| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Falzone
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 07:54:00 -
[1]
The way i understand these new ships they are meant to be stepping stones between cruisers and battleships right? Will the bps for them be released on the npc market as battleships, cruisers and frigs have been in the past or will they be released via research agents? The only reason I ask is cuase if they are released via research agents chances are in my opinion they are gonna cost more than battleships. I would like to keep this topic free of flames and hopefully actually get an answer from a dev or oveur. thanks
|

Falzone
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 07:54:00 -
[2]
The way i understand these new ships they are meant to be stepping stones between cruisers and battleships right? Will the bps for them be released on the npc market as battleships, cruisers and frigs have been in the past or will they be released via research agents? The only reason I ask is cuase if they are released via research agents chances are in my opinion they are gonna cost more than battleships. I would like to keep this topic free of flames and hopefully actually get an answer from a dev or oveur. thanks
|

Claire Scott
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 07:58:00 -
[3]
Why ould anyone flame you for that? Sounds like a good question to me.
-E
If you're not running with the pack, you're prey . . . |

Claire Scott
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 07:58:00 -
[4]
Why ould anyone flame you for that? Sounds like a good question to me.
-E
If you're not running with the pack, you're prey . . . |

Lucricia
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 07:58:00 -
[5]
Odds are like most tech 2, it'll be through research agents. I imaagine t2 BPO's will be offered by NPC corps..but not for awhile.
|

Lucricia
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 07:58:00 -
[6]
Odds are like most tech 2, it'll be through research agents. I imaagine t2 BPO's will be offered by NPC corps..but not for awhile.
|

Valerie Ganor
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 08:05:00 -
[7]
odds are that the ships are "simple" tech1 ships and that the bp's will be available from the normal npc corps
------------------------------------------------ Win the crowd... |

Valerie Ganor
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 08:05:00 -
[8]
odds are that the ships are "simple" tech1 ships and that the bp's will be available from the normal npc corps
------------------------------------------------ Win the crowd... |

Danton Marcellus
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 08:11:00 -
[9]
Chances are they'll be made more rare and be handed out via events, now if I could only set my scanners to locate an event...
Convert Stations
|

Danton Marcellus
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 08:11:00 -
[10]
Chances are they'll be made more rare and be handed out via events, now if I could only set my scanners to locate an event...
Convert Stations
|

Nafri
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 08:24:00 -
[11]
well if thy are handled out via events, thy are useless
90% of people dont attend events, many cant attend events (i would get blown up) since battlecruisers and destroyers should play a major role in combat this is not a very good idea.
i dont hope that agents are the only way to get those ships too, well I wont pay 200mio for a small BS with no tech2 Bonuses.
i hope/demand that thy will be handled like every other tech 1 ship and you can buy them on the normal market for reasonable prices (20-30mio for a battlecruiser, 10-20mio for destroyers)
otherwise well, thy useless Wanna fly with me?
|

Nafri
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 08:24:00 -
[12]
well if thy are handled out via events, thy are useless
90% of people dont attend events, many cant attend events (i would get blown up) since battlecruisers and destroyers should play a major role in combat this is not a very good idea.
i dont hope that agents are the only way to get those ships too, well I wont pay 200mio for a small BS with no tech2 Bonuses.
i hope/demand that thy will be handled like every other tech 1 ship and you can buy them on the normal market for reasonable prices (20-30mio for a battlecruiser, 10-20mio for destroyers)
otherwise well, thy useless Wanna fly with me?
|

Riddari
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 08:32:00 -
[13]
Oveur is still deciding if battlecruisers (who don't come until shiva) will be tech 1 or tech 2 ships.
If tech 2 then they most likely are going to be R&D agent stuff, if tech 1 then market.
¼©¼ a history |

Riddari
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 08:32:00 -
[14]
Oveur is still deciding if battlecruisers (who don't come until shiva) will be tech 1 or tech 2 ships.
If tech 2 then they most likely are going to be R&D agent stuff, if tech 1 then market.
¼©¼ a history |

BlackVenom
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 09:07:00 -
[15]
If released true R&D there going to be like 100M and no one will buy um. If CCP would have released the interceptors/ black ops frigs etc, brought out on market the pvp or anything in that area would be SO much better, fleets will consist of loads of diffrent types of ships making it far more tactical and fun. But now.. 
|

BlackVenom
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 09:07:00 -
[16]
If released true R&D there going to be like 100M and no one will buy um. If CCP would have released the interceptors/ black ops frigs etc, brought out on market the pvp or anything in that area would be SO much better, fleets will consist of loads of diffrent types of ships making it far more tactical and fun. But now.. 
|

Drazi
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 09:57:00 -
[17]
If you read the comments on the latest dev blog you can find this: <snipp> Oveur 2004.08.30 09:16:01 Shevar: Support Cruisers are coming out tomorrow, the cruisers mentioned are a new version. Falzone: Currently, BC and DS are scheduled to be released as TL1 ships, meaning they will have same availability as other TL1 ships, exactly for the reasons you mention. </snipp>
If you have read the csm's the same information has been given there if I'm not mistaken, atleast that's what I've gathered.
/d
|

Drazi
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 09:57:00 -
[18]
If you read the comments on the latest dev blog you can find this: <snipp> Oveur 2004.08.30 09:16:01 Shevar: Support Cruisers are coming out tomorrow, the cruisers mentioned are a new version. Falzone: Currently, BC and DS are scheduled to be released as TL1 ships, meaning they will have same availability as other TL1 ships, exactly for the reasons you mention. </snipp>
If you have read the csm's the same information has been given there if I'm not mistaken, atleast that's what I've gathered.
/d
|

Mordessa
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 10:14:00 -
[19]
Originally by: Riddari Oveur is still deciding if battlecruisers (who don't come until shiva) will be tech 1 or tech 2 ships.
If tech 2 then they most likely are going to be R&D agent stuff, if tech 1 then market.
Good lord... Elite frigates are already grossly overpriced, and to throw a ship nearly the size of a battleship, but definitly larger than a Cruiser as a tech II item then the cost of these ships will be absolutely insane.
If they make Battlecruisers Tech II items, then these ships are going to cost as much as, or more than some of the present battleships out there. Thus making them nothing more than hangar ornaments as most people will want the shiney new ship but will be damned if thier going to take it out into battle and loose a 70-80+ million isk ship that isnt even a battleship.
I really hope that they will be simply a new class of ships (Battlecruisers & Destroyers) released by the Empires. If CCP really has a to get a warm fuzzy from these ships then they can make elite versions with them at a later time, but for now just make them tech I for Gods sake.
|

Mordessa
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 10:14:00 -
[20]
Originally by: Riddari Oveur is still deciding if battlecruisers (who don't come until shiva) will be tech 1 or tech 2 ships.
If tech 2 then they most likely are going to be R&D agent stuff, if tech 1 then market.
Good lord... Elite frigates are already grossly overpriced, and to throw a ship nearly the size of a battleship, but definitly larger than a Cruiser as a tech II item then the cost of these ships will be absolutely insane.
If they make Battlecruisers Tech II items, then these ships are going to cost as much as, or more than some of the present battleships out there. Thus making them nothing more than hangar ornaments as most people will want the shiney new ship but will be damned if thier going to take it out into battle and loose a 70-80+ million isk ship that isnt even a battleship.
I really hope that they will be simply a new class of ships (Battlecruisers & Destroyers) released by the Empires. If CCP really has a to get a warm fuzzy from these ships then they can make elite versions with them at a later time, but for now just make them tech I for Gods sake.
|

Fester Addams
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 10:18:00 -
[21]
Battlecruisers and destroyers are not tech II.
Tech II items are upgraded and or modified versions of tech I items and as thise two ships have their own designs they are tech I.
As for their release... I hope the devs wouldnt just dump a large number of BPO's onto the market and see what happens. If they are smart they should release the first few in a number of small events, let normal agent running turn out some copies and in time let them spawn in the market in small quantities, a few per week or somthing like that.
If they get released with shiva then I would expect them to drop in the base thingies (dungeons) however I doubt that would be the sole source of it.
If on the other hane the devs feel lazy they might just let R&D agents churn them out, this would in my opinion be a mistake as that would make them overpriced to the level of tech II stuff.
In short, I dont know but expect ither the dumping of 100 odd BPO's each on the market OR R&D, both mistakes in my opinion.
|

Fester Addams
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 10:18:00 -
[22]
Battlecruisers and destroyers are not tech II.
Tech II items are upgraded and or modified versions of tech I items and as thise two ships have their own designs they are tech I.
As for their release... I hope the devs wouldnt just dump a large number of BPO's onto the market and see what happens. If they are smart they should release the first few in a number of small events, let normal agent running turn out some copies and in time let them spawn in the market in small quantities, a few per week or somthing like that.
If they get released with shiva then I would expect them to drop in the base thingies (dungeons) however I doubt that would be the sole source of it.
If on the other hane the devs feel lazy they might just let R&D agents churn them out, this would in my opinion be a mistake as that would make them overpriced to the level of tech II stuff.
In short, I dont know but expect ither the dumping of 100 odd BPO's each on the market OR R&D, both mistakes in my opinion.
|

Star Commander
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 10:33:00 -
[23]
Agreed. They should be Tech I. That way they won't become some form of elitest ship that only a very few peeps will be able to fly, or afford for that matter.
Releasing them on the market the same as normal cruisers and BS's should give everyone the chance to own one. Later on, the dev's can update some ship models to Tech II items and give them special bonus's/abilites, kinda like the difference between frig/interceptor/assault class ships.
By the way, has anyone received a bp for the assault ships yet? I'm itching to try one out, Minmatar and Amarr look the sexiest
|

Star Commander
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 10:33:00 -
[24]
Agreed. They should be Tech I. That way they won't become some form of elitest ship that only a very few peeps will be able to fly, or afford for that matter.
Releasing them on the market the same as normal cruisers and BS's should give everyone the chance to own one. Later on, the dev's can update some ship models to Tech II items and give them special bonus's/abilites, kinda like the difference between frig/interceptor/assault class ships.
By the way, has anyone received a bp for the assault ships yet? I'm itching to try one out, Minmatar and Amarr look the sexiest
|

Kel Shek
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 12:25:00 -
[25]
personally I would like to see Destroyers and BC's be almost like,... tech 1.5. what do I mean?
I mean, that for example, rather than being ONLY minerals build cost, it require some tech 2 components. and maybe one or two extra skills, than that needed for regular tech 1, BUT, not a signifigant amount... that if you've been around a month, lets say, you would already have. maybe,... say Industry 3,maybe electronics, engineering and mechanic 3 or 4 maybe, just stuff that you probably already have, but there symbolically to give it a more advanced flavor.
why would I have it like that? I think that from the sound of it, someone flying a destroyer, that hasn't flown a regular cruiser, will have problems. and someone flying a BC that hasn't flown a regular BS before, will also likely have problems. in both cases likely from configuring it contrary to its design intent, and over-estimating its strength.
I might make it need RAM's to build, (though again... not as much as Tech 2 ships, but just SOMETHING to make it a little "more" than just regular tech 1) and RDB's to research, maybe consume a very small amount of stuff, like tech 2, but signifigantly less quantity.
also maybe to provide a symbolic step between tech 1 and tech 2 for producers, as well. theres too big a gap there, IMO.
but of course thats just my opinion, 
~~~~~ To see a World in a Grain of Sand And Heaven in a Wild Flower Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour ~~William Blake |

Kel Shek
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 12:25:00 -
[26]
personally I would like to see Destroyers and BC's be almost like,... tech 1.5. what do I mean?
I mean, that for example, rather than being ONLY minerals build cost, it require some tech 2 components. and maybe one or two extra skills, than that needed for regular tech 1, BUT, not a signifigant amount... that if you've been around a month, lets say, you would already have. maybe,... say Industry 3,maybe electronics, engineering and mechanic 3 or 4 maybe, just stuff that you probably already have, but there symbolically to give it a more advanced flavor.
why would I have it like that? I think that from the sound of it, someone flying a destroyer, that hasn't flown a regular cruiser, will have problems. and someone flying a BC that hasn't flown a regular BS before, will also likely have problems. in both cases likely from configuring it contrary to its design intent, and over-estimating its strength.
I might make it need RAM's to build, (though again... not as much as Tech 2 ships, but just SOMETHING to make it a little "more" than just regular tech 1) and RDB's to research, maybe consume a very small amount of stuff, like tech 2, but signifigantly less quantity.
also maybe to provide a symbolic step between tech 1 and tech 2 for producers, as well. theres too big a gap there, IMO.
but of course thats just my opinion, 
~~~~~ To see a World in a Grain of Sand And Heaven in a Wild Flower Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour ~~William Blake |

Nafri
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 13:07:00 -
[27]
no dumb agents rewards, that are the faction ships, and you see what happended to guardian vexors,
nobody flies them Wanna fly with me?
|

Nafri
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 13:07:00 -
[28]
no dumb agents rewards, that are the faction ships, and you see what happended to guardian vexors,
nobody flies them Wanna fly with me?
|

MrRookie
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 13:29:00 -
[29]
Edited by: MrRookie on 30/08/2004 13:31:15 its just 2 new shipclasses. Like the Destroyer shouldnt cost or require anything extra than normal skill lvls like frig lvl 3 to train DE lvl 1 etc and cost less than a cruiser and neither should the BC. They are released to expand the game and make it more interesting. If its another "requires 2-3 lvl 5 skills" ships I`ll start as an ore thief just to make hell. _____________________________________________
\o/ I got a siggy...
WTB 3x Medium Modulated Pulse Energy Beams http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=139877 |

MrRookie
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 13:29:00 -
[30]
Edited by: MrRookie on 30/08/2004 13:31:15 its just 2 new shipclasses. Like the Destroyer shouldnt cost or require anything extra than normal skill lvls like frig lvl 3 to train DE lvl 1 etc and cost less than a cruiser and neither should the BC. They are released to expand the game and make it more interesting. If its another "requires 2-3 lvl 5 skills" ships I`ll start as an ore thief just to make hell. _____________________________________________
\o/ I got a siggy...
WTB 3x Medium Modulated Pulse Energy Beams http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=139877 |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |