| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

UnholyDemon
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 02:25:00 -
[1]
Edited by: UnholyDemon on 14/11/2004 19:29:11 Edited by: UnholyDemon on 14/11/2004 02:29:32 My Skills (Combat Related) are as follows: *DRONES* Mining Drone lvl 1 Drones lvl 3 Scout Drones lvl 1
*ELECTRONICS* Electronics 3 EW 1 Targeting 3 Propulsion Jamming 1
*ENGINEERING* Engineering lvl 1 Shield Operation lvl 1 Energy Systems lvl 1
*GUNNERY* Small Hybrid Turret lvl 3 Gunnery lvl 4 Small Projectile lvl 1 Small Energy Turret lvl 2 Medium Hybrid Turret lvl 1
*MECHANIC* Mechanic lvl 1 Repair Systems lvl 1 Hull Upgrades lvl 1
*MISSILES* Standard Missiles lvl 1 Missile Launcher lvl 1
*NAVIGATION* AB lvl 2 Navigation lvl 2 Evasive Manuevering lvl 1
*SPACESHIP COMMAND* Minmatar Frigate lvl 3 Amarr Frigate lvl 3 Gallente Frigate lvl 3 Gallente Cruiser lvl 3 Caldari Frigate lvl 3 Spaceship Commmand lvl 3
And yes, I should've focused on individual skills, instead of getting alot of different skills to lvl 1. What can I say, I can't decide lol. Could you guys also give me some tips on skills I should learn? (Combat Related) Because I don't know where I'm going with what I have. I'm lost as to what would be good. What's the best Frigate as stated in the title? MONEY IS NO PROBLEM Thanks in advance ~UD
|

UnholyDemon
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 02:25:00 -
[2]
Edited by: UnholyDemon on 14/11/2004 19:29:11 Edited by: UnholyDemon on 14/11/2004 02:29:32 My Skills (Combat Related) are as follows: *DRONES* Mining Drone lvl 1 Drones lvl 3 Scout Drones lvl 1
*ELECTRONICS* Electronics 3 EW 1 Targeting 3 Propulsion Jamming 1
*ENGINEERING* Engineering lvl 1 Shield Operation lvl 1 Energy Systems lvl 1
*GUNNERY* Small Hybrid Turret lvl 3 Gunnery lvl 4 Small Projectile lvl 1 Small Energy Turret lvl 2 Medium Hybrid Turret lvl 1
*MECHANIC* Mechanic lvl 1 Repair Systems lvl 1 Hull Upgrades lvl 1
*MISSILES* Standard Missiles lvl 1 Missile Launcher lvl 1
*NAVIGATION* AB lvl 2 Navigation lvl 2 Evasive Manuevering lvl 1
*SPACESHIP COMMAND* Minmatar Frigate lvl 3 Amarr Frigate lvl 3 Gallente Frigate lvl 3 Gallente Cruiser lvl 3 Caldari Frigate lvl 3 Spaceship Commmand lvl 3
And yes, I should've focused on individual skills, instead of getting alot of different skills to lvl 1. What can I say, I can't decide lol. Could you guys also give me some tips on skills I should learn? (Combat Related) Because I don't know where I'm going with what I have. I'm lost as to what would be good. What's the best Frigate as stated in the title? MONEY IS NO PROBLEM Thanks in advance ~UD
|

Mao TseTung
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 04:00:00 -
[3]
My personal favorite frigate for NPC hunting would be the Rifter. I like to use a close-range setup,
highs 2X 200mm Gallium Autocannons 2X "Limos" Rocket Launchers
meds 1X MWD (swap for an AB if you don't have the skills) 1X Webby
lows 1X200mm Rolled Tungsten plates and whatever else you want to put in here, maybe a small armor repiarer
Orbit at 2.5-1km and turn on the weaps and you can school most 0.3-0.4 rats, I typically fight Angels. If you are getting whooped by the NPC's turrets, turn on the MWD and orbit while rocket spamming. ---------
The pen and the sword are inexorably linked. |

Mao TseTung
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 04:00:00 -
[4]
My personal favorite frigate for NPC hunting would be the Rifter. I like to use a close-range setup,
highs 2X 200mm Gallium Autocannons 2X "Limos" Rocket Launchers
meds 1X MWD (swap for an AB if you don't have the skills) 1X Webby
lows 1X200mm Rolled Tungsten plates and whatever else you want to put in here, maybe a small armor repiarer
Orbit at 2.5-1km and turn on the weaps and you can school most 0.3-0.4 rats, I typically fight Angels. If you are getting whooped by the NPC's turrets, turn on the MWD and orbit while rocket spamming. ---------
The pen and the sword are inexorably linked. |

UnholyDemon
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 04:14:00 -
[5]
Edited by: UnholyDemon on 14/11/2004 04:17:35 Edited by: UnholyDemon on 14/11/2004 04:17:05 Edited by: UnholyDemon on 14/11/2004 04:16:44 Cool, and thanks. FINALLY A REPLY lol. But yeah, thanks again I appreciate the advice :) ~UD http://prometheus.myserver.org/~adltd
|

UnholyDemon
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 04:14:00 -
[6]
Edited by: UnholyDemon on 14/11/2004 04:17:35 Edited by: UnholyDemon on 14/11/2004 04:17:05 Edited by: UnholyDemon on 14/11/2004 04:16:44 Cool, and thanks. FINALLY A REPLY lol. But yeah, thanks again I appreciate the advice :) ~UD http://prometheus.myserver.org/~adltd
|

Necrologic
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 04:53:00 -
[7]
have a look at interceptors and assualt frigates too. _______________________________________________________
Et nunc, reges, intelligite, erudimini, qui judicati terram. |

Necrologic
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 04:53:00 -
[8]
have a look at interceptors and assualt frigates too. _______________________________________________________
Et nunc, reges, intelligite, erudimini, qui judicati terram. |

UnholyDemon
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 05:20:00 -
[9]
I have a question, could that setup for the Rifter work well on a Merlin? And, my interceptor won't be ready for quite awhile :)
|

UnholyDemon
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 05:20:00 -
[10]
I have a question, could that setup for the Rifter work well on a Merlin? And, my interceptor won't be ready for quite awhile :)
|

Erzengal
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 07:36:00 -
[11]
Your skills are still a bit low for taking on cruisers in a frig. I would suggest a Kestrel to start with. Make sure you get your Engineering, then energy systems and energy manangment up asap. To properly fit most frigs you will need engineering at Lv5.
The merlin is also a nice ship for npc'ing. Try playing around with them and see what works best for you.
|

Erzengal
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 07:36:00 -
[12]
Your skills are still a bit low for taking on cruisers in a frig. I would suggest a Kestrel to start with. Make sure you get your Engineering, then energy systems and energy manangment up asap. To properly fit most frigs you will need engineering at Lv5.
The merlin is also a nice ship for npc'ing. Try playing around with them and see what works best for you.
|

Nicodemous
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 08:48:00 -
[13]
I'd also suggest a Kestrel.. I've killed 50k rats in one fairly effectively at range (about 30k or so) - just keep the shield booster and AB's doing what they're supposed to.
Kestrel 4x Limos Standards (better if available) 1x Small Shield Booster 2x 1mn Afterburners anything you want in the lows - I'm fond of cap relays.
|

Nicodemous
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 08:48:00 -
[14]
I'd also suggest a Kestrel.. I've killed 50k rats in one fairly effectively at range (about 30k or so) - just keep the shield booster and AB's doing what they're supposed to.
Kestrel 4x Limos Standards (better if available) 1x Small Shield Booster 2x 1mn Afterburners anything you want in the lows - I'm fond of cap relays.
|

Apollo Balthar
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 15:10:00 -
[15]
Originally by: Nicodemous I'd also suggest a Kestrel.. I've killed 50k rats in one fairly effectively at range (about 30k or so) - just keep the shield booster and AB's doing what they're supposed to.
Kestrel 4x Limos Standards (better if available) 1x Small Shield Booster 2x 1mn Afterburners anything you want in the lows - I'm fond of cap relays.
hmm, have you seen the 10% shield penalty on cap relays ? Id never use shield as defense while using CPR's. train energy management up to 3-4 and fit power reactor managers in your lows.
|

Apollo Balthar
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 15:10:00 -
[16]
Originally by: Nicodemous I'd also suggest a Kestrel.. I've killed 50k rats in one fairly effectively at range (about 30k or so) - just keep the shield booster and AB's doing what they're supposed to.
Kestrel 4x Limos Standards (better if available) 1x Small Shield Booster 2x 1mn Afterburners anything you want in the lows - I'm fond of cap relays.
hmm, have you seen the 10% shield penalty on cap relays ? Id never use shield as defense while using CPR's. train energy management up to 3-4 and fit power reactor managers in your lows.
|

Sollytear
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 15:59:00 -
[17]
I can only suggest wat ive used. The kessi
4x stnd launchers
1x 1mwd 1x standard cap battery (for those long warps) 1x t2 cap recharger / named t1
1x bal 1x rep relay
MWD can b on indefinatly. Stnd launchers kill. Simple. orbit 30km from frigs, 30km for cruisers.
|

Sollytear
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 15:59:00 -
[18]
I can only suggest wat ive used. The kessi
4x stnd launchers
1x 1mwd 1x standard cap battery (for those long warps) 1x t2 cap recharger / named t1
1x bal 1x rep relay
MWD can b on indefinatly. Stnd launchers kill. Simple. orbit 30km from frigs, 30km for cruisers.
|

Phoebe McCeres
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 16:42:00 -
[19]
I can do the Mordus level 2 agent kill mission in a Punisher... Don't know if you want that setup. :)
|

Phoebe McCeres
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 16:42:00 -
[20]
I can do the Mordus level 2 agent kill mission in a Punisher... Don't know if you want that setup. :)
|

UnholyDemon
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 18:11:00 -
[21]
Where can I get a list of named weapons' prices? ALSO What would be better than limos, and where could I find em? (Meaning does anyone hae some I could purchase?) The reason I made this thread is because yesterday I lost a kestrel and a merlin to Serpentis Drug Barons and Soldiers. (If that helps any) Seemed like they killed me when I got too close. Thanks for all of your help! ~UD
|

UnholyDemon
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 18:11:00 -
[22]
Where can I get a list of named weapons' prices? ALSO What would be better than limos, and where could I find em? (Meaning does anyone hae some I could purchase?) The reason I made this thread is because yesterday I lost a kestrel and a merlin to Serpentis Drug Barons and Soldiers. (If that helps any) Seemed like they killed me when I got too close. Thanks for all of your help! ~UD
|

Bad'Boy
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 18:51:00 -
[23]
hm..I would recomend you to take imicus , fit some miners go to 1.0 space and hunt veldspar/scord or do some agent missions and waite a bit be4 takeing on NPC cruisers
B.A.D.B.O.Y.: Biomechanical Android Designed for Battle and Online Yelling
"Bad Boys,Bad Boys, what you gonna do, what you gonna do when WE come for yoU"
|

Bad'Boy
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 18:51:00 -
[24]
hm..I would recomend you to take imicus , fit some miners go to 1.0 space and hunt veldspar/scord or do some agent missions and waite a bit be4 takeing on NPC cruisers
B.A.D.B.O.Y.: Biomechanical Android Designed for Battle and Online Yelling
"Bad Boys,Bad Boys, what you gonna do, what you gonna do when WE come for yoU"
|

UnholyDemon
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 19:07:00 -
[25]
Edited by: UnholyDemon on 14/11/2004 19:11:35 Edited by: UnholyDemon on 14/11/2004 19:10:03 Funny. I've already taken out a few of the cruisers. It's the Soldiers (Tristans) that usually take me down. I also mine in .5 most of the time. Don't assume that I should mine in 1.0. Veld sucks anyway, I usually mine omber and Scord. Plagio every now and then.(I mine in my Thorax BTW) You don't want to contribute? I don't want to hear it.
|

UnholyDemon
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 19:07:00 -
[26]
Edited by: UnholyDemon on 14/11/2004 19:11:35 Edited by: UnholyDemon on 14/11/2004 19:10:03 Funny. I've already taken out a few of the cruisers. It's the Soldiers (Tristans) that usually take me down. I also mine in .5 most of the time. Don't assume that I should mine in 1.0. Veld sucks anyway, I usually mine omber and Scord. Plagio every now and then.(I mine in my Thorax BTW) You don't want to contribute? I don't want to hear it.
|

Bad'Boy
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 19:10:00 -
[27]
Originally by: UnholyDemon Edited by: UnholyDemon on 14/11/2004 19:11:35 Edited by: UnholyDemon on 14/11/2004 19:10:03 Funny. I've already taken out a few of the cruisers. It's the Soldiers (Tristans) that usually take me down. I also mine in .5 most of the time. Don't assume that I should mine in 1.0. Veld sucks anyway, I usually mine omber and Scord. Plagio every now and then.(I mine in my Thorax BTW) You don't want to contribute? I don't want to hear it.
do kill missions, more profit when you get better agent
B.A.D.B.O.Y.: Biomechanical Android Designed for Battle and Online Yelling
"Bad Boys,Bad Boys, what you gonna do, what you gonna do when WE come for yoU"
|

Bad'Boy
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 19:10:00 -
[28]
Originally by: UnholyDemon Edited by: UnholyDemon on 14/11/2004 19:11:35 Edited by: UnholyDemon on 14/11/2004 19:10:03 Funny. I've already taken out a few of the cruisers. It's the Soldiers (Tristans) that usually take me down. I also mine in .5 most of the time. Don't assume that I should mine in 1.0. Veld sucks anyway, I usually mine omber and Scord. Plagio every now and then.(I mine in my Thorax BTW) You don't want to contribute? I don't want to hear it.
do kill missions, more profit when you get better agent
B.A.D.B.O.Y.: Biomechanical Android Designed for Battle and Online Yelling
"Bad Boys,Bad Boys, what you gonna do, what you gonna do when WE come for yoU"
|

Goewyn Ravenclaw
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 23:20:00 -
[29]
Try Naga's Loot Shop for all the 'named' items. This works in game.
|

Goewyn Ravenclaw
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 23:20:00 -
[30]
Try Naga's Loot Shop for all the 'named' items. This works in game.
|

Weirda
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 23:30:00 -
[31]
Name Weirda a Frigate that you CAN'T kill in .3/.4 with... and will go out and kill in .3/.4 with it...
They all work quite well actually... even better in .1-.2 where there are more cruisers and less frigates... 
as far as best? Well - the amarr are really nice because they don't bleed ammo... Which is what you will generally be doing when killing cruisers with a frigate. 
Try a punisher. -- Thread Killer
<END TRANSMISSION> |

Weirda
|
Posted - 2004.11.14 23:30:00 -
[32]
Name Weirda a Frigate that you CAN'T kill in .3/.4 with... and will go out and kill in .3/.4 with it...
They all work quite well actually... even better in .1-.2 where there are more cruisers and less frigates... 
as far as best? Well - the amarr are really nice because they don't bleed ammo... Which is what you will generally be doing when killing cruisers with a frigate. 
Try a punisher. -- Thread Killer
<END TRANSMISSION> |

Kuggington
|
Posted - 2004.11.15 00:12:00 -
[33]
Punisher fitting
Hi: 3x Dual Light Pulse (named would be better) Med: 1x 10MN AB 1x Cap Recharger Lo: 1x Small Armor Rep 1x Cap Relay 1x Heat Sink 1x Micro Aux
Unfortunately it requires higher skills than you have (engineering 5, skill for Micro Aux), but works very well for non-missile spamming npcs.
|

Kuggington
|
Posted - 2004.11.15 00:12:00 -
[34]
Punisher fitting
Hi: 3x Dual Light Pulse (named would be better) Med: 1x 10MN AB 1x Cap Recharger Lo: 1x Small Armor Rep 1x Cap Relay 1x Heat Sink 1x Micro Aux
Unfortunately it requires higher skills than you have (engineering 5, skill for Micro Aux), but works very well for non-missile spamming npcs.
|

Dust Puppy
|
Posted - 2004.11.15 00:53:00 -
[35]
Cool sig UnholyDemon only prob it's stretches out the forums and violates the sig rules which you can find here article 18.
I had some good results with a rather unusual merlin setup. I put on an mwd 2x150mm rails and 2xstandard launchers then anything that increases my optimal and targetting range and then I just hammered away from afar. It took a while to take down a Moa but I was never in any danger. __________ Capacitor research |

Dust Puppy
|
Posted - 2004.11.15 00:53:00 -
[36]
Cool sig UnholyDemon only prob it's stretches out the forums and violates the sig rules which you can find here article 18.
I had some good results with a rather unusual merlin setup. I put on an mwd 2x150mm rails and 2xstandard launchers then anything that increases my optimal and targetting range and then I just hammered away from afar. It took a while to take down a Moa but I was never in any danger. __________ Capacitor research |

UnholyDemon
|
Posted - 2004.11.15 01:59:00 -
[37]
Sorry about that dust puppy, it is now 400 x 120. Thanks for the merlin tips, and sorry you had to change my sig.
|

UnholyDemon
|
Posted - 2004.11.15 01:59:00 -
[38]
Sorry about that dust puppy, it is now 400 x 120. Thanks for the merlin tips, and sorry you had to change my sig.
|

Yasmine de'Medici
|
Posted - 2004.11.15 02:32:00 -
[39]
Your skills would seem to benefit from an incursus, unfourtunatly you do not have the speed (mwd) required to get up close and personal. Once you can do that, you're in like flint. Until then, get a merlin, 2 125mm rail,s, 2 standard launchers. In the mids put an AB, Shield booster [small], and a shield hardner ifyou plan on getting hit....and if you're fighting serps you dont plan on getting hit by missiles. Orbit and pick the fast one off..you can replace the shield hardner with a shield extender, cap battery, or webbie....you shouldnt need the web with the range setup. In the lows you can fit some power diags. once you have some better skills you can go with a more "daring" setup...and that would be an incursus with 3 light ions (or electrons if skills dont permit the fitting of ions), mwd, webbie, cap recharger. Lows you'll want an energized (passive) kinetic hardner (or other if you're fighting other rats), and a t2 (again, your skills dont permit so work on that) small armor rep. The cruiser wont be able to touch you when you're so close. Again, you'll want some decent skills (i.e. all cap skills up to lvl 3/4 at least, navi skills up, eng skills up, mechanic skills up). What I would suggest is finding someone to go out hunting with you -- just be weary, as player pirates can kill you w/o punishment at belts and stuff, and the idiot ones get off killing n00bs for some reason (probably stems from sexual inadequacy )
Safe flying!
A lot of people prefer the Tristan for that, and you can use the same idea in the setup/tactic. Just experiment, its better than listening to fools like me =)
|

Yasmine de'Medici
|
Posted - 2004.11.15 02:32:00 -
[40]
Your skills would seem to benefit from an incursus, unfourtunatly you do not have the speed (mwd) required to get up close and personal. Once you can do that, you're in like flint. Until then, get a merlin, 2 125mm rail,s, 2 standard launchers. In the mids put an AB, Shield booster [small], and a shield hardner ifyou plan on getting hit....and if you're fighting serps you dont plan on getting hit by missiles. Orbit and pick the fast one off..you can replace the shield hardner with a shield extender, cap battery, or webbie....you shouldnt need the web with the range setup. In the lows you can fit some power diags. once you have some better skills you can go with a more "daring" setup...and that would be an incursus with 3 light ions (or electrons if skills dont permit the fitting of ions), mwd, webbie, cap recharger. Lows you'll want an energized (passive) kinetic hardner (or other if you're fighting other rats), and a t2 (again, your skills dont permit so work on that) small armor rep. The cruiser wont be able to touch you when you're so close. Again, you'll want some decent skills (i.e. all cap skills up to lvl 3/4 at least, navi skills up, eng skills up, mechanic skills up). What I would suggest is finding someone to go out hunting with you -- just be weary, as player pirates can kill you w/o punishment at belts and stuff, and the idiot ones get off killing n00bs for some reason (probably stems from sexual inadequacy )
Safe flying!
A lot of people prefer the Tristan for that, and you can use the same idea in the setup/tactic. Just experiment, its better than listening to fools like me =)
|

Nicodemous
|
Posted - 2004.11.15 04:56:00 -
[41]
Originally by: Apollo Balthar
Originally by: Nicodemous I'd also suggest a Kestrel.. I've killed 50k rats in one fairly effectively at range (about 30k or so) - just keep the shield booster and AB's doing what they're supposed to.
Kestrel 4x Limos Standards (better if available) 1x Small Shield Booster 2x 1mn Afterburners anything you want in the lows - I'm fond of cap relays.
hmm, have you seen the 10% shield penalty on cap relays ? Id never use shield as defense while using CPR's. train energy management up to 3-4 and fit power reactor managers in your lows.
I do have Energy management at 4, actually.. and the penalty on the CPR's doesn't make a whit of difference because with the increased recharge from the CPR's I can run both of the AB's and a shield booster indefinitely. The reason I use shield as a defense is because I'm at range - the strongest point of a Kestrel. If something gets into my armor, I've done something wrong, and it's time to warp out and reassess the situation.
|

Nicodemous
|
Posted - 2004.11.15 04:56:00 -
[42]
Originally by: Apollo Balthar
Originally by: Nicodemous I'd also suggest a Kestrel.. I've killed 50k rats in one fairly effectively at range (about 30k or so) - just keep the shield booster and AB's doing what they're supposed to.
Kestrel 4x Limos Standards (better if available) 1x Small Shield Booster 2x 1mn Afterburners anything you want in the lows - I'm fond of cap relays.
hmm, have you seen the 10% shield penalty on cap relays ? Id never use shield as defense while using CPR's. train energy management up to 3-4 and fit power reactor managers in your lows.
I do have Energy management at 4, actually.. and the penalty on the CPR's doesn't make a whit of difference because with the increased recharge from the CPR's I can run both of the AB's and a shield booster indefinitely. The reason I use shield as a defense is because I'm at range - the strongest point of a Kestrel. If something gets into my armor, I've done something wrong, and it's time to warp out and reassess the situation.
|

alphawolf2929
|
Posted - 2004.11.15 05:02:00 -
[43]
kestrel+mwd= pwn depreds
|

alphawolf2929
|
Posted - 2004.11.15 05:02:00 -
[44]
kestrel+mwd= pwn depreds
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |