| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Drake Draconis
Minmatar Shadow Cadre Worlds End Consortium
|
Posted - 2009.04.23 20:19:00 -
[31]
This is why I'm against nerfing loot drops.
You folk who are oh so worried keep forgetting to look at the big picture.
Take off the rose colored glasses and take a good long look before you start yelling your mantra. ========================= CEO of Shadow Cadre http://www.shadowcadre.com =========================
|

Abulurd Boniface
Mercantile Exchange for Mining And Exploration
|
Posted - 2009.04.25 05:28:00 -
[32]
Originally by: Drake Draconis This is why I'm against nerfing loot drops.
You folk who are oh so worried keep forgetting to look at the big picture.
Take off the rose colored glasses and take a good long look before you start yelling your mantra.
I respectfully beg to differ. As it stands now, and by CCP's own admission, 40% of minerals comes from loot reprocessing. While I don't want to completely make that impossible, it means that if the miners stop mining and start missioning, by and large they will be able to make up for the rest of the mineral requirement by reprocessing their own drops.
I'd like a good explanation for why an entire profession has to suffer as a consequence of a game mechanic which makes the profession as good as obsolete.
I read arguments against nerfing loot drop reprocessing because it would raise the price of minerals. When I take off my rosy glasses [and squint against the bright light of reality before my eyes adjust to the glare] I see an entire profession having to perform its humble task in ships that barely have the capacity to defend themselves, are open to risk-free harassment, that cannot operate as a solo endeavour in nulsec where the shiny stuff resides.
Time and again I read about how few people there are in nulsec and how there's basically not much mining there. Obviously there is mining, mostly in fleet operations, but the solo miner just doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell. There is no mystery to it. The miner flies a space frame to harvest a commodity in an extremely hostile environment. I don't have a problem with a hostile environment. I have a big problem with the fact that there is no space frame available that is designed to withstand the rigors of nulsec space. [if -anyone- mentions the Rorqual as an argument to indicate there is a ship for miners in nulsec, I'm going to scream VERY LOUDLY].
Why is it that the combat pilot can now fly a new configuration of combat ship every day of the year without having to fly in the same space frame twice and the miner has exactly -nothing- that will facilitate low security space mineral harvesting?
You implore us to see the big picture. How about this perspective? People express reservations about the price of minerals going up if loot drops were nerfed. Why would mineral prices go up? Because of the fantastic risk associated with harvesting them. You know, basic economics. Miners are looked down upon and scorned but the people who do that are not flying ships themselves that are essentially defenceless in an extremely hostile environment where capsuleers fly ships with vast amounts of long-range fire power [which I don't begrudge them, to be clear]. Go ask -them- what price minerals would have to trade at to make the enterprise an acceptable risk for them to undertake. I'm willing to bet that no mineral anywhere in EVE trades at half the prices they would require.
I see people leaving the mining profession because they make more ISK missioning. I can't blame them. As it stands now it would be far easier for CCP to remove mining as a profession from the game because they obviously don't care enough about it to provide an adequate environment for the endeavour to thrive.
Abulurd Boniface ME ME CEO
For good to survive it suffices for evil to acquire a deadly, incapacitating disease. |

ToTheCore
Angels. Unity Thru Aggression.
|
Posted - 2009.04.25 05:30:00 -
[33]
Originally by: Clansworth A better fix would be 'illegal' mining crystals. Massive boost to yield of low end ores.
'Devastating Veldspar Crystal'
Yield Bonus 350% (175% is normal tech ii)
Usable in 0.3 or below, due to extremely devastating environmental effects (synergy with the devastating environmental effects of moon mining). Contraband in empire. Sourced from pirate LP stores, and rat droppings.
This would bring the market forces to play in low sec, allowing veldspar to be mined there for reasonable profits to compensate the risk. Also, this High yield, short burst, type mining, lends itself well to ninja style mining.
As long as the ability exists to use it in empire from people smuggling them in, I'm all for it. While this could potentially cause some balance issues if large amounts of them started arriving in empire, it would boost smuggling a bit. Maybe have some new NPC that cargo scans miners in a belt every 15 minutes or so to see what kind of crystals are being used and an appropriate fine is levied if caught. Regardless, I'm all for boosting lowsec and 0.0. Get more people out of empire and let them explore the rest of the game. ---
|

Ben Derindar
Dirty Deeds Corp. Axiom Empire
|
Posted - 2009.04.25 06:03:00 -
[34]
Not supported. If existing ores with similar such mineral yields aren't enough for low-sec miners, why would more of the same make any difference?
/Ben
|

Herschel Yamamoto
Bloodmoney Incorporated
|
Posted - 2009.04.25 16:27:00 -
[35]
Originally by: Ben Derindar Not supported. If existing ores with similar such mineral yields aren't enough for low-sec miners, why would more of the same make any difference?
/Ben
The existing ores have entirely different mineral yields - that's sort of the point. The minerals I proposed are worth twice as much as the best lowsec ore that exists right now, and three times as much as the joke that is Jaspet. ----- Bloodmoney Incorporated is recruiting! |

Yaay
Reikoku Reloaded KenZoku
|
Posted - 2009.04.25 18:22:00 -
[36]
Nox and Iso aren't dropped heavily in missions, they are dropped i huge amounts in 0.0 loot. So you're adding 0.0 loot, 0.0 superior rocks to the mix.
Nox is in way over supply atm in game. A lot of this has to do with the last rock adjustments that were introduced to game. Prices are also falling because freighters aren't getting ganked in high sec and jump freighters are making ore transportation from 0.0 to empire very easy.
Simply put, to fix mining, Nox and Isogen need to be reduced heavily in the supply chain, both 0.0 and low sec rocks.
DD changes
Docking PVP games |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |