| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

RaziK
|
Posted - 2005.09.01 01:51:00 -
[1]
Edited by: RaziK on 01/09/2005 01:52:29 Hi,
Seems that the Ingame Chat windows and other ingame windows get grafic bugged using the Nvidia Gforce4 420 Go ( Toshiba ) Grafic Card , all the letters become crazy pixels and it is impossible to read.
The Nvidia.com drivers dont work because this is a toshiba gforce version so my only solution is the toshiba drivers.
Why is EVE bugging with an Nvidia Gforce4?? I have the same card in my Desktop computer and eve works fine.
Any one knows any other drivers that i can use to fix this issue??
Or do i need to buy a new laptop to play eve? :P
|

ElfeGER
|
Posted - 2005.09.02 14:14:00 -
[2]
could you post the graphic driver section of the dxdiag file?
what's the error message when trying to install the nvidia.com drivers? (I couldn't install the ati.com drivers on my notebook but the omega drivers work like a charm)
|

Padrean
|
Posted - 2005.09.05 01:13:00 -
[3]
I have the exact same graphics card and I have the following driver that WORKS: Driver date: 10/17/2003 Driver Version: 4.5.9.1
I would link you the file however its been quite a long time since I've installed the file due to the fact that the card is no longer driver coded (its a Toshiba onboard, thus no new drivers) and it was hellishly hard playing driver games to find the ideal driver. You might want to try installing the driver that came with your Satellite cd (the one that came with the computer has a driver, try that one). |

Noctoc
|
Posted - 2006.02.09 14:16:00 -
[4]
Edited by: Noctoc on 09/02/2006 14:22:51 It took me several attempts with different driver versions to find one that worked. Check out LaptopVideo2Go, I'm using version 42.57 (the oldest driver they've got). And all works well as long as I play in window mode , better than nothing I guess.
The problem is toshiba (or insert any other laptop maker here), don't keep their version of the drivers upto date. They don't see these laptops for gaming so they don't see why they need to keep updating the driver if its already stable for normal day to day stuff. (ie not games)
Good luck with the hunt for a driver that works 
I should realy check the date of the last post before replying lol
=================== Due to lack of funds the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off. |

Rikkard Strofeldt
|
Posted - 2006.02.11 05:45:00 -
[5]
I have this working fine on my Toshiba TE2100. I'm using driver version 71.79. Unfortunately there's something wierd with the screen on the TE2100, so you may need an external monitor. The symptom is a big black bar down the right side of the screen, because for some stupid reason the flat panel reports itself as only being 969 pixels wide.
Here's how to do it, for the brave:
Install the drivers off the nVidia site. When it says it can't find a suitable card, just hit ok, and reboot. Goto the device manager, pick the video card out, and update the driver. Now, tell Windows you will pick the driver, and pick the GeForce 4 420 MX. You may need to tell Windows where to find the driver, so look for the nvidia directory in C:\temp Reboot, and viola.
Windows will think you have the 420MX, but the nVidia control panel knows its a 420 Go. I'm sure you know who I trust  A devil I may be, but I am trying to help you. You just don't realise it yet. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |