| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Darenthul
SUPERIOR RESOURCES
17
|
Posted - 2012.12.04 19:35:00 -
[1] - Quote
So I'm loving the new bounty system, already enraged a few people, and its a fun ISK sink, but while browsing the forums I saw an idea that inspired me.
We should get together a bunch of people with ISK to waste, and run what I'll call "The Great Hunt". Effectively we watch http://eve-kill.net/?a=home&m=12&y=2012&view=kills whenever a kill shows up, we instantly apply a bounty to the killer's head (and comrades if you so choose). Then each time a killmail shows up we repeat this process. We could even go as far as to pool an award to the player with the most single kills for the day.
Eventually we fuel a giant bloodbath as bounties beget more killmails beget more bounties, and the EVE universe ignites in a firestorm of murder and chaos.
I'm looking for a potential date (12/21/2012 anyone?) and feedback/comments on the idea. Mostly here to drum up support, see what kind of excitement/participation such an event would bring.
|

Sol Kouvo
State War Academy Caldari State
4
|
Posted - 2012.12.04 19:43:00 -
[2] - Quote
Darenthul wrote:So I'm loving the new bounty system, already enraged a few people, and its a fun ISK sink, but while browsing the forums I saw an idea that inspired me. We should get together a bunch of people with ISK to waste, and run what I'll call "The Great Hunt". Effectively we watch http://eve-kill.net/?a=home&m=12&y=2012&view=kills whenever a kill shows up, we instantly apply a bounty to the killer's head (and comrades if you so choose). Then each time a killmail shows up we repeat this process. We could even go as far as to pool an award to the player with the most single kills for the day. Eventually we fuel a giant bloodbath as bounties beget more killmails beget more bounties, and the EVE universe ignites in a firestorm of murder and chaos. I'm looking for a potential date (12/21/2012 anyone?) and feedback/comments on the idea. Mostly here to drum up support, see what kind of excitement/participation such an event would bring. You good sir are a bully who obviously enjoys tormenting others and kicking them while you're down. I see a bright future for you in this game. |

Darenthul
SUPERIOR RESOURCES
17
|
Posted - 2012.12.04 19:44:00 -
[3] - Quote
Sol Kouvo wrote:Darenthul wrote:So I'm loving the new bounty system, already enraged a few people, and its a fun ISK sink, but while browsing the forums I saw an idea that inspired me. We should get together a bunch of people with ISK to waste, and run what I'll call "The Great Hunt". Effectively we watch http://eve-kill.net/?a=home&m=12&y=2012&view=kills whenever a kill shows up, we instantly apply a bounty to the killer's head (and comrades if you so choose). Then each time a killmail shows up we repeat this process. We could even go as far as to pool an award to the player with the most single kills for the day. Eventually we fuel a giant bloodbath as bounties beget more killmails beget more bounties, and the EVE universe ignites in a firestorm of murder and chaos. I'm looking for a potential date (12/21/2012 anyone?) and feedback/comments on the idea. Mostly here to drum up support, see what kind of excitement/participation such an event would bring. You good sir are a bully who obviously enjoys tormenting others and kicking them while you're down. I see a bright future for you in this game.
Oh its you, the one who said he quit over a 2m bounty.
How is this bullying? Killmails are from pvp conflicts within the game that are posted by the aggressor to brag and therefor punishes the aggressor, thereby if anything its anti-bullying. |

Sol Kouvo
State War Academy Caldari State
4
|
Posted - 2012.12.04 19:48:00 -
[4] - Quote
Bullying bullys is still bullying. But this is Cyber Bully Online so have at it. |

Darenthul
SUPERIOR RESOURCES
17
|
Posted - 2012.12.04 19:50:00 -
[5] - Quote
Sol Kouvo wrote:Bullying bullys is still bullying. But this is Cyber Bully Online so have at it.
Please take your conflict with the game elsewhere, this is a serious thread looking for actual discussion on the topic at hand, not an outlet for you to vent your frustrations.
I'm looking to funnel funds into the destruction of ships, all at the amusement of monocled on-lookers for a gauntlet of epic proportions. |

AyayaPanda
15 Minute Outliers Novus Dominatum
0
|
Posted - 2012.12.04 19:55:00 -
[6] - Quote
Yeah put 5b bounty on the bait so ppl would more likely to focus fire on him 
as for low/0.0/wh, alrdy have enough reason letting ppl shoot you, especially you are < -5.
But can't persuade ppl pew more in hs, unless you have a 50b bounty + in a 10b ship? |

Darenthul
SUPERIOR RESOURCES
17
|
Posted - 2012.12.04 19:57:00 -
[7] - Quote
AyayaPanda wrote:Yeah put 5b bounty on the bait so ppl would more likely to focus fire on him  as for low/0.0/wh, alrdy have enough reason letting ppl shoot you, especially you are < -5. But can't persuade ppl pew more in hs, unless you have a 50b bounty + in a 10b ship?
Yea I can understand that concern, still, will be fun to test out the bounty system and with enough backers, a large bounty may just be possible.
I'm sure the suicide gankers who do it for fun would love to join in the mess. |

Darenthul
SUPERIOR RESOURCES
20
|
Posted - 2012.12.04 20:52:00 -
[8] - Quote
Update: Gotten a few backers, we're looking at some good money for the prize pool + additional bounties.
Going to try to contact the Goons tonight about interest, they love chaos. We're also going to try to shift it to Sunday since that's when CCP is gathering their stuff for the Museum of Modern Art piece.
Let's show these bastards what EVE really is. The Great Hunt/Bountypocalypse 2012 - https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=178683 |

Dheeradj Nurgle
Dreddit Test Alliance Please Ignore
23
|
Posted - 2012.12.05 12:16:00 -
[9] - Quote
As said on Reddit, 150mill from Nurgle Shipping will go into the Pool |

Darenthul
SUPERIOR RESOURCES
23
|
Posted - 2012.12.05 12:53:00 -
[10] - Quote
Amamake has been decided as the location.
Superior Resources pledges 1 PLEX and 50 million to the pool and will be putting up bounties throughout the day. Mercenary Massacre 2012 (12/9/2012) - https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=178683 |

Joe D'Trader
Dreddit Test Alliance Please Ignore
159
|
Posted - 2012.12.06 13:22:00 -
[11] - Quote
There are worse things that could be attempted.
GL I hope it is a success. |

Darenthul
SUPERIOR RESOURCES
38
|
Posted - 2012.12.06 13:24:00 -
[12] - Quote
Joe D'Trader wrote:There are worse things that could be attempted.
GL I hope it is a success.
Thank you, I'm really hoping it turns out to be a blast, literally and metaphorically. Mercenary Massacre 2012 (12/9/2012)
I find mining to be an incredibly relaxing thing to do after work. It's like fishing without waking up early. Or cold. But the beer, the beer is the same. - arramdaywalker |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |