| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 2 post(s) |

DEFIER ORILIS
|
Posted - 2011.01.20 00:31:00 -
[1]
Hey guys,
Since the update on Incursion on 1/18, while EVE being open, using Alt-Tab or else, My Windows desktop goes dimmed/dark. I got to change the resolution and revert back to be able to see my desktop with normal screen light.
Any of you is having this issue?
Thx, DEFIER.
|

Sir Rush
Caldari Sirrush Holdings And Industries Inc.
|
Posted - 2011.01.20 00:42:00 -
[2]
Fairly certain that several people including myself reporting this on Sisi, it was attached to a defect, but I guess nothing happened.
It's quite annoying.
|

Aessoroz
Nohbdy.
|
Posted - 2011.01.20 00:45:00 -
[3]
Edited by: Aessoroz on 20/01/2011 00:46:07 I only experience this when using the 32 bit color with alpha option. But it seems the color mode settings were removed entirely.
|

RogueSniper1
|
Posted - 2011.01.20 00:51:00 -
[4]
Same happens here. Happened on the SiSi server as well. Not like it'll kill us if its not fixed but it'd be awesome if it was because I know there's a lot of players that have/like to alt-tab and dimmed desktops are just hard to read.
Found CtrlAltDel then canceling (in Win7 Pro 64bit) restores the desktop brightness until I go back in and alt-tab out again.
|

Taak Coram
Gallente Outdated Host Productions
|
Posted - 2011.01.20 00:54:00 -
[5]
I get the same thing here. Thought it was my monitor at first, but a quick ctrl-alt-delete got it working again. Not a huge deal.
|

Azaris Rubernis
|
Posted - 2011.01.20 01:10:00 -
[6]
Same problem here. :( And it's quite annoying when I do my new portraits, cause I need to alt-tab whole the time so see old portraits, and this makes the things harder.
|
|

CCP Fallout

|
Posted - 2011.01.20 01:12:00 -
[7]
The fix is to update your drivers. If you are and ATI user, this will help: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/downloads.aspx
Fallout Associate Community Manager CCP Hf, EVE Online Contact us |
|

Serpent Kamri
|
Posted - 2011.01.20 01:14:00 -
[8]
Either change the desktop theme to Windows 7 Basic or Download AMD Catalyst 10.12 at http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/downloads.aspx
|

Terianna Eri
Senex Legio Get Off My Lawn
|
Posted - 2011.01.20 01:55:00 -
[9]
Originally by: CCP Fallout The fix is to update your drivers. If you are and ATI user, this will help: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/downloads.aspx
I have current drivers and have gone to that site and run the relevant applications. First time I tried alt-tabbing out of EVE I crashed and lost all of my settings and bookmark folders. Second time, the problem has persisted.
I am running 32-bit windows 7 on a thinkpad W500 using a (not impressive) ATI mobility FireGL V5700 ________________
Originally by: CCP Incognito PS the "time to P*nis" is the shortest time recorded in human history. :)
|

Abelard Nightbringer
New Foundation
|
Posted - 2011.01.20 01:59:00 -
[10]
right click - run eve as administrator. Its worked for some
|
|

CCP Fallout

|
Posted - 2011.01.20 02:01:00 -
[11]
Originally by: Terianna Eri
Originally by: CCP Fallout The fix is to update your drivers. If you are and ATI user, this will help: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/downloads.aspx
I have current drivers and have gone to that site and run the relevant applications. First time I tried alt-tabbing out of EVE I crashed and lost all of my settings and bookmark folders. Second time, the problem has persisted.
I am running 32-bit windows 7 on a thinkpad W500 using a (not impressive) ATI mobility FireGL V5700
Please file a technical petition, and include your specs and Dxdiag log.
Fallout Associate Community Manager CCP Hf, EVE Online Contact us |
|

Terianna Eri
Senex Legio Get Off My Lawn
|
Posted - 2011.01.20 02:22:00 -
[12]
Originally by: CCP Fallout
Originally by: Terianna Eri
Originally by: CCP Fallout The fix is to update your drivers. If you are and ATI user, this will help: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/downloads.aspx
I have current drivers and have gone to that site and run the relevant applications. First time I tried alt-tabbing out of EVE I crashed and lost all of my settings and bookmark folders. Second time, the problem has persisted.
I am running 32-bit windows 7 on a thinkpad W500 using a (not impressive) ATI mobility FireGL V5700
Please file a technical petition, and include your specs and Dxdiag log.
okay, thanks :) where can I find this log?  ________________
Originally by: CCP Incognito PS the "time to P*nis" is the shortest time recorded in human history. :)
|

Yuki Kulotsuki
|
Posted - 2011.01.20 02:26:00 -
[13]
Linkage
Originally by: CCP Lemur THIS IS GOD: ... IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE REQUESTS I'M AVAILABLE SUNDAY FROM 10:30 TO 12:00 TO RECEIVE YOUR PRAYERS.
|

DEFIER ORILIS
|
Posted - 2011.01.20 04:27:00 -
[14]
Thx guys for your replies.
As suggested I did place a tech petition with my DXDIAG info.
Hopefully, it will get fix soon as this issue was not present prior to the Incursion patch on my laptop.
Thx, DEFIER.
|

Sjach Kothar
|
Posted - 2011.01.20 21:14:00 -
[15]
Originally by: CCP Fallout The fix is to update your drivers. If you are and ATI user, this will help: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/downloads.aspx
I have done as was suggested and downloaded and installed updated drivers for my ATI 4200 Vid Card on my hp laptop and i am still having the same problem with the desktop dimming when i alt-tab and when i exit eve client, if there is any other advice you could give me to help fix this plz let me know.
|

Nakaota Auduin
|
Posted - 2011.01.21 01:33:00 -
[16]
Yes this was happening to me as well. Horribly annoying since I switch between windows quite a bit. The way I resolved this was to set Eve graphics option to "Fixed Window" instead of "Fullscreen". It's effectively the same except in "Fixed Window", you can still see EVE in the background while browsing etc, which is actually cool. Plus no dimming bug!!!
|

Eruvion
|
Posted - 2011.01.21 01:34:00 -
[17]
Edited by: Eruvion on 21/01/2011 01:35:50
Originally by: DEFIER ORILIS Thx guys for your replies.
As suggested I did place a tech petition with my DXDIAG info.
Hopefully, it will get fix soon as this issue was not present prior to the Incursion patch on my laptop.
Thx, DEFIER.
I created a thread earlier on the same issue as you describe, link
This has worked for me:
Right click on EVE icon -> properties -> compatibility tab -> put a check on Disable Desktop Composition.
Hope this works for you as it did me and another person.
Cheers!
|

Aessoroz
Nohbdy.
|
Posted - 2011.01.21 01:35:00 -
[18]
Originally by: CCP Fallout
Originally by: Terianna Eri
Originally by: CCP Fallout The fix is to update your drivers. If you are and ATI user, this will help: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/downloads.aspx
I have current drivers and have gone to that site and run the relevant applications. First time I tried alt-tabbing out of EVE I crashed and lost all of my settings and bookmark folders. Second time, the problem has persisted.
I am running 32-bit windows 7 on a thinkpad W500 using a (not impressive) ATI mobility FireGL V5700
Please file a technical petition, and include your specs and Dxdiag log.
Was the game changed from having the color mode dropdown into auto detecting it?
|

DEFIER ORILIS
|
Posted - 2011.01.21 03:41:00 -
[19]
Well, as suggested, I did try the 'Disable Windows Composition' feature but it did set my Windows theme to default Windows theme and not my custom one I had created.
I also tried the 'Fixed Window' feature of EVE menu and it seems to work fine for me now.
I guess 'Fixed Window' is great for dual screen.
Thx, DEFIER.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |