| Pages: 1 2 3 [4] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

LadyLick
|
Posted - 2010.06.21 19:28:00 -
[91]
OK, so i am "the wife" for all those who care. the point of this was not the color PINK. it was a thought about personally being able to customize your ship. give it a little of you. even old air force pilots were able to put pinups on there planes. the point is guy or girl that we could make our ship a little more for you and not so much all the same. as for the idiots telling me to stick to other games that colors are available, i happin to like this game and it gives me and my husband some time to play together. P.S. for the idiot saying pink ship in space doesn't belong, neither does camo. there are no trees in space tard!
|

Pennwisedom
Gallente Sublime.
|
Posted - 2010.06.21 19:33:00 -
[92]
Originally by: LadyLick OK, so i am "the wife" for all those who care. the point of this was not the color PINK. it was a thought about personally being able to customize your ship. give it a little of you. even old air force pilots were able to put pinups on there planes. the point is guy or girl that we could make our ship a little more for you and not so much all the same. as for the idiots telling me to stick to other games that colors are available, i happin to like this game and it gives me and my husband some time to play together. P.S. for the idiot saying pink ship in space doesn't belong, neither does camo. there are no trees in space tard!
It would be cool for about five seconds before you realized that every other ship was a group of the most clashing or disgusting colors you can find. Now, I don't know about you, but I hardly want to see pea green and electric purple ships all day.
|

Syn Callibri
Minmatar Blacklight Incorporated
|
Posted - 2010.06.21 20:09:00 -
[93]
"Rust doesn't come in pink."...just sayin'. 
(The views expressed may not be those of Blacklight Inc.) |

John Godsmack
StarCom Battle Tech
|
Posted - 2010.06.21 20:23:00 -
[94]
For everybody that thinks ships in space should be black/grey/green/navy blue - watch a few episodes of Cowboy Bebop - when I started playing this game I thouth that this game would be something like this - flying in space in YOUR OWN ship. And for people that think "PINK SHIPS EVERYWHERE" jeez - an option to turn of the color schemes, or maby better - some parts of the color spectrum? Just make the price to paint a ship something like twice its value - and it should take a few RL days to actually paint it - everyone would think 20 times before aplying a color. Its really that simple.
|

Pennwisedom
Gallente Sublime.
|
Posted - 2010.06.21 20:31:00 -
[95]
You might have had a good hint it wouldn't be like that when you realized that CCP wasn't Japanese, nor was it a bunch of 14 year old kids who spend too much time in the basement.
|

Marchocias
Silent Ninja's
|
Posted - 2010.06.21 20:54:00 -
[96]
Originally by: Cailais Actually there is some thoughts that as infants girls can see further into the infra red spectrum than men, and men can see further towards the ultra violet spectrum - hence the colour bias of pink for girls and blue for boys.
Surely then this blue/pink bias would affect all human cultures from their start, rather than being a western concept that has emerged gradually over the last century.
---- I belong to Silent Ninja (Hopefully that should cover it). |

John Godsmack
StarCom Battle Tech
|
Posted - 2010.06.21 21:09:00 -
[97]
I have another idea! Maby going a step further and creating another possible profession - ship tuner (and yes - Im serious). Skills allowing to: -change a given color in a scheme from 5% on level 1 to 100% on level 5 -get access to different schemes maby 2 per level -allow metalized/pearlescent colors to be aplied - from matt on level 1 to chrome/pearls on level 5 Make the skills with a rank of 5 or more - so that not everybody could do it - it would make these "tuners" worth of seeking - instead of skilling for 2-3 months let someone else do the job. Make blueprints for schemes, and the materials crazy expensive - even PI could be used for this - I think adding a few more recourses should not be a problem for the skilled team at CCP (butt-kissing in progress). Any comments?
|

Lost Greybeard
|
Posted - 2010.06.21 21:41:00 -
[98]
Actually, given that I fly extremely ugly ships (gallente covops, gallente droneships) I would really enjoy being able to push them from boring and ugly to hilarious and ugly by doing neon green and pink pinstripes or something.
I don't know if it would attract women, but it'd hold my attention for a bit longer.
Would allow you to color-code your gang, too, which would be pretty funny.
|

Esiel
Renegade Serenity
|
Posted - 2010.06.21 21:42:00 -
[99]
Originally by: Cors Edited by: Cors on 21/06/2010 02:23:20
So.. think about this for a moment.
What would you think, if you saw a Pink US Aircraft carrier? You think the sailors on that ship would want to be a pink ship?
How about a Pink AH-64 Apache? Or a Pink tank? How about a Pink Barrent 50 Cal Sniper rifle?
There's a reason why military weapons/craft tend to be in blacks, and greys, and golds, and silvers.
Pink isn't menacing. Though I'm sure people would run from a Pink Aeon.
OK thought about it and realized that Merc's would wear pink bikini tops if their employer paid them well enough. We are not the military we are eccentric billionaires that go around shooting each other for the fun of it.
CCP should work on ways to get customization for peoples ships. It makes the game more yours and less theirs.
...
Beat the dead horse |

Ex Ignis
|
Posted - 2010.06.21 21:50:00 -
[100]
Not having customization in this game is the biggest weakness it has. The fact your ship can get shot does not mean customization is not necessary. Because it is a space game does not mean customization is not necessary. This goes beyond appealing to girls, guys like to customize stuff too.
EVE is a self-proclaimed role-playing game - if I do not have the level of tools necessary to play the role I want, then I might look elsewhere. The game needs to evolve beyond excel spreadsheets fighting, it needs a deeper level of customization.
|

Lucia Warbler
Infinite Frontiers
|
Posted - 2010.06.21 21:58:00 -
[101]
I wouldn't mind a customizable hull for all ships, not just T3 ships, and colouring ships has probably been asked for as long as Eve has existed. I suppose it is naught to ask for these things as no one really likes new features, right?
|

Cipher Jones
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2010.06.21 22:51:00 -
[102]
Quote: Sexist? No, that was not that sexist. It was more of a stereotype. You're picking the wrong place to get into an argument with a bunch of geeks, most of whom can see how the world is changing in favor to women. A lot of players see Eve as a place to be away from the dominating marketing to females in gaming now, and a place to be geeks. Of course money changes that, if they want more female players I don't mind it. But before you start a troll war, pick your words wisely.
It was neither sexist nor sterotype, it was a generalization. Generalizations can be true and I would go so far as to say this one is right on the money. If you would like to make a case as to why it is incorrect I would love to hear it. This is clearly a signature. |

Ris Dnalor
Minmatar Fleet of Doom
|
Posted - 2010.06.22 04:38:00 -
[103]
Edited by: Ris Dnalor on 22/06/2010 04:40:45
Phobos is pink... & Gallente
|

Kharylien
Gallente Masked Rider Project
|
Posted - 2010.06.22 05:09:00 -
[104]
Walking in stations isn't just going to bring more women to the game.
I'm a woman. I don't care about walking in stations - I will be actively annoyed if walking in stations is actually *required* in order to get stuff done. If I wanted to walk around, I'd be playing a game where that happens. I play EVE because I want to fly around in spaceships. I seriously do not understand the appeal of walking around in a SPACESHIP GAME.
In stark contrast to my attitude, my male housemate doesn't want to play EVE until he *can* walk around in stations, because not being able to do so breaks immersion too much for him. Incarna may well be the final bludgeon I need to get him to play EVE with me.
On the original topic, though - I would *love* to be able to repaint my ships. Mine would be indigo with electric blue running lights. I would pay isk for this.
|

Mercurye
Nubian Sundance
|
Posted - 2010.06.22 06:11:00 -
[105]
Originally by: Kharylien Walking in stations isn't just going to bring more women to the game.
I'm a woman. I don't care about walking in stations - I will be actively annoyed if walking in stations is actually *required* in order to get stuff done. If I wanted to walk around, I'd be playing a game where that happens. I play EVE because I want to fly around in spaceships. I seriously do not understand the appeal of walking around in a SPACESHIP GAME.
In stark contrast to my attitude, my male housemate doesn't want to play EVE until he *can* walk around in stations, because not being able to do so breaks immersion too much for him. Incarna may well be the final bludgeon I need to get him to play EVE with me.
On the original topic, though - I would *love* to be able to repaint my ships. Mine would be indigo with electric blue running lights. I would pay isk for this.
Good post Kharylien
PS: Indigo, nice colour but not really considered a girly/femme colour. If there is anything ..men arent just blue and women arent just pink, we are all shades (Wooohoo, that sounds almost like the introduction to an Evil Kitty Online thriller hey?:P) ~~~~~~~~~~Sade~~~~~~~~~~ *I'm a Soldier of Love, all the days in my life* |

muktar paneer
Minmatar MercTek Industries
|
Posted - 2010.06.22 06:54:00 -
[106]
Originally by: Cors Edited by: Cors on 21/06/2010 02:23:20
So.. think about this for a moment.
What would you think, if you saw a Pink US Aircraft carrier? You think the sailors on that ship would want to be a pink ship?
How about a Pink AH-64 Apache? Or a Pink tank? How about a Pink Barrent 50 Cal Sniper rifle?
There's a reason why military weapons/craft tend to be in blacks, and greys, and golds, and silvers.
ahem: http://www.eliteukforces.info/gallery/vehicles/sas-pink-panther-land-rover.php
|

TheBlueMonkey
Gallente Priory Of The Lemon Atlas Alliance
|
Posted - 2010.06.22 07:26:00 -
[107]
Originally by: Ori Blake
Originally by: TheBlueMonkey Edited by: TheBlueMonkey on 21/06/2010 11:45:18
Originally by: Cipher Jones
Other games have entirely female based clans/guilds, I remember Half Life even had the first "Girl Power" server.
You're right, there are no entirely female based corps in eve

/me waits for a hellcats reply
edit: There's also enough lag already withough having to add all the extra information about ship colour etc zipping about all over the place.
Unless of course you only want it on the client side which makes it entirely pointless and probably an idication that you should be playing sommin else.
You'll be waiting a long time. They have all of 14 members counting alts.
I'm not a fan of the trend to "girl gaming." I honestly don't care whether or not women play a particular game or not. The only one who does really is CCP, so they can tap a new market of subs. The cynic in me thinks this is why we have EvE gate and PI instead of PvP updates or bug fixes.
really? I thought they were doing better than that, oh well. Maybe it's because basing a corp on a specific gender\race\religion is fundamentally a stupid idea and most likely doomed to failure.
I donno, find people you like to fly with and do the same things that you find fun and it'll be win win.
Cynicism is fine and I'm about as bad as it gets. wait till they go all out and start trying to catch the causal gamer with the wii mote and all that jazz... that'll be awesome ¼¼
oh and I class the wii as a more hardcore gaming everything than wow just fyi --
Nothing is worthless, you may have gotten it for free but it still has an inherent value
|

John Godsmack
StarCom Battle Tech
|
Posted - 2010.06.22 09:50:00 -
[108]
Edited by: John Godsmack on 22/06/2010 09:56:07
Originally by: Kharylien I seriously do not understand the appeal of walking around in a SPACESHIP GAME.
EVE is a "space simulator" game, and CCP stated that MANY times - they want that the game has something for evereybody - a SCI-FI dream! Yes - a spaceship game, but hopefully not for long! Maby in 20 years everyone could get in their spaceship - then go to the cargo hold, choose a weapon from a rack, than parachute in a pod onto the surface of a planet and then ride a lizard! Whatever - i just hope someday will have ABSOLUTE freedom.
|

Cathy Drall
Royal Amarr Institute
|
Posted - 2010.06.22 10:40:00 -
[109]
Originally by: Cipher Jones Put in a Hot Topic for your avatar when you release Incarna and you will see an increase in female subscriptions. That sounds like a joke but it is not. Other games have entirely female based clans/guilds, I remember Half Life even had the first "Girl Power" server.
I think so too :)
EVE is just so .. unpersonal and has so little options for social interaction, I'd LOVE to see incarna being released (will probably in 2017 or so) so you can actually percome a person and not a ship with an avatar. The option to add a personal touch is important. Even if it's not adding to your "stats". Look at guildwars - where people go through great lenghts just to get good looking "vanity" items that don't add anything to your stats. It should tell you (and the devs) something.
|

Rohnda
|
Posted - 2010.06.22 11:39:00 -
[110]
Hasent this topic been discussed alot before and shut down by CCP for one good reason, Servers wont handle it!?
Now please let this thread die, atleast until the servers can handle the fleet battles ccp want it to be able to handle.
|

Gordon Fell
|
Posted - 2010.06.22 12:03:00 -
[111]
Originally by: John Godsmack Edited by: John Godsmack on 22/06/2010 09:56:07
Originally by: Kharylien I seriously do not understand the appeal of walking around in a SPACESHIP GAME.
EVE is a "space simulator" game, and CCP stated that MANY times - they want that the game has something for evereybody - a SCI-FI dream! Yes - a spaceship game, but hopefully not for long! Maby in 20 years everyone could get in their spaceship - then go to the cargo hold, choose a weapon from a rack, than parachute in a pod onto the surface of a planet and then ride a lizard! Whatever - i just hope someday will have ABSOLUTE freedom.
EVE will be the first version of the Matrix. Heard here for the first time.
|

Illwill Bill
House of Tempers
|
Posted - 2010.06.22 12:20:00 -
[112]
Originally by: Gordon Fell
EVE will be the first version of the Matrix. Heard here for the first time.
Originally by: Agent Smith
You know, the original Matrix was designed to be a full 32-bit world were no one suffered, and had full AGP 4x support.
Performance was a disaster, entire frames were lost.
So we created this one, where everything is rendered at 22-bit internally, and then undergoes a dithering process so that the image quality is terrible but the frame rates are good.
A veritable nightmare that your primitive cerebrums keep trying to wake up from.
Cookie to anyone that gets the reference. 
|

NeoTheo
Dark Materials Mortal Destruction
|
Posted - 2010.06.22 12:52:00 -
[113]
this might all be come a fairly null point if incarna ever comes out?
|

1Ekrid1
|
Posted - 2010.06.23 00:38:00 -
[114]
Originally by: Pennwisedom
Originally by: LadyLick OK, so i am "the wife" for all those who care. the point of this was not the color PINK. it was a thought about personally being able to customize your ship. give it a little of you. even old air force pilots were able to put pinups on there planes. the point is guy or girl that we could make our ship a little more for you and not so much all the same. as for the idiots telling me to stick to other games that colors are available, i happin to like this game and it gives me and my husband some time to play together. P.S. for the idiot saying pink ship in space doesn't belong, neither does camo. there are no trees in space tard!
It would be cool for about five seconds before you realized that every other ship was a group of the most clashing or disgusting colors you can find. Now, I don't know about you, but I hardly want to see pea green and electric purple ships all day.
I used to play armored core, a console game that involved fully customizable parts and colors for those parts.
Online, you see this trend; 10% choose black and/or red. usually the darker the better. emo kids or ppl who think it makes them super cool and fight better. 30% choose whatever color the game gives them, they dont care. 60% choose the most annoying and garish clashing colors, like barf yellow on lime green with hot pink outline, or any other combo of similar.
If eeryone wants it to be Barfships Online, well then, fully customizable colors all the way. Additionally, the more custom colors, the more lag and bandwidth consumed.
Originally by: LadyLick OK, so i am "the wife" for all those who care. the point of this was not the color PINK. it was a thought about personally being able to customize your ship. give it a little of you. even old air force pilots were able to put pinups on there planes. the point is guy or girl that we could make our ship a little more for you and not so much all the same. as for the idiots telling me to stick to other games that colors are available, i happin to like this game and it gives me and my husband some time to play together. P.S. for the idiot saying pink ship in space doesn't belong, neither does camo. there are no trees in space tard!
I knew it was a troll thread. 1. No woman would ever make their own character name LadyLick. 2. Air force pirates might be able to put pinups, but never change the color to anything but the standard reg.
Total troll thread, so I give it 10/10 for having gone 4 successful pages, and particularly getting mods involved. There's 1, repeat 1, frigate in the T1 lineup designed to be a suicide tackler. the rest are for COMBAT. so don't tell me to tackle when I'm in a combat T1 frig. OR tell CCP to fix their mess. |

Cipher Jones
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2010.06.23 00:46:00 -
[115]
Edited by: Cipher Jones on 23/06/2010 00:46:48
Originally by: 1Ekrid1
Originally by: Pennwisedom
Originally by: LadyLick OK, so i am "the wife" for all those who care. the point of this was not the color PINK. it was a thought about personally being able to customize your ship. give it a little of you. even old air force pilots were able to put pinups on there planes. the point is guy or girl that we could make our ship a little more for you and not so much all the same. as for the idiots telling me to stick to other games that colors are available, i happin to like this game and it gives me and my husband some time to play together. P.S. for the idiot saying pink ship in space doesn't belong, neither does camo. there are no trees in space tard!
It would be cool for about five seconds before you realized that every other ship was a group of the most clashing or disgusting colors you can find. Now, I don't know about you, but I hardly want to see pea green and electric purple ships all day.
I used to play armored core, a console game that involved fully customizable parts and colors for those parts.
Online, you see this trend; 10% choose black and/or red. usually the darker the better. emo kids or ppl who think it makes them super cool and fight better. 30% choose whatever color the game gives them, they dont care. 60% choose the most annoying and garish clashing colors, like barf yellow on lime green with hot pink outline, or any other combo of similar.
If eeryone wants it to be Barfships Online, well then, fully customizable colors all the way. Additionally, the more custom colors, the more lag and bandwidth consumed.
Originally by: LadyLick OK, so i am "the wife" for all those who care. the point of this was not the color PINK. it was a thought about personally being able to customize your ship. give it a little of you. even old air force pilots were able to put pinups on there planes. the point is guy or girl that we could make our ship a little more for you and not so much all the same. as for the idiots telling me to stick to other games that colors are available, i happin to like this game and it gives me and my husband some time to play together. P.S. for the idiot saying pink ship in space doesn't belong, neither does camo. there are no trees in space tard!
I knew it was a troll thread. 1. No woman would ever make their own character name LadyLick. 2. Air force pirates might be able to put pinups, but never change the color to anything but the standard reg.
Total troll thread, so I give it 10/10 for having gone 4 successful pages, and particularly getting mods involved.
Bet you a plex card. Will verify on a ventrilo server of your choosing.
Put up or shut up on that one bub. This is clearly a signature. |

Svarty II
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2010.06.23 00:53:00 -
[116]
Originally by: OP Put in a Hot Topic for your avatar when you release Incarna and you will see an increase in female subscriptions. That sounds like a joke but it is not. Other games have entirely female based clans/guilds, I remember Half Life even had the first "Girl Power" server.
My opinion is that Incarna is created to lure the female half of the potential subscription base. The rest of the new features are aimed at people who don't really like to be ganked. Anybody would think CCP are trying to gain more subscribers...
|

Zargus
|
Posted - 2010.06.23 03:18:00 -
[117]
I like the idea of customization. I also agree a world of hurt upon the player who spends 2 hours getting that perfect shade of blue, or green that gets popped.
I believe to add to the thought, "ship tatoo" templates, and two tone color placement, with a couple dozen colors to choose from. And while we're at it, Corp, (and/or) Alliance logos on the ship somewhere and make it just a frill...something that you can do at no cost, and doesn't allow for all kinds of details. Too much just makes it a pain when you want to recreate it.
Let's just make it so any stations you are in, and template you saved for your ship, includes the color, and logo, just hit "fit" in your template, and blammo...you are setup again.
It's not an unreasonable request, esp in light of the customizations you are apparently going to be able to do for your avatar in Incarna...
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 [4] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |