| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Corey Fumimasa
Perkone Caldari State
82
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 01:09:00 -
[1] - Quote
Yeah just that. Have you never just drilled someone? Or did you start on your second week? How did it go the first few times, and was it immediately satisfying?
For myself I have several months of playtime on this character and really haven't gotten there yet. I've been in a bunch of fights, lost a lot and chased a bunch of guys away. No stick em right in the gut kills yet though. I've tried ganking miners, and Concord always got there before they were dead.
Played some cons, and again prolly lost more than I made. They are fun though, you learn a lot about people.
.01ed ammo in the old mission hubs for a bit; lol the other guy got so fed up he eventually just bought all my stock and reset the market.
But one of the things that keeps me coming back to Eve is that hit, the thought of the explosion and the blank stares as it becomes apparent to another player that he just lost. I'm not sure how or when this will take place, but I know that it will, this is the great promise of Eve.
This is a youtube playlist going over my first 30 ship losses. Video sucks but the audio came out well.There are some good lessons, and if you know the game there's some funny stories. |

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
1822
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 01:16:00 -
[2] - Quote
Pretty sure this should be under the same heading as that thread in OOPE about how to get a girlfriend.... Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings? |

Corey Fumimasa
Perkone Caldari State
82
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 01:31:00 -
[3] - Quote
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:Pretty sure this should be under the same heading as that thread in OOPE about how to get a girlfriend....
Oh, I'm honestly surprised. I expected to see "Oh look I **** to **** Eve thread # 2349854656458764805083465087145102470876457613487560874650871634078561087465087164508713487561083746578136450861304875608374650736458716348576137045680374650871634587061347085613087456087136450871364085613074856817346507813645871634085613087456081374560873465807364508631048756081374650871346508716345873648056308746578365"
Thumbs up for your originality!
This is a youtube playlist going over my first 30 ship losses. Video sucks but the audio came out well.There are some good lessons, and if you know the game there's some funny stories. |

Azriel Geist
Shinrei Syndicate
73
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 01:59:00 -
[4] - Quote
Try leaving your NPC corp first. |

Brandon Syne
Science and Trade Institute Caldari State
39
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 01:59:00 -
[5] - Quote
Depends how much you have to hurt someone to meet your definition.
I won my first pvp fight against a mining barge within a month. Successfully scammed a "Navy" Apocalypse within two. Killed a 2 billion isk Marauder within five.
Cut to the present. I have certainly... created a lot of content. The only limit now to what I can achieve is my imagination. |

Corey Fumimasa
Perkone Caldari State
82
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 02:21:00 -
[6] - Quote
Azriel Geist wrote:Try leaving your NPC corp first.
Are you trying to say something here or were you just overcome by the need to push buttons? I don't understand your meaning. Please clarify this thought so that you may become immortalized here in this thread.
This is a youtube playlist going over my first 30 ship losses. Video sucks but the audio came out well.There are some good lessons, and if you know the game there's some funny stories. |

Cyprus Black
The Learning Curve.
651
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 02:21:00 -
[7] - Quote
Is anyone else having trouble trying to figure out what this thread is about?
Moderator lock for no content? Trolling is like art. Anyone can finger paint, but it takes true talent to create a masterpiece. |

Corey Fumimasa
Perkone Caldari State
82
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 02:24:00 -
[8] - Quote
Cyprus Black wrote:Is anyone else having trouble trying to figure out what this thread is about?
Moderator lock for no content?
When was the first time you "won" in Eve? Just by self definition.
This is a youtube playlist going over my first 30 ship losses. Video sucks but the audio came out well.There are some good lessons, and if you know the game there's some funny stories. |

ACE McFACE
Holy Amarrian Battlemonk I Whip My Slaves Back and Forth
1112
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 02:29:00 -
[9] - Quote
Brandon Syne wrote:Depends how much you have to hurt someone to meet your definition.
I won my first pvp fight against a mining barge within a month. Successfully scammed a "Navy" Apocalypse within two. Killed a 2 billion isk Marauder within five.
Cut to the present. I have certainly... created a lot of content. The only limit now to what I can achieve is my imagination. I have some bad news, killing a Mining Barge isn't PvP DUST514 isn't on PC because CCP wants 2 different communities influencing each other, not people tabbing out to give themselves Orbital Strikes. (Also they don't want to cannibalise their existing playerbase) |

Karl Hobb
Stellar Ore Refinery and Crematorium
946
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 02:50:00 -
[10] - Quote
ACE McFACE wrote:I have some bad news, killing a Mining Barge isn't PvP This is true. Usually it's PVAFKP, actual PVP against mining barges is exceedingly rare. If you're not already part of a bloc, this is the best guy for CSM8. |

Tallian Saotome
Papercut Syndicate Nuclear Arms Exchange
906
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 02:59:00 -
[11] - Quote
ACE McFACE wrote: I have some bad news, killing a Mining Barge isn't PvP
Because players don't fly barges, bots do, amirite? Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom. |

Brandon Syne
Science and Trade Institute Caldari State
41
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 03:03:00 -
[12] - Quote
ACE McFACE wrote:Brandon Syne wrote:Depends how much you have to hurt someone to meet your definition.
I won my first pvp fight against a mining barge within a month. Successfully scammed a "Navy" Apocalypse within two. Killed a 2 billion isk Marauder within five.
Cut to the present. I have certainly... created a lot of content. The only limit now to what I can achieve is my imagination. I have some bad news, killing a Mining Barge isn't PvP
If killing mining barges is wrong, hey, I don't wanna be right. |

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local Break-A-Wish Foundation
1052
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 03:07:00 -
[13] - Quote
ACE McFACE wrote:I have some bad news, killing a Mining Barge isn't PvP Not sure if this is one of those moron "durr if ur not -10 in lowsec ur not doing PVP hurr" window licker comments or a funny joke about miners being bots. |

Corey Fumimasa
Perkone Caldari State
82
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 03:14:00 -
[14] - Quote
Man I'm starting to think that Eve becoming a kinder gentler place is not CCP's doing after all. Thank God for people like Brandon.
This is a youtube playlist going over my first 30 ship losses. Video sucks but the audio came out well.There are some good lessons, and if you know the game there's some funny stories. |

Nexus Day
Lustrevik Trade and Travel Bureau
433
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 04:05:00 -
[15] - Quote
Corey Fumimasa wrote:Man I'm starting to think that Eve becoming a kinder gentler place is not CCP's doing after all. Thank God for people like Brandon. Don't worry, Eve is full of dicks. And the more they stroke themselves the bigger they get.
You just need to stroke more. This thread has so much content it may be 'Thread of the Year' and it is only January.
|

SmilingVagrant
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
1421
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 04:59:00 -
[16] - Quote
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=7468859
About a week. |

Sorlac
Sebiestor Tribe Minmatar Republic
40
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 05:04:00 -
[17] - Quote
Brandon Syne wrote:ACE McFACE wrote:Brandon Syne wrote:Depends how much you have to hurt someone to meet your definition.
I won my first pvp fight against a mining barge within a month. Successfully scammed a "Navy" Apocalypse within two. Killed a 2 billion isk Marauder within five.
Cut to the present. I have certainly... created a lot of content. The only limit now to what I can achieve is my imagination. I have some bad news, killing a Mining Barge isn't PvP If killing mining barges is wrong, hey, I don't wanna be right.
Nobody said it was wrong (ignore the whiners that think EVE should be a safe place); just that it isn't PvP.
As to the OP I've been playing off and on since 2006 and haven't "stuck it" to anyone yet.
Corey Fumimasa wrote:Cyprus Black wrote:Is anyone else having trouble trying to figure out what this thread is about?
Moderator lock for no content? When was the first time you "won" in Eve? Just by self definition.
I that case I "won" EVE the second I first logged into the game. Enjoyed every second I've played even though most of it was blowing up rocks. I like to think of it as revenge against all those asteroids that used to destroy my ship when I was growing up (Atari 2600 era). |

Arronicus
Vintas Industries Mistakes Were Made.
167
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 07:13:00 -
[18] - Quote
OP is mad because his avatar looks like a tool and he doesn't know how to leave the npc corp.
Oh, and 1 month, 10 days. (I just checked).
Quit hiding and being scared in a noob corp, OP. |

Mallak Azaria
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
2229
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 07:57:00 -
[19] - Quote
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:Pretty sure this should be under the same heading as that thread in OOPE about how to get a girlfriend....
Oh, that must be where this came from then. I'll probably-ábe banned for this |

Mallak Azaria
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
2229
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 07:59:00 -
[20] - Quote
Considering that I apparently stole all the assets of my first corps alliance including their entire cap fleet , 3 motherships & a titan during my first trial, about 10 days. Didn't even need roles apparently. I'll probably-ábe banned for this |

Tul Breetai
Impromptu Asset Requisition Insurance Fraud.
181
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 08:03:00 -
[21] - Quote
For the first few months of playing I canflipped in a battle sigil. That moment when it dawns on them that they're screwed is the most satisfying thing, I don't care how petty you think it is. There's nothing worse than an EVE player, generally considered to be top of the food chain in the MMO world, that cannot smacktalk with wit and coherency. |

Nyla Skin
Maximum fun chamber
203
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 10:02:00 -
[22] - Quote
Cyprus Black wrote:Is anyone else having trouble trying to figure out what this thread is about?
Moderator lock for no content?
It is a test to measure average intelligence of Eve forum posters.
ps. For me it was something like 7 months. (I didnt really play the game much during the first months I was subscribing and I started as a miner). Luckily I eventually ended in a player corp. |

Stetson Eagle
ROC Academy The ROC
29
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 10:12:00 -
[23] - Quote
First day in eve I read about a bleeder punisher fit back in 2008. The next step was happening onto a highsec war in Chaven, where wrecks were at Amarr gate (iirc). I looted some t2 mods from a battleship wreck and warped off while being targeted, felt like a successful criminal.
With the 15 mill I made the first thing was to buy 10 punishers with the bleeder fit. I went to nearest lowsec, got blown up some 8 times in Shajarleg-Naguton, one of the deaths trying to bleed an absolution.
Then, after some hours, I stumbled across the absolution in an asteroid belt d-scan. Warped there, as he was tackling a drake and went do the bleeder thing. Pop went the absolution vs. my punisher and drake, after which he whined about alts in local. I had my revenge and it was good, only a few years later I checked on my killboards to notice it was actually a horrible failfit commandship kill for a 1 day old clueless punisher - priceless. |

Kalle Demos
Ironic Corp Name
166
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 12:07:00 -
[24] - Quote
Corey Fumimasa wrote:Cyprus Black wrote:Is anyone else having trouble trying to figure out what this thread is about?
Moderator lock for no content? When was the first time you "won" in Eve? Just by self definition.
I still dont get it, are you saying you are quitting EVE? |

Aracimia Wolfe
Fade To Darkness
164
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 12:16:00 -
[25] - Quote
Leaving aside the standard fountain defense roams within a month of starting it was probably this vargur kill.
Hero tackle best tackle. It'd been moving through our space for ages, always avoiding us. Finally grabbing it felt sweet. I've had other kills, I've had better kills, but considering were were literally all over the place and managed to hold it down long enough for the dps to get on was damn good. I like my coffee like I like my men. In a plastic cup http://aracimia.blogspot.co.uk/ |

Rab See
Fool Mental Junket
3
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 12:20:00 -
[26] - Quote
Odd - I was chatting to someone about this the other day.
The absolute rush it provided turned me from carebear to pvp addict instantly.
8 months or so I think - when a corpmate ganked my ship as a joke, then lied about stealing from it - I served revenge as it should be served, cold and far away.
http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=11669823
Insurance at the time paid me back, and his brutix in cargohold dropped .. so profit. I came to love C&P as the keen advice on suicide ganking helped me get over that 'stick it to someone' hurdle.
Go figure! I began pvping a lot thereafter. |

Mithrantir Ob'lontra
Ixion Defence Systems Test Alliance Please Ignore
28
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 12:39:00 -
[27] - Quote
Brandon Syne wrote:ACE McFACE wrote:Brandon Syne wrote:Depends how much you have to hurt someone to meet your definition.
I won my first pvp fight against a mining barge within a month. Successfully scammed a "Navy" Apocalypse within two. Killed a 2 billion isk Marauder within five.
Cut to the present. I have certainly... created a lot of content. The only limit now to what I can achieve is my imagination. I have some bad news, killing a Mining Barge isn't PvP If killing mining barges is wrong, hey, I don't wanna be right. You fail at reading? He didn't say it was wrong he said it ain't pvp (it's ganking). |

Aracimia Wolfe
Fade To Darkness
164
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 12:43:00 -
[28] - Quote
Mithrantir Ob'lontra wrote:Brandon Syne wrote:ACE McFACE wrote:Brandon Syne wrote:Depends how much you have to hurt someone to meet your definition.
I won my first pvp fight against a mining barge within a month. Successfully scammed a "Navy" Apocalypse within two. Killed a 2 billion isk Marauder within five.
Cut to the present. I have certainly... created a lot of content. The only limit now to what I can achieve is my imagination. I have some bad news, killing a Mining Barge isn't PvP If killing mining barges is wrong, hey, I don't wanna be right. You fail at reading? He didn't say it was wrong he said it ain't pvp (it's ganking).
It's not ganking, it's speedtrialing concord :D Gotta keep them on their toes, we wouldn't want a fat lazy concord now would we? I like my coffee like I like my men. In a plastic cup http://aracimia.blogspot.co.uk/ |

Corey Fumimasa
Perkone Caldari State
84
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 12:46:00 -
[29] - Quote
Mithrantir Ob'lontra wrote:Brandon Syne wrote: If killing mining barges is wrong, hey, I don't wanna be right.
You fail at reading? He didn't say it was wrong he said it ain't pvp (it's ganking).
Maybe its not FiS mano e mano combat, but Its is taking something from someone else to empower yourself. Same as market PvP or scams or a game of riddles. Do you guys have links to the "official" definition of PvP?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Player_versus_player
Thats all I found, it certainly doesn't restrict the usage to dogfights in space.
This is a youtube playlist going over my first 30 ship losses. Video sucks but the audio came out well.There are some good lessons, and if you know the game there's some funny stories. |

Corey Fumimasa
Perkone Caldari State
84
|
Posted - 2013.02.05 12:58:00 -
[30] - Quote
Arronicus wrote:OP is mad because his avatar looks like a tool and he doesn't know how to leave the npc corp.
Oh, and 1 month, 10 days. (I just checked).
Quit hiding and being scared in a noob corp, OP.
Oh, I just got this. I'm in an NPC corp right now! Yeah its just so difficult to find a good corp though, and then when they go through my API and see that I am also a Goon no one will accept me.
This is a youtube playlist going over my first 30 ship losses. Video sucks but the audio came out well.There are some good lessons, and if you know the game there's some funny stories. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |