| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Dixi We
Da Mashine
0
|
Posted - 2012.12.14 19:19:00 -
[1] - Quote
1. PvE games with roles (tank, support, healer and so on) are much more fun. Now with random aggro switching everyone in room should be tanked. Not fun at all for PvE players.
2. Drone users got hurt most. Before this change, if you check forums, there were several competitive ways to do missions: - drone ships: Dominix, Ishtar, Ratttlesnake - missile ships: Raven, CNR, Golem - turret ships: Nightmare, Machariel, Paladin, Kronos And there were many fans of each way, since they were different. After AI change drone users are most upset, since other ways lost nothings. While we, drone users now need constantly watch for drones health and still loosing them much more then before.
3. It's absolutely impossible to play with newbie friends together. Before AI change it was fun to do level 4 missions together - they there looking, flying around, shooting frigate sized mobs, gathering loot and salvaging. Now it's all impossible due to random aggro switches. Whats the reason to play together if I have to filter my friends by "tank type and level"?!
I really see no point in such AI change. What is it for? - To prevent ninja salvaging? That was fun and social part of the game. - To make players more used to sleepers AI? Many PvE oriented players just ignore wormhole existence due to "delayed local" and other problems, that makes trips there in PvE-pimped ships risky. - To make all npc mobs similar? Make them all exactly same: one size, one type of damage, one loot...
I still can do same level 4 missions easy solo, but like many mission runners I was hoping to see group oriented content in high sec space. Instead we got "new AI" witch made grouping with casual players and friends almost useless, from game mechanic point of view. |

Arkadelphia
Day Trippers
2
|
Posted - 2012.12.20 04:51:00 -
[2] - Quote
I can agree. Corp just brought in a handful of young players who loved helping out on our high end ded sites...now they can't join us because they get slaughtered in their t1 cruisers. Tiericide to help new players...then A.I. Kicked them right back out of pve. Real shame and feel bad having do say sorry go rat the belts.
Also there are certain complexes where we have established someone will loose their ship..regardless of the number of ships we bring in. The aggro is too heavy as the numb if ships weren't balanced to match the new AI..even running heavy logi..yes we have had to bring logi into pve...ships go pop. We've resorted to suiciding cheap ships to kill off tackle before reshipping into tanky dps boats for the larger rats.
While I personally don't mind the A.I. changes, I find it rather interesting to see how certain changes are helping young players and others are owning them..which one do you want ccp? |

Rain6637
Team Evil
22
|
Posted - 2012.12.20 05:09:00 -
[3] - Quote
stop. older players need to tell new pilots how it is. if level 4 missions were easier, they'd be called level 3's.
I don't feel bad for new players attempting to pilot battleships or run level 4's. I stayed in cormorants and ran level 1 and 2 missions for two years because my corp told me to. there is such a thing as "old school."
to me, level 4 missions were the realm of gods for almost 3 years. respect them.
I carry the logi capability to keep newb pilots alive. ...2 month old mega pilots fitted with rails and 1 missile launcher, and full room aggro. If you will allow them in your fleet, you should be able to handle the rep burden. |

Lipbite
Express Hauler
290
|
Posted - 2012.12.20 06:27:00 -
[4] - Quote
Dixi We wrote:but like many mission runners I was hoping to see group oriented content in high sec space
Join incursion communities - and fleets. |

Ronan Connor
13
|
Posted - 2012.12.20 12:25:00 -
[5] - Quote
Oh dear, sorry but I expect you will get flamed alot. Especially for using words like "healer".
Anyway, one thought of you is quite valid I think. "Roles" are getting to the background. And that will make it hard to bring a Remote Repper, a DPS ship and a tanking ship. Wonder what CCP makes out of that? There are issues already for newer players. At some point there will be a monetary impact on ccp. After all the "power of two"-program will suffer as well. I cant dual box, when my tank isnt tanking anymore. 
|

Rain6637
Team Evil
23
|
Posted - 2012.12.20 12:36:00 -
[6] - Quote
"tanking" is a somewhat exploit tactic that was patched.
honestly, did that feel normal to you, or like something was broken and you were gaming an AI. |

Annunaki soldier
Segmentum Solar Nulli Legio
10
|
Posted - 2012.12.20 13:10:00 -
[7] - Quote
Rain6637 wrote:stop. older players need to tell new pilots how it is. if level 4 missions were easier, they'd be called level 3's.
I don't feel bad for new players attempting to pilot battleships or run level 4's. I stayed in cormorants and ran level 1 and 2 missions for two years because my corp told me to. there is such a thing as "old school."
to me, level 4 missions were the realm of gods for almost 3 years. respect them.
I carry the logi capability to keep newb pilots alive. ...2 month old mega pilots fitted with rails and 1 missile launcher, and full room aggro. If you will allow them in your fleet, you should be able to handle the rep burden.
You sir and people like you are the reason this game will live with the few old players. Do you honestly believe that a new player that can't have fun for the game he is paying (plexing is still paying also) he will continue to do it ? Also if you srtugled your way then that means everyone has to ?
If ccp wanted drone botters to stop then the only thing they should have done is to stop having drones automaticaly shoot next target . If the reason behind this is for people to go 0.0 or low sec then it is still not going to succeed. End the titan bridging on 0.0 and you will see more people going there especially those that hate blobs. For low sec i believe the steps made are positive and attractive now to more people. Ride hard, live with passion-á |

Grombutz
Treasures Collectors Solar Citizens
15
|
Posted - 2012.12.20 15:13:00 -
[8] - Quote
I agree with the OP, the Drone AI should stay out of missioning up to lv3 or 4 atleast. If you want players to fleet up, give them Lv 5's in highsec and apply the AI there. This change was overall very bad, since it hurts the farming of a lot of players - If ppl can't afford stuff they like or run out of money to afford plexes, customer base will likely drop. |

Aptenodytes
Reckless Abandon
43
|
Posted - 2012.12.20 15:37:00 -
[9] - Quote
Dixi We wrote:1. PvE games with roles (tank, support, healer and so on) are much more fun Go play them then. I'm not just saying that flippantly to dismiss your concerns. It's just basic common sense. If you do not enjoy something, don't pay to do it. If you would rather be doing something else, then go do it. Life is short.
Dixi We wrote:3. It's absolutely impossible to play with newbie friends together. Before AI change it was fun to do level 4 missions together - they there looking, flying around, shooting frigate sized mobs, gathering loot and salvaging. Now it's all impossible due to random aggro switches. This is the EVE equivalent of "power levelling". Older players running around getting all the aggro and dealing most of the damage, while newbies hang around picking off the stragglers and gaining massive benefits, which they could never achieve on their own.
I think most of those other games you talk about so fondly, frown upon power levelling as well? So why should it be allowed in EVE?
Dixi We wrote:Whats the reason to play together if I have to filter my friends by "tank type and level"?! You don't have to filter your friends. You have to filter the activities that you can do based on the group you are flying with. If you have a 1 week old character then you do level 2's. If you can all fly cruisers or BC (or LOGI) then you do level 3's. If you're all good enough for level 4's, then you do that. Or you give the newbie a Noctis or destroyer to salvage (maybe boring but it's a useful part of the group).
Dixi We wrote:I still can do same level 4 missions easy solo, but like many mission runners I was hoping to see group oriented content in high sec space. Did I fall asleep and someone took incursions out of the game? |

Annunaki soldier
Segmentum Solar Nulli Legio
10
|
Posted - 2012.12.20 17:21:00 -
[10] - Quote
to the op.
Playing along is not power leveling. That way any raid on any mmo could not be existed just becuase you use more geared people to finish a raid so some other to get dressed. Powerleveling is also supported when it comes to professions , so that comment is not accurate to compare with eve.
The reasoning adapt or leave is not good when it comes to keep that game alive. Think that CCP has ruined the gameplay for many people atm. You see me saying that not becuase i want to be high sec you wont see me , but i do like the game and as any game new players are the most important thing to keep it alive. As soon as the community dies and all new subs are from our alts you will have a dead game Ride hard, live with passion-á |

Aren Madigan
University of Caille Gallente Federation
0
|
Posted - 2012.12.20 17:28:00 -
[11] - Quote
Not sure what its like for high levels, but level 1 and 2 missions, its not hard to wait until about 20 km to release drones and to press shift+r as the enemies in the immediate surroundings are clear. You'll avoid almost all drone agro that way. Granted, not being able to safely send them from max range can be a bit of an annoyance, but a minor one at best. |

Grombutz
Treasures Collectors Solar Citizens
15
|
Posted - 2012.12.21 02:36:00 -
[12] - Quote
Aptenodytes wrote:Dixi We wrote:1. PvE games with roles (tank, support, healer and so on) are much more fun Go play them then. I'm not just saying that flippantly to dismiss your concerns. It's just basic common sense. If you do not enjoy something, don't pay to do it. If you would rather be doing something else, then go do it. Life is short.
How can you be that shortsighted? I'm someone who is totally unaffected by the change (Belt-rats aren't that hard even with tje new AI), but I can see how the behaviour you propose is bad for EvE in generell. Maybe it's time to open your mind?
Dixi We wrote:3. It's absolutely impossible to play with newbie friends together. Before AI change it was fun to do level 4 missions together - they there looking, flying around, shooting frigate sized mobs, gathering loot and salvaging. Now it's all impossible due to random aggro switches. This is the EVE equivalent of "power levelling". Older players running around getting all the aggro and dealing most of the damage, while newbies hang around picking off the stragglers and gaining massive benefits, which they could never achieve on their own.
I think most of those other games you talk about so fondly, frown upon power levelling as well? So why should it be allowed in EVE?
You know that this "power leveling" (lol btw!) is something that keeps new players here? The option to earn serious ISK by the help of others is probably the only good thing as a new player in EvE. One of these options just died with the AI, which is not even remotely a good change. We will see what CCP will do once affected players stop paying.
Dixi We wrote:Whats the reason to play together if I have to filter my friends by "tank type and level"?! You don't have to filter your friends. You have to filter the activities that you can do based on the group you are flying with. If you have a 1 week old character then you do level 2's. If you can all fly cruisers or BC (or LOGI) then you do level 3's. If you're all good enough for level 4's, then you do that. Or you give the newbie a Noctis or destroyer to salvage (maybe boring but it's a useful part of the group).
Or, you ADAPT. How about getting a couple of you grizzled vets into logi cruisers and keeping the newbro's cruisers alive in the L4's? In fact they don't even need good cap skills now, just decent resists and a buffer. I'm sure a group of cruisers could quite easily to a L4 with logi support.
Oh yeah, adapt and bring some logi-pilots... you will need atleast 2 of them, and this makes you even more dependant from other players ;) Previously you could just say "hey newb, come one over and shoot some stuff" - this will be a "sry newb, we need to wait for logis" now - ofcourse this might work in WH's with specialized infrastructure and carrier-pilots, but it just won't work with newbs...
Dixi We wrote:I still can do same level 4 missions easy solo, but like many mission runners I was hoping to see group oriented content in high sec space. Did I fall asleep and someone took incursions out of the game?
You never tried incursions as a newb right? Did you know that it takes atleast 2 Months of pure training before someone would ever think about taking you there? I bet you didn't. Seriously, you need good infrastructure to do incursions in a competetive way and you will need some good ammounts of SP and a good ammount of ISK.. something that newbs don't have. Ofcourse even neewbie-corps can adapt, but it will take a long time because of a change which brought close to 0 benefits.
Anyway - main problem is that LV 4's should be a playground to gain ISK - making it harder to achieve reasonable ISK gains is not helpful. While older players don't have a problem with this, drone users and newbs are getting facepunched for no reason at all - rats killing your drones isn't more engaging, it's just a hassle and an annoyance. This was not the reason for the change, so it failed horrible in regards to missions - and to some degree on complex's.
Ofcourse, jealous idiots crying about missioning income won't get the deal, but yeah, I don't expect ya to do so anyway. |

Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
66
|
Posted - 2012.12.21 02:58:00 -
[13] - Quote
Grombutz wrote:I agree with the OP, the Drone AI should stay out of missioning up to lv3 or 4 atleast. If you want players to fleet up, give them Lv 5's in highsec and apply the AI there. This change was overall very bad, since it hurts the farming of a lot of players - If ppl can't afford stuff they like or run out of money to afford plexes, customer base will likely drop. Drone AI certainly is no problem at all in level 1 and 2 missions. Haven't checked out the others since retribution, currently playing a new toon with emphasis on drones.
Actually, my ofc subjective opinion is, that tiercide improved things so much for frigate to cruiser size ships, that level 1 and 2 got a decent nerf in difficulty. |

Grombutz
Treasures Collectors Solar Citizens
15
|
Posted - 2012.12.21 10:14:00 -
[14] - Quote
Mara Pahrdi wrote:Grombutz wrote:I agree with the OP, the Drone AI should stay out of missioning up to lv3 or 4 atleast. If you want players to fleet up, give them Lv 5's in highsec and apply the AI there. This change was overall very bad, since it hurts the farming of a lot of players - If ppl can't afford stuff they like or run out of money to afford plexes, customer base will likely drop. Drone AI certainly is no problem at all in level 1 and 2 missions. Haven't checked out the others since retribution, currently playing a new toon with emphasis on drones. Actually, my ofc subjective opinion is, that tiercide improved things so much for frigate to cruiser size ships, that level 1 and 2 got a decent nerf in difficulty.
I admit that I don't have a clue about missions after this change, yes, so it's completely subjective from my side aswell. We will see what happens in the future though, and I can't see anything good here. |

Rain6637
Team Evil
34
|
Posted - 2012.12.21 11:30:00 -
[15] - Quote
Aptenodytes wrote: Or, you ADAPT. How about getting a couple of you grizzled vets into logi cruisers and keeping the newbro's cruisers alive in the L4's? In fact they don't even need good cap skills now, just decent resists and a buffer. I'm sure a group of cruisers could quite easily to a L4 with logi support.
yep this. I'm tooting my own horn, but yeah... I can keep a lot of crap alive. if gangmates seem sketchy in the tank department, I bring rattlesnakes with L shield drones. if it looks like a failfleet I'll bring proper logistics (basilisks).
it's also a great opportunity to show them ships and weapons they've never seen before. my favorites are harpys and flycatchers. battleship-eating frigates and 2.5km/s rocket destroyers make an impression.
surely, a decent alliance has -some- capable logistics pilots who believe in teamwork (especially a high sec one)
____________________________________
ah, sh*t. I said this already |

Ra Jackson
CRIMINALS IN ACTION Pure Madness.
82
|
Posted - 2012.12.21 11:52:00 -
[16] - Quote
What is this drivel about Newbs in lvl4 missions? They are not supposed to run them, and if they do it's just reasonable to ask for proper logistics to keep them alive. Real Newbs should start at lvl1, earn their first cruiser alone, and so on. If you blow the ISK up their behinds you take a good part of the excitement and the essential first experiences away. |

Aptenodytes
Reckless Abandon
46
|
Posted - 2012.12.21 11:54:00 -
[17] - Quote
I'm pretty sure 5 new players could do level 4's quite easily, as long as 2 of them are in Ospreys. It's probably better to have at least one experienced player there, to co-ordinate them and help them stay alive; he can tell the other Osprey what to do. Sitting around for hours waiting for a pair of Basilisk pilots is simply unnecessary with the T1 cruiser changes. It's called teamwork people. Just because you can no longer invite newbies to just sit there popping a few frigs earning millions, does not mean the world is ending... put some freaking effort into finding a way to play together, rather than just complaining!
|

Syrias Bizniz
Carnivore Company
55
|
Posted - 2012.12.21 13:02:00 -
[18] - Quote
[Exequror, Mission Assistance] Medium Armor Repairer II Medium Armor Repairer II Armor Thermic Hardener II Armor Kinetic Hardener II Reactive Armor Hardener Capacitor Power Relay II
10MN Afterburner II Cap Recharger II Cap Recharger II Cap Recharger II
Medium 'Solace' Remote Bulwark Reconstruction Medium 'Solace' Remote Bulwark Reconstruction Small Remote Armor Repair System II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
With all V, stable. If you have a newb who is supposed to fly it, 1 medium and 1 small RR will work, too. Don't be afraid of the tank this thing can provide to a Battleship. I repped a Navy Mega vs stage aggro in an augoror with 2 small T2 reps.
[Augoror, Mission support] Reactive Armor Hardener Damage Control II Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II Limited Energized Adaptive Membrane I 800mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
10MN Afterburner II [empty med slot] [empty med slot]
Medium 'Solace' Remote Bulwark Reconstruction Medium 'Solace' Remote Bulwark Reconstruction Medium 'Solace' Remote Bulwark Reconstruction Medium 'Solace' Remote Bulwark Reconstruction Medium 'Regard' Power Projector
Medium Ancillary Current Router I empty rig slot empty rig slot
If you have a battleship with a spare highslot, fit a large regard power projector. Build capchain, use 2 mids and 2 rigs for whatever you feel is necessary. Tracking links, for example, as you will hug the battleship anyways.
And yeah, basically, both of these ships can support 1 or more Armor Mission BS who will be able to drop local tank, go for 3 hardeners (or 4, whatever), can drop capmods, fit tracking comps and more damage, while orbiting with it's afterburner around and permarunning it's 2 medium local reppers at a sig of 90m.
Concerning the dronehating NPCs: I have so far recognized in my vexor (yeah, lol) in 0.0 belts (yeah, no missions, but dem devs say dem ai be de same) that NPCs will shoot medium drones if there are medium drones out. I use a Hob, 2 Hammers and 2 Ogres, and IF they switch on a drone, it's ALWAYS one of the hammerheads. No exceptions. So maybe you should try using a Navy Medium drone that will orbit you close while 4 large or small drones mop up the field. If you have spare highs or a buddy in a support cruiser with you - i made a hobgoblin tank stageaggro in a Mordus with 3 small t2 reps on it. |

Talon Reese
Justified Chaos
1
|
Posted - 2012.12.21 13:02:00 -
[19] - Quote
Wow, carebear tears abound. Generally, in almost every MMO, you can't do the harder content without some progression first. The new AI makes farming an activity, at least slightly more interesting then warp in, put out sentries, go make sammich, come back in a while and loot. PVE content needs to be somewhat challenging at the higher levels, instead of a mindless semi-afk grind for isk. Personally, I think the newer AI actually encourages teamplay, the only difference is that if you want to bring along new players (that really aren't equipped to deal with the content) along, you have to be more on top of your game and provide them with some help. As opposed to "Hey, warp in now I've got all the aggro" and then then they can run around and shoot/loot with no repercussions. Adapt or ragequit. |

TheSkeptic
Federal Navy Academy Gallente Federation
72
|
Posted - 2012.12.21 14:39:00 -
[20] - Quote
Talon Reese wrote:The new AI makes farming an activity, at least slightly more interesting then warp in, put out sentries, go make sammich, come back in a while and loot. PVE content needs to be somewhat challenging at the higher levels, instead of a mindless semi-afk grind for isk.
Pretty much this... don't hate on CCP when it was the activities of players that let to the change. Lord Zim: I do the following in hisec, because it's less effort vs reward than doing the same in nullsec: - Ratting
|

Rain6637
Team Evil
38
|
Posted - 2012.12.21 18:38:00 -
[21] - Quote
i can't use out-in-the-open torp manticores anymore. so that sucks too. |

Rath Kelbore
Eviscerate.
299
|
Posted - 2012.12.21 20:16:00 -
[22] - Quote
do NOT get feared into the whelps
Eve PVE is/was far too easy. These changes are a move in the right direction. Being able to solo lvl 4 missions while AFK was never, as far as I know, the intention of CCP.
I haven't run missions in a long time, but I imagine they would be more fun if you have to actually try a little bit or run them with friends. I plan on living forever.......so far, so good. |

Grombutz
Treasures Collectors Solar Citizens
15
|
Posted - 2012.12.21 21:38:00 -
[23] - Quote
TheSkeptic wrote:Talon Reese wrote:The new AI makes farming an activity, at least slightly more interesting then warp in, put out sentries, go make sammich, come back in a while and loot. PVE content needs to be somewhat challenging at the higher levels, instead of a mindless semi-afk grind for isk. Pretty much this... don't hate on CCP when it was the activities of players that let to the change.
Then explain further why this hurts droneboats more than a missile-boat (which is almost complety unaffected). I can still sit there in my CNR beeing an F1 drone and never touch drones again, because... well, because I don't need drones at all? How does this change had any impact on mission running in a missile-boat? (oh and don't tell me I need to rely on drones to kill frigates - I rly don't) |

Dato Koppla
Blue Republic RvB - BLUE Republic
102
|
Posted - 2012.12.22 04:15:00 -
[24] - Quote
Grombutz wrote:TheSkeptic wrote:Talon Reese wrote:The new AI makes farming an activity, at least slightly more interesting then warp in, put out sentries, go make sammich, come back in a while and loot. PVE content needs to be somewhat challenging at the higher levels, instead of a mindless semi-afk grind for isk. Pretty much this... don't hate on CCP when it was the activities of players that let to the change. Then explain further why this hurts droneboats more than a missile-boat (which is almost complety unaffected). I can still sit there in my CNR beeing an F1 drone and never touch drones again, because... well, because I don't need drones at all. How does this change had any impact on mission running in a missile-boat? (oh and don't tell me I need to rely on drones to kill frigates - I rly don't) Where is all the excitement from this change? I need to do the same as allways, Lock on, Press F1, repeat? Where is all the excitement for high skilled pilots in their turret-boats? They instapop frigs like they have done before? Sry guyz, but what you are saying is complete nonsense - this isn't about excitement or "grinding 4's is an activity now!!!" - it's just a slap in the face of less experienced players and boats that rely on drones - If you can't see why this is bad for the game then, then srsly, get some glasses. Yeah, I haven't run missions in a while since I'm mining - but even there, nothing has changed. I still shot rats on sight and I'm not noticing a change in behaviour at all. Where is the benefit from this change? *Hint* - there is none. ;)
You've clearly never flown a CNR because if all your light drones die and you're pointed, you're dead, you can shoot the scrambling frigate as much as you want with cruise, most elite frigs will still easily perma tank your missiles. Additionally, the premier L4 droneboat, the Domi runs with Sentries which are the least effected by this patch as you can pull them in/deploy instantly. |

Komari Vosa
Intoxicated Endeavors Inc.
0
|
Posted - 2012.12.22 05:54:00 -
[25] - Quote
Okay, been a while since I've posted on the forums so bare with me.
Why not just plate the newbie ships then use logi to keep them alive. Don't tell me that logi ships can't survive. We are now allowed to use MWDs in deadspace. It used to be a hamper in many ways. Why not just run the logi like we do in PvP fleets. Nano the logi and add an MWD. Then just make sure to keep transversals high, and well out of the rats engagement range. IE armor rep the plated n00bs with PvP style logi. |

Grombutz
Treasures Collectors Solar Citizens
16
|
Posted - 2012.12.22 09:10:00 -
[26] - Quote
Dato Koppla wrote:Grombutz wrote:TheSkeptic wrote:Talon Reese wrote:The new AI makes farming an activity, at least slightly more interesting then warp in, put out sentries, go make sammich, come back in a while and loot. PVE content needs to be somewhat challenging at the higher levels, instead of a mindless semi-afk grind for isk. Pretty much this... don't hate on CCP when it was the activities of players that let to the change. Then explain further why this hurts droneboats more than a missile-boat (which is almost complety unaffected). I can still sit there in my CNR beeing an F1 drone and never touch drones again, because... well, because I don't need drones at all. How does this change had any impact on mission running in a missile-boat? (oh and don't tell me I need to rely on drones to kill frigates - I rly don't) Where is all the excitement from this change? I need to do the same as allways, Lock on, Press F1, repeat? Where is all the excitement for high skilled pilots in their turret-boats? They instapop frigs like they have done before? Sry guyz, but what you are saying is complete nonsense - this isn't about excitement or "grinding 4's is an activity now!!!" - it's just a slap in the face of less experienced players and boats that rely on drones - If you can't see why this is bad for the game then, then srsly, get some glasses. Yeah, I haven't run missions in a while since I'm mining - but even there, nothing has changed. I still shot rats on sight and I'm not noticing a change in behaviour at all. Where is the benefit from this change? *Hint* - there is none. ;) You've clearly never flown a CNR because if all your light drones die and you're pointed, you're dead, you can shoot the scrambling frigate as much as you want with cruise, most elite frigs will still easily perma tank your missiles. Additionally, the premier L4 droneboat, the Domi runs with Sentries which are the least effected by this patch as you can pull them in/deploy instantly.
Some wise man said that you should shut your mouth if you have no clue what you are talking about. you have clearly never flown a proper fitted CNR, please stop posting now - my eyes are bleeding from reading your crap.
If you need drones to kill friggs in a CNR, you are doing it really, really, really wrong. |

Rain6637
Team Evil
42
|
Posted - 2012.12.22 21:23:00 -
[27] - Quote
or you could just suggest rigor and flare missile rigs http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Buckingham <-all items in market cost 100 ISK on the test server ;-) [[I found my capital ship PVE, and carebear utopia. Buckingham is my vanilla sky]] |

Annunaki soldier
Segmentum Solar Nulli Legio
16
|
Posted - 2012.12.22 22:09:00 -
[28] - Quote
there is no turret boat that actually needs drones to kill npc. You might need drones to kill frigates so that you dont shoot em and clear out things faster, but thats different thing. As for those that likes to call other carebears , unless you buy plex for your pvp costs then stfu , you doing the same. It their option not to pvp because the like other content from you or me. Instead try to help to make em pvp and maybe you will see em in front of you. Ride hard, live with passion-á |

Freyja Asynjur
Folkvangr Unknown Phenomena
1
|
Posted - 2012.12.23 00:15:00 -
[29] - Quote
What I've read: OP > missions can't be done in group, as the NPC parodyAI doesn't permit roles most repliers > don't AFK solo missions, run them with logistics

Someone suggested to run missions like a PVP op. This is also what I think should be a good thing, but the new parodyAI is exactly failing at that (that is, if you believe PVP in EVE can be something else than blobs and calling primaries).
From my point of view, the only ships able to run missions efficiently right now are the very stereotypical PVE ships, everything else tends to get smashed in the face: MWD, e-war, small tank/high dps fits seem to draw aggro like crazy, and the good old snail-y, overtanked/low dps fits are pretty much free to move.
Not that I care much about missions for themselves, but I get a little annoyed in the inside when I instantly draw whole room aggro over Marauders and BS in a frig or cruiser.
Anyway, adapt or die. |

Akuma Tsukai
24th Imperial Crusade Amarr Empire
33
|
Posted - 2012.12.23 01:35:00 -
[30] - Quote
Annunaki soldier wrote:there is no turret boat that actually needs drones to kill npc. You might need drones to kill frigates so that you dont shoot em and clear out things faster, but thats different thing. As for those that likes to call other carebears , unless you buy plex for your pvp costs then stfu , you doing the same. It their option not to pvp because the like other content from you or me. Instead try to help to make em pvp and maybe you will see em in front of you. Blood and sansha NPCs want to have a word with you. Serps too. |

Annunaki soldier
Segmentum Solar Nulli Legio
16
|
Posted - 2012.12.23 01:50:00 -
[31] - Quote
i know about that ewar Akuma. Still there is things you can do for passing the ecm - ts - sd . Also those insane fast frings that close up to you there are modules that you will hit em . I been all over high sec doing lvl 4 just to try the changes before i leave again for nullsec. I still do believe the worst ship to fly on any of those spaces are the drone boats. Sentry boats tend to win though because redeploying them is fast enough but all other just dont have a chance. As for turret boats you have options to tweak em according to your missions and what you expect inside there Ride hard, live with passion-á |

Elrich Kouvo
Science and Trade Institute Caldari State
20
|
Posted - 2012.12.23 02:24:00 -
[32] - Quote
Rain6637 wrote:"tanking" is a somewhat exploit tactic that was patched. honestly, did that feel normal to you, or like something was broken and you were gaming an AI. everyone gets a piece http://i.imgur.com/UU5YH.jpg I think CCP rushed the new AI without balancing the current missions accordingly. |

Akuma Tsukai
24th Imperial Crusade Amarr Empire
33
|
Posted - 2012.12.23 05:21:00 -
[33] - Quote
Annunaki soldier wrote:i know about that ewar Akuma. Still there is things you can do for passing the ecm - ts - sd . Also those insane fast frings that close up to you there are modules that you will hit em . I been all over high sec doing lvl 4 just to try the changes before i leave again for nullsec. I still do believe the worst ship to fly on any of those spaces are the drone boats. Sentry boats tend to win though because redeploying them is fast enough but all other just dont have a chance. As for turret boats you have options to tweak em according to your missions and what you expect inside there I have no use for pathetic exuses you make. The obly way to counter TD as a turret ship were drones. The only way to counter sensor damp were drones. ECM too but since ECM can miss you can actually live with it. So tell me, how am i supposed to kill that 30 km orbit elite cruiser without drones? Especially if there are 10+ of them (quite an often sight). Hint for mentally disabled: fitting counter modules doesnt work.
|

Sgt LoveDragon
Center for Advanced Studies Gallente Federation
8
|
Posted - 2012.12.23 05:24:00 -
[34] - Quote
Rain6637 wrote:Aptenodytes wrote: Or, you ADAPT. How about getting a couple of you grizzled vets into logi cruisers and keeping the newbro's cruisers alive in the L4's? In fact they don't even need good cap skills now, just decent resists and a buffer. I'm sure a group of cruisers could quite easily to a L4 with logi support.
yep this. I'm tooting my own horn, but yeah... I can keep a lot of crap alive. if gangmates seem sketchy in the tank department, I bring rattlesnakes with L shield drones. if it looks like a failfleet I'll bring proper logistics (basilisks). it's also a great opportunity to show them ships and weapons they've never seen before. my favorites are harpys and flycatchers. battleship-eating frigates and 2.5km/s rocket destroyers make an impression. surely, a decent alliance has -some- capable logistics pilots who believe in teamwork (especially a high sec one) ____________________________________ ah, sh*t. I said this already
Thought about replying why you were wrong on most of what you said in earlier posts. Then i read this and realized theres not much anyone can do to help you. I wont lie using a flycatcher to do missions for the sake of showing off is pro. Very pro. Sucks when those npcs warp off. |

Sgt LoveDragon
Center for Advanced Studies Gallente Federation
8
|
Posted - 2012.12.23 05:26:00 -
[35] - Quote
Annunaki soldier wrote:there is no turret boat that actually needs drones to kill npc. You might need drones to kill frigates so that you dont shoot em and clear out things faster, but thats different thing. As for those that likes to call other carebears , unless you buy plex for your pvp costs then stfu , you doing the same. It their option not to pvp because the like other content from you or me. Instead try to help to make em pvp and maybe you will see em in front of you.
Does the turret based ship TD'd to below scram npc frigate orbit range need drones? I don't know what eve server some of you people play on but i'm sure mushrooms are a consumable. |

Alex Rockefeller
Infinite Improbability Inc Relativity Alliance
0
|
Posted - 2012.12.23 11:48:00 -
[36] - Quote
While I agree with some other points around noobs earning their stripes I have to say I'm very disappointing by the changes. I feel like every SP I've poured in to drones is wasted.
- The DPS from drones is significantly reduced by having to constantly pull them back into the drone bay that there is no point in carrying them for PvE.
- The number of drones you are likely to lose means low level missions are unprofitable in a drone boat.
- Finally solo mining in low/null-sec in anything less than a well tanked exhumer is impossible when your drones can't dps for long enough to be any use.
|

Nor Tzestu
Ministry of War Amarr Empire
52
|
Posted - 2012.12.23 21:49:00 -
[37] - Quote
I fly lots of ships in missions, and as such just don't have any problems. They want to eat my drones? Fine, grab a Maelstrom or Tengu. Whatever. My problem with the NPE is the pace they can outrace their standings. It's really not all that much work to get level 4's from a faction. In fact I've always thought it was to fast. It's quite easy to have level 3 missions and not be able to afford or have the proper skills for a suitable ship. The jump in difficulty form 3 to 4 is quite pronounced for a new player. Convincing them staying in level 3's and "blitzing" them till they have the proper skills has been my most effective tactic but it doesn't always work. Bringing them into a 4 and showing them the huge increase in dps/tank they will need used to be a real eye opener. Now? I can't in good conscience do that anymore. It's a death sentence now. Not a huge deal I suppose but was always nice to show, not tell how things needed to be done.
Every race has several top notch t1 ships now though for missions in the 1/2/3 level. Gearing up newbs is easier than ever and giving them hulls with real relative skill progression is great. All in all I think the NPE is far superior to even 6 months ago. IF they aren't safe in a level 4 anymore I think it's a small price to pay. IF your that concerned about the NPE, start a corp and help train them. Teach them the new AI, how to fit a ship, how to mission the most efficient way and pass out salvage destroyers if all else fails. I'm sorry the slow moving portable gun systems so many enjoyed aren't as efficient anymore. But honestly outside of level 4 missions those weren't good for a whole lot anyhow. |

Dixi We
Da Mashine
10
|
Posted - 2012.12.24 15:11:00 -
[38] - Quote
1. Should I watch my drones better? Drone users already had disadvantages compared to other damage sources: - we had to stay at place since sentry drones do not move. - we still were able to gain aggro on drones, just less often. - we have no dedicated drone ships (by bonuses). - our damage methods are less effective in PvP - out damage source - drones - are most expensive to loose, when we have to warp out fast That were already made drone users even or worser to other damage dealing methods. Additional disadvantages are too much of trouble.
2. Veteran players could take newbie friends with them tanked, escorted logistic ships and so on. That's all too complicated and ineffective. Do you really think that 2-3 newbies can kill big pocket spawn in level 4 mission in reasonable time, even if kept alive by logistic? Before AI change it was possible to invite newbies to collect loot, to salvage or just to fly around big npc baddies and shoot them for fun. Some of those activities were profitable for newbies, while others, like shooting and flying together were more social.
3. They nerfed Powerleveling?!... bla-bla. What you talking about? There is no exp gain, and standing gain for mission could be shared even without flying into deadspace. |

Nor Tzestu
Prop 117 For Anti-Miner Rights
53
|
Posted - 2012.12.25 15:27:00 -
[39] - Quote
Dixi We wrote:1. Should I watch my drones better? Drone users already had disadvantages compared to other damage sources: - we had to stay at place since sentry drones do not move. - we still were able to gain aggro on drones, just less often. - we have no dedicated drone ships (by bonuses). - our damage methods are less effective in PvP - out damage source - drones - are most expensive to loose, when we have to warp out fast That were already made drone users even or worser to other damage dealing methods. Additional disadvantages are too much of trouble.
I'm sorry but this really bugs me. You do have drone ships, starting at t1 frig level now. But every drone ship also has support weapons. The Dominix in particular is capable of some pretty decent DPS without it's drones. And to be honest you should be using sentry drones anyhow that fight from range and have a pretty decent tank in level 4's.
|

Sir John Halsey
7
|
Posted - 2012.12.25 16:07:00 -
[40] - Quote
Akuma Tsukai wrote:Annunaki soldier wrote:i know about that ewar Akuma. Still there is things you can do for passing the ecm - ts - sd . Also those insane fast frings that close up to you there are modules that you will hit em . I been all over high sec doing lvl 4 just to try the changes before i leave again for nullsec. I still do believe the worst ship to fly on any of those spaces are the drone boats. Sentry boats tend to win though because redeploying them is fast enough but all other just dont have a chance. As for turret boats you have options to tweak em according to your missions and what you expect inside there I have no use for pathetic exuses you make. The only way to counter TD as a turret ship were drones. The only way to counter sensor damp were drones. ECM too but since ECM can miss you can actually live with it. So tell me, how am i supposed to kill that 30 km orbit elite cruiser without drones? Especially if there are 10+ of them (quite an often sight). Hint for mentally disabled: fitting counter modules doesnt work.
Fit long range guns, missiles, lasers. Warp in, kill 1 NPC, bookmark. When NPCs come close warp out before they start the ewar. Warp in at a distance close to the range of your guns, kill NPCs, boomark, warp out when NPCs are close. Repeat.
Works for me on non gated areas and i never used drones and never died in missions. |

Makre
Heodener
3
|
Posted - 2012.12.25 16:28:00 -
[41] - Quote
1) The drone aggro is uncool . (im primarily a missile person) But still many missions now have peram drone aggro (t2 lights far better, i cannot even use meds FAR too much aggro). So subpar pvp boats rattles a few others are now also subpar pve boats. (basically more boats not with their construction cost). I am pretty active on rpgs and other gaming sites and when given advice i often told new players Gal is a good bet, Min too (Cal is easy). But now i have to tell them just fly Min you really don't have other options, should it be that way no. NOTE i tell them everything is viable, but people act those questions because they want the best. I have to tell them not to play Gal (works until l3s). That right there is the state of this build. NOOBs no gal, pve no drones, pvp drones weak also. Thats an issue, by any standard.
I almost always solo, when i play eve, i aint got no friends, id say 5 years ago i did i had a kick grouping. It apparent how this ai is a bad idea. If someone is flying a turd support ship , LET THEM SUPPORT. Tackles or just dps ships LET THEM DPS. Allow effective team play. I mean thsi game is already FAR TOO LITTLE of a group game for the general carebear. Any reason that can be given to increase grouping / multi-play is a good deal... this did the opposite. (i would have increased l5 rewards, increase damage etc. but allowed aggro management. The op has this 100% correct, give people a reason to use dps builds, with a tank and a support or two).
|

Akuma Tsukai
24th Imperial Crusade Amarr Empire
43
|
Posted - 2012.12.25 23:49:00 -
[42] - Quote
Sir John Halsey wrote:
Fit long range guns, missiles, lasers. Warp in, kill 1 NPC, bookmark. When NPCs come close warp out before they start the ewar. Warp in at a distance close to the range of your guns, kill NPCs, boomark, warp out when NPCs are close. Repeat.
Works for me on non gated areas and i never used drones and never died in missions.
And yet another moron theory crafter showed up. well "Works for me on non gated areas" is enough of a proof for your idiocity, since many missions are gated. Also, just for you information: NPCs have instant lock. NPC ewar range as long as any of your guns range. Many areas have gates, often multiple ones. Your "solution" will not work even in missions, let alone non mission PVE. And finally, you are an imbecile. But as i am a kind man, ill give you a good adice: fly caldari missile boats. Then you wont have to warp out 200 times per mission and might even actually complete it for the first time in your life. |

Rexorol
Gallentian Legitimate Businessmen
8
|
Posted - 2012.12.26 22:34:00 -
[43] - Quote
I was pretty happy having a Tengu tanking, a drone boat alt assisting with sentries, and a third char in a Noctis or Command ship. Very low-stress, and I felt like I was maximizing my profit on each mission, even though the missions themselves weren't that much faster than going alone.
The new AI pretty much screws that up, since my drone bone has to constantly micromanage sentries. My Noctis can't even peek into a mission pocket until everything is cleared or he gets popped.
I already re-skilled my main from a Tengu into a Mach. I am not going to bother with re-skilling my drone and salvager though, and plan on just letting those accounts expire.
So, I will say the new AI was a brilliant move on CCP's part for allowing me to save 66% on my monthly subscription fees. Thanks for showing me I was doing it wrong all these years and should have just been flying a solo Mach all along. |

CaiIyn Dove
Perkone Caldari State
10
|
Posted - 2012.12.26 23:25:00 -
[44] - Quote
Just confirmed that the op has not do any mission with his invisable newbie friends after the patch.
Obviously bringing a cruiser or whatever can effectively save your drones while the newbie can still tank easily. |

Sir John Halsey
7
|
Posted - 2012.12.27 00:50:00 -
[45] - Quote
Akuma Tsukai wrote:Sir John Halsey wrote:
Fit long range guns, missiles, lasers. Warp in, kill 1 NPC, bookmark. When NPCs come close warp out before they start the ewar. Warp in at a distance close to the range of your guns, kill NPCs, boomark, warp out when NPCs are close. Repeat.
Works for me on non gated areas and i never used drones and never died in missions.
And yet another moron theory crafter showed up. well "Works for me on non gated areas" is enough of a proof for your idiocity, since many missions are gated. Also, just for you information: NPCs have instant lock. NPC ewar range as long as any of your guns range. Many areas have gates, often multiple ones. Your "solution" will not work even in missions, let alone non mission PVE. And finally, you are an imbecile. But as i am a kind man, ill give you a good adice: fly caldari missile boats. Then you wont have to warp out 200 times per mission and might even actually complete it for the first time in your life.
Idiots lacking comprehension ... or missing the skill entirely.
Take it for what it is. I gave you a hint. You think you are smart but you expect A to Z solutions ... oh well... sux to be you. |

Mario Rin
Unrepentant Gaming
1
|
Posted - 2012.12.27 11:07:00 -
[46] - Quote
Aye.. New ai requires new tactics.. and the new t1 cruisers actually make it worthwhile to fly logi in missions/plexes before you get to flying the tech 2..
1 osprey with 4 medium shields xfers (meta 4) and 1 medium cap xfer(t2), kept a 4 man fleet alive running lvl 4,, a Talos, a drake, and a raven.. plus the osprey.. I did have the drake put a power transfer in his utility high slot, and the raven put one shield rep to keep my osprey from going "Pop" when the room decided it was time to try to kill it..
with a second osprey as a cap buddy it would have gone more smoothly, but we made it work. |

Mara Garrdin
True Argons Fidelas Constans
5
|
Posted - 2012.12.27 18:40:00 -
[47] - Quote
Dixi We wrote:1. PvE games with roles (tank, support, healer and so on) are much more fun.
lolno go back to WoW (or any of the myriad of ****** fantasy-mmorpgs, for that matter) if you like roles eve is different, eve is NO PvE-game and eve most certainly doesn't give a ****, so grow a pair and deal with it |

Brent Oskold
Republic University Minmatar Republic
0
|
Posted - 2012.12.27 18:51:00 -
[48] - Quote
I lost about 5b running L5 missions after the new expansion. Totally broke me. I even moved down to L4's and lost a freaking dual repped navy domi. My main lost that with 4 years of mission skills. Insane. Needless to say I canceled both my accounts. If ccp wants to punish the pve'ers for not buying into their pvp business model of hemoraging isk and plex to fund new ships, well they can do it without me and my accounts.
**** ccp. See if you can keep the servers running with only pvpers paying you. |

Looka Disapproval
Brule Story Co.
0
|
Posted - 2012.12.27 23:23:00 -
[49] - Quote
Hearing you guys bleat and wail about how much harder missions have become almost makes me want to fly back down to empire and try some of them out again. They sure weren't even remotely difficult before! |

Annunaki soldier
Segmentum Solar Nulli Legio
45
|
Posted - 2012.12.27 23:38:00 -
[50] - Quote
Talon Reese wrote:Wow, carebear tears abound. Generally, in almost every MMO, you can't do the harder content without some progression first. The new AI makes farming an activity, at least slightly more interesting then warp in, put out sentries, go make sammich, come back in a while and loot. PVE content needs to be somewhat challenging at the higher levels, instead of a mindless semi-afk grind for isk. Personally, I think the newer AI actually encourages teamplay, the only difference is that if you want to bring along new players (that really aren't equipped to deal with the content) along, you have to be more on top of your game and provide them with some help. As opposed to "Hey, warp in now I've got all the aggro" and then then they can run around and shoot/loot with no repercussions. Adapt or ragequit.
The newer ai doest encourage teamplay. It encourage people to either dual box (kills solo) for content that ment to be for solo play (missioning is ) , also makes things.. meh for high end exploration sites. I would prefer to have actually fix the content to work with the new ai first the release it . Patching it can reveal that .. things are not working as intended  Ride hard, live with passion-á |

Akuma Tsukai
24th Imperial Crusade Amarr Empire
54
|
Posted - 2012.12.27 23:48:00 -
[51] - Quote
Looka Disapproval wrote:Hearing you guys bleat and wail about how much harder missions have become almost makes me want to fly back down to empire and try some of them out again. They sure weren't even remotely difficult before! They arent harder one bit, they are just infinitely more frustrating. Well and more than half of the ships are now banned from doing them effectively. That is all. |

Brent Oskold
Republic University Minmatar Republic
1
|
Posted - 2012.12.28 08:34:00 -
[52] - Quote
They are only harder if you try and run them the same way you always have, but to run them how you have to now is terribly boring. If they want to make them more annoying, fine, but expand the reward. You don't get a promotion at work with more responsibilities and still make the same money. Missions now take longer and are infinitely more annoying but pay the same.
The rats in eve are ****. They do things that no player could do. They instantly lock and fire on you. BS can hit a small drone from 2km. Then with all the ewar and incredible dps/tank they drop ******* meta 0 bullshit. Total cop out fail ai. CCP has been nerfing pve for years. You used to be able to salvage 20-50m isk in a L4 mission. Now ur lucky to get 5m.
Eve just isn't fun anymore for ppl that don't like to pay to play. I recommend everyone to cancel their accounts and tell ccp why. Don't keep playing a game that is garbage. Don't ***** about **** if ur still paying ccp. |

Mario Rin
Unrepentant Gaming
1
|
Posted - 2012.12.28 08:44:00 -
[53] - Quote
Brent Oskold wrote:They are only harder if you try and run them the same way you always have, but to run them how you have to now is terribly boring. If they want to make them more annoying, fine, but expand the reward. You don't get a promotion at work with more responsibilities and still make the same money. Missions now take longer and are infinitely more annoying but pay the same.
The rats in eve are ****. They do things that no player could do. They instantly lock and fire on you. BS can hit a small drone from 2km. Then with all the ewar and incredible dps/tank they drop ******* meta 0 bullshit. Total cop out fail ai. CCP has been nerfing pve for years. You used to be able to salvage 20-50m isk in a L4 mission. Now ur lucky to get 5m.
Eve just isn't fun anymore for ppl that don't like to pay to play. I recommend everyone to cancel their accounts and tell ccp why. Don't keep playing a game that is garbage. Don't ***** about **** if ur still paying ccp.
As I said before, they're not harder, and they don't take significantly longer that I can tell. They DO require you to do them differently, and they do also encourage group play instead of solo.
Also, as far as I can tell, there's much faster ways to make isk in pve content.
Missions seem to me to be a way to raise standings with a corp, gain some LP, and socialize with some friends..
Fastest non incursion isk I've made was in north provi NRDS space running plexes..
|

whaynethepain
62
|
Posted - 2012.12.29 03:12:00 -
[54] - Quote
The entire issue is because the carrier cannot lock enough targets. If a carrier could pre-lock all it's fighters, reps could be applied during damage. I would like my carrier to lock 20 targets I think. Getting you on your feet.
So you've further to fall. |

Annunaki soldier
Segmentum Solar Nulli Legio
56
|
Posted - 2012.12.29 03:47:00 -
[55] - Quote
Mario Rin wrote:Brent Oskold wrote:They are only harder if you try and run them the same way you always have, but to run them how you have to now is terribly boring. If they want to make them more annoying, fine, but expand the reward. You don't get a promotion at work with more responsibilities and still make the same money. Missions now take longer and are infinitely more annoying but pay the same.
The rats in eve are ****. They do things that no player could do. They instantly lock and fire on you. BS can hit a small drone from 2km. Then with all the ewar and incredible dps/tank they drop ******* meta 0 bullshit. Total cop out fail ai. CCP has been nerfing pve for years. You used to be able to salvage 20-50m isk in a L4 mission. Now ur lucky to get 5m.
Eve just isn't fun anymore for ppl that don't like to pay to play. I recommend everyone to cancel their accounts and tell ccp why. Don't keep playing a game that is garbage. Don't ***** about **** if ur still paying ccp. As I said before, they're not harder, and they don't take significantly longer that I can tell. They DO require you to do them differently, and they do also encourage group play instead of solo. Also, as far as I can tell, there's much faster ways to make isk in pve content. Missions seem to me to be a way to raise standings with a corp, gain some LP, and socialize with some friends.. Fastest non incursion isk I've made was in north provi NRDS space running plexes..
If you want to be socialising and be on pve there is something called incursions. There are some great people running them and for sure you may be just shooting red crosses , but teamspeak pays for the fun.
Missions are for solo gameplay. Thats why they have crap rewards. You do em when you want to be doing something by yourself.
Its not all about making isk/hour you know. If you really all into that then nothing in game can compare with market trading in profits. But as all things are content , they also ment to be satisfy the people searching for it. For drone lovers that content really lost its attractiveness
Ride hard, live with passion-á |

masternerdguy
Inner Shadow C.L.O.N.E.
1049
|
Posted - 2012.12.29 04:46:00 -
[56] - Quote
Level 4s aren't really new player content, in fact they are the highest level mission most people will ever take on. Things are only impossible until they are not. |

Darius Brinn
Iberians Iberians.
172
|
Posted - 2013.01.02 12:12:00 -
[57] - Quote
Brent Oskold wrote:I lost about 5b running L5 missions after the new expansion. Totally broke me. I even moved down to L4's and lost a freaking dual repped navy domi. My main lost that with 4 years of mission skills. Insane. Needless to say I canceled both my accounts. If ccp wants to punish the pve'ers for not buying into their pvp business model of hemoraging isk and plex to fund new ships, well they can do it without me and my accounts.
**** ccp. See if you can keep the servers running with only pvpers paying you.
How, in the name of Zeus' ****hole, did you manage to lose a dual repped Navy Dominix with 4 years of navy skills?
Yes, drones get targeted, alright. But the only real problem is losing your small drones and being unable to warp away if you need to.
So you pop frigates first (which Garde II's do nicely from 25-30km and further, and any Sentries beyond that) and release the Lights if you get pointed. Micromanage them, and you don't lose them.
I have not lost a single freaking drone since the AI change. Not one. And I fly them solo. If they start dropping beyond half shield, you call them back and that's it.
Missions take a bit more time now, but talking about cancelling accounts?
Dude, the era of releasing the Ogres and coming back later is over, but that's about it. |

Grombutz
Treasures Collectors Solar Citizens
49
|
Posted - 2013.01.02 12:50:00 -
[58] - Quote
masternerdguy wrote:Level 4s aren't really new player content, in fact they are the highest level mission most people will ever take on.
Another failposting, yay.
Lv4's are solo content, and making it more annoying (let's face it, that is ALL this change has done) won't give better results. Not for CCP, not for PvE-players and especially not for PvP-Players.
In addition, lv4's aren't the highest mission most people will ever take on because they are hard. It's because they are the highest missions in Highsec, and this won't change till Lv5's are back in highsec or missionboats become viable in PvP. With CCP beeing a bunch of devs out of touch and with no clue about marketing at all, this fact will never change, because servers will shut down before they do even consider. :D |

Lutin Ballista
Ballista Investment Corp
52
|
Posted - 2013.01.02 12:51:00 -
[59] - Quote
Rain6637 wrote:stop. older players need to tell new pilots how it is. if level 4 missions were easier, they'd be called level 3's.
I don't feel bad for new players attempting to pilot battleships or run level 4's. I stayed in cormorants and ran level 1 and 2 missions for two years because my corp told me to. there is such a thing as "old school."
to me, level 4 missions were the realm of gods for almost 3 years. respect them.
I carry the logi capability to keep newb pilots alive. ...2 month old mega pilots fitted with rails and 1 missile launcher, and full room aggro. If you will allow them in your fleet, you should be able to handle the rep burden.
100% agree. If a little minnow wants to play with the big fish he has to expect to be eaten or needs to have bigger fish to look after him.
I love my rattlesnake. Losing a few low value drones is nothing compared to the mission pay off. |

Cyrvys en Distel
Center for Advanced Studies Gallente Federation
6
|
Posted - 2013.01.02 21:27:00 -
[60] - Quote
Ra Jackson wrote:What is this drivel about Newbs in lvl4 missions? They are not supposed to run them, and if they do it's just reasonable to ask for proper logistics to keep them alive. Real Newbs should start at lvl1, earn their first cruiser alone, and so on. If you blow the ISK up their behinds you take a good part of the excitement and the essential first experiences away.
And once you take those essential experiences away, every time a fairly easy-to-adapt to change comes around, they will be up in arms about how this one single thing is what is going to completely destroy the entire game :P |

Cyrvys en Distel
Center for Advanced Studies Gallente Federation
6
|
Posted - 2013.01.02 21:31:00 -
[61] - Quote
Brent Oskold wrote:I lost about 5b running L5 missions after the new expansion. Totally broke me. I even moved down to L4's and lost a freaking dual repped navy domi. My main lost that with 4 years of mission skills. Insane. Needless to say I canceled both my accounts. If ccp wants to punish the pve'ers for not buying into their pvp business model of hemoraging isk and plex to fund new ships, well they can do it without me and my accounts.
**** ccp. See if you can keep the servers running with only pvpers paying you.
As others have said, what your main REALLY lost was no a dual-repped Navy Domi, what you lost was the misguided belief that you had a clue what you were doing, when clearly, you did not. What you should do, is not just put the skills into your training queue, but actually learn how to use your skills :P |

Leetha Layne
52
|
Posted - 2013.01.03 17:04:00 -
[62] - Quote
First off, Level 4s are not for new players. Secondly I ran a bunch of 4s last night in my Domi with absolutely no issues with my sentries.
Go try drones on Sleepers then complain. |

Flakey Foont
193
|
Posted - 2013.01.03 17:11:00 -
[63] - Quote
Dang I leave for a few months and the place is taken over by a nest of whiny mouth-breathers....
Lost a dual-rep Navy Domi.......in a mission???....you must be very good at EVE.
Good AI = Moar fun! |

Hugh Jappendage
Brutor Tribe Minmatar Republic
0
|
Posted - 2013.01.03 17:25:00 -
[64] - Quote
I wish CCP would put some sort of drone like a sentry or something into the game....
New AI more alike sleeper is no challenge, no problem and no cause for the lovely tears on here. We're still running DED 10/10 in Delve (neuting) with 2 RR sentry Domi's and a Napoc....
But don't tell everyone it's easy....
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |