| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Joe Mozart
|
Posted - 2006.02.18 23:17:00 -
[61]
Edited by: Joe Mozart on 18/02/2006 23:17:08 Edited by: Joe Mozart on 18/02/2006 23:16:52 Well as people keep saying, language can change a lot in 26,000 years. Here's an example of what English looked like less than 1500 years ago:
Quote:
Hwµt! We Gardena in geardagum
(First line of Beowulf)
I'm actually surprised at how 'French' the Gallente names sound, albeit with Flemish overtones, given the timescale. Hmm... French with Flemish overtones. I think CCP are lying to us and the Gallente are in fact descended from the Belgians .
|

Moncada
|
Posted - 2006.02.27 04:54:00 -
[62]
I would say that Greek, latin and persian influences make up the amarr empire. Simply because of they all exist within prime fiction. I have print outs of all prime fiction that has been release from CCP and judging from that I would say all thoose three languages and culture still haunt the amarr empire for good and bad. 1 Greek. check out Bestower. 2. The amarrian religious system is waaaay to close connected to the roman catholic dogma to have lost it's root in latin. Somewhere in there I think I found latin so I will just have to go back and check. Everything about the amarrian religion just reek roman catholicism. 3. System and company names and normal expressions with the amarr empire seems to be heavily influenced by persian words.
I would say that with the amarr empire CCP has taken influence from many of our great civilisations and some of the very bad things that came with them. I for one truly appreciate that CCP blends in references to our world because more than once have I looked up ingame references and actually learned something useful.
Montada Cardinal Maledictus Sanguine
|

Korrari
|
Posted - 2006.02.27 11:13:00 -
[63]
Originally by: Rasitiln so what are the jovians?
Dutch... Obviously
"My ship isn't leaking coolant, it's leaving 'crums' to find it's own way home." |

Mirkel
|
Posted - 2006.03.02 08:47:00 -
[64]
Edited by: Mirkel on 02/03/2006 08:51:18 doesnt it say on the timeline of each race what their origins are?
Amarr Gallente Caldari
Signature images must be no larger than 400w x 120h. --Jorauk |

Gladius Armandi
|
Posted - 2006.04.10 23:09:00 -
[65]
in response to the point of greek letters on the bestower, theta sigma psi is a fraternity. literally, the greek letters does not directly translate. it could be acronyms. the designer of the ship probably is a member of the fraternity and just snuck it in there as a personal mark
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |