| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Vyvica
Happy Hooligans Burning Spear.
3
|
Posted - 2011.10.21 08:59:00 -
[1] - Quote
I've read here and there and searched for information on trading. I want to try different aspects of Eve. I'm so new I don't understand a lot of what I am reading. Could someone so kindly explain trading to me? I've searched the forums and can only seem to find people looking for loans and I've had people explain it to me. But they use words like contract, dead space..etc I don't quite understand. I just want to try all I can so I know what to do with my skills. I really need to make some isk so I can keep buying necessary skill books. Those seem so expensive! :)
|

Chal0ner
Sons Of 0din Fatal Ascension
7
|
Posted - 2011.10.21 09:44:00 -
[2] - Quote
You really have a talent to ask questions that sounds like trolling 
On the chance it's not. Trade in it's most basic form is very simple. Buy item X at one station and move it to another station where is sells for more than you bought it for. Then sell it. Then you create buying and selling contract through the contracting system (should be explained in the intro missions shouldn't it?) to buy and sell on a longer term. |

Ines Tegator
Project ELT
16
|
Posted - 2011.10.21 09:54:00 -
[3] - Quote
Info on trading is pretty scarce, since most traders keep their techniques to themselves. It's just the old catchphrase of buy low, sell high. Get some stuff for cheap, then sell it for more. I class the process into 2 main areas, although they overlap they work as a general guidelines.
1st, there's merchanting, which means getting in a hauler moving things from somehwere cheap to somewhere expensive and selling it. Don't expect to find something so obvious as buying stuff, hauling it, then selling it on the spot. Watch out for suspiciously profitable buy orders as there is a scam that uses this idea to lure you into buying things at inflated prices. You can get those occasionally but they are rare and the profits slim. A step up from that is buying all the cheap stuff that's too far away for lazy people to go get, and bringing it to your local trade hub. The final step is working the region with buy orders, managing the prices to stay competitive, and selling the goods when you've amassed a fair bit.
2nd there is speculating. Being able to analyze price trends, investing in goods, and then selling when the trend goes up. This is the riskiest form of trading and potentially the highest reward. Station trading does this, by buying popular goods/modules at a low swing, holding onto it for a while, then relisting when the price swings back up. If you like numbers and graphs then this is for you.
Regardless, you need capital to get started. Probably a good 100m isk to see a decent return. I strongly recommend training combat for your first month (or mining if you plan to manufacture things) to build up that starting capital. As a reference, in one month with a decent skill plan you can be running level 3 missions for 3-5m isk every 15 minute mission or so. I also suggest finding a training corp - eve university for example - that will teach you the best skill plans, etc, as you get to know the game and what you want out if it. |

Lutz Major
Austriae Est Imperare Orbi Universo
21
|
Posted - 2011.10.21 10:04:00 -
[4] - Quote
I think you would profit from this: http://www.isktheguide.com/ Download the PDF- it's free and will explain most of your questions.
There are very good explanations of the GUI, basic actions and common terms including screen shots. See it as the game manual, CCP never provided :( |

Vyvica
Happy Hooligans Burning Spear.
3
|
Posted - 2011.10.21 12:59:00 -
[5] - Quote
Thanks for the info. I think maybe this is nor for me right now. I thought it was a little more simple. prehaps I will stick with missions and mining for now. I sold a few of my items I no longer needed and it was way above regional price value and I was excited and thought that it could be easy to make isk. But sounds like you've got to put a lot of time and invest into it. Or maybe watch the markets and learn as I see people do stuff. I thought this was a common thing everyone on Eve did.
"I'm not a troll! just a noob" lol... I still don't know entirely what troll means. But I do know at the same time.
On another note; how can I upgrade my pod skills so I can put guns on my pod? ... JK, sorry. I had to. |

The Fonz Inspace
Black Sands
0
|
Posted - 2011.10.21 13:15:00 -
[6] - Quote
ive been playing this game for years and even now i still have a lot of question. but i dont go through the forums whining to complete strangers to help me. Your questions are not needed here. Go play Yoshi story. This game is obviously too hard on someone like you. noob or not google can be your friend. |

Vyvica
Happy Hooligans Burning Spear.
3
|
Posted - 2011.10.21 13:16:00 -
[7] - Quote
Sorry.  |

Keno Skir
23
|
Posted - 2011.10.21 13:45:00 -
[8] - Quote
The Fonz Inspace wrote:ive been playing this game for years and even now i still have a lot of question. but i dont go through the forums whining to complete strangers to help me. Your questions are not needed here. Go play Yoshi story. This game is obviously too hard on someone like you. noob or not google can be your friend.
Fot a first forum post you really jumped right into talking rubbish.
Ignore Fonz, contact me in-game and i'll hook you up with some highsec trade runs that should make you some isk. Don't quit on account of people who can't answer your questions even after "years of playing". The Apostle : I want a kangeroo Captain Kirk : Silly Austrians Sarmatiko : Let me guess: you're from US? Captain Kirk : Yeah Riverside IA - why? |

Keno Skir
23
|
Posted - 2011.10.21 13:51:00 -
[9] - Quote
The Fonz Inspace wrote:but i dont go through the forums whining to complete strangers to help me
"i much prefer to go through the forums whining at complete strangers for ASKING FOR HELP. . . " The Apostle : I want a kangeroo Captain Kirk : Silly Austrians Sarmatiko : Let me guess: you're from US? Captain Kirk : Yeah Riverside IA - why? |

Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
5
|
Posted - 2011.10.21 17:36:00 -
[10] - Quote
Chal0ner wrote:Trade in it's most basic form is very simple. Buy item X at one station and move it to another station where is sells for more than you bought it for. Then sell it.
Actually, the most basic form of trade probably would be to set up a buy order for an item, then relisting it again. Stationtrading, no need to even leave station.
Vyvica, that is how I got into trading, by setting up sell orders for my mission-running stuff. That way you will eventually find some items that can be traded for profit as well as learn the intricacies of the market....
Unbanned since 2011.10.20. |

The Fonz Inspace
Black Sands
0
|
Posted - 2011.10.21 17:49:00 -
[11] - Quote
Keno Skir wrote:The Fonz Inspace wrote:ive been playing this game for years and even now i still have a lot of question. but i dont go through the forums whining to complete strangers to help me. Your questions are not needed here. Go play Yoshi story. This game is obviously too hard on someone like you. noob or not google can be your friend. Fot a first forum post you really jumped right into talking rubbish. Ignore Fonz, contact me in-game and i'll hook you up with some highsec trade runs that should make you some isk. Don't quit on account of people who can't answer your questions even after "years of playing".
I normally just read these post and if I post its on my other toon. I just think I see her on here a lot asking obvious questions. This games not for her. |

Ines Tegator
Project ELT
17
|
Posted - 2011.10.21 22:53:00 -
[12] - Quote
The Fonz Inspace wrote:ive been playing this game for years and even now i still have a lot of question. but i dont go through the forums whining to complete strangers to help me. Your questions are not needed here. Go play Yoshi story. This game is obviously too hard on someone like you. noob or not google can be your friend.
You, sir, are a twit. This is a QUESTION and ANSWER forum. That's what Q&A means, not Quixotic Asshats. |

Cerisia
Lone Star enterprises
207
|
Posted - 2011.10.22 09:53:00 -
[13] - Quote
Ines Tegator wrote:The Fonz Inspace wrote:ive been playing this game for years and even now i still have a lot of question. but i dont go through the forums whining to complete strangers to help me. Your questions are not needed here. Go play Yoshi story. This game is obviously too hard on someone like you. noob or not google can be your friend. You, sir, are a twit. This is a QUESTION and ANSWER forum. That's what Q&A means, not Quixotic Asshats.
Took the words right out of my mouth.
The clue is in the name of this forum "Eve new citizens Q&A" why not go troll the Hello Kitty forums instead Mr Fonz Inspace Free Lyris Nairn, goodposter extraordinaire and Spacebook Superstar. |

Emkayu Goffish
University of Caille Gallente Federation
1
|
Posted - 2011.10.23 11:21:00 -
[14] - Quote
A really simple and easy way to start trading using basic knowledge of Arbitrage can be found here:
www.evetrading.com |
|

CCP Spitfire
C C P C C P Alliance
340

|
Posted - 2011.10.24 07:11:00 -
[15] - Quote
Offtopic posts removed.
CCP Spitfire | Russian Community Coordinator @ccp_spitfire |
|

Aston Bradley
Through the Looking Glass
11
|
Posted - 2011.10.24 14:16:00 -
[16] - Quote
If you want to make isks, this is what you need to do :
- Start doing Mission > build the corporation standing of your choice > Build standings untill you get to do Level 4 missions.
- Keep doing level 4 missions untill you are able to fly one of those 3 ships (T3 cruiser to dps, logistic cruiser, a Tech II or faction battleship to dps).
- Once you can fly one of those ships, move from level 4 missions to incursions. Outside of 0.0, highsec incursions are the safest and best way to make isks at the moment. Since incursions have been added to the game anyone can cover the costs of T3 ships or even a capital ship with ease. If you can't find anyone to run an incursion, go do a level 4.
As far as making isks is concerned this is the path that will garantee you succes. Trading can be lucrative and even be more profitable, but the market barriers are high. You are going to need a lot of base capital to make trading > to incursion running, and there is no garantee you will get your money back.
Go for trading, mining or hauling only if this is what you enjoy doing. While they all allow you to make isks, incursions have higher isk/hour ration. |

Vyvica
Happy Hooligans Burning Spear.
3
|
Posted - 2011.10.25 19:09:00 -
[17] - Quote
CCP Spitfire wrote:Offtopic posts removed.
Did you say something mean? I'm confused. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |