| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Ashmael
|
Posted - 2004.09.30 15:37:00 -
[1]
PLEASE HELP!!!
I have installed the game at home with no probs and have set up a paying account no problems. I then saw this below in the FAQ and decided to install the game on my comp at work.
ô1.7 Can I let my friend play one of my characters while I play another one on the same account?
No, you won't be able to do that. Since users connect to the game using a unique username and password, it is possible to install and play EVE on multiple computers, though you can only log in one character per account at a time.ö
My question is how do I do this?? The game has installed ok and it takes me to the CD key screen where I have tried to enter my Cdkey but of course you can only enter it once. So how do I activate my account and the game on a separate comp??? Would be cool for 16hrs a day rather than 8 :-)
Cheers in advance for any help.
|

Ashmael
|
Posted - 2004.09.30 15:37:00 -
[2]
PLEASE HELP!!!
I have installed the game at home with no probs and have set up a paying account no problems. I then saw this below in the FAQ and decided to install the game on my comp at work.
ô1.7 Can I let my friend play one of my characters while I play another one on the same account?
No, you won't be able to do that. Since users connect to the game using a unique username and password, it is possible to install and play EVE on multiple computers, though you can only log in one character per account at a time.ö
My question is how do I do this?? The game has installed ok and it takes me to the CD key screen where I have tried to enter my Cdkey but of course you can only enter it once. So how do I activate my account and the game on a separate comp??? Would be cool for 16hrs a day rather than 8 :-)
Cheers in advance for any help.
|

Toshiro Hasegawa
|
Posted - 2004.09.30 16:12:00 -
[3]
im not sure if im missing something, but you can log into an infinite amount of accounts on one comp by entering the user / pass. You do not need a seound CD key to activate a secound account, but you do have to pay for each account monthly (or whatever pay period you want). Eve can be d/l from server, and not installed at all with a CD. -
History is the Study of Change |

Toshiro Hasegawa
|
Posted - 2004.09.30 16:12:00 -
[4]
im not sure if im missing something, but you can log into an infinite amount of accounts on one comp by entering the user / pass. You do not need a seound CD key to activate a secound account, but you do have to pay for each account monthly (or whatever pay period you want). Eve can be d/l from server, and not installed at all with a CD. -
History is the Study of Change |

Antonius
|
Posted - 2004.09.30 16:38:00 -
[5]
Just install the game to the second computer and login with your username and password you don't need to enter your cd-key again, just skip that part when you're done installing :)
|

Antonius
|
Posted - 2004.09.30 16:38:00 -
[6]
Just install the game to the second computer and login with your username and password you don't need to enter your cd-key again, just skip that part when you're done installing :)
|

Senthra Korima
|
Posted - 2004.09.30 17:10:00 -
[7]
I think your missing the point.
You can only log in your account ONCE. If you have 3 computers, you can still only log in once with a single account. You can hop computers, but you can not be logged in 3 times with the same account.
You can have 3 systems with 3 accounts. You can even run the game 3 times from one computer, using 3 different accounts. But you need 1 account for every instance you want logged in at the same time.
|

Senthra Korima
|
Posted - 2004.09.30 17:10:00 -
[8]
I think your missing the point.
You can only log in your account ONCE. If you have 3 computers, you can still only log in once with a single account. You can hop computers, but you can not be logged in 3 times with the same account.
You can have 3 systems with 3 accounts. You can even run the game 3 times from one computer, using 3 different accounts. But you need 1 account for every instance you want logged in at the same time.
|

Elita
|
Posted - 2004.09.30 20:04:00 -
[9]
The original poster's problem seems to be related to product activation, not login. You should be able to enter the same CD key when you install on a second computer. When it asks you to activate the software, you should be able to enter the activation code you got when you activated the original CD.
Alternatively, download a copy of the client. There is no CD key, no product activation; you just need to start it up and log in.
--
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke |

Elita
|
Posted - 2004.09.30 20:04:00 -
[10]
The original poster's problem seems to be related to product activation, not login. You should be able to enter the same CD key when you install on a second computer. When it asks you to activate the software, you should be able to enter the activation code you got when you activated the original CD.
Alternatively, download a copy of the client. There is no CD key, no product activation; you just need to start it up and log in.
--
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke |

Mynobe Soletae
|
Posted - 2004.09.30 20:33:00 -
[11]
I normally just copy the EVE directory from one computer to another, and then just log in. But yes, with one account I can only log in at ONE of the computers, be it in the bedroom upstairs or the study downstairs.
|

Mynobe Soletae
|
Posted - 2004.09.30 20:33:00 -
[12]
I normally just copy the EVE directory from one computer to another, and then just log in. But yes, with one account I can only log in at ONE of the computers, be it in the bedroom upstairs or the study downstairs.
|

Avon
|
Posted - 2004.10.01 13:09:00 -
[13]
Edited by: Avon on 01/10/2004 13:12:24
Originally by: Senthra Korima I think your missing the point.
You can only log in your account ONCE. If you have 3 computers, you can still only log in once with a single account. You can hop computers, but you can not be logged in 3 times with the same account.
You can have 3 systems with 3 accounts. You can even run the game 3 times from one computer, using 3 different accounts. But you need 1 account for every instance you want logged in at the same time.
No, this is not correct. You can log onto you account once for every character on that account, so long as each instance is running a different character. Same PC, different PC's, whatever. Remember though, only 1 character can be skill training at a time on 1 account.
The best way of getting mutiple accounts running is simply to make a copy of the Eve folder after installation. You do not need to go through the install process again, just put a copy of your folder on the system you want to play on. ______________________________________________
Never argue with idiots. They will just drag it down to their level, and then beat you through experience. |

Avon
|
Posted - 2004.10.01 13:09:00 -
[14]
Edited by: Avon on 01/10/2004 13:12:24
Originally by: Senthra Korima I think your missing the point.
You can only log in your account ONCE. If you have 3 computers, you can still only log in once with a single account. You can hop computers, but you can not be logged in 3 times with the same account.
You can have 3 systems with 3 accounts. You can even run the game 3 times from one computer, using 3 different accounts. But you need 1 account for every instance you want logged in at the same time.
No, this is not correct. You can log onto you account once for every character on that account, so long as each instance is running a different character. Same PC, different PC's, whatever. Remember though, only 1 character can be skill training at a time on 1 account.
The best way of getting mutiple accounts running is simply to make a copy of the Eve folder after installation. You do not need to go through the install process again, just put a copy of your folder on the system you want to play on. ______________________________________________
Never argue with idiots. They will just drag it down to their level, and then beat you through experience. |

Senthra Korima
|
Posted - 2004.10.02 02:39:00 -
[15]
Originally by: Avon Edited by: Avon on 01/10/2004 13:12:24
Originally by: Senthra Korima I think your missing the point.
No, this is not correct. You can log onto you account once for every character on that account, so long as each instance is running a different character. Same PC, different PC's, whatever. Remember though, only 1 character can be skill training at a time on 1 account.
The best way of getting mutiple accounts running is simply to make a copy of the Eve folder after installation. You do not need to go through the install process again, just put a copy of your folder on the system you want to play on.
I am not sure what your doing, but I do not believe this correct. Just to be sure, I setup both my consoles and attempted to log them in using the same account. Just as I expected, only one instance of an account can be used at a time. Attempting to log a second instance of the same account, results in the first being logged out. So again, you can have multiple accounts running at once, but you cannot have multiple characters from the same account.
If you can log in two characters from the same account, please tell me how. I have not seen this done since beta.
|

Senthra Korima
|
Posted - 2004.10.02 02:39:00 -
[16]
Originally by: Avon Edited by: Avon on 01/10/2004 13:12:24
Originally by: Senthra Korima I think your missing the point.
No, this is not correct. You can log onto you account once for every character on that account, so long as each instance is running a different character. Same PC, different PC's, whatever. Remember though, only 1 character can be skill training at a time on 1 account.
The best way of getting mutiple accounts running is simply to make a copy of the Eve folder after installation. You do not need to go through the install process again, just put a copy of your folder on the system you want to play on.
I am not sure what your doing, but I do not believe this correct. Just to be sure, I setup both my consoles and attempted to log them in using the same account. Just as I expected, only one instance of an account can be used at a time. Attempting to log a second instance of the same account, results in the first being logged out. So again, you can have multiple accounts running at once, but you cannot have multiple characters from the same account.
If you can log in two characters from the same account, please tell me how. I have not seen this done since beta.
|

Avon
|
Posted - 2004.10.02 09:07:00 -
[17]
To be honest you could be right. I have no idea which characters are on what accounts.
/me goes back to sleep ______________________________________________
Never argue with idiots. They will just drag it down to their level, and then beat you through experience. |

Avon
|
Posted - 2004.10.02 09:07:00 -
[18]
To be honest you could be right. I have no idea which characters are on what accounts.
/me goes back to sleep ______________________________________________
Never argue with idiots. They will just drag it down to their level, and then beat you through experience. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |