
Mike Azariah
Gallente Benevolence Association
320
|
Posted - 2013.05.08 07:32:00 -
[3] - Quote
Karsa Egivand wrote:Overall, STV did splendidly the first time. Very much looking forward to how it works out for CSM9, when more people get how it works and maybe more people vote.
Lowsec/FW won't repeat this years LACK of participation. That's a "new" bloc.
I also predict a carebear/high-sec bloc/party for the next CSM election that'll get 2+ seats - basically new voters (not even Mike Azariah really represents them, although he comes closest). Not that I like that too much, but its probably appropriate.
And more voters - I guess - will shuffle their bloc ballots a bit on personal preference (which isn't that bad for the bloc in question, as long as it's mostly its candidates in front).
I agree that this time around was a learning experience for everybody and I know some folks are already making plans for how to 'do better' next time.
Good.
That high-sec might actually get organized and form their own block, unlikely but good as well.
I am finding it funny that I keep being the dark horse who proves things didn't work as planned in the election because you cannot figure out who the hell voted for me. I lack a bloc yet I got enough to get elected.
Hard to imagine that maybe . . . . juuuuust maybe I managed to convince enough of all the blocs that I was a decent kind of guy without a political axe to grind? That maybe having such a guy on the council might be a good thing to have? Nah. That goes against all the back room plans and mathematical models that a normal guy could manage such a thing without massive backing.
Oh wait . . . you can buy into the ECCE conspiracy, I was part of a secret organization of non bloc folks that could amass all the votes . . . .from whom? The high-sec voters who reportedly didn't take part?
Bah, what does it matter?
either . . .
a) the CSM has no power so who cares, we didn't want those seats anyways b) what difference can one guy make? our boys will just relegate him to the corner where he can be properly ignored or c) great! way to go, Mike. Don't tell my alliance but I voted for you, too
It's late . . . I have a lot of reading to do to catch up on what has happened in the past so I can be best informed about where we are going next. Run the numbers, make hats out of tinfoil, whatever.
I have work to do
m Mike Azariah-á CSM8 |