| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Darth Begro
|
Posted - 2005.01.29 17:23:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Darth Begro on 29/01/2005 17:25:12 What is the fastest ship in the game with everything installed (warpdrive, overdrive)
I heard of the interceptors, but they cant carry warpdrives, what about the stabber, he could carry one.
so wich is the fastest whip around, and how fast is that.
Ofcourse with all the skills you need.
OH and what is better for mining, Kernite or scordite?
|

Liu Kaskakka
|
Posted - 2005.01.29 17:35:00 -
[2]
Originally by: Darth Begro I heard of the interceptors, but they cant carry warpdrives
This is the reason why I don't fly a crow anymore. I've been stuck to the same station for 6 months now coz I know I would never even reach the gates.
|

Dust Puppy
|
Posted - 2005.01.29 17:42:00 -
[3]
Claw it is the fastest, lightest and has most low slots of all interceptors so if you were to put a 1mn mwd on it and fill it¦s lows with overdrives it is the fastest ship in game. __________ Capacitor research |

Arleonenis
|
Posted - 2005.01.29 17:45:00 -
[4]
liu be less sarcastic too this poor little noob... oh hell dont change it
and hmmmm was you speaking about mwd? (micro warp drive) its a must have module on all interceptors, almost all inties pilots use them so tell me how they do it if it cant fit? look at skills, and skill called engineering and whooopie at lvl 5 25% bigger power grid  
|

Hakera
|
Posted - 2005.01.29 17:45:00 -
[5]
Edited by: Hakera on 29/01/2005 17:45:24
Originally by: Dust Puppy Claw it is the fastest, lightest and has most low slots of all interceptors so if you were to put a 1mn mwd on it and fill it¦s lows with overdrives it is the fastest ship in game.
would beg to differ on the lightest part
a point I made about minmatar ceptor mass but was ignored 
Dumbledore - Eve-I.com |

Dust Puppy
|
Posted - 2005.01.29 17:47:00 -
[6]
Edited by: Dust Puppy on 29/01/2005 17:48:27
Originally by: Hakera Edited by: Hakera on 29/01/2005 17:45:24
Originally by: Dust Puppy Claw it is the fastest, lightest and has most low slots of all interceptors so if you were to put a 1mn mwd on it and fill it¦s lows with overdrives it is the fastest ship in game.
would beg to differ on the lightest part
a point I made about minmatar ceptor mass but was ignored 
Got my number from zond3 there it says that it weighs 1 000 000 kg.
Edit: Can't seem to find the information in game  __________ Capacitor research |

Mrmuttley
|
Posted - 2005.01.29 17:49:00 -
[7]
Err i flew my Crow just yesterday and teh warpdrive ( you know station to belt to stargate etc ) was working just fine. Unless you mean the MicroWarp Drive. Well im please to report that was working just fine as well as i had the ship up to 3700 m/s
No OD etc just one T2 1MN MWD
So tell me what sort of warpcrive am i missing here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hmmm I need a Sig |

Hakera
|
Posted - 2005.01.29 17:51:00 -
[8]
Edited by: Hakera on 29/01/2005 18:03:48 got my numbers from the eve client
but if you cant trust ours, try CCP's instead
looking at it the malediction is most likely the fastest by mass,speed and low slots for overdrives, but the extra 40m/s of the claw might clinch it even with that.
Dumbledore - Eve-I.com |

Dust Puppy
|
Posted - 2005.01.29 17:58:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Hakera got my numbers from the eve client
but if you cant trust ours, try CCP's instead
looking at it the malediction is most likely the fastest by mass,speed and low slots for overdrives, but the extra 45m/s of the claw might clinch it even with that.
EVE-I is trusted second only to the eve client . Zond3 has a pretty handy tool when you are comparing ships.
__________ Capacitor research |

ArcticWolf
|
Posted - 2005.01.29 18:40:00 -
[10]
well for the fastest BS, my PvP tempest has a nice 1500m/s without any overdrives and only a quad lif. im buying that 600% MWD, and getting a phoon with 7 overdrives just to see how fast i can go. wonder if i can outrun a cepter 
|

Hakera
|
Posted - 2005.01.29 18:42:00 -
[11]
Edited by: Hakera on 29/01/2005 19:59:40
Originally by: ArcticWolf well for the fastest BS, my PvP tempest has a nice 1500m/s without any overdrives and only a quad lif. im buying that 600% MWD, and getting a phoon with 7 overdrives just to see how fast i can go. wonder if i can outrun a cepter 
not by mass you wont or length of time as those 100mn mwd's chew your cap. Also your acceleration will be a lot less :) But under current conditions, the phoon should be the fastest anyway.
Dumbledore - Eve-I.com |

Minyon
|
Posted - 2005.01.29 19:19:00 -
[12]
I think the Malediction is the fastes with a useable setup not the claw like some say or the crusader with 4 over dives and a fancy named mwd + a speed imlant or 2
|

Bagdh Dearg
|
Posted - 2005.01.29 19:36:00 -
[13]
Could he be refereing to a Jump-Drive? In which case that aint possible on anything less then the Uber-Ships(Dreadnaught,Carrier,Titan) And one of those really wouldnt make you faster,simply unblockadable.
(I realise Jump-Drives arent out yet but tis the only thing which makes sense) _______________________________________________ An tÚ nach bhfuil lßidir nÝ folßir d¾ bheith glic -He who is not strong must be crafty |

ArcticWolf
|
Posted - 2005.01.29 20:18:00 -
[14]
Originally by: Hakera Edited by: Hakera on 29/01/2005 19:59:40
Originally by: ArcticWolf well for the fastest BS, my PvP tempest has a nice 1500m/s without any overdrives and only a quad lif. im buying that 600% MWD, and getting a phoon with 7 overdrives just to see how fast i can go. wonder if i can outrun a cepter 
not by mass you wont or length of time as those 100mn mwd's chew your cap. Also your acceleration will be a lot less :) But under current conditions, the phoon should be the fastest anyway.
The cap on that MWD, with my skills, will be only around 400, and i can sustain it quite easily to cover 100km.
|

Frost88
|
Posted - 2005.01.29 20:18:00 -
[15]
The fastest is either the Malediction or the Crusader.
Malediction is just 1,000,000KG, and has 435 base speed, but the Crusader has 1,025,000, is 20 m/s faster, so maybe after all the navigation bonuses it is slightly faster, and the four low slots lend themselves well to improving speed.
And 3700 m/s in a crow? Thats slow man, 4183 for me. ------------------------------------------------ I've always owned Kehmor, cheap as chips off Ebay
|

Seto Mazzarotto
|
Posted - 2005.01.29 22:53:00 -
[16]
Originally by: Liu Kaskakka
Originally by: Darth Begro I heard of the interceptors, but they cant carry warpdrives
This is the reason why I don't fly a crow anymore. I've been stuck to the same station for 6 months now coz I know I would never even reach the gates.
Dammit, coffee all over the monitor.  ----------- Fighting for the ideals of freespace, posthuman ethics, and rock & roll. |

striider
|
Posted - 2005.01.30 01:33:00 -
[17]
Only one way this can be settled ... let's have a race!

|

Shirei
|
Posted - 2005.01.30 02:41:00 -
[18]
Without MWD, Claw is fastest.
With MWD, Crusader is fastest.
|

Altai Saker
|
Posted - 2005.01.30 03:02:00 -
[19]
Crow will usually be fastest in combat though, since a crusader cant use its lowslots to boost its speed.
|

KingsGambit
|
Posted - 2005.01.30 10:27:00 -
[20]
Edited by: KingsGambit on 30/01/2005 10:31:08 I think the single possible fastest real-space travelling ship in-game now, following the restriction of dual mid-slot propulsion modules would be:
Claw with 4x Minmatar Fleet Overdrive Injectors, 1x Gistii Type-A 1mn MWD, Navigation & Acceleration Control 5, 4% Hardwiring Velocity Implant
Total Speed: ((475 + 160) * 1.25 * 1.04) = 825.5 m/s unpropelled  825.5 * (8.2625 * (1,500,000/1,250,000)) = 8,185 m/s 
Assuming propulsion is still calculated as thrust/mass * boost. Over distance though the warp speed multiplier of the smaller "Tier I" inties (post upcoming patch 3207) may cover distance faster. Pre-Exodus patch 1, I think a player managed about 25,000 km/s in a Scorp, which is probably a little much for use in combat scenarios 
And Kernite makes more isk for time spent mining General rule of thumb I picked up early on in Eve...the higher the letter of the Alphabet the ores name begins with, the lower the value (eg Veldspar = lowest, Arkonor = highest). I think Spodumain and Omber are the only exceptions (though Isogen sells for much more than it's worth right now, so go wild!).
-------------
BYOC Crow Interceptor Deals |

Hakera
|
Posted - 2005.01.30 10:33:00 -
[21]
Edited by: Hakera on 30/01/2005 10:34:43
Originally by: KingsGambit I think the single possible fastest real-space travelling ship in-game now, following the restriction of dual mid-slot propulsion modules would be:
Claw with 4x Minmatar Fleet Overdrive Injectors, 1x Gistii Type-A 1mn MWD, Navigation & Acceleration Control 5, 4% Hardwiring Velocity Implant
Total Speed: ((475 + 160) * 1.25 * 1.04) = 825.5 m/s unpropelled 825.5 * (8.2625 * (1,500,000/1,250,000)) = 8,185 m/s
Assuming propulsion is still calculated as thrust/mass * boost. Over distance though the warp speed multiplier of the smaller "Tier I" inties (post upcoming patch 3207) may cover distance faster.
not actually ran the figures but its a close call, ok the malediction has one less OD and 40m/s less base speed all other things being equal that is 80m/s less than a claw but you would be able to fit a cap battery and with the lower mass than a claw and higher warp speed its very very close in race terms imo.
Talking post patch though
Dumbledore - Eve-I.com |

KingsGambit
|
Posted - 2005.01.30 10:43:00 -
[22]
Also neglected the potential 10% extra velocity if above Claw pilot was in a gang with one member having Escort Tactics 5 In that case it would travel 908.5 m/s unpropelled, and 9,003 m/s with the Gistii MWD on. Shame the MWD has such a horrid sig penalty it is useless for combat 
-------------
BYOC Crow Interceptor Deals |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |