| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 2 post(s) |

Jokerface666
Ever Flow Northern Coalition.
20
|
Posted - 2011.09.29 08:05:00 -
[1] - Quote
Hello everyone,
as you may have realised or maybe not, here is the thread: LINKY TLDR: Chribbas system got SBU'd
No as i have seen the "i was there" video, something that happens about 10 x a day.
Why you guys do not make a video about someting special, where everyone in the universe was able to step up and do something important, something everyone will remember for a long time.
It doesn't matters if it is a young miner, a LS dweller, a Ns guy, just everyone had the oppurtunity to step up and do something meaningfull.
Thats what eve is about, and i would love to se a video about the system defense, the true nature of eve... the community! Something no other MMO has, in that kind of way... a call to arms for someone who is important to the community!
So CCP please make a video out of it! It's really worth it. ------------------------------w00t w00t rapetrain------------------------------ |

Thorn Galen
The Scope Gallente Federation
31
|
Posted - 2011.09.29 08:09:00 -
[2] - Quote
Jokerface666 wrote:Hello everyone, as you may have realised or maybe not, here is the thread: LINKYTLDR: Chribbas system got SBU'd No as i have seen the "i was there" video, something that happens about 10 x a day. Why you guys do not make a video about someting special, where everyone in the universe was able to step up and do something important, something everyone will remember for a long time. It doesn't matters if it is a young miner, a LS dweller, a Ns guy, just everyone had the oppurtunity to step up and do something meaningfull. Thats what eve is about, and i would love to se a video about the system defense, the true nature of eve... the community! Something no other MMO has, in that kind of way... a call to arms for someone who is important to the community! So CCP please make a video out of it! It's really worth it.
Hear hear! Although CCP probably has their hands full already. Perhaps a member of the community who has the knowledge and gear to create such a video will step-up and surprise us all.  The door is not real. |

Jokerface666
Ever Flow Northern Coalition.
20
|
Posted - 2011.09.29 08:13:00 -
[3] - Quote
Thorn Galen wrote:Jokerface666 wrote:Hello everyone, as you may have realised or maybe not, here is the thread: LINKYTLDR: Chribbas system got SBU'd No as i have seen the "i was there" video, something that happens about 10 x a day. Why you guys do not make a video about someting special, where everyone in the universe was able to step up and do something important, something everyone will remember for a long time. It doesn't matters if it is a young miner, a LS dweller, a Ns guy, just everyone had the oppurtunity to step up and do something meaningfull. Thats what eve is about, and i would love to se a video about the system defense, the true nature of eve... the community! Something no other MMO has, in that kind of way... a call to arms for someone who is important to the community! So CCP please make a video out of it! It's really worth it. Hear hear! Although CCP probably has their hands full already. Perhaps a member of the community who has the knowledge and gear to create such a video will step-up and surprise us all. 
I started to do it, but after thinking about it, it was just the "it would be a waste if it would be only a community video..." it should be a real eve commercial, becouse that's what eve is about from my point of view. Also CCP has got those UEBER Cinematic tools to place ships, give them paths, and controll all turrets ad stuff.
------------------------------w00t w00t rapetrain------------------------------ |

Ciar Meara
Virtus Vindice
124
|
Posted - 2011.09.29 08:28:00 -
[4] - Quote
Aye, good idea.
Chribba could be played by : Suggestions?
I'd say Tom Hanks, cause he just feels thrustworthy AND cuddly. - [img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/janus/ceosig.jpg[/img] [yellow]English only please. Zymurgist[/yellow] |

Mocam
EVE University Ivy League
8
|
Posted - 2011.09.29 08:29:00 -
[5] - Quote
It would be cool if they pulled the info and made that into an advertisement for EVE.
Use the images for the actual characters, animate them a bit, etc... Have some fun with it but make a vid like they did with the DUST one.
Chribba gets attacked. Sends out a call for help. Sits in the station worrying about what will happen and figuring he may be lost. In come all those pilots - from soloists in NPC corps through a nullsec group to help defend it...
I could picture the NC. commander's arrival when they got hit entering - coming up with a "shoot them all" approach until they figure it out. Kind of fitting for nullsec types even in a "rescue operation".
Yeah it would be a very cool video piece even if it took some work - it would show how "the players make this game" versus the usual design enhancements. |

Suneai
Space Tide Syndicate
3
|
Posted - 2011.09.29 08:42:00 -
[6] - Quote
I suggested pretty much the same thing in the 'Chribba System SBU'd topic', so I definitely fully support the request for CCP or one of the great player video makers to produce an special "EVE is real, I was there" video based on the event. |

Tanya Powers
Science and Trade Institute Caldari State
4
|
Posted - 2011.09.29 08:44:00 -
[7] - Quote
This idea is certainly the best to explain Eve community: interesting enough to deserve some attention
No matter the issues/differences between different factions/alliances/corps whatsoever, no matter producers bad choices about game design or balance, this community is certainly the most complicated the most harsh and also the most interesting you'll ever find in any MMO.
Finaly Eve is not just a game, it's a fracking interesting community.
This is why I still play. |

Thorn Galen
The Scope Gallente Federation
31
|
Posted - 2011.09.29 08:51:00 -
[8] - Quote
I have the time, I just wish I had the know-how on how to put something together. It would totally amateur anyways. We need a Pro to volunteer - any takers ? I'll pay 100Mill ISK as a small incentive. Not much I know but hey, should buy some decent ammo  The door is not real. |

Jokerface666
Ever Flow Northern Coalition.
21
|
Posted - 2011.09.29 08:53:00 -
[9] - Quote
Thorn Galen wrote:I have the time, I just wish I had the know-how on how to put something together. It would totally amateur anyways. We need a Pro to volunteer - any takers ? I'll pay 100Mill ISK as a small incentive. Not much I know but hey, should buy some decent ammo 
Nice tought, but CCP are the only one who have got the right tools, to make the video as shiney as i'd like it to be. ------------------------------w00t w00t rapetrain------------------------------ |

Ciar Meara
Virtus Vindice
126
|
Posted - 2011.09.29 09:07:00 -
[10] - Quote
Jokerface666 wrote:Nice tought, but CCP are the only one who have got the right tools, to make the video as shiney as i'd like it to be.
That's not necessarily true, a few movie makers got a copy of the software CCP uses to make trailers I think its called 'jessica' or something. I know the guy from Clear Skies got a copy, and some others.
EDIT: Although offcourse incarna items would be harder to do. - [img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/janus/ceosig.jpg[/img] [yellow]English only please. Zymurgist[/yellow] |

Pak Narhoo
Knights of Kador
23
|
Posted - 2011.09.29 09:24:00 -
[11] - Quote
Ciar Meara wrote: snipp, ...a few movie makers got a copy of the software CCP uses to make trailers I think its called 'jessica' or something.
Yes you're right. |

Nyio
Federal Navy Academy Gallente Federation
132
|
Posted - 2011.09.29 09:33:00 -
[12] - Quote
Thorn Galen wrote:Jokerface666 wrote:Hello everyone, as you may have realised or maybe not, here is the thread: LINKYTLDR: Chribbas system got SBU'd No as i have seen the "i was there" video, something that happens about 10 x a day. Why you guys do not make a video about someting special, where everyone in the universe was able to step up and do something important, something everyone will remember for a long time. It doesn't matters if it is a young miner, a LS dweller, a Ns guy, just everyone had the oppurtunity to step up and do something meaningfull. Thats what eve is about, and i would love to se a video about the system defense, the true nature of eve... the community! Something no other MMO has, in that kind of way... a call to arms for someone who is important to the community! So CCP please make a video out of it! It's really worth it. Hear hear! Although CCP probably has their hands full already. Perhaps a member of the community who has the knowledge and gear to create such a video will step-up and surprise us all. 
If you get me the right gear I'll be right on it.  Features & Ideas Discussion: Agent Finder, Black Holes Needs a banner here.. |

Thorn Galen
The Scope Gallente Federation
33
|
Posted - 2011.09.29 09:39:00 -
[13] - Quote
@Nyio
What gear do you require ? The door is not real. |

Jokerface666
Ever Flow Northern Coalition.
22
|
Posted - 2011.09.29 09:54:00 -
[14] - Quote
i'd for example do it if i had the jessica tool from CCP.
But without it, it's a pain in the ass to get a 100 man fleet to help on sisi.... ------------------------------w00t w00t rapetrain------------------------------ |
|

CCP Guard
C C P C C P Alliance
182

|
Posted - 2011.09.29 09:59:00 -
[15] - Quote
You know those stories from EVE you hear repeated every now and then for years? This is definitely one of those stories I think. A story that couldn't happen in a cute little sharded theme park MMO ;). A story that couldn't happen without the ability to build long a term reputation with a large population or without the mutual freedom of the world's inhabitants to forge their own destiny.
The possibility of something like this happening is one of the things we all love about EVE.
Will we make a video out of it like the 'EVE is real' video? I can't say...but it's a cool idea  Or will someone from the community make a -¦Day of Darkness II' type video out of this? 
That's a pretty cool idea too.
p.s. I'll totally get a veldspar tattoo if I get to play the role of Chribba in a video. CCP Guard | EVE Community Developer |
|

DeBingJos
T.R.I.A.D
98
|
Posted - 2011.09.29 10:01:00 -
[16] - Quote
CCP Guard wrote: p.s. I'll totally get a veldspar tattoo if I get to play the role of Chribba in a video.
If only I had the skills needed to make a vid. I would take you up on this!!!
Fix FW ! |

Jokerface666
Ever Flow Northern Coalition.
22
|
Posted - 2011.09.29 10:06:00 -
[17] - Quote
CCP Guard wrote:You know those stories from EVE you hear repeated every now and then for years? This is definitely one of those stories I think. A story that couldn't happen in a cute little sharded theme park MMO ;). A story that couldn't happen without the ability to build long a term reputation with a large population or without the mutual freedom of the world's inhabitants to forge their own destiny. The possibility of something like this happening is one of the things we all love about EVE. Will we make a video out of it like the 'EVE is real' video? I can't say...but it's a cool idea  Or will someone from the community make a -¦Day of Darkness II' type video out of this?  That's a pretty cool idea too. p.s. I'll totally get a veldspar tattoo if I get to play the role of Chribba in a video.
I'll make the video, but i'd need the jessica tool for it, it's just impossible to get 100 or more dudes on singularity to help..... is there any possibility to get my hands on that tool, like a trial version which can be used for 60 days or something.
would be just awesome, and you guys get free propaganda :-D ------------------------------w00t w00t rapetrain------------------------------ |

Nyio
Federal Navy Academy Gallente Federation
132
|
Posted - 2011.09.29 10:19:00 -
[18] - Quote
Thorn Galen wrote:@Nyio
What gear do you require ?
A new comp that can handle video decent.  I started to try do some fraps and all that but realized this comp can't handle it quite good enough to continue play around with it.. Features & Ideas Discussion: Agent Finder, Black Holes Needs a banner here.. |

Angel HUN
Spricer Raiden.
0
|
Posted - 2011.09.29 10:24:00 -
[19] - Quote
CCP Guard wrote:
p.s. I'll totally get a veldspar tattoo if I get to play the role of Chribba in a video.
Paging CCP Loxy.
|

Skippermonkey
Tactical Knightmare
59
|
Posted - 2011.09.29 10:33:00 -
[20] - Quote
it needs to be done by 'THE RIZ' whoever he is
http://youtu.be/SiE8_pz013g
this is the best EVE video of all time |
|

CCP Guard
C C P C C P Alliance
183

|
Posted - 2011.09.29 11:06:00 -
[21] - Quote
Jokerface666 wrote:CCP Guard wrote:You know those stories from EVE you hear repeated every now and then for years? This is definitely one of those stories I think. A story that couldn't happen in a cute little sharded theme park MMO ;). A story that couldn't happen without the ability to build long a term reputation with a large population or without the mutual freedom of the world's inhabitants to forge their own destiny. The possibility of something like this happening is one of the things we all love about EVE. Will we make a video out of it like the 'EVE is real' video? I can't say...but it's a cool idea  Or will someone from the community make a -¦Day of Darkness II' type video out of this?  That's a pretty cool idea too. p.s. I'll totally get a veldspar tattoo if I get to play the role of Chribba in a video. I'll make the video, but i'd need the jessica tool for it, it's just impossible to get 100 or more dudes on singularity to help..... is there any possibility to get my hands on that tool, like a trial version which can be used for 60 days or something. would be just awesome, and you guys get free propaganda :-D
If we had a stable distribution-friendly platform that we could realistically distribute to players, I'd absolutely love that personally. However, that's not the case it seems and I'm told that Jessica is somewhat of a fickle wench who doesn't like to leave the house, and needs plenty of in-house support and pampering for her to do what's expected of her.
Hopefully some day though! CCP Guard | EVE Community Developer |
|

Jokerface666
Ever Flow Northern Coalition.
22
|
Posted - 2011.09.29 11:09:00 -
[22] - Quote
CCP Guard wrote:Jokerface666 wrote:CCP Guard wrote:You know those stories from EVE you hear repeated every now and then for years? This is definitely one of those stories I think. A story that couldn't happen in a cute little sharded theme park MMO ;). A story that couldn't happen without the ability to build long a term reputation with a large population or without the mutual freedom of the world's inhabitants to forge their own destiny. The possibility of something like this happening is one of the things we all love about EVE. Will we make a video out of it like the 'EVE is real' video? I can't say...but it's a cool idea  Or will someone from the community make a -¦Day of Darkness II' type video out of this?  That's a pretty cool idea too. p.s. I'll totally get a veldspar tattoo if I get to play the role of Chribba in a video. I'll make the video, but i'd need the jessica tool for it, it's just impossible to get 100 or more dudes on singularity to help..... is there any possibility to get my hands on that tool, like a trial version which can be used for 60 days or something. would be just awesome, and you guys get free propaganda :-D If we had a stable distribution-friendly platform that we could realistically distribute to players, I'd absolutely love that personally. However, that's not the case it seems and I'm told that Jessica is somewhat of a fickle wench who doesn't like to leave the house, and needs plenty of in-house support and pampering for her to do what's expected of her. Hopefully some day though!
wouldn't really be a problem for me as i am a .NET dev in rl. but if it's not possible to bad, then go to your marketing department please and tell em to make the video please :-D if i go to fanfast 2012 and you've done that i ow you a few beers. ------------------------------w00t w00t rapetrain------------------------------ |

Brooks Puuntai
Nomadic Asylum
104
|
Posted - 2011.09.29 11:11:00 -
[23] - Quote
It is quite sad that a stable distribution version of "Jessica" will probably never be released. It would be a excellent marketing tool for CCP to allow players to create better videos. Add to the fact that it wouldn't really cost CCP anything(other then making it stable) and be free marketing. |

Ciar Meara
Virtus Vindice
127
|
Posted - 2011.09.29 11:12:00 -
[24] - Quote
CCP Guard wrote:p.s. I'll totally get a veldspar tattoo if I get to play the role of Chribba in a video.
I'd still prefer Tom Hanks.
- [img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/janus/ceosig.jpg[/img] [yellow]English only please. Zymurgist[/yellow] |
|

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises Otherworld Empire
378
|
Posted - 2011.09.29 18:55:00 -
[25] - Quote
Would be quite interesting to see something like this of course, and it would be a major honor from my view, all thanks to this awesome community we have!
/c
|
|

Jokerface666
Ever Flow Northern Coalition.
23
|
Posted - 2011.09.29 19:49:00 -
[26] - Quote
a "Day of Darkness II" like thing wopuldn't be nice, i'd love to see some fleet action where you can hear the hectic fleet comms, so you can feel with the people. some directed engagements from the bombers, and so on.
just got a question, are we allowed to export the eve models and skinns to use em in other programms like 3dsmax, so i could use em in a SDK tool? ------------------------------w00t w00t rapetrain------------------------------ |

Meryl SinGarda
Homeworld Republic United Homeworlds
225
|
Posted - 2011.09.29 22:05:00 -
[27] - Quote
I feel that this is one of those situations where I can actually say, "I was there."
Fly Safe, Die Hard As stated by a fellow player, Mara Rinn, "EVE is not an internet spaceships game. It's a game of politics, subterfuge, capitalism, empire building and trust."-á
|

Dr Offensive
Republic University Minmatar Republic
8
|
Posted - 2011.09.29 22:08:00 -
[28] - Quote
Shooting at SBU's does not make for a good action video.
About as interesting as a mining video. |

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
45
|
Posted - 2011.09.30 11:17:00 -
[29] - Quote
Dr Offensive wrote:Shooting at SBU's does not make for a good action video.
About as interesting as a mining video.
You only watch movies for the car chases don't you?
This is my signature.-á There are many others like it, but this one is mine. |

Christine Peeveepeeski
Rodents of Unusual Size
17
|
Posted - 2011.09.30 13:44:00 -
[30] - Quote
This needs to be done. For my sins I work as an operations manager for a marketing company and what this one video could do for CCP's reputation is enormous.
Of course this is the internet and having thought about it saying 'I work in marketing' means **** all. I could actually be a brickie for all you know but my points stands and you know why? Not only does it make marketing sense... it makes ACTUAL sense to! :D |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |