| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Tai'Kimoto
|
Posted - 2005.07.05 20:38:00 -
[1]
Ive got a second comp that I want to use to run another account. It has a Matrox Millenium G400 dual head (32mb). I was wondering if this is enough to run eve as its not listed on the faq list.
|

Capsicum
|
Posted - 2005.07.05 20:39:00 -
[2]
It may work, but I wouldn't reckon much for speed.
{The Forum Rules} | {Email Us!} |

Sith Emperor
|
Posted - 2005.07.07 03:19:00 -
[3]
I would suggest that any video card with 32Mb on it, is entirely incompatible with EVE, regardless of the brand of card. I'd say a 64Mb card as a bare minimum.
|

Mannakin
|
Posted - 2005.07.07 12:49:00 -
[4]
Its a very old card, I would doubt it would be usable.
Virtually any modern v.cheap card will do much better.
|

Dark Shikari
|
Posted - 2005.07.07 12:54:00 -
[5]
32MB cards work fine. The Radeon 7000VE here manages to play EVE at 15-25 FPS.
Anything below a TNT2 m64 I doubt would work well though. -- Dark Shikari: POS Consultant!
Want your POS to make money like mine do? I've designed POSs that make upwards of 50 million a day in profit--each! Just call me up--no ubermoons required! |

Cary Grant
|
Posted - 2005.07.07 13:03:00 -
[6]
Edited by: Cary Grant on 07/07/2005 13:03:04 I have a 32mb Radeon Mobility 9600 on my laptop, runs like a charm, average about 45-50 FPS. The laptop is a 7426GX Gateway with 1 gig ram and AMD 3700+ Processor so i assume the proc speed had alot to do with it though.
|

Darkslayer
|
Posted - 2005.07.07 13:04:00 -
[7]
If you go for a Matrox card, dont every try to undock, then the game freezes. Used to have a Matrox G550 at parents, it worked while you sat in a station, but all the colors were wrong and you could just barely see the chat.Took my old Geforce 256 (32mb), installed it in parents computer and now I can play there when I visit them.
I have also tried another G550 at work, but could never get to login screen with that. Worked better when replaced with a Geforce 4800SE.
Conclusion: Buy a cheap geforce/ati if you want to play.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |