| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

michael boltonIII
170
|
Posted - 2012.05.18 17:38:00 -
[1] - Quote
Hi everybody, it's your friendly Alliance Tournament commentator and all around nice guy Michael BoltonIII here to talk to you guys about a special request.
One of the biggest problems with past Alliance Tournament's commentary is that very often we will see setups that we have no idea what the thought process behind them is or will completely mis-interpret their design. One of the main reasons last years commentary was better than average is that Raivi had snuck into most of the top teams practices and seen a lot of the setups, so we had some idea of what we might see from certain teams but the rules are drastically different this year, and relying on this sort of information is less than ideal.
My Point: I'd like to sit in on some of your practices, and talk to your setup designers about their setups. I can promise you that any information you give or anything I see will not be leaked to any group or person, not even the other commentators until we are safely in Iceland and I can **** punch them if they leak anything. I know you're thinking "Bullshit", but besides being the most handsome commentator, I'm also an Alliance Diplomat in Test, which means I can lie or scam on this character lest I get my roles stripped and get kicked from alliance. Needless to say your secrets are safe with me.
I also might be producing some intro videos for the most popular, strong, or unique setups. Rest assured that they won't be shown to anyone until after you've premiered the setup, but they'd go a long way towards helping the regular viewer understand the intricate thought processes behind what they see. |

Raivi
Sniggerdly Pandemic Legion
115
|
Posted - 2012.05.18 17:43:00 -
[2] - Quote
Hey I'll have you know very little of my commentary came from having spied on people.
Most of it was because they were copying setups we designed.
:P |

Spartan dax
0utbreak Outbreak.
6
|
Posted - 2012.05.18 21:14:00 -
[3] - Quote
It's not that anyone questions your unblemished record of not yabbering. It's more of a question of your ability to "punch them if they leak anything".
Tell you what, you put up a video of yourself punching, say Raivi or Kil2 and it will be sincerely considered.  |

michael boltonIII
170
|
Posted - 2012.05.18 22:03:00 -
[4] - Quote
I could just not tell them at all, and look like I'm the smartest commentator out of the whole bunch :) |

Zowie Powers
Hole in the wall
77
|
Posted - 2012.05.18 22:07:00 -
[5] - Quote
Raivi wrote:Hey I'll have you know very little of my commentary came from having spied on people.
Most of it was because they were copying setups we designed.
:P
And THAT is why we want Shadoo back. |

Joe D'Trader
Dreddit Test Alliance Please Ignore
146
|
Posted - 2012.05.22 23:32:00 -
[6] - Quote
As you know we will be flying rifter hulls. 4 Juags 4 Wolfs 4 Rifters. There is no way it could lost. |

Time Funnel
Ars ex Discordia Test Alliance Please Ignore
134
|
Posted - 2012.05.22 23:50:00 -
[7] - Quote
Sure man, happy to chat! Unless we are too terrible for you. |

Palolko Dwimer
CHON THE R0NIN
1
|
Posted - 2012.05.23 17:40:00 -
[8] - Quote
michael boltonIII wrote: ... but the rules are drastically different this year, and relying on this sort of information is less than ideal.
Start with reconsidering/exploring idea quoted above.
Some indicative reading: Decision Making and Problem Solving Strategies; by John Adair 2010. The Thinker's Toolkit: 14 Powerful Techniques for Problem Solving by Morgan Jones Developing Analytical Skills: Case Studies in Management
I've never read the books myself, but should give you some basic clue about this year's setups. |

michael boltonIII
170
|
Posted - 2012.05.23 20:22:00 -
[9] - Quote
Ah well, I was hoping this would turn out better than it actually did. I really wasn't going to leak anything to anybody, and actually did want get a head start on what some of the better setups will be. Now I'm stuck with just what the TEST team and our spies pick up (I'll probably nag Raivi too). |

Time Funnel
Ars ex Discordia Test Alliance Please Ignore
135
|
Posted - 2012.05.23 20:27:00 -
[10] - Quote
Glad to hear we are your first choice!
You still haven't been accepted. Better show up for practice. :P |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |