| Pages: 1 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Sheolyn
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 10:53:00 -
[1]
Can someone tell me for definate whether if I hit a *corp* mate with my missile by accident while shooting at an NPC in a 'roid belt whether, or not, the police will nuke my nice shiny new Moa? Kinda need to be sure on this one as I'm sure you can appreciate!
|

SISQO
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 10:54:00 -
[2]
The cops won't shoot you as long as they are in your gang or corp.
|

Sheolyn
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 10:58:00 -
[3]
As long as you're sure on this... ;)
Cheers chap.
|

Fritz Ionar
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 11:02:00 -
[4]
The cops SHOULDN'T shoot you as long as your in a gang.
However they do so anyway. Not for all people aperently (as many claim to use ganging to test out weapoins and stuf on each other with out cops interfearing) but there are many reports about it and I'm a first hand vitnes to it my self.
So, if I where you I'd lay of the missiles/smartbombs or any kind of area effect weapons when in high sec space with other players in the vicinity. |

Sheolyn
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 11:07:00 -
[5]
This is what I was afraid of: inconsistency :o
So Fritz, you're saying that a *corp* relationship with another player does not affect the police behaviour?
|

Cara 'Than
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 11:15:00 -
[6]
A corpmember lost a maller by hitting his smartbomb while another corpmember was close to him... He got podded by police, although the other member took minor damage and WAS in his gang AND corp.
Think this is a bug and hopefully it will be changed. __________________ "Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to suffering." |

SISQO
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 11:28:00 -
[7]
Since when do NPC cops or NPC pirates pod players? Your friend must of have been real unlucky..
You could be right about it being a bug, but so far I've been shot at, and shot my guns at my corp/gang mates in high sec space just fine. Recieved no security hit either. Just make sure you don't hit stargates or stations in the process.
|

Sheolyn
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 11:43:00 -
[8]
So basically the advice at the moment is don't risk it - there is apparently no *fullproof* way of protecting yourself against such police action.
Fair enough, I won't :)
|

Fritz Ionar
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 11:50:00 -
[9]
If you e-mail support about it (as my friend did after loosing his cruiser to this "phenomenon") they say it's not a bug.
However, the inconsistency of this tels me that it is a bug. If it was not it should happen to every one or no one. |

Fritz Ionar
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 11:55:00 -
[10]
I might add that this topic has been brought up on the boards numerous times and at no time have we goten any responce from CCP as to how this is supposed to work. The closest thing to an official responce is some polaris guy saying that at the moment the police should pop in if you do damage to an other player, same corp/gang or not.
It's so furustrating to try playing a game when you don't know the rules and the ones that makes up re rules don't bother telling you either.
Edited by: Fritz Ionar on 01/07/2003 11:55:50 |

Reathe
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 11:59:00 -
[11]
My advice would be to TEST on the Chaos server.
Then you would know.
|

Sheolyn
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 12:06:00 -
[12]
Fritz, I'm hearing you on the CCP issue. I mean, how much effort would it take to just confirm whether this behaviour is by design or not?
I don't have an account on Chaos - I'll try using my alt on Tranquility or something.
Cheers for your help.
|

snaazex
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 12:23:00 -
[13]
I lost my moa when my missile hit an asteroid and splashin my mate a bit. We WERE ganged and still 5-O show up with webifiers and scramblers and big guns.
Petitons gave no result other thatn "we are sorry for your loss". I can understand this stance from the GMs. It was an expensive lesson and therefore well-learned.
Hereonafter, I'm not taking any chances with missiles.
//snaazex
|

Cezanne
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 12:25:00 -
[14]
"Since when do NPC cops or NPC pirates pod players? Your friend must of have been real unlucky.."
This isn't something I have tested extensively myself, for obvious reasons. However my understanding is that, whilst NPCs do not shoot pods intentionally, you can be unlucky enough to have your pod destroyed by some late splash damage from missiles in particular.
|

Amarrian string
|
Posted - 2007.10.27 16:56:00 -
[15]
rise my undead thread rise!
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 :: [one page] |