| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 2 post(s) |

Kurtz
|
Posted - 2003.07.16 17:31:00 -
[1]
I have been playing the markets acting in the role of Galactic trader. I get quite a bit of enjoyment moving trade goods around for profit.
I would like to point out some glaring discrepancies in the various industrial ships. Mainly the fact the Amarr Bestower is by far the most superior in specifications verses skill requirements of any industrial.
There is something out of kilter, when the Mimatar Hoarder that requires Industrial 2 skill, and the Mammoth that requires level 4, has significantly less cargo capacity than a Bestower, that costs a lot less than a Hoarder or Mammoth to purchase, and only requires Industrial level 1 to operate.
I have switched to the Bestower, and parked my Mammoth. Why should I continue to use a ship that should have superior capabilities in light of the Bestower?
The Mammoth needs to have a fourth low slot period. It has the steep skill requirements, size, and purchase costs that should place it as a competitor to the Iteron V. Currently only the Iteron V has better specifications than the Bestower, and the skill requirements for that ship make it almost madness to train up to fly, in light of the Bestower.
I donÆt think you can get your Nerf bat out on the Bestower, as it is too late. You canÆt really increase the skill requirements, or make changes to the ship to lower its abilities without coming off with many player problems. But you can increase the ôhigherö end Industrials to make their performance more in line with the skill requirements to fly them.
Thank you Kurtz
|

Falnaerith
|
Posted - 2003.07.16 17:35:00 -
[2]
Sound idea. ------------------- Basic truths? Idiots make us rich. - Some people are only alive because it is illegal to kill them. |

Lennier
|
Posted - 2003.07.16 17:43:00 -
[3]
You missed out the best point in the Bestowa with every skill level you get an extra 5% cargo space on top of the four cargo expanders you can fit. Mine is currently capable of hauling well over 8000 m3 ;)
|

Virulence
|
Posted - 2003.07.16 19:37:00 -
[4]
the bestower is the only indy the amarr have. if you increase the other races' indies capabilites then the amarr will be left in the lurch complaining. just deal with it and get your amarr frig and indy skill, it only takes a day.
shadows and dust |

Bakaris Hawke
|
Posted - 2003.07.16 19:47:00 -
[5]
You forgot to mention that the Bestower is pretty much the only Indy with the potential to support a MWD...
(in agreeance with the author of this topic, please see my post, "Please make the Mammoth worth it")
Edited by: Bakaris Hawke on 16/07/2003 19:47:09
|

Liessa
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 01:14:00 -
[6]
I would also like to see the mammoth get a boost , but from what i understand of the games background the amarr used to move a lot of slaves ,this could be CCP's reason behind making their indy ship high capaicty at a low lvl.
|

Rogue Noir
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 01:42:00 -
[7]
Are you peopl insane? The mammoth is a far superior to the bestower. Dont belive me? What bestower can force a PC pirate to sit in his cruiser and watch you toddle past at 320m/s, ubabvle to target you at all and unable to move above 50/ms, eh? Plus it has higher shields, i think the same amount of powergrid and its faster with the right moduals and skills. The problem is people judge indies on pure achievable cargo and whether or not they can use a MWD, thats just silly. I should copy thi nad keep it in a txt file, I have to say the same thing every other week to poepl like this who dont take all the factors into account when they make their arguments. ----------------------------------------------- Shady trader, fence and gentleman extrordionaire.
Noir Enterprises Site |

Jojin
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 02:55:00 -
[8]
I think it is good to have differences in the vessels, especially when you consider cross race vessels. I would prefer not to have the existing vessels altered or balanced to the point where the only difference is what it looks like.
Keep in mind, EVE is just beginning and (crossing fingers) there will be many additional vessels and items to come in the future. We may be fortunate enough to have these items evolve according to the way the in game story unfolds.
Perhaps there is a new line of industrial type vessels which will be implemented. Some of these might be specialized for trade, mining, repairs or who knows what else. They might even put into place skills to operate these vessels based upon mental attributes to coincide with their special abilities.
Two or three months down the road, the tables might be turned where the Amarr are still with their lone industrial and the other races have a larger and more diverse selection.
|

Kurtz
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 05:41:00 -
[9]
Ok I ran my Bestower tonight, in lieu of the Mammoth, and noticed a couple of things.
1)The Bestower is Slow, not in speed, but in maneuvering, and in going to warp. 2)The Bestower has terrible acceleration.
The Mammoth handles almost like a Frigate, and can run nearly as fast. You wonÆt catch me running the Bestower though Syndicate space anytime soon, that job is still reserved for the Mammoth. So, I may have spoken a bit soon touting, ôBestower ³ber allenö. But for running in Empire space, the Bestower is the way to go.
I still argue that the Mammoth could use another low slot, and so should the Iteron IV. I eventually want to fly the Iteron V. I had the small pleasure of being on the bridge of one last day of Beta. While most were off in Battleships, I was running Quafe in a I-Five.
|

Nicholas Marshal
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 08:19:00 -
[10]
What does everyone think of the Badger Mk II then ?
|

Ruffles
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 11:06:00 -
[11]
All the ships are nicely different, and each comes should come with their own bonuses. Why they removed the speed bonus from the mamoth I will never know, sure from the minmatar cruisers perhaps it was a bit pointless, but from a cargo ship? Let me guess this got a projectile turret change?
Likewise the Gallante industrials seem to have no bonus. Ok, they get the greatest selection of vessels, but still surely they should get a difference to everyone else? A nice distinguishing factor also.
Yes, I hope that with coming research abilities or anything else, will result in new ships in each line for each race, perhaps some that even bridge the huge gaps between frigate-cruiser, and cruiser-battleship.
Only time will tell sadly.
|

Amorex
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 11:34:00 -
[12]
<<I would also like to see the mammoth get a boost >>
Me too, as you all see it, Mammoth is 2 times bigger than Haorder, but has only on 500m3 better cargo hold. So where does go so much space? Extra speed - no. Extra power grid - no. Extra shield - hm I doubt it. Maybe extra armor and structure - I doubt it here too. So can dev's explain it?
|

Dawnstar
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 22:58:00 -
[13]
I too am a little peeved about how much better the bestower is. In my corp's case, We produce the Iteron Mark III (and now the bestower as well). Go compare the two ships and decide which you'd rather fly.
My character had Gallente Frig 3 and Gallente Ind 2. I was about to train to level 3 indy so I could fly an Iteron we make. I looked at the bestower at that point. I concluded it would take less time to train 3 levels of frigate for Amarr and 1 level of Amarr Indy than to finish working towards Gallente Indy 3 (needed to fly that version of the Iteron), and I would end up with a better ship to boot! Furthermore it costs way less (for me in the neighborhood of 100K in minerals) to build a Bestower.
There is something clearly wrong with how the ships are balanced. What I would like to see happen is a new low end indy get added for the Amarr (level 1) and the bestower moved up to level 3 or possibly 4 being required to fly it (and the mineral requirements boosted as well). -D
Proposal for Overhauling Manufacturing. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |