| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Quisterio
|
Posted - 2003.07.16 04:00:00 -
[1]
Ok guys, I'm looking to get a THORAX and i'm not sure on what to equip it with. I've heard many, MANY ways to go about this, but I want to hear some more opinions on this. Should I go with Rails or what. And i also need info on the med and low slots.
ANY INFO IS APPRECIATED
|

Darckense
|
Posted - 2003.07.16 07:01:00 -
[2]
Edited by: Darckense on 22/07/2003 06:33:17 My personal load out is as follows Hi Slots 2x250mm Compressed coil with Thorium ammo 3xDual 150mm Proto Gauss with Thorium ammo 1 small looted graviton smartbomb Medium Slots 1 y-s8 afterburner 1 anointed em ward 1 medium c5-l shield booster Low slots 2 fa-q delay line 1 magnetic vortex stabiliser 2 power diagnostic 1
Edit notes Corrected the y-t8 to a y-s8 (it is an ab, not a mwd). The f-aq delay line gives tracking speed and range bonus if i remember correctly. Dropped the overdrive for another f-aq, dropped the smart bomb for another dual 150.
|

Ilia Volyova
|
Posted - 2003.07.16 07:46:00 -
[3]
You might want to add that the y-t8 is in fact a MWD despite it's name..
What is this fa-q delay line?
Edited by: Ilia Volyova on 16/07/2003 07:46:29
|

Achmed Twenty
|
Posted - 2003.07.16 09:22:00 -
[4]
there r also y-t8 afterburners
|

Mazen2
|
Posted - 2003.07.16 10:12:00 -
[5]
which are called Y-S8 :)
|

Stampede
|
Posted - 2003.07.16 13:51:00 -
[6]
3x 250mm compressed coil rails w/ uranium 2x 150mm gauss rails w/ antimatter
medium c5-l shield booster ys-8 afterburner anointed em ward
3x power diag units 2x some item that does -10% to cap max and +20% cap recharge
DRONE: 6 wasps, otw to 8.
My cap max is about 1100 or something w/ a recharge of 189. W/ this setup and only rank III in controlled bursts I've never run out of cap by just firing my 250's, and I think all five guns eventually equalize w/ cap recharge as well.
I find this is a very solid setup for NPC hunting, and does well in the few pvp fights I've had to commit to. It's not really a LONG RANGE setup, but w/ sharpshooter at III or IV you can do solid damage at like 24km. I have nav IV, too, so w/ my afterburner and my ship going 254m/s I have no problem keeping range on enemies.
Note: YOu shouldn't use anything but hybrids w/ a thorax.
|

Torval Sontu
|
Posted - 2003.07.16 16:49:00 -
[7]
Right only use hybrids or mining lasers on a thorax :).
|

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2003.07.16 21:02:00 -
[8]
FA-Q Delay Line is a range/tracking enhancer.
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

Amorex
|
Posted - 2003.07.16 22:39:00 -
[9]
<<3x 250mm compressed coil rails w/ uranium 2x 150mm gauss rails w/ antimatter
medium c5-l shield booster ys-8 afterburner anointed em ward
3x power diag units 2x some item that does -10% to cap max and +20% cap recharge
DRONE: 6 wasps, otw to 8.>>
This is config for medium-short range fight, but I hardly can call it Long range. Long range is range that is more than 25.000m. For Long range you should use as much 250mm gauss guns with Thorium or Iridium charges, as your Thorax can handle w/o power modules. Use your low slots for tracking enchasers , one medium slot for MWD/AB , the rest is up to you what fit there. If you do it right you should be able to hit target from 35km and further with 100% accuracy. Drones for Thorax are necessarily, as this is his advantage and must be used.
Edited by: Amorex on 16/07/2003 22:39:53
|

Skel
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 15:05:00 -
[10]
3 250mm rail guns with iridium for long range 2 heavy particle beams with multifreq for short range
1 med shield 1 good afterburner 1 armor repair
low slots 1 heat sink 1 mag coil 1 photonic cpu enhancer 1 power diagnostic 1 thing that gives armor, cap recharge(forget name)
|

Lartfor
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 16:34:00 -
[11]
3x 250mm guass 1x Anode heavy Ion canon 1x duel 150mm gauss.
medium shield booster Tracking computer afterburner
3x magnetic stablizer (or better) 2x power grid boosters.
Does over 130 dmg a hit with the guass out to around 30k range with thorium ammo. Plus that Heavy anode ion with plutonium ammo can do over 200 dmg at like 2k range.
|

Quosa
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 16:43:00 -
[12]
Shield extender any use or does a medium shield booster do the trick?
|

Yaeger
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 18:52:00 -
[13]
Personally, I've always prefered shield boosters to shield extenders, but some people use them so either extenders are good for something or those people aren't equpping their ships properly. I'll let you decide on that.
"I think we all need to train spelling" "I need typing lvl 2 first, though" - Help Channel, "Now you guys can flame me. Ready..... GO!"
|

Nerhtal Al'Thali
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 19:12:00 -
[14]
2744 shields on a MOA is nice :) but thats without a shield booster...
2200+ capacitor on my blackbird witha recharge rate of 221
but commonly i have 1700ish cap with 221s recharge rate this allows me to use modules and shield boosters like nothing on earth...can keep 2 shield hardners running indefinately!
"Game Experience And Dev Opinions May Change With The Time Of Day During Online Play" Oveur
"First in, last out" Bridgeburner Motto |

DigitalCommunist
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 20:25:00 -
[15]
ehm, put 5 250mm rails on a thorax, load up some long range ammo and let the damage fly _____________________________________ Perpetually driven, your end is our beginning. "Can I be a consultant for EVE II?" - WhiteDwarf |

Fuujin
|
Posted - 2003.07.19 00:21:00 -
[16]
how much do the 250mm gauss go for? _______________
The sword has to be more than a simple weapon; it has to be an answer to life's questions
|

Ph0enix
|
Posted - 2003.07.21 22:34:00 -
[17]
I used to set my Thorax for long range (25km+) but since most of the time PvP fights happen at shorter than that i've gone for medium. The fact is, most enemies will warp in- or u warp in to them- at below 30km. Within the time it takes for you to lock on they can close to 20km, at which point you are screwed if you are set up for long range. Hybrids have **** tracking, and so are only effective within their optimal range. Thank god the Thorax has drones, which can be used to fight anything below your optimal range, but you may still get roasted. Another issue is that if your aiming to stay 30km from your enemy, your drones must fly 29km till they can open fire. If a cruiser bound pilot trains his fire on your drones, he will have shot them to shreds b4 they get in range.
Therefore, i advise you to go for medium range. i have all my guns zeroed in to 20k.
2x 250mm comressed coils 3x 150mm prototype gauss guns
1x Large C5-L shield booster 1x Y-S8 hydrocarbon 1x Micro Shield Extender
1x Partial Hull Conversion 2x Magnetic thingy majig (the 1 that increase hybrid dmg) 2x Tracking Enhancer
www.freetribes.net |

DigitalCommunist
|
Posted - 2003.07.22 17:20:00 -
[18]
a micro shield extender on a Thorax? what a way to waste a medium slot.. for what? 25 extra shields? lol
its bad enough we only get 3 med slots, why must you waste them! why!! _____________________________________ Perpetually driven, your end is our beginning. "Can I be a consultant for EVE II?" - WhiteDwarf |

Ms ArchIQ
|
Posted - 2003.07.23 08:10:00 -
[19]
I'm currently using 3 250 compressed coils...but before that I equipped with 4 250 RGs...however, due to the cap drain + the powergrid hogging of those 250...I just put on 3 and decent med/low slot modules. I figured more and faster cap/shield recharge...would keep you alive longer...than...more guns.
But it does kill faster with 4 250s....it also kills you faster too...:)
|

archangel sean
|
Posted - 2003.07.23 08:16:00 -
[20]
yeah....yeah....
Thorax is a pretty ship.....
the main reason why I chose Gallante, even though I hate mining.:)
|

Ph0enix
|
Posted - 2003.07.23 09:07:00 -
[21]
the only reason for a micro shield extender is coz i had the space free, but bugger all power or cap left. it was the most useful thing i could fit with my limited resources.
www.freetribes.net |

Don Karlos
|
Posted - 2003.07.23 14:12:00 -
[22]
Edited by: Don Karlos on 23/07/2003 14:13:40
Well I used to hunt NPC pirates (20-40k) in my Vexor, instead of the Thorax, for the simple fact that I could hold more of the loot. Post patch( 1113) I use my thorax with the following set up.
3x 250 rail guns 1x electron particle cannon
2x afterburners 1x med shield or phton damping
1x reactor core 1x power diagnostic 1x overdrive 1x wepon mod 1x range mod
8x wasps
This set-up seems to work for me as i can put down most 3 spawns (20-50k) solo I hunt at a range of 30k to 20k.
ps yes, most modules are the pirate kind 
|

Ph0enix
|
Posted - 2003.07.23 21:49:00 -
[23]
thats only 4 hi slots.... today i got really ****ed off coz i lost 8 wasps to a freaking marauder. how you ask? good F'ing question. they weren't being shot at, so maybe a lucky torpedo? anyone know id NPCs use smart bombs?
I've never b4 lost all my drones to 1 NPC- at this rate being a drone fighter is gonna cost my corp heavily 
www.freetribes.net |

wobegong
|
Posted - 2003.07.25 11:50:00 -
[24]
2 x Heavy Ion Blasters 1 x Heavy Netron Blaster 2 x Quad Light Lasers with MultiSpectrum Crystals (for massive damage increase)
1 x MWD 1 X Web Stasifier 1 x V-M15 Braced Multispectral Shield
1 x Kpeteyn Sensor Inhibitor EW Module 1 x Magnetic Armor and Repairer 3 x Tracking Enhancers
|

Kaleb
|
Posted - 2003.07.25 20:23:00 -
[25]
Edited by: Kaleb on 25/07/2003 20:23:53 3 x 250mm Compressed or Prototype Railguns 2 x 150mm Prototype Railguns
1 C-15 Med Booster 1 Digitronal (sp) Shield Hardener 1 LiF Booster
3x Magnetic Field Stabalizers (Magnetic Vortex IIs idealy) 2x Type-D Power Diagnostic Controls
This gives me about 5.2 dmg mod. I use Uranium ammo for the medium and iridium for the small turrets. To adjust your range to longe, use iridium in the mediums and iron or lead ammo in the smalls.
I dont think there's a better setup. Maybe using a reactor control you could mount 4 250mm prototypes and lose the 150s, with the correct skill levels.
- Kaleb 
|

Dash Ripcock
|
Posted - 2003.07.28 02:20:00 -
[26]
I recently purchased my Thorax, so the skills and the equipment aren't quite up to scratch. Here's what I use:
High:
3 * 250mm Rail w/ Iridium 2 * 150mm Rail w/ Uranium/Thorium
Med:
1 * Med Shield Booster 1 * Afterburner 1 * ECM (varies)
Low:
1 * Power Diag 1 * Reactor Control 2 * Co-processors 1 * Magnetic stabilisers
As for the drones, I am working on the skill, so at the moment I am using Hammerheads. I use the 250mms for around 20-30Km, then turn the 150mms on at 10Km and under. This set-up will quite happily deal with NPC pirates, although I am yet to try and take on another pilot.
If anyone can highlight any improvements that could be made, I am all ears.
Battle Angels Inc - The Movie
|

archangel sean
|
Posted - 2003.07.28 04:20:00 -
[27]
4x250 ciols, 1xelectron particle small clarity ward, 2 loot cap rechargers 3 RCUs, 2 power diags.
Best Setup yet. can take 5-6 20-30k NPC cruiers alone. with minimum sweat.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |