| Pages: 1 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Panzerkom
Caldari The Polaris Axis United Freemen Alliance
|
Posted - 2009.04.08 17:40:00 -
[1]
First of all, let me just say that I'm completely neutral on the long-running BoB-Goon feud. I mean, sure, the engagements are grand, the stories are fascinating, and plots, schemes and betrayals entriguing. I have no personal emotional strings attached, so the stories are just that -- tales in a far away corner of the universe, but in my recent gossip-whoring, I have run into quite a few threads where confusion arose due to uncertainties on whether the poster is referring to the alliance previously named BoB and now named Kenny or BoB Reloaded versus the corporation BoB that was created as part of what was dubbed the "greatest meta-game intelligence coup in MMORPG history."
As an engineer, I like clarity and standards, and the confusion in this situation is driving me nuts.
So, here's my proposal, to avoid future confusions, CAOD-dwellers should standardize on ONE name for the alliance previously named BoB and now named Kenny or BoB Reloaded.
I propose calling that entity "The Alliance Formerly Known as BoB" -- TAFKAB; or simply "The Alliance" -- TA, for short.
Other runners-up are "The Alliance Which Lost Its Name" -- TAWLIN; "The Alliance Without a Name" -- TAWN.
Suggestions, comments, and flames are all welcomed.
|

Mr Adebisi
Minmatar GoonFleet GoonSwarm
|
Posted - 2009.04.08 17:42:00 -
[2]
Ah ufa, long how have I missed shooting thee in wicked creek. Stabbington IV sends his regards.
|

Shana Lioni
Amarr Resurrection Skunk-Works
|
Posted - 2009.04.08 17:42:00 -
[3]
Edited by: Shana Lioni on 08/04/2009 17:46:32 Edited by: Shana Lioni on 08/04/2009 17:45:47 How about: The Alliance Who's Gonna Pwn Your Ass (TAWGPYA).
Here's one for the Goon's and their Pets: Morons With Low Self Esteems Who Take Online Games Too Seriously (MORONS)
|

Tomic
Caldari The Illuminati. Pandemic Legion
|
Posted - 2009.04.08 17:46:00 -
[4]
The Alliance Now Known As Kenny, Formerly Known As Bob Reloaded Formerly Kenny Formerly Bob.
TANKAKFKABRFKFB.
|

Emilia Bluu
Gallente Bulgarian Mafia Squad Sons of Tangra
|
Posted - 2009.04.08 17:47:00 -
[5]
Originally by: Tomic The Alliance Now Known As Kenny, Formerly Known As Bob Reloaded Formerly Kenny Formerly Bob.
TANKAKFKABRFKFB.
TANKAKFKABRFKFB
|

VoiceInTheDesert
Gallente Zebra Corp Circle-Of-Two
|
Posted - 2009.04.08 17:49:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Shana Lioni Edited by: Shana Lioni on 08/04/2009 17:46:32 Edited by: Shana Lioni on 08/04/2009 17:45:47 How about: The Alliance Who's Gonna Pwn Your Ass (TAWGPYA).
Here's one for the Goon's and their Pets: Morons With Low Self Esteems Who Take Online Games Too Seriously (MORONS)
You had to edit your post twice to get that eloquence onto the page?
|

Moostang
Gallente DarkStar 1 GoonSwarm
|
Posted - 2009.04.08 17:50:00 -
[7]
Quote: I propose calling that entity "The Alliance Formerly Known as BoB" -- TAFKAB; or simply "The Alliance" -- TA, for short.
I like TA but please add a & in between the letters.
T&A tia...
Moostang Co-CEO Darkstar 1 Goonswarm
Priceless Necro Thread |

Yorda
Minmatar Battlestars GoonSwarm
|
Posted - 2009.04.08 17:51:00 -
[8]
I've got an idea
Let call them kenny
ok?
good Please resist the urge to flame - Mitnal
|

Dathremar
Caldari The Maverick Navy PuPPet MasTers
|
Posted - 2009.04.08 17:53:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Yorda I've got an idea
Let call them kenny
ok?
good
Can't believe I'm saying this. But I agree with Yorda.
|

Lochmar Fiendhiem
Caldari International Multi-Player Consortium
|
Posted - 2009.04.08 18:01:00 -
[10]
I thought it was ASSCAKES?
what happened to our dear sweet ASSCAKES?
please someone think of the ASSCAKES!
Originally by: Halkin bob is dead, goons are great, cheese is cheesy, there we go no need for any more threads
|

Yorda
Minmatar Battlestars GoonSwarm
|
Posted - 2009.04.08 18:06:00 -
[11]
Originally by: Lochmar Fiendhiem I thought it was ASSCAKES?
what happened to our dear sweet ASSCAKES?
please someone think of the ASSCAKES!
ASSCAKES is the name of the coalition, kenny is the name of the alliance. Please resist the urge to flame - Mitnal
|

Higgs Foton
Minmatar Scoopex Majesta Empire
|
Posted - 2009.04.08 18:13:00 -
[12]
In general i refer to goons, NC, PL and allies as:
THE COALITION
I think it's a nice name which pretty much sums up what they are. If you are a goon i guess you can call it "brosefs" instead. ___________________________________
Ich auch, bin schwul |

Lizhia Birath
Minmatar Rogue Industrial Group The Fifth Syndicate
|
Posted - 2009.04.08 18:16:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Shana Lioni Edited by: Shana Lioni on 08/04/2009 17:46:32 Edited by: Shana Lioni on 08/04/2009 17:45:47 How about: The Alliance Who's Gonna Pwn Your Ass (TAWGPYA).
Here's one for the Goon's and their Pets: Morons With Low Self Esteems Who Take Online Games Too Seriously (MORONS)
Noone is coming to save your masters so that they can come and save you. And Kenny stands since without Kenny there wont be any ASSCAKE.
|

PrimaryIsYou
Minmatar BACKUPLEGION
|
Posted - 2009.04.08 18:21:00 -
[14]
Originally by: Shana Lioni Edited by: Shana Lioni on 08/04/2009 17:46:32 Edited by: Shana Lioni on 08/04/2009 17:45:47 How about: The Alliance Who's Gonna Pwn Your Ass (TAWGPYA).
Here's one for the Goon's and their Pets: Morons With Low Self Esteems Who Take Online Games Too Seriously (MORONS)
I would ask if you're mad, but it's p. obvious that you are v. mad~
|

Yorda
Minmatar Battlestars GoonSwarm
|
Posted - 2009.04.08 18:28:00 -
[15]
Originally by: Higgs Foton In general i refer to goons, NC, PL and allies as:
THE COALITION
I think it's a nice name which pretty much sums up what they are. If you are a goon i guess you can call it "brosefs" instead.
I'm pretty sure we refer to each other as "allies" but nice try. Please resist the urge to flame - Mitnal
|

Helen
Amarr DarkStar 1 GoonSwarm
|
Posted - 2009.04.08 19:00:00 -
[16]
Edited by: Helen on 08/04/2009 19:02:22
Originally by: Shana Lioni Edited by: Shana Lioni on 08/04/2009 17:46:32 Edited by: Shana Lioni on 08/04/2009 17:45:47 How about: The Alliance Who's Gonna Pwn Your Ass (TAWGPYA).
Here's one for the Goon's and their Pets: Morons With Low Self Esteems Who Take Online Games Too Seriously (MORONS)
RISE ABOVE!
|

Zagum Darkfin
Caldari Destructive Influence KenZoku
|
Posted - 2009.04.08 19:04:00 -
[17]
Alice Fred NWO - New World Order<-- Personal Fav. Nancy John ..i.. |

Emilia Bluu
Gallente Bulgarian Mafia Squad Sons of Tangra
|
Posted - 2009.04.08 19:34:00 -
[18]
The fact that kennies ironize themselves confuses my insides. I feel like vomitting :(
|

Lizhia Birath
Minmatar Rogue Industrial Group The Fifth Syndicate
|
Posted - 2009.04.08 19:38:00 -
[19]
Originally by: Emilia Bluu The fact that kennies ironize themselves confuses my insides. I feel like vomitting :(
I think they are trying to evolve to survive. So you get more and more goonie behaviour from the Kenzoku ranks. Some, like Molle, can't evolve and thus you get stupid and hilarious threads like the Silence one.
|

Hoshino
Minmatar StarHunt Systematic-Chaos
|
Posted - 2009.04.08 19:48:00 -
[20]
LOL just love this 1. Here's one for the Goon's and their Pets: Morons With Low Self Esteems Who Take Online Games Too Seriously (MORONS)
|

Psilocin
Amarr GoonFleet GoonSwarm
|
Posted - 2009.04.08 19:53:00 -
[21]
Originally by: Hoshino LOL just love this 1. Here's one for the Goon's and their Pets: Morons With Low Self Esteems Who Take Online Games Too Seriously (MORONS)
u mad?
FOFOFOOOO! |

Brobuck
Caldari GoonFleet GoonSwarm
|
Posted - 2009.04.08 20:22:00 -
[22]
Originally by: Shana Lioni Edited by: Shana Lioni on 08/04/2009 17:46:32 Edited by: Shana Lioni on 08/04/2009 17:45:47 How about: The Alliance Who's Gonna Pwn Your Ass (TAWGPYA).
Here's one for the Goon's and their Pets: Morons With Low Self Esteems Who Take Online Games Too Seriously (MORONS)
Hrm, ok, I don't think you get how this works. If goons were " Morons With Low Self Esteems Who Take Online Games Too Seriously" that would make them MWLSEWTOGTS. How about Morons Obviously Rapidly Obfuscating Newbie Ships. See? I don't understand how you got it half right. You're an imbecile, aren't you?
|

Panzerkom
Caldari The Polaris Axis United Freemen Alliance
|
Posted - 2009.04.08 22:05:00 -
[23]
Originally by: Brobuck
Originally by: Shana Lioni Edited by: Shana Lioni on 08/04/2009 17:46:32 Edited by: Shana Lioni on 08/04/2009 17:45:47 How about: The Alliance Who's Gonna Pwn Your Ass (TAWGPYA).
Here's one for the Goon's and their Pets: Morons With Low Self Esteems Who Take Online Games Too Seriously (MORONS)
Hrm, ok, I don't think you get how this works. If goons were " Morons With Low Self Esteems Who Take Online Games Too Seriously" that would make them MWLSEWTOGTS. How about Morons Obviously Rapidly Obfuscating Newbie Ships. See? I don't understand how you got it half right. You're an imbecile, aren't you?
now THAT is a quality post. "imbecile" is not a word you hear everyday.
for those of us who do not own an old copy of the american psychiatric association guidebook: an "imbecile" is a person with an IQ of 26-50, and fits nicely between a "moron," with an IQ of 51-70, on one end, and an "idiot," with an IQ of 0-25, on the other end.
|

Aneu Angellus
Caldari DAB PuPPet MasTers
|
Posted - 2009.04.08 22:24:00 -
[24]
Originally by: Dathremar
Originally by: Yorda I've got an idea
Let call them kenny
ok?
good
Can't believe I'm saying this. But I agree with Yorda.
I'm so going to get you kicked! :P lol  ________________ Dark Angel Battalion
Aneu Angellus Chief Fluffer, PMS Subfluffer, FOE |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 :: [one page] |