| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Mid General
|
Posted - 2003.08.04 11:53:00 -
[1]
I've not really delved into pvp much, and I'm still training up a few skills. I'll have cruise missiles in a week or so.
for pvp I'm using :
5xh50 launchers. 4 with a combination of mjolnir and bane torpedoes. One with widowmakers.
1xmed shiedl booster 1xmwd1 1xwarp stabiliser
2x coprocessrs
For NPC fighting, I usually swap out two of the launchers for rails (my gunnery skills suck though), and use widows mainly.
Comments anyone? I've not seen many articles on caracal loadout, but I'm determined to make missiles work :) I've got good indy skills and manufacture all my missiles.
|

Laarz Kaledon
|
Posted - 2003.08.04 13:35:00 -
[2]
Edited by: Laarz Kaledon on 06/08/2003 14:12:35 I was determined too. They're just too heavy to carry around to all your spots where you hunt. Building them becomes a mineral hog, as well. No extra modules to make em better.. on and on..
CCP let's have some missile love!! Also, I hear drone lovers are getting some fun new toys soon.. what's up with that garbage..?!
By the way, I got myself a moa. 
BUT, "Ms. Missiles" is still sitting in the hangar waiting for the day when she can come back out and be effective!!
|

Mira Finoso
|
Posted - 2003.08.04 17:19:00 -
[3]
Laarz:
I don't suppose you would want to elaborate on that bit that you heard about new things for drone lovers? 
I'd love to hear about it.

|

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2003.08.04 20:25:00 -
[4]
H-50 Arbalests in hi-slots, sensor dampeners in med slots, co-pro's in low slots.
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

Laarz Kaledon
|
Posted - 2003.08.05 17:14:00 -
[5]
Ahh, probably just some rumors of some new drones coming soon bigger than the ones out now. I dunno how true it is...
|

Kimi
|
Posted - 2003.08.06 05:18:00 -
[6]
Unfortunately, with the way that missiles are way underbalanced with almost any other weapon type, I have yet to find any kind of Caracal load out that really works. Until they fix missiles, I just don't see them as viable.
|

Lola
|
Posted - 2003.08.06 06:21:00 -
[7]
I think you should take out the MWD and put in a stasis web. Those torps are way too slow unless you have the person locked down. Not only that the MWD is taking half your shields and some cap at the same time your recharge rate stays the same. Or you could switch to faster missiles.
You could also run 2 MWD and drop the torps at point blank and fly on past. You'd need to lose the warp core stablizer but at the rate of speed you can go with 2 MWD you'll be out of WJ/WS range in no time.
Also Caracal has 4 mid slots and I only remember reading 3 modules in your setup.
Good luck out there. ----------------------------------------- Sig rented by Drethen Nerevitas. |

Kimi
|
Posted - 2003.08.06 08:03:00 -
[8]
"You could also run 2 MWD and drop the torps at point blank and fly on past..."
As part of our missile tests, we tried that also. Our tester almost killed himself twice - they go off too soon and you get a lot of blast yourself. Yet they are far too slow to launch from any distance. At more than a few thousand meters, most ships can outrun torpedoes (which is pretty stupid, IMO). Essentially, torpedoes are just one more useless missile.
|

Mid General
|
Posted - 2003.08.06 09:55:00 -
[9]
As I suspected, my caracal is shortly going to be covered up and left in the hangar until missiles are balanced.
I made a big batch of heavy and light missiles, coupla torps, went to a pirate spawn. All gone in less than 30 mins. I still made a profit on the excursion, but bugger all tbh.
...where's my moa...
|

Quiz
|
Posted - 2003.08.06 11:42:00 -
[10]
You're hunting npc pirates with missiles? Thats like saying no to all the bounty money. :) You'll probably even lose money doing it in the long run.
|

Mid General
|
Posted - 2003.08.06 13:28:00 -
[11]
..and so my point stands...missiles are horribly unbalanced for anything but juicy pvp targets...needs sorting ASAP. Missiles are such a large portion of armaments in the game, and they're useless. It needs sorting.
|

Slithereen
|
Posted - 2003.08.07 00:59:00 -
[12]
Edited by: Slithereen on 07/08/2003 00:59:44
I hardly use missiles in NPC fights, and yet I still equip with them, and I always make sure I got a battery loaded with some to spare.
The reason for this, when the going gets tough, the missiles get going.
I don't waste missiles on targets that I can waste my guns on. But if it turns out that I'm a little over my head, outnumbered, saturated, my cap low and my guns can't deal with it alone, the missiles start flying.
And for more than once, and many times over, the missiles have been ship savers for me. I figured that missiles are a lot cheaper than my ship.
Plus once in a while it is fun and spectacular to use them. _______________________________________________ "Is it me or the bad guys just getting totally pathetic?"---Clover, Totally Spies, "Hope is wasted on the Hopeless."---Mandy, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. "Stars are holes in the sky from which the light of the Infinite shine through."---Confucius.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |