| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Poetic Stanziel
Autocannons Anonymous Late Night Alliance
929
|
Posted - 2012.06.23 00:41:00 -
[1] - Quote
from http://poeticstanziel.blogspot.ca/2012/06/faction-warfare-ranks.html
As far as I can tell, I gain a new rank when some mysterious set of requirements have been met. I've already gained two ranks in my, thus far, short career with the Minmatar militia.
The only benefit of gaining rank goes to the enemy. The higher your rank, the more LP they get when they blow you up. Of course, this works in your favour if you can blow up high ranking enemy militia. Except, I don't know of anyone who targets the enemy based on rank. Probably because there is no quick, unintrusive way to determine rank during the heat of battle. (Bringing up the character show info window in the heat of battle is neither quick or unintrusive.)
This blog post isn't to suggest that there be a quick way to determine rank. We certainly don't need a rank column in the overview. We have more than enough columns to deal with as it is. That, and who cares. The rank adjustment to the LP reward likely isn't all that high anyhow. (Perhaps this requires some testing. Take two pilots of greatly differing rank, flying identical ships, what is the LP reward for killing each of them?)
What I am going to suggest is that rank have some added utility beyond being an LP reward multiplier to the people that kill you.
What if rank gave fleet bonuses to those in fleet, wing and squad command positions? The kicker? Without requiring any leadership skills. Granted, the bonuses should be small, and reserved to the upper half of the rank hierarchy. These rank bonuses would further act as a multiplier to any leadership skill bonuses a character may also possess.
I'm not sure how long it takes currently to achieve the highest faction warfare rank (the Gallente Luminaire General or the Amarr Divine Commodore, as two examples), but I'm figuring it should take approximately 2 years of faction warfare involvement to reach maximum rank.
Another possibility is to give LP store discounts to the lower half of the rank hierarchy. Again, the bonuses should be small, maybe topping out at a 3% discount (which is on top of what ever other warzone discounts the militia as a whole receives.)
Rank should have its privileges.
Thoughts on the idea? It's obviously not fully fleshed out, but hopefully it will generate some further discussion and an evolution of ideas related to faction warfare rank. The STAIN Travel Bookmark Collection - 451 Bookmarks |

Herr Hammer Draken
Imperial Academy Amarr Empire
35
|
Posted - 2012.06.23 00:45:00 -
[2] - Quote
Are you sure this is not something CP is already working on for a future release of inferno. Inferno is not fully rolled out yet. |

dethleffs
Immortalis Inc. Shadow Cartel
46
|
Posted - 2012.06.23 01:24:00 -
[3] - Quote
I'm quite sure Crime and Punishment isn't working on anything . Just same old crap going on there. |

Holy One
Habitual Euthanasia Pandemic Legion
203
|
Posted - 2012.06.23 01:26:00 -
[4] - Quote
When CCP release Incarna a year ago, the NPC's in stations will salute you. 
|

Poetic Stanziel
Autocannons Anonymous Late Night Alliance
929
|
Posted - 2012.06.23 01:26:00 -
[5] - Quote
Herr Hammer Draken wrote:Are you sure this is not something CP is already working on for a future release of inferno. Inferno is not fully rolled out yet. If CCP hasn't announced it, assume they are not working on it. If they are working on it, but haven't announced, then kudos to them. If they aren't working on it, perhaps the idea has some merit that deserves further exploration; maybe it will attract their attention as a worthy feature.
The STAIN Travel Bookmark Collection - 451 Bookmarks |

dethleffs
Immortalis Inc. Shadow Cartel
46
|
Posted - 2012.06.23 01:29:00 -
[6] - Quote
And the funny thing is: I didn't even know I was posting a poetic stanziel thread - because I blocked him! Well, good luck all, I'll just stop trolling and let you guys discuss whatever this thread is about.
lol, poetic stanziel.. haha |

ACE McFACE
24th Imperial Crusade Amarr Empire
707
|
Posted - 2012.06.23 01:29:00 -
[7] - Quote
Normally I just say stop posting your blog, but you have a good point with this one I just gotta go fast! |

Kuehnelt
Devoid Privateering
89
|
Posted - 2012.06.23 02:28:00 -
[8] - Quote
http://imgur.com/nXRzl |

Poetic Stanziel
Autocannons Anonymous Late Night Alliance
929
|
Posted - 2012.06.23 15:33:00 -
[9] - Quote
Kuehnelt wrote:http://imgur.com/nXRzl That is a ridiculous number of promotions in such a short chain of activity.
I would like to see Rank based off many factors. Enemy kills. Plexing, both offensive and defensive (LP rewarded in this regard.) As well as missioning. Rank should revolve around every aspect of the FW lifestyle, not simply a single easily-soloable aspect. (Currently rank is a factor of only your faction standing.) The STAIN Travel Bookmark Collection - 451 Bookmarks |

Weaselior
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
3736
|
Posted - 2012.06.23 15:44:00 -
[10] - Quote
What is the formula for lp you get for killing a person of higher rank? I've never heard of this, is it documented anywhere? |

Poetic Stanziel
Autocannons Anonymous Late Night Alliance
929
|
Posted - 2012.06.23 15:46:00 -
[11] - Quote
Weaselior wrote:What is the formula for lp you get for killing a person of higher rank? I've never heard of this, is it documented anywhere? [Total given LP value] = [Ship hull] x [Ship tech level] x [Pilot FW rank] The STAIN Travel Bookmark Collection - 451 Bookmarks |

Pisov viet
Kaesong Kosmonauts Test Alliance Please Ignore
63
|
Posted - 2012.06.23 15:49:00 -
[12] - Quote
Quote:As far as I can tell, I gain a new rank when some mysterious set of requirements have been met Hmmm, I wonder I gained a rank in caldari militia when I hit 1.01 standing with their FW corp. I gained a rank in minmatar militia when I hit 1.02 standing with their FW corp. I gained another rank in minmatar militia when I hit 2.00 standing with their FW corp.
Well nevermind, my data collection is too small to draw any conclusion. |

Elessa Enaka
State War Academy Caldari State
91
|
Posted - 2012.06.23 15:50:00 -
[13] - Quote
Poetic Stanziel wrote:Weaselior wrote:What is the formula for lp you get for killing a person of higher rank? I've never heard of this, is it documented anywhere? [Total given LP value] = [Ship hull] x [Ship tech level] x [Pilot FW rank]
Good job, give the goon more info so he can figure out another way to **** the system. Devour to survive, so it is, so it's always been Eve is a great game if you can get past all of the asshats.... |

Poetic Stanziel
Autocannons Anonymous Late Night Alliance
929
|
Posted - 2012.06.23 15:51:00 -
[14] - Quote
Pisov viet wrote:Quote:As far as I can tell, I gain a new rank when some mysterious set of requirements have been met Hmmm, I wonder I gained a rank in caldari militia when I hit 1.01 standing with their FW corp. I gained a rank in minmatar militia when I hit 1.02 standing with their FW corp. I gained another rank in minmatar militia when I hit 2.00 standing with their FW corp. Well nevermind, my data collection is too small to draw any conclusion. Yeah yeah. That's not the point of the post.
Not too mention, rank based on faction standing alone? Silly.
The STAIN Travel Bookmark Collection - 451 Bookmarks |

ElQuirko
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
772
|
Posted - 2012.06.23 16:22:00 -
[15] - Quote
The only people who kill by rank in reality are terrorists, politicians, assassins and snipers. Are you any of those? If not, you are a frontline grunt in FW, and therefore kill by who is a big enough threat to you. Man up and accept that rank means nothing. CISPA - Readin' your secret corptheft mails since 2012 |

Weaselior
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
3737
|
Posted - 2012.06.23 16:28:00 -
[16] - Quote
Poetic Stanziel wrote:Weaselior wrote:What is the formula for lp you get for killing a person of higher rank? I've never heard of this, is it documented anywhere? [Total given LP value] = [Ship hull] x [Ship tech level] x [Pilot FW rank] Wouldn't this have been axed in inferno for the new system? |

Poetic Stanziel
Autocannons Anonymous Late Night Alliance
929
|
Posted - 2012.06.23 16:55:00 -
[17] - Quote
Weaselior wrote:Poetic Stanziel wrote:Weaselior wrote:What is the formula for lp you get for killing a person of higher rank? I've never heard of this, is it documented anywhere? [Total given LP value] = [Ship hull] x [Ship tech level] x [Pilot FW rank] Wouldn't this have been axed in inferno for the new system? Maybe. But if I post an older out-of-date formula, maybe a dev pops by to post the updated formula. Or soon to be up-updated formula (you know, because of Goon ingenuity.)
The STAIN Travel Bookmark Collection - 451 Bookmarks |

Weaselior
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
3738
|
Posted - 2012.06.23 17:35:00 -
[18] - Quote
yeah I suspect that got entirely axed but if it didn't, I've got a new way to profitably blow up freighters of my own crap :v: |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |