| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Aurelius Valentius
Imperial Academy Amarr Empire
316
|
Posted - 2013.01.02 00:05:00 -
[1] - Quote
I have a couple posts going and I am having a great bit of fun wwith EFT-Warrior and "Buckingham" atm... and something hit me in playing around here:
I know that BC tried to make a play for the doctrine/gang setups but I don't think that ever came to anything. but I had a thought and wanted to tap the brilliance of the many here in the forums, here is my question, thought and I suppose a challenge.
The Hulls: 1x Paladin 1x Absolution 1x Pligrim 1x Guardian 1x Retribution 1x Crusader
6x pilots with EFT all 5s
The organization: 6x odd people that decide they can only ever fly "red ships" [cause they is go-fasta red] and they want to fly these in a gang, T2 is the basic Tech for the fits.
They could do missions, HS, LS, NULL, or WH space, they want to optimize these 6x ships for each role/job in a gang for PvE [in the idea of doing L4s, or L5s, or WHs.
How would you fit each one of these hulls so that they all work well togther and can function together as a organized gang?
It seems that the are as follows:
Paladin - Dmg Dealer/Salvage Absolution - Dmg Dealing/Boosting Pilgrim - Drone Boat/Cover Ops [Scouting] with Dmg Dealing Guardian - Logi Support Retribution - Dmg Dealing Anti-Tackle/Anti EW rats Crusader - Tackle/Damage/ Anti-Tackle/Anti EW rats, super fast Supply Runner
Anyone want to take a stab at EFT warrrior a functional fleet using this as a base and share? this is kind of a "can it be done" - not a "why would you do it this way" - take it in the spirit of an mental planning challenge. I think personally it would "look" very nice in space, matching is always important... lol. but also it sort of seems that Carthum does have a line of ships that kind of lend themselves to a small fleet gang work. Look at all the Macks in local...impressive...very impressive...I see you have fashioned a new exhumer...much like you father's...your skills as a miner are now complete...indeed you are powerful as CCP Devs have foreseen. -á312 people are confused. |

Escomboli
Pod Collectors
98
|
Posted - 2013.01.02 02:10:00 -
[2] - Quote
Paladin set up to RR and cap chain with the Guardian using its 3 spare hi slots is the nly way that fleet is tanking hi end PvE or a PvP situation (better remote ECCM the Pally for PvP tho from somewhere)
|

Aurelius Valentius
Imperial Academy Amarr Empire
316
|
Posted - 2013.01.02 03:28:00 -
[3] - Quote
Escomboli wrote:Paladin set up to RR and cap chain with the Guardian using its 3 spare hi slots is the nly way that fleet is tanking hi end PvE or a PvP situation (better remote ECCM the Pally for PvP tho from somewhere)
How would you fit each? could you post the way that is setup? I am not sure what you are thinking here. Look at all the Macks in local...impressive...very impressive...I see you have fashioned a new exhumer...much like you father's...your skills as a miner are now complete...indeed you are powerful as CCP Devs have foreseen. -á312 people are confused. |

Valea Silpha
Sebiestor Tribe Minmatar Republic
78
|
Posted - 2013.01.02 04:13:00 -
[4] - Quote
Just.... just don't pvp in a paladin. Please.
Also, protip: Guardians are like Voltron. The more you hook up, the better it gets. |

Aurelius Valentius
Imperial Academy Amarr Empire
316
|
Posted - 2013.01.02 12:08:00 -
[5] - Quote
Valea Silpha wrote:Just.... just don't pvp in a paladin. Please.
Also, protip: Guardians are like Voltron. The more you hook up, the better it gets.
Not for PvP - Missions and WHs, I suppose one should consider PvP as something that might happen, but this is designed as an exercise in EFT warrior "threory craft" - as in how would you best use what you have here to do the job, and then post it.
I have come up with some interesting options, but I am not that familiar with "Gang Work" and while I can fit and fly a Guardian, and a Pilgrim, as well as a Crusader and a Retribution, and very soon an Abosolution and a Paladin, I haven't flown any of them for any reason or even there T1 counters in a while...not that they are that similar. I am just curious on how someone might develope a tactical doctrine and strategy for using these hulls together to say... do missions or delve into a WH for sleepers (HS C2-3 say), etc... Look at all the Macks in local...impressive...very impressive...I see you have fashioned a new exhumer...much like you father's...your skills as a miner are now complete...indeed you are powerful as CCP Devs have foreseen. -á312 people are confused. |

ChromeStriker
The Riot Formation Unclaimed.
444
|
Posted - 2013.01.02 12:57:00 -
[6] - Quote
for missions just get 6 paladins... with a scout if your doing lv 5's. - Nulla Curas |

Syrias Bizniz
Carnivore Company
111
|
Posted - 2013.01.02 16:50:00 -
[7] - Quote
Paladin & Absolution, Longrange DPS. Retribution & Crusader, 'tackle': Burn in, web targets. Pilgrim: Drone Assistance, Probing, Salvaging, Remote Sensor Boosting, Target Painting Guardian: Reps
Paladin and Guardian form a capchain and guardian orbits the paladin close, Absolution can move free. Guardian has a Remote SeBo to give away, the Pilgrim does have 2 ReSeBo as well as 2 Target Painters. Every Frig has 1 Web. Pilgrim does have a Scan Probe Launcher (no expanded though, but it would be possible with adjustments) Absolution is boosting resistances as well as Armor Rep Capacitor Need - This enables the Guardian to run 2 local reps as well as 4 of 5 remote reps capstable. The Paladin also has a Large Remote Repper to help tanking the guardian.
*Guardian might also use a tracking link and augment the paladin's turrets
|

Aurelius Valentius
Imperial Academy Amarr Empire
318
|
Posted - 2013.01.02 19:20:00 -
[8] - Quote
Syrias Bizniz wrote:Paladin & Absolution, Longrange DPS. Retribution & Crusader, 'tackle': Burn in, web targets. Pilgrim: Drone Assistance, Probing, Salvaging, Remote Sensor Boosting, Target Painting Guardian: Reps
Paladin and Guardian form a capchain and guardian orbits the paladin close, Absolution can move free. Guardian has a Remote SeBo to give away, the Pilgrim does have 2 ReSeBo as well as 2 Target Painters. Every Frig has 1 Web. Pilgrim does have a Scan Probe Launcher (no expanded though, but it would be possible with adjustments) Absolution is boosting resistances as well as Armor Rep Capacitor Need - This enables the Guardian to run 2 local reps as well as 4 of 5 remote reps capstable. The Paladin also has a Large Remote Repper to help tanking the guardian.
*Guardian might also use a tracking link and augment the paladin's turrets
ah nice, I like that - *runs to the EFT to play with ideas*... I shall post results in a bit, EFT is my new (old) toy of the moment, so much fun re-doing with all the changes to the game, and they keep coming.
I can def see a good concept here, and now I have something to do with my EVEning while I mine! Look at all the Macks in local...impressive...very impressive...I see you have fashioned a new exhumer...much like you father's...your skills as a miner are now complete...indeed you are powerful as CCP Devs have foreseen. -á318 people are totally baffled. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |