| Pages: 1 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

osldgoth
|
Posted - 2010.07.01 11:05:00 -
[1]
Back story: I sent a petition explaining that after using the Jump bridge network available to my alliance, the selected items box no longer updates. Example: Stargates on the other side of a system 12AU away will continue to display 12AU even after warping to 0m. Docking then undocking at a station fixes the problem. I received a response suggesting I clear the game cache and settings. Clearing cache before jumping doesn't do anything, there is no point in clearing the cache after jumping if docking fixes it. I then made a suggestion that the game should automatically clear some of the cache when the player quits the game. I got a response to the asking me to make the suggestion here.
So, the game should clear some of the cache when the player quits or logs off. I say some because I don't know of what the cache consists. It appears character pictures are in the cache because those are gone when I clear the cache. The pictures and I'm sure some other cache files don't need to be cleared, while others should be clear frequently to help keep the game from breaking. I am going to try a fresh install of the game to see if maybe that fixes the problems.
Discuss>>
|

darius mclever
|
Posted - 2010.07.01 11:39:00 -
[2]
you want to report it as a bug, they already fixed bugs with overview updating in the tyrannis 1.0.2 patch.
|

osldgoth
|
Posted - 2010.07.01 22:07:00 -
[3]
Don't discuss the possible bug or what I should do about it. Discuss the idea/suggestion that came from the possible bug.
|

darius mclever
|
Posted - 2010.07.01 22:09:00 -
[4]
Originally by: osldgoth Don't discuss the possible bug or what I should do about it. Discuss the idea/suggestion that came from the possible bug.
uselessly cleaning the cache slows down your game. why should we discuss a workaround instead of fixing the real issue?
|

osldgoth
|
Posted - 2010.07.02 13:11:00 -
[5]
Originally by: darius mclever uselessly cleaning the cache slows down your game.
Please explain how. I am only talking about clearing a portian of all the cache files only when you exit the game. If anything the game shouldn't take more than 10 - 30 seconds longer when exiting to delete a few files.
Originally by: darius mclever why should we discuss a workaround instead of fixing the real issue?
Even though this is true, if you disreguard the problem I mentioned and consider other possible problems that could mess up the cache, which may not have anything to do with the actual game code, then this suggestion has some value, however small it might be.
Also keep in mind that I only made this suggestion because one the GM's who read my petition suggested it.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 :: [one page] |