| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Grammaticus DeVere
|
Posted - 2010.06.28 15:50:00 -
[1]
I have the following fit for my Minmatar alt for missions, but it seems to be pretty weak in terms of shield strength (I should point out this toon usually flies an active armour tank Domi drone boat so I'm not especially used to shield tanking). The alt's shield skills are mostly at 4 and so can fit t2 gear:
Fit Maelstrom
8 x 800mm Heavy Proto Siege Cannon, EMP L
100MN AB Ballistic Deflection Shield II Cap Booster L X-Large Shield Booster Tracking Comp 1 (with scripts) Invul Field II
2 x TE II 3 x Gyro II
2 x Core Defence Capacitor safeguard 1 Projectile Burst Aerator
5 x Warrior II 2 x Wasp I 2 x Valkyrie I
Missions tend to be against Serpentis or Angels - so where am I going wrong? I am tempted to get an armour tank 'Phoon instead!
|

Sonya Kranz
|
Posted - 2010.06.28 16:30:00 -
[2]
Edited by: Sonya Kranz on 28/06/2010 16:32:49 if you feel you lack in tanking area i guess you can switch the tracking comp out for another invuln field for much higher resists.
Edit: just remembered that the minmatar battleship skill is a pretty big factor here too, gotta have that at lvl 4 or 5 too
|

Belkadan
|
Posted - 2010.06.28 16:46:00 -
[3]
I actually use something similar.
You can add extra tank by dropping the AB and fitting another invuln II. The tracking comp can be dropped as well in favour of more tank (mentioned above).
My mael mids: 2x Inv II 1x Explo II 1x Tracking Comp 1x Hvy cap booster 1x XL Shield booster
With the Mael's shield boost bonus, the minni BS skill is very important (also mentioned above).
|

Nons Mom
|
Posted - 2010.06.28 21:11:00 -
[4]
My meds are the following.. 1x AB II 1x XL Shield Booster II 1x Shield Boost Amp. II 1x Invul. Field II 2x damage resists, (hardeners)
I don't use a cap booster since I use a full rack of 1400mm arties, so damage is minimal at range. My rigs are all CCC's. You may not even need a cap booster once you get to the point where you're hardly using it or fights are becoming too easy or boring.
|

Frater Sen
|
Posted - 2010.06.28 21:20:00 -
[5]
You dont need cap boosters, around 4 minutes cap with my skills (never needed), use the AB to "speed tank" *g*
Damage Control II Tracking Enhancer II Tracking Enhancer II Gyrostabilizer II Gyrostabilizer II
Invulnerability Field II Heat Dissipation Field II (rat specific) Ballistic Deflection Field II (rat spcific) Caldari Navy Large Shield Booster Shield Boost Amplifier II Republic Fleet 100MN Afterburner
1200mm Heavy 'Scout' Artillery I, Fusion L 1200mm Heavy 'Scout' Artillery I, Fusion L 1200mm Heavy 'Scout' Artillery I, Fusion L 1200mm Heavy 'Scout' Artillery I, Fusion L 1200mm Heavy 'Scout' Artillery I, Fusion L 1200mm Heavy 'Scout' Artillery I, Fusion L 1200mm Heavy 'Scout' Artillery I, Fusion L 1200mm Heavy 'Scout' Artillery I, Fusion L
Large Semiconductor Memory Cell I Large Capacitor Control Circuit I Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
A lot of drones....
|

Sven Hammerstorm
|
Posted - 2010.06.29 01:15:00 -
[6]
I tried a setup similar to yours with t1 named autocannons, didnt really work out well and went back to 1200mm arties. After getting t2 ac's I've never looked back. Also, using mission specific hardeners help.
|

Devil tiger
|
Posted - 2010.06.29 12:06:00 -
[7]
Don't forget to train those t2 drones while at it.
There's nothing more frustrating than a ton of neuting/webbing/scrambling frigs/drones orbiting at 3000m and all you can do is watch your cap and tank being drained away because you only have 1400mm arties, crappy t1 drones and mwd/ab speeding you a whopping 200m/s... 
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |