| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Pirindolo
|
Posted - 2003.07.31 09:38:00 -
[1]
what happens with every tech level 1 items when tech level 2 becomes easily available?
It would be nice to have a skill allowing tech level upgrades for every item in game. It could work same as BP research, but using items, instead of BP.
According to the level of the skill, the player could upgrade different tech levels:
level 2: upgrades from tech level 1 to tech level 2 (required time 2x) level 3: upgrades from tech level 2 to tech level 3 (required time 3x) level 4: upgrades from tech level 3 to tech level 4 (required time 4x) level 5: upgrades from tech level 4 to tech level 5 (required time 5x)
|

Winterblink
|
Posted - 2003.08.23 21:48:00 -
[2]
Have it like refining... the upgrade costs an amount in minerals to perform, but is lessened with higher levels attained in the upgrade skill.
___winterblink/warp_drive_active/eve_nature_vraie// |

Djarid
|
Posted - 2003.10.13 20:50:00 -
[3]
dont be daft.
"I have this great toaster but it is not as good as the new ones in the shop. I know I'll just open it up and install some new circuitry!"
go buy tech 2! It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit. Harry S Truman (1884 - 1972) |

Boneca
|
Posted - 2003.10.19 19:33:00 -
[4]
Quote: dont be daft.
"I have this great toaster but it is not as good as the new ones in the shop. I know I'll just open it up and install some new circuitry!"
go buy tech 2!
Nope allow tech lvl upgrades . I can upgrade my PC's cpu , graphics card etc.... Toasters have no place in EVE , computer tech is a better example and thats upgradable
|

Discorporation
|
Posted - 2003.10.21 08:37:00 -
[5]
ahh, but by that analogy changing the wires in a PC doesn't help it perform better at all, you need higher grade tech to upgrade the components
;)
[Heterocephalus glaber]
|

Redwolf
|
Posted - 2003.11.29 02:56:00 -
[6]
well I never noticed eve run any faster when i replaced any cables...
|

Cell Satimo
|
Posted - 2003.11.30 18:38:00 -
[7]
There was mention somewhere (i can't remember now) that the plan in the medium term is to enable playermade custom-ish ships with better performance, and track the manufacturer.
When the manufacturer's research improves a ship model, all models of that ship improve. I can only imagine this would have to be linked to individuals, and not corporations. | Join eve-webring.com to promote your site. |

Xraal I
|
Posted - 2003.12.02 17:34:00 -
[8]
I think its more likely tied to the BluePrint.
And existing ships will not be upgraded. That would make no economic sense. Why would you research for higher tech, if all your clients will get your efforts for free?
No, the tech improvements will follow the Blueprint, and anything made from that BP will have the stats allowed by it, at the time of production.
All your investments are not lost. Its just outdated. The new items will cost more, if your items just followed suit and upgraded, then the economy would die.
By letting the tech follow the BP it ensures a demand for these new ships, and a supply of outdated models for newer players who can't afford the topline models. This leads to mining, leads to trading, leads to competition, leads to wars over resources, leads to more activity, leads to everyone having fun in a living game.
Give everone everything for free and the game dies. Fact.
CEO - Clan Chief - Diplomat - Trader |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |