| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Shayla Sh'inlux
|
Posted - 2005.05.02 01:18:00 -
[31]
You currently have 96 skills and 11,823,260 skill points
Gonna add 4-5 more and other than those I can't think of skills I'd want to train as well. ------------------------------------------------------- "Do you really think that's air you're breathing?" |

Deileon
|
Posted - 2005.05.04 16:07:00 -
[32]
Originally by: Dr Who Edited by: Dr Who on 25/04/2005 16:09:46 I just have one thing to say about all this: JACK OF ALL TRADES, MASTER OF NOTHING.
Not true, although I'd rather be that, it's far more interesting than doing 1 thing all the time. But in Eve you can be a jack of most trades and a master of a couple, pretty easily.
They say bananas are a dish best served cold... |

Roshandari
|
Posted - 2005.05.04 17:11:00 -
[33]
Edited by: Roshandari on 04/05/2005 17:12:07
Originally by: Deileon
Originally by: Dr Who Edited by: Dr Who on 25/04/2005 16:09:46 I just have one thing to say about all this: JACK OF ALL TRADES, MASTER OF NOTHING.
Not true, although I'd rather be that, it's far more interesting than doing 1 thing all the time. But in Eve you can be a jack of most trades and a master of a couple, pretty easily.
All it takes is a lot of time really. Went from being a mining specialist to an EW/Covert ops specialist pretty easy...bumping up skills for all sorts of other stuff. I think it takes more skill as a player of the game to know what to do with your mad-skills when you're a Jack of all Trades. If you have every skill at level 5 but don't know what tactics to use, you won't do so hot.
I don't have much in the way of research though...skill list is around 11mil sp @ 120 skills. Next 11mil sp might mean another 100 skills, but I'm not sure...hehe.
The key to living in a sci-fi universe: Never wear a redshirt with an blank nametag...they always die first. |

Meika
|
Posted - 2005.05.05 04:25:00 -
[34]
4 months old, with 4.4million skill points. RAWR
I know some people with like 200 skills and somany skill points they are flowing out their ears...
|

JanaDon
|
Posted - 2005.05.05 10:50:00 -
[35]
113 skills and 4.6 mill SP - in my fifth month of EVE. BTW. Item Database (here on the left) lists 215 skills (and I want to get 168 of them ever). I wonder what skils (and how many) are here in the game, and are not listed in Item Database... Also there is a couple listed but not in game I think--like Biology and Genetic Engineering--plz correct me if I'm wrong.
JanaDon
|

Hella May
|
Posted - 2005.05.05 12:00:00 -
[36]
Edited by: Hella May on 05/05/2005 12:00:50
Originally by: Siobhan 24 million skillpints and 79 skills 
Average of 303,000 SP per skill...
Only reason it is at 79 is down to those new EW skills dammit 
Dont you have like 9m in gunnery skill points? - Pie server shows a screenie of your skills btw
And a picture of Maggot trying to kill u in rl :)
Let's get this straight, if a girl has to be "rescued" 10 times a week from a brothel shes not a damsel but a prostitute.
|

Hardin
|
Posted - 2005.05.06 12:10:00 -
[37]
it does? o_o
|

Jonsemann
|
Posted - 2005.05.15 18:52:00 -
[38]
You currently have 44 skills and 1,312,141 skill points   --------------------------------------- (\_/) (O.o) (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
|

Celestiana
|
Posted - 2005.05.18 22:37:00 -
[39]
69 Skills - 4,387,475 
|

Dark Shikari
|
Posted - 2005.05.20 16:51:00 -
[40]
Originally by: Dr Who Edited by: Dr Who on 25/04/2005 16:09:46 I just have one thing to say about all this: JACK OF ALL TRADES, MASTER OF NOTHING.
In the time it takes to train a single level 5 skill, you can train about 150 level 2 skills.
So you're not really sacrificing anything.
Yes, if you trained a ton of skills to level 4, you might be sacrificing a lot. -- The best description of alliances, ever:
|

Thor Darkwing
|
Posted - 2005.05.23 12:27:00 -
[41]
Originally by: Hamatitio You currently have 118 skills and 20,191,352 skill points I'm sad.
6 mil in spaceship command ^_^
16,350,148 p and 5,2m of them in spaceship=)
love to fly stuff!
|

Ewan demizer
|
Posted - 2005.05.25 05:49:00 -
[42]
114 skills and 19.1 mil SP. Mainly science/ships/learning/industry are where the SP are invested
|

Trooper B99
|
Posted - 2005.05.25 09:37:00 -
[43]
Originally by: Siobhan 24 million skillpints and 79 skills 
Average of 303,000 SP per skill...
Only reason it is at 79 is down to those new EW skills dammit 
Now thats what speci'ing totally in Amarr and lasers can do. T'would be a very intersting skill tree to see I have to admit.
I'm (on another character) at 24.5 mil and 95 skills which sadly includes industrial and science skills like . . *shudders* mining and asterogeology *sobs*. Least I have the 9.5m gunnery, 7m command to keep me warm at night. 
Wirykomi Team Racer - COLOSSUS Championships Year 106
|

Novarei
|
Posted - 2005.05.25 19:03:00 -
[44]
With the current set of skills in the game i can't see myself having 200 ever, to get up to 200 i would have to train a lot of skills I will never use.
+--------------------------------------------+
|

Drift Spec
|
Posted - 2005.05.26 01:52:00 -
[45]
I am a big fan of specialisation, especially if you are aiming at a combat pilot as you "Eve Career".
For new players to the game specialisation is vitally important as more and more T2 Ships are released. If they decided to branch out into several races then it is going to take them much longer before they can fly some of the high end T2 ships efficiently (eg HAC)... as to accomodate these you also would be doing yourself no favours not going T2 guns and other T2 equipment.
Back in the days when I started it was not that important, I am very happy though that I was guided in the path of specialisation as it is really starting to pay off now.
|

Fierce Deity
|
Posted - 2005.05.28 06:02:00 -
[46]
show of muscle thread much?
i'm a noob at 92 skills 11,007,015 sp ------FD------
|

Reiisha
|
Posted - 2005.05.28 08:20:00 -
[47]
Edited by: Reiisha on 28/05/2005 08:20:30
Originally by: Hamatitio You currently have 118 skills and 20,191,352 skill points I'm sad.
6 mil in spaceship command ^_^
112 skills, 21.3m sp
8.4m in spaceship command :D
I specialize in flying ships.
Gamersland.nl, DE site voor PC gaming! |

McBane
|
Posted - 2005.05.30 12:32:00 -
[48]
Skill specialisation in Eve is a dangerous thing given the wild swings of the legendary nerf bat.
My approach has been to train up all the core skills to level 5, all the race specific guns and ships to reasonable levels and then add in as many skills at level 1 as possible to allow for me to adapt when my role / desire requires, have 178 in total atm.
This way, for example, when the good old Megathron got a good nerfing I simply docked and got into a Raven. If IĘd have urber trained for the Mega IĘd have been well ****ed off, but I trained a respectable level in all race ships and weaponry so it wasnĘt an issue.
Variety is the spice of life and training a limited number of skills to urber levels seems rather boring and restrictive to me, and given the negligible benefit from most level 4 to 5 skills not all that worth while either.
|

Reiisha
|
Posted - 2005.05.30 13:40:00 -
[49]
Originally by: McBane Variety is the spice of life and training a limited number of skills to urber levels seems rather boring and restrictive to me, and given the negligible benefit from most level 4 to 5 skills not all that worth while either.
Tech 2 guns/ships/equipment?
Gamersland.nl, DE site voor PC gaming! |

McBane
|
Posted - 2005.05.30 19:13:00 -
[50]
Originally by: Reiisha
Originally by: McBane Variety is the spice of life and training a limited number of skills to urber levels seems rather boring and restrictive to me, and given the negligible benefit from most level 4 to 5 skills not all that worth while either.
Tech 2 guns/ships/equipment?
Yeh, thats specialization tho, it takes over 1/2 year of training to get the full array of tech 2 guns - in which time i could easily afford to buy some top named and officer guns which are almost as good or better. Something I'd train for when there's nothing else to train for - and lets face it, CCP only introduced these urber skill requirements to give the long-time eve player something to train!
|

Carth Jared
|
Posted - 2005.05.31 16:11:00 -
[51]
16 mil sp and 89 skills  ATUK Killboard | 5 Killboard
|

Orion Pax
|
Posted - 2005.05.31 21:53:00 -
[52]
I have 183 skills and roughly 19.4mil sp. I specialize in all but gunnery :) You're only a martyr if someone cares about you. |

Hamatitio
|
Posted - 2005.06.01 04:38:00 -
[53]
awww You currently have 119 skills and 21,695,349 skill points 7.5mil in spaceship command.
I will catch you reisha! --
Director of Ganking: Death Row Inc. |

djNME
|
Posted - 2005.06.01 11:30:00 -
[54]
heya,
For anyone itnrested i do hold the diplomat skill and willing to part with my extra.If this skill happens to be one your looking for eve-mail me in game.. 
djNME
|

Trepkos
|
Posted - 2005.06.01 19:09:00 -
[55]
Hijacking is bad mmmkay? ------------------ What can I lose? My dignity...every single inch of it.
|

2ippy
|
Posted - 2005.06.02 01:36:00 -
[56]
i have just under 100skillz and 1.5m sp :)
Alternative Territorial Map - INGAME - 02.06.05 Updated twice a week. |

2ippy
|
Posted - 2005.06.02 01:36:00 -
[57]
Edited by: 2ippy on 02/06/2005 01:36:23 i swear to god i posted once :)
Alternative Territorial Map - INGAME - 02.06.05 Updated twice a week. |

Trepkos
|
Posted - 2005.06.02 01:45:00 -
[58]
I dont specialize in anything, so Im equally great at everything. ------------------ What can I lose? My dignity...every single inch of it.
|

Yeggstry
|
Posted - 2005.06.02 09:22:00 -
[59]
I personally dont see the point in having any skill at lvl 1, since it takes less than 3 days for any skill to be trained to lvl 3.
95 skills, 11.5mil SP
35 lvl 3 42 lvl 4 18 lvl 5
|

Scorpyn
|
Posted - 2005.06.02 09:39:00 -
[60]
Originally by: Yeggstry I personally dont see the point in having any skill at lvl 1, since it takes less than 3 days for any skill to be trained to lvl 3.
Sometimes you start with skills you don't really bother to use.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |