in a C1 while doing it solo, he would last a while. In the end even a large POS helps you little if your in a 5 man corp by yourself will get you noticed. |

Waxfire
0
|
Posted - 2012.04.27 11:54:00 -
[28] - Quote
@discordigant
Uhh you were looking up my profile .. yes i used a Proteus as a Salvager because i can afford to do so ...
I also used a an Armor tanked Rattlesnake inside a Wolf Ray system ... since it had better values than a Dominix ....
I havent lost that many ships in the existence of this char considering i am living in WHs ...
I am able to read - are you ?
There are a few here who posted they live in Small and Medium POSes but its seems you know everything better ..
or wait if you do why do you have to get this personally ?
Cant have someone with a different opinion ?
I am not a big PvPer but at least i dont hide behind a Toon when posting. |

Shaky Ground
Science and Trade Institute Caldari State
0
|
Posted - 2012.04.27 12:39:00 -
[29] - Quote
discordigant wrote:Shaky Ground wrote:Bernie Nator wrote:I am going to pistol whip the next fool what says "A small or medium tower is viable when living in a wormhole".
No, it's not. It literally is just the fastest way to get someone to jump into your system and wait for you to do something. Then they pounce and you die.
Four months in a C3. Small tower. Some people know.....some people just say they know. TBH i am highly doubtful. I know for a fact if we came across that crap in a C3 an alt would be logged and your hole would be rolled and sold on the following weekend. C3's sell well these days, every man and his ***** wants one. I also know that other WH alliances would do the very same thing, hence i call bullshit on that.
I don't give a **** what you want to call. I'm rolling in isk and suggesting to the OP that he could be too. |

Omir Kajil
Nephite Tribe Zero Hour Alliance
0
|
Posted - 2012.04.27 20:19:00 -
[30] - Quote
Oh wow! So many wonderful replies and so much info to sift through! XD
AND SO MUCH HATE! o_o
Sounds like I'm hearing a lot of recommendations to join a WH corp. I've been in one or two, but they either weren't very active or I ended up not being on much due to RL stuff. But perhaps the third time's the charm. :D
Also sounds like having redundancy is good. ie more ships of each type than you need in the event I lose one occasionally.-á
I'm also feeling like I may go with a small or medium POS, as I'm not necessarily looking to actually make t3 ships... Yet. :) just looking to make some moneys! :D-á
And the previous comment about not encountering -ábubbles in WH-space... Ima have to agree with others m8, seems you've just been lucky. :) I've been caught in a bubble 3 or 4 times, though I have managed to escape from said bubbles on occasion due to incompetent USE of the bubble, or just favorable conditions. But I HAVE been podded lol. One can never be too careful or paranoid in EVE.
Well I will definitely take all this into consideration.-á
Another question concerning logistics: Logistics has always been a drag, at least for me. Even in just empire space. Sounds like I'll have to move a lot of ships into the WH once I'm set up. Is there any quick safe way to do this or does it have to be long and arduous? |

Waxfire
0
|
Posted - 2012.04.30 09:37:00 -
[31] - Quote
There is no save way to move the ships in. Just fly them to the system the WH Entrance is then scout if its save and move in ... if one gets shot well :) |

Nanny State
Federal Navy Academy Gallente Federation
0
|
Posted - 2012.05.03 01:32:00 -
[32] - Quote
threads like these are why i love eve. everyone states their own strategies for dealing with the complex, harsh, but rewarding sandbox we find ourselves in. and in true eve fashion people argue and sling insults at each other for disagreeing lol. I've never soloed in a WH, but i cosign to the thought that you should join a WH corp/alliance. That way you will be less prey and more predator PvP speaking.
On a related note, if anyone can get me safe passage into J172551 I will pay them 200,000,000 ISK. It has a static highsec. PST to my alt - Gas Guzzler
TYIA |

Qui Shon
Capital Construction Research Pioneer Alliance
0
|
Posted - 2012.05.03 11:22:00 -
[33] - Quote
Substantia Nigra wrote: Despite what others might believe you *can* solo everything up to and including C5 sites
Obviously my view of GÇÿsoloGÇÖ is not just-one-toon, so could easily also translate into GÇÿsmall groupGÇÖ.
Just a small note, but with enough accounts there is no pve that can't be "soloed", or as I call it, multiboxed.
I did my first "solo" C6 in 2009. |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |