| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Wendat Huron
|
Posted - 2005.09.10 20:07:00 -
[1]
Just noticed the market saying 'Sellin' and 'Buyin' what's up with that, is it businesslike conduct to use lowbrow abreviations?
|

Dark Shikari
|
Posted - 2005.09.10 20:09:00 -
[2]
Originally by: Wendat Huron Just noticed the market saying 'Sellin' and 'Buyin' what's up with that, is it businesslike conduct to use lowbrow abreviations?
1) If you open it slowly you'll notice the G is getting cut off. It was not removed. This is a bug related to the new font.
2) WTF does Engrish have to do with leaving off Gs? Leaving off Gs is a dialect, often southern US, etc. Engrish refers to asians using bad english, in particular switching the L and the R. -- Proud member of the [23].
Selling Capital Cargo Bays and Kernite Mining Crystal IIs, cheaper than anyone else. |

Spathi
|
Posted - 2005.09.10 20:10:00 -
[3]
The font :P
|

Wendat Huron
|
Posted - 2005.09.10 20:14:00 -
[4]
I was refering to bad english, so call it englis then, I don't care, either way it looks like crap.
|

Magnum VII
|
Posted - 2005.09.11 04:05:00 -
[5]
Originally by: Wendat Huron I was refering to bad english, so call it englis then, I don't care, either way it looks like crap.
Don't worry, you're not crazy, I think it looks like crap too.
|

Nikolai Nuvolari
|
Posted - 2005.09.11 05:56:00 -
[6]
Yes, it looks like crap, and yes, it appears to be a problem with the new font. Which, by the way, looks like crap in comparison to the old set of fonts. ___________________________________________ ^^^***---All things serve the Beam---***^^^ GDBT is recruiting! |

Zaldiri
|
Posted - 2005.09.11 08:43:00 -
[7]
CCP + fonts = disaster.....
----------------------------------------------- Admiral of King Frieza's Super Saiyan fleet.
|

Hephaesteus
|
Posted - 2005.09.11 08:53:00 -
[8]
Agreed, CCP can we have the old fonts back please. |

Nikolai Nuvolari
|
Posted - 2005.09.11 09:22:00 -
[9]
I don't see why the game doesn't just let us set our own fonts. Hell, I think you should be able to use any font installed on your computer, just like MS Word. ___________________________________________ ^^^***---All things serve the Beam---***^^^ GDBT is recruiting! |

Jennai
|
Posted - 2005.09.11 09:25:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Hephaesteus Agreed, CCP can we have the old fonts back please.
they're putting the old font back on tuesday (assuming the patch isn't delayed again)
|

Tekka
|
Posted - 2005.09.11 10:46:00 -
[11]
Originally by: Jennai
Originally by: Hephaesteus Agreed, CCP can we have the old fonts back please.
they're putting the old font back on tuesday (assuming the patch isn't delayed again)
I want old fonts from pre-exodus... Those were nice. 
|

Jaraa
|
Posted - 2005.09.11 18:46:00 -
[12]
dont even remember how those looked :(
|

Tsavong Lah
|
Posted - 2005.09.12 12:54:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Tekka I want old fonts from pre-exodus... Those were nice. 
o/ *Agrees, bring back the New Baskerville! It looked way more professional - come on CCP, wou have a wealth of graphic design knowledge, surely someone could make a unicode font themselves? |

s4mp3r0r
|
Posted - 2005.09.12 13:16:00 -
[14]
overkill but :
Engrish
Proud ex-CEO of the official Verone Fanclub.
Convo Mirel yirrin ingame for details on how to join, and a free " I ♥ Verone Ö" Bumpersticker!! |

Factor Benz
|
Posted - 2005.09.12 14:23:00 -
[15]
Quote: is it businesslike conduct to use lowbrow abreviations?
Whiniest... thread... evar. 
|

Ticondrius
|
Posted - 2005.09.12 14:31:00 -
[16]
We will never have the pre-exodus fonts back. Why? Simple. They were pre-rendered bitmap fonts. They were also 100% English only.
The bitmap fonts are still in EVE in many places. Any areas that haven't been hit with the font nerfbat is just that, the bitmap fonts. Why does CCP change fonts then? Unicode. They are changing the user interface bit by bit to use a Unicode font so EVE can be fully multilingual capable.
I'm currently working on putting together a font based on the original one used in EVE that is fully Unicode TrueType, to include every Korean, Japanese, Chinese and whatever other ideograph languages there are. I hope to have it look fine at the sizes EVE uses. When done, I'll ship it off to CCP, free, and see what happens. For reference, It's based on the Code2000 font, which contains a character for every definition in the Unicode standard.
"If I'm brutally honest and it offends you, that's not my fault." |

Tar om
|
Posted - 2005.09.12 15:09:00 -
[17]
I'd gladly swap TomB's work over the last year for a greater range of font sizes. -- We are the Octavian Vanguard www.octavianvanguard.net http://www.serenitymovie.com |

Kurren
|
Posted - 2005.09.12 15:17:00 -
[18]
Originally by: Dark Shikari
Originally by: Wendat Huron Just noticed the market saying 'Sellin' and 'Buyin' what's up with that, is it businesslike conduct to use lowbrow abreviations?
1) If you open it slowly you'll notice the G is getting cut off. It was not removed. This is a bug related to the new font.
2) WTF does Engrish have to do with leaving off Gs? Leaving off Gs is a dialect, often southern US, etc. Engrish refers to asians using bad english, in particular switching the L and the R.
Christ on crutches I hate people that damn technical! Just point out what it is that's wrong and STFU! No need to be a ****!
|

Severe McCald
|
Posted - 2005.09.12 16:19:00 -
[19]
I cannot believe that no-one has pointed out that "abreviations" should be spelt abbreviations.
If one is going to complain about the misuse of English, one ought to spell it correctly.
Personally, not too fussed.
Sev
To err is human, to forgive divan. |

Demarcus
|
Posted - 2005.09.12 16:39:00 -
[20]
Originally by: Severe McCald
I cannot believe that no-one has pointed out that "abreviations" should be spelt abbreviations.
If one is going to complain about the misuse of English, one ought to spell it correctly.
Personally, not too fussed.
Sev
A sentence can't have a verb, and no noun. Sorry I had too. ------------------------------------- You are all worthless, and weak.
|

Quanteeri
|
Posted - 2005.09.12 17:06:00 -
[21]
Quote: 2) WTF does Engrish have to do with leaving off Gs? Leaving off Gs is a dialect, often southern US, etc. Engrish refers to asians using bad english, in particular switching the L and the R.
I'm from The South, and though we may speak "Sellin", it's still considered ignorant to spell "Sellin".
I lived in Japan for 2.5 years, all my friends made fun of me because I pronounce R's like R's. What comes around......
:)
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |