| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Fenris
|
Posted - 2003.07.07 14:06:00 -
[1]
Since about three patches ago, myself and some of my corp mates have been able to see the sun through planets, stations, ships, etc.
Is anyone else getting this?
Is anyone fixing this?
Thanks.
------------------------------ "Burn the land and boil the sea, you cant take the sky from me"
Fenris. |

Kyn Aerie
|
Posted - 2003.07.07 14:30:00 -
[2]
Maybe your prefs.ini changed? Isn't that one of the options in your graphics configs at the ESC screen? It says something about star occlusion or something like that. I'm pretty sure it's a basic graphics setting.
|

Artean
|
Posted - 2003.07.07 14:56:00 -
[3]
Yes, I having the same... and its been around about the same time as for u.
And I dont think it has something to do with the pref.ini, have cleared my cache several times (due to other bugs), and nothing has changed.
Would be nice if this could be fixed again.
Im running a g-force 3 (ti200) card and 44.03 drivers, btw. ........ There is a fine line between gate camping and just standing by a gate, looking like an idiot... |

Xane
|
Posted - 2003.07.07 23:19:00 -
[4]
Same here, the option is only to allow other ships to occlude the sun, it has always been the case that planets will do it.
Even since last but one patch IIRC.
x a n e |

Krilos Nereth
|
Posted - 2003.07.08 03:19:00 -
[5]
If I remember correctly it was because of DirectX 9 features, they changed it so if you have a DirectX 9 compatible card the sun will be more realistic but it would just show up through everything for non dx9 cards.
|

Xane
|
Posted - 2003.07.08 15:06:00 -
[6]
Ah right, mine is a non-DX9 card :(
Did CCP take out shares in ATi/nVidia recently :)
x a n e |

Exec
|
Posted - 2003.07.09 01:48:00 -
[7]
actuly.. i get it and i have a GF4 ti 4800 AGP 8X with the latest DRx 9 .... and that defently a Dx 9 card!!
---------------------------------------------- Quick Polarise the hull plating!! Doh! Guess my nissan micra doesnt come with that feature ;)
Exec Unpas's local idiot |

William Jameson
|
Posted - 2003.07.09 05:09:00 -
[8]
the gf4 ti4800 is a dx8.1 card, it's not capable of special dx9 features ------------------------------------------ reality is too small for human imagination |

Alonna
|
Posted - 2003.07.09 10:19:00 -
[9]
well sun occlusion was working for a while now after a few patches it doesnt i just think its a bug lala |

Fenris
|
Posted - 2003.07.09 19:43:00 -
[10]
Thanks for the replies. At least now I know that it is a widespread problem and may actually be fixed someday. :)
I had to move my corporate HQ because I found it really annoying, when I undocked, to see the local star right through the middle of a planet.
------------------------------ "Burn the land and boil the sea, you cant take the sky from me"
Fenris. |

Carbon
|
Posted - 2003.07.10 12:04:00 -
[11]
I have a DirectX 9 capable card and I still get this strange effect/bug.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |