| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Xroxor
|
Posted - 2005.10.10 16:16:00 -
[1]
Has anyone ever tried to decipher a ship log, Or does it really mean anything.
Example: Angel Ship Log 583225679 This salvaged data from a destroyed Angel vessel reveals the following partly coded message: "Orders: Take m98 and raid convoy at I-0,32. Continue to echo 5 and group up with K6 and G3 at the rendezvous point 832 parsecs from region border. Take loot and surviving ships to base at EOE3-N VIII, Moon 14. Pick up some spiced wine and rock whiskey and meet my fleet 125 parsecs from the golgothan fields."
Can we actually use this information?
*End Transmission*
|

Dark Shikari
|
Posted - 2005.10.10 16:17:00 -
[2]
You can, but a while back a dev broke something, and most of the logs stopped working. I heard it will be fixed soon. -- Proud member of the [23].
|

Caeden Nicomachean
|
Posted - 2005.10.10 16:19:00 -
[3]
The key part likely being
EOE3-N VIII, Moon 14
Probably something there (other than the alliance who claims the space and may be KOS).
|
|

Kaemonn

|
Posted - 2005.10.10 16:19:00 -
[4]
I havent looked one up for a few months, but they are quite blunt, just go to that system and the moon/planet it says, and theres a bunch of NPCs to shoot at. Nothing really good, but kind of fun.
|
|

Nero Scuro
|
Posted - 2005.10.10 16:20:00 -
[5]
Yes. It means there will be a rat spawn in system EOE3-N, at planet VIII, moon 14. However, this rat spawn will undoubtedly suck and only be as good as the rats in the belts anyway. ________
|

Xroxor
|
Posted - 2005.10.10 16:24:00 -
[6]
Thanks...
Been playing for 7 months now and learn somthing new every day
|

Karash Amerius
|
Posted - 2005.10.10 18:29:00 -
[7]
I thought most/all rat spawns at moons were disabled due to the complex system now. Is this wrong?
|

Xroxor
|
Posted - 2005.10.10 19:29:00 -
[8]
Originally by: Karash Amerius I thought most/all rat spawns at moons were disabled due to the complex system now. Is this wrong?
I just sat at one for over an hour and NOTHING! Could be disabled...
|

Xixette Silvermoon
|
Posted - 2005.10.27 23:56:00 -
[9]
I too went to one the other day and there was nothing there. I hope they do something with this 'cause, even if they're not really tough, they're like little treasure maps. I only have one in hi-sec space so far of the Angel and Serpentis logs I've looted, and I'm only a month old so not ready to sit in lo-sec systems waiting for a spawn. But it does kinda appear they're disabled atm. The one I tried was in Kasrasi X, Moon 4, and that's kinda the back of beyond...no activity and only a station of two in the system. -- Xix "I know what you're thinking: 'Why, oh WHY, didn't I take the BLUE pill?'" |

Gretchen Dawntreader
|
Posted - 2005.10.28 00:33:00 -
[10]
of all the Angel logs I have gotten (and comparing with a lot of other PTS players, I seem to have a complete set of Angel logs) they all but one are in 0.0 space. The one that isn't (Kasrasi X) doesn't seem to have anything there....the ones in 0.0 I am unlikely to be able to check anytime soon ;)
|

Drummore
|
Posted - 2005.10.28 00:48:00 -
[11]
*drummore gets his hauler and goes to set up a pos in EOE3-N VIII, Moon 14 to get all your loot cans
|

Dakath
|
Posted - 2005.10.28 01:23:00 -
[12]
The best use of ship logs is recycling.
They yield Noxcium and Isogen.
Really.
1000 baby bunnies were slow-roasted alive to create this signature line.
We Hate Bunny |

Brep
|
Posted - 2005.10.28 02:18:00 -
[13]
Edited by: Brep on 28/10/2005 02:18:29 there's a rat spawn at adrel IV, it's where I began my eve life, perfect for noob training. I went there the other day and it's still there so no they haven't been removed. I can only assume that spawn is from a ship log. I can't recall how we found it way back when, probably just stumbled across it.
|

Adel Armarra
|
Posted - 2005.10.28 03:21:00 -
[14]
Originally by: Kaemonn I havent looked one up for a few months, but they are quite blunt, just go to that system and the moon/planet it says, and theres a bunch of NPCs to shoot at. Nothing really good, but kind of fun.
I have treid all the ones i have gotten none work i even come back multiplie times even after server restart id say there all broken.
|

Snake Jankins
|
Posted - 2005.10.28 06:55:00 -
[15]
Edited by: Snake Jankins on 28/10/2005 07:03:13 Edited by: Snake Jankins on 28/10/2005 07:01:41 Ups, clicked the wrong button. I've been collecting all these logs almost since I play the game and someone told me, that there are rat spawns at the places, hidden outposts etc. and that the first digit of that long number stands for the difficulty: 1 easy, 3 moderate, 5 difficult. Well I was really disappointed after I checked one of these locations in 0.0 a few weeks ago and nothing was there.
'What I write usually only refects my own opinions, not the ones of my corp.' |

sonofollo
|
Posted - 2005.10.28 10:39:00 -
[16]
yeah 99% of the log spawn points have been disabled the devs wont admit as such or havent but they dont work most of em (i really do hope they will be fixed) but even low end frig spwns are getting serioulsy nerfed with RMR due to needing to save server space (i would hope the oppositie happens and that spawns are infact boosted across all levels)
|

Lord WarATron
|
Posted - 2005.10.28 12:34:00 -
[17]
Some of them do exist, however I find that they are kind of pointless since complex's are better.
All pointless....... apart from the excellent Fugitive hideout, which had a lovely omber field. This was removed in the last patch. --- Accepting Pre-Orders on ;
Slot 10 Akemons Modified 'Noble' Zet 5000 implant +8% Armour Msg me for more info - 2 week Backlog |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |