| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Helly Frost
|
Posted - 2004.10.12 10:58:00 -
[1]
Well its all about fighting and attacking.. do you ned some hauling done.....eh  
What is the best setup in a Mammoth
Only one turret, so I go for the armor/shield, and of cause MAX cargo hold vs. survival setup. 
But what to chose
|

Helly Frost
|
Posted - 2004.10.12 10:58:00 -
[2]
Well its all about fighting and attacking.. do you ned some hauling done.....eh  
What is the best setup in a Mammoth
Only one turret, so I go for the armor/shield, and of cause MAX cargo hold vs. survival setup. 
But what to chose
|

Veneth
|
Posted - 2004.10.12 15:14:00 -
[3]
Edited by: Veneth on 12/10/2004 15:18:02 Get loaded with xpanders than slap on 2 10mn ABs a sheild booster and whatever cap rechargers you can fit :)
Don't bother with the gun your just wasting powergrid
If your looking for a setup to survive players than well. never seen one survive. I'd advise against it
|

Veneth
|
Posted - 2004.10.12 15:14:00 -
[4]
Edited by: Veneth on 12/10/2004 15:18:02 Get loaded with xpanders than slap on 2 10mn ABs a sheild booster and whatever cap rechargers you can fit :)
Don't bother with the gun your just wasting powergrid
If your looking for a setup to survive players than well. never seen one survive. I'd advise against it
|

Kitten Waylander
|
Posted - 2004.10.12 15:56:00 -
[5]
Highs depends, if you can fit it after all get a small sb
Meds Medium t2 shieldbooster, shield extender, caprechargers
Lows Expanders Expanders Expanders
No need for afterburners, you should use instajump bookmarks. Burners are useless. The extended shields are good to keep you alive till you warp out - they compensate a few hits from the odd gate rat. Should you hit a gatecamp you're dead regardsless of your modules. A kestrel with scrambler will tear you to shreds in no time. Have don it, had it happen to me.
|

Kitten Waylander
|
Posted - 2004.10.12 15:56:00 -
[6]
Highs depends, if you can fit it after all get a small sb
Meds Medium t2 shieldbooster, shield extender, caprechargers
Lows Expanders Expanders Expanders
No need for afterburners, you should use instajump bookmarks. Burners are useless. The extended shields are good to keep you alive till you warp out - they compensate a few hits from the odd gate rat. Should you hit a gatecamp you're dead regardsless of your modules. A kestrel with scrambler will tear you to shreds in no time. Have don it, had it happen to me.
|

MutherUFO
|
Posted - 2004.10.12 17:22:00 -
[7]
How is it for straight mining? I'm fairly new to the game and I've been using my Probe for mining so far...was about to go for the Mammoth for mining due to it's hold size, but I'm not sure now after reading this...
Any help would be appreciated.
|

MutherUFO
|
Posted - 2004.10.12 17:22:00 -
[8]
How is it for straight mining? I'm fairly new to the game and I've been using my Probe for mining so far...was about to go for the Mammoth for mining due to it's hold size, but I'm not sure now after reading this...
Any help would be appreciated.
|

Directive
|
Posted - 2004.10.12 17:41:00 -
[9]
Originally by: MutherUFO How is it for straight mining? I'm fairly new to the game and I've been using my Probe for mining so far...was about to go for the Mammoth for mining due to it's hold size, but I'm not sure now after reading this...
Any help would be appreciated.
Indies are bad for mining since they can fit 1 turret only, unless you're in to afk-mining in high sec space 
|

Directive
|
Posted - 2004.10.12 17:41:00 -
[10]
Originally by: MutherUFO How is it for straight mining? I'm fairly new to the game and I've been using my Probe for mining so far...was about to go for the Mammoth for mining due to it's hold size, but I'm not sure now after reading this...
Any help would be appreciated.
Indies are bad for mining since they can fit 1 turret only, unless you're in to afk-mining in high sec space 
|

Weirda
|
Posted - 2004.10.12 20:14:00 -
[11]
Originally by: Directive unless you're in to afk-mining in high sec space 
You make it sound like a fetish!  -- Thread Killer
<END TRANSMISSION> |

Weirda
|
Posted - 2004.10.12 20:14:00 -
[12]
Originally by: Directive unless you're in to afk-mining in high sec space 
You make it sound like a fetish!  -- Thread Killer
<END TRANSMISSION> |

Directive
|
Posted - 2004.10.12 21:35:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Weirda
Originally by: Directive unless you're in to afk-mining in high sec space 
You make it sound like a fetish! 
It could be one for some people 
|

Directive
|
Posted - 2004.10.12 21:35:00 -
[14]
Originally by: Weirda
Originally by: Directive unless you're in to afk-mining in high sec space 
You make it sound like a fetish! 
It could be one for some people 
|

Sabishii
|
Posted - 2004.10.12 22:27:00 -
[15]
Originally by: Veneth If your looking for a setup to survive players than well. never seen one survive. I'd advise against it
High: Nothing. Maybe a smartbomb for the pretty Boom thing it does. Mid:1x Med shield extender, 4Xsmall extenders. (preferably Tech2) Low:3X WCS, 1X Nanofibre I (Or a named Inertial Stab with >12% inertia mod)
Train Evasive Maneuvering to Level 5.
With this setup you can get into warp fast enough to survive a gankgeddon using Multi crystals at optimal, without more than a scratch on your armor. I should know, I've done it. I run the CA gate gankers in Querious all the time like this.
With instajump bookmarks you're fast enough to get away from all the cruisers and interceptors any gate blockade can throw at you. The only danger is if they manage to get enough warp scramble strength to stop you.
Sure, its lower on cargo space, but survival is more important.
|

Sabishii
|
Posted - 2004.10.12 22:27:00 -
[16]
Originally by: Veneth If your looking for a setup to survive players than well. never seen one survive. I'd advise against it
High: Nothing. Maybe a smartbomb for the pretty Boom thing it does. Mid:1x Med shield extender, 4Xsmall extenders. (preferably Tech2) Low:3X WCS, 1X Nanofibre I (Or a named Inertial Stab with >12% inertia mod)
Train Evasive Maneuvering to Level 5.
With this setup you can get into warp fast enough to survive a gankgeddon using Multi crystals at optimal, without more than a scratch on your armor. I should know, I've done it. I run the CA gate gankers in Querious all the time like this.
With instajump bookmarks you're fast enough to get away from all the cruisers and interceptors any gate blockade can throw at you. The only danger is if they manage to get enough warp scramble strength to stop you.
Sure, its lower on cargo space, but survival is more important.
|

Helly Frost
|
Posted - 2004.10.13 08:11:00 -
[17]
Edited by: Helly Frost on 13/10/2004 08:16:11 Well i got it flying with the following.
High: Empty Med: 1 medium shield, 1 med shield extender, 1 micro cap and 2 shield flux for recharging. Low: 2 Cargo Expander 1, and 2 Core chargers whitch gives more energy(dont remember the name).
My problem now is how do i get enoughe energy, i have 5 med slots, 2 is up for better improvements, but the Mammoth only has 80 or so energy to spend..i would like something in the med slots to boost energy with, permanently.... Is that possible?
I would lige to have 4 cargo expanders on it, but that is simply not possible if I want to boost shield and capacitor for security reasons. I need energy, preferably from MED slots.
|

Helly Frost
|
Posted - 2004.10.13 08:11:00 -
[18]
Edited by: Helly Frost on 13/10/2004 08:16:11 Well i got it flying with the following.
High: Empty Med: 1 medium shield, 1 med shield extender, 1 micro cap and 2 shield flux for recharging. Low: 2 Cargo Expander 1, and 2 Core chargers whitch gives more energy(dont remember the name).
My problem now is how do i get enoughe energy, i have 5 med slots, 2 is up for better improvements, but the Mammoth only has 80 or so energy to spend..i would like something in the med slots to boost energy with, permanently.... Is that possible?
I would lige to have 4 cargo expanders on it, but that is simply not possible if I want to boost shield and capacitor for security reasons. I need energy, preferably from MED slots.
|

Levin Cavil
|
Posted - 2004.10.13 08:51:00 -
[19]
Edited by: Levin Cavil on 13/10/2004 08:56:22 Edited by: Levin Cavil on 13/10/2004 08:54:12 Uhh.. how is a gun wasting grid? What else are you using grid for?
If you are going full hauling then fit 5x multispecs and just jam whatever tries to gank you. OR if you know what you will be facing use race specific jammers, a couple webs and a warp scrambler and kill the guy, fit a small gun and a smartbomb.
Look at this vid for ideas: Battle Bestower or: Battle Badger
Both of those setups work with fully expanded indies.
TBH I don't see why you would fly an indy with expanders and nothing else. What are you leaving slots open for? Shield tanking it is pretty much worthless as well, don't even bother with that, you havn't got much cap or shield and you will just delay the inevitable.
------------------------------
<Hammerhead> we can't do anything that requires programming
|

Levin Cavil
|
Posted - 2004.10.13 08:51:00 -
[20]
Edited by: Levin Cavil on 13/10/2004 08:56:22 Edited by: Levin Cavil on 13/10/2004 08:54:12 Uhh.. how is a gun wasting grid? What else are you using grid for?
If you are going full hauling then fit 5x multispecs and just jam whatever tries to gank you. OR if you know what you will be facing use race specific jammers, a couple webs and a warp scrambler and kill the guy, fit a small gun and a smartbomb.
Look at this vid for ideas: Battle Bestower or: Battle Badger
Both of those setups work with fully expanded indies.
TBH I don't see why you would fly an indy with expanders and nothing else. What are you leaving slots open for? Shield tanking it is pretty much worthless as well, don't even bother with that, you havn't got much cap or shield and you will just delay the inevitable.
------------------------------
<Hammerhead> we can't do anything that requires programming
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |