| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 2 post(s) |

Gerak Muad'Dib
Imperial Shipment Amarr Empire
0
|
Posted - 2013.06.07 10:57:00 -
[31] - Quote
Paul Uter wrote:All those poeple claimng big bounties , it will only last for a while and only before you manage to seel before the others
Farming is way to easy and way to abudant amount of sites.
Well .. yes
While I like the new model, I would really like if the made it harder to scan down the sites. Now its like you take the cheapest ship with almost no skills and you can scan anything down. |

Suicidal Blonde
Alchemical Aquisitions
50
|
Posted - 2013.06.07 11:56:00 -
[32] - Quote
Eaorgan Dax wrote:Kaarous Aldurald wrote:Eaorgan Dax wrote:The thing i'm still most pissed about, is the fact that i put at least 6 months of training research skills and countless missioning hours into getting myself in line with level 4 research agent, only to see datacores drop in value like a concrete blob.
I've even heard the new exploration sites drop them now, i haven't done those yet so i can't be sure, but if that's the case, those prices will drop even further. Yes, I can confirm that datacores drop even in highsec exploration sites now. Got a pile of them yesterday. Note to CCP: Passive income is what funds PLEX for a lot of players, especially the ones with multiple accounts. PLEX is what gives you money, do you really wanna push on and make more and more aspects of the game active ones? The only thing left alive sooner or later, are macro miners, you know, the "legal" ones that only have to click once to make the action work on several clients, i don't know if i'm using the correct terminology.
Players who earn isk from passive sources mostly affect the isk value of plex. Not the real world cash flow to ccp. |

Adunh Slavy
932
|
Posted - 2013.06.07 12:38:00 -
[33] - Quote
Worst thing so far for me is, finding sites with nothing in them. They do not seem to despawn very quickly. |
|

CCP Bayesian
844

|
Posted - 2013.06.07 13:05:00 -
[34] - Quote
Adunh Slavy wrote:Worst thing so far for me is, finding sites with nothing in them. They do not seem to despawn very quickly.
We are working to find out why this is occuring. This is definitely not intentional and is very irritating. EVE Software Engineer Team Prototyping Rocks |
|

Seven Koskanaiken
Nothing Is True Everything Is Permitted
194
|
Posted - 2013.06.07 13:07:00 -
[35] - Quote
Why are you running lowsec. There's no rats in the prof sites now and no need to change ships so there's no reason why a trained explorer shouldn't be going out to deepest null. It's called EXPLORATION after all, if everyone does it on their doorstep of course sites will overcrowded. Let the lowsec be for exploration noobs, a few million is big isk to a week old player. This has been a huge buff to low, keep low sites easy = more people in low, sooner. Duh. |

AndromacheDarkstar
Zebra Corp Gentlemen's Agreement
772
|
Posted - 2013.06.07 13:07:00 -
[36] - Quote
There is absolutey nothing wrong with the new system, its engaging and enjoyable. Its the first time i have ever enjoyed making isk in eve, actually its the first thing ive ever enjoyed in eve aside from pvp. The income has been great for somebody like me, i log in at luch scan for an hour and come away with between 100-300 mil isk, ive made 600mil plus from the scanning ive done which was basically one evening on patch day and a couple of hours yesterday before we decide to go and wipe out test (really messing with my scanning fun, hurry up and die test)
Maybe you need to consider running combat sites, possibly venturing into null ( the whole of null apart from fountain will be dead right now so you should be pretty safe) and being less grumpy. GG CCP GG Join the ZC Pub chat channel today and talk about joining-áZebra corp, hands down the best PVP corp in EVE keeping CFC killboards in the green singlehandedly |

Haulie Berry
945
|
Posted - 2013.06.07 13:09:00 -
[37] - Quote
Ivana Boom-Boom wrote:PLEASE.
First off, I ran lowsec relic and data sites for over 4 hours today and came out with about a million isk. That would have previously been over 20 million isk easily. Far more than that for the time I put in.
Second, and perhaps more importantly, there are certain containers that you can not get to. There is an outpost structure that blocks the container (though I managed to scan it and saw there was some decryptors inside!) and your drones, at least, can NOT attack the structure to blow it up to clear it out of the way.
I do see more sites spawn. Fine. That means more loot is out there...However since scanning is sooooo easy now there's also more competition AND the changes to how you gather the loot also reduces your chances of getting it all. Fine. I get that too - you want us to run in groups, etc. However problem number one... It is not worthwhile for us to split between people in a group.
So on top of the fact that it is now a lower income earning profession than planetary interaction, level one missions, and just about everything else in the game for the hours you put in...Oh, not to mention skills you train just to get better at hacking... It's more or less broken. I would really love some fixes here.
I mean, seriously...Not being able to get to containers -- that's a bug. ...and I tried every which way for over 30 minutes ramming into the freaking structure... Hi. The fact that you made that little money means you are doing it wrong. The pay for doing it right is much higher than before odyssey |

Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting Home Front Coalition
505
|
Posted - 2013.06.07 14:24:00 -
[38] - Quote
Garresh wrote:Agreed. Lowsec scanning is terrible now because of how many people are doing it. CCP screwed us by improving exploration, so now we can't be the special little snowflakes we used to be. Clearly Odyssey is a failure.
(go to null)
Lowsec exploration is fine, in fact.... it is better then ever because so many people are doing it! I don't know about you but I'm not in lowsec to 'max my isk making' or some other economic BS, I'm here to have some fun. I simply realized doing these lowsec sites in an expensive T2 covops was gonna be a bad idea. Now that they are easier to find and take longer to complete I finally get to fight over them on any regular basis. I met 2 people in Radar sites the last 2 years. I met and even killed a few people in them in the few days Odyssee has been released. More interaction + more explosions = a better game.
EDIT: Only after typing and submitting this, I realize the post I responded to is probably sarcastic  |

THC Trader
Caldari Provisions Caldari State
41
|
Posted - 2013.06.07 14:33:00 -
[39] - Quote
Made 3b in the past two days doing relic/data sites in nullsec. You're doing it wrong. |

Venom13Games
Center for Advanced Studies Gallente Federation
6
|
Posted - 2013.06.07 14:43:00 -
[40] - Quote
Garresh wrote:Kaarous Aldurald wrote:Garresh wrote:Kaarous Aldurald wrote:@Garresh
You've done a good bit more of this than I have, so I'd like to ask you about something in regards to hacking.
Is it just me, or are the firewalls easily ignored? I have yet to see one that actually locks down the system core. Perhaps it's just a limited sample size on my part (less than 50 sites), but the trend worries me slightly as to this potentially being trivial.
So have you actually had to hack through a firewall or defense to get to the system core? Where are you hacking? The firewalls themselves don't lock down the system core. They lock down the surrounding nodes, which means they only lock down the core if they're adjacent. This by design, so you can circumvent them by taking a different route. However, as you go deeper into low, and null, it's not unusual to see grids with at least 10 firewalls. I think I saw like 15 once. Now factor in death combos like the Inhibitor + Regen, or the sheer stupidity of a 5x inhibitor grid, and the game gets stupidly difficult. In short, bypassing firewalls is by design, because even in lower level ones, if you had to kill every firewall you wouldn't be able to complete it. That's what I meant, if they are adjacent. I have yet to see any of them lock down the system core, by virtue of it being adjacent to one of them. I was starting to wonder whether or not they could always be bypassed and the mechanic ignored. Glad to know it gets tougher in low and null. I'll give that a crack. Huh. To be honest, I never actually clicked a core while a firewall was adjacent, cause it was greyed out. Lol well, I'd report that. I'll test it when I do another exploration run tomorrow. This new stuff is too much fun to not do another run.
Had this happen to me last night. Was too low on Coherence to take down the core, so clicked next to it to see if I could get lucky and find a power-up and a Firewall popped up and blocked the Core from being attacked. I've only run two sites in NPC null so far, but in each I've run into cans where the core was found within reach of a Firewall of some sort.
Hacking III doesn't quite cut it for running these sites in null in my Imicus, so I'm currently training Hacking IV and upgraded to an Anathema. Was about 50/50 cracking cans before they exploded before, hopefully this tips the scales a bit more favorable to me. Looking forward to testing it some more this weekend. |

AndromacheDarkstar
Zebra Corp Gentlemen's Agreement
772
|
Posted - 2013.06.07 15:11:00 -
[41] - Quote
ive been running null sites with skills at 4, tech 1 mods and no rigs in a covert ops and i very very rarely lose a can at all. That seems pretty fair to me. If i train to 5, switch to tech 2 mods and use the rigs im pretty sure i could blast through all the null sites in no time at all, takes a bit of thought and planning now but with the extra coherance ect it would be so quick the earnings would be even better and i dont think you could ever fail.
As far as i can tell the balance right now is great, you dont need full skills to make isk, the minigame is allot of fun despite being so simple. Definately one of the best additions to eve since wormholes. Join the ZC Pub chat channel today and talk about joining-áZebra corp, hands down the best PVP corp in EVE keeping CFC killboards in the green singlehandedly |

Ivana Boom-Boom
Brave Newbies Inc. Brave Collective
1
|
Posted - 2013.06.07 15:51:00 -
[42] - Quote
I hear of some people doing well but I don't believe you can make a billion isk from hacking in lowsec in a few hours... First off. Second, I'm glad a dev confirmed it was bugged. Last, I read up on all of this... My skills are fine and I read the site that shows you where things are... I know about the cargo scanner of course... So..... Am I just unlucky?? |

Haulie Berry
950
|
Posted - 2013.06.07 15:53:00 -
[43] - Quote
Ivana Boom-Boom wrote:I hear of some people doing well but I don't believe you can make a billion isk from hacking in lowsec in a few hours... First off. Second, I'm glad a dev confirmed it was bugged. Last, I read up on all of this... My skills are fine and I read the site that shows you where things are...
http://imgur.com/aNMdLoZ
^ less than 3 hours in low sec.
Quote:I know about the cargo scanner of course... So..... Am I just unlucky??
No, you're not unlucky. It's quite obvious that you're just clicking cans at random in an attempt to get as many as possible. You're doing it wrong. |

Tom Vaille
Aliastra Gallente Federation
0
|
Posted - 2013.06.07 16:43:00 -
[44] - Quote
Yea, I'm seeing some of those...But not nearly as many as everyone else claims. Your cargohold there would take me days to get at my current rate...And I read the site that tells you what's in what container. |

cheese monkey
EVE Corporation 987654321-POP The Marmite Collective
150
|
Posted - 2013.06.07 16:49:00 -
[45] - Quote
+1
always hated the idea of chasing down cans.
it is dumb. |

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
4240
|
Posted - 2013.06.07 17:38:00 -
[46] - Quote
cheese monkey wrote:+1
always hated the idea of chasing down cans.
it is dumb. Translation:
Thinking is bad.
Actually needing to do something to get a reward is bad.
Silver platters are good. To carve a successful niche for yourself in EVE you need to be able to out sell, out produce, out fight,-á out run, or out wit your competitors. If you can do none of the above, your only option is to complain on the forums that somehow you are at a disadvantage using the exact same tool set-áas the rest of the player base. |

Haulie Berry
953
|
Posted - 2013.06.07 17:38:00 -
[47] - Quote
Tom Vaille wrote:Yea, I'm seeing some of those...But not nearly as many as everyone else claims. Your cargohold there would take me days to get at my current rate...And I read the site that tells you what's in what container.
(note: i'm also not the only one who has been getting either bad luck and/or the same experience - so i'm trying to gather a sense for how many other people are in the same boat)
Well. You're not articulating your issue very well.
What are you having trouble with, exactly? Let's split this into three discrete steps.
A. Finding sites/signatures at all. Are you not coming across sites at all? If not, consider moving to a less populated area.
B. Finding cans that have good loot in them. Do you find sites, but when you cargo scan the cans, there's just nothing noteworthy there? This is basically the only "luck" related aspect of it.
C. Grabbing the correct containers. For MOST cans, it is trivial to grab ALL of the "good" loot. I've only ever missed anything on fairly "rich" sites, like certain relic sites with 8+ stacks of salvage.
If you're both finding sites, and finding cans with loot on cargo scan, but not actually receiving loot, it isn't an issue of luck. |

Garresh
Team Chicken and Waffles
254
|
Posted - 2013.06.07 18:49:00 -
[48] - Quote
Thorn Galen wrote:This past Tuesday and Wednesday I was exploring/probing/hacking. (Solo)
In Highsec (0.5) - 4 hours netted me just over 675Million In Nullsec - 4 hours netted me just over 1.24Billion
I had a problem accessing some cans due to them not being accessible, alas I did not log this as a problem but will do so the very next instant I come across it.
I'm not the best hotshot explorer, but hell man, this is easy ISK.
Laugh if you like (I know I did), I used a Gnosis for all the sites. No cloak fitted. Only 2 combat sites in highsec where I switched to a Caracal, for the reason we know that BC's are not allowed into DED3's and 4s. The Caracal creamed those sites.
So far, I love the new exploration, really I do. Just a few minor issues (like accessing some of the cans), other than that, I would probably have made double the ISK in both highsec and null had I taken a buddy with me.
Thanks CCP, this truly rocks :)
Those numbers seem a bit high. The null ones I believe if you were in a region that is semi-uninhabited or whatever. The high sec numbers are out of whack though. Did you escalate a pled or something? I ask because those numbers aren't sustainable. This Space Intentionally Left Blank |

Haulie Berry
959
|
Posted - 2013.06.07 18:52:00 -
[49] - Quote
Garresh wrote:Thorn Galen wrote:This past Tuesday and Wednesday I was exploring/probing/hacking. (Solo)
In Highsec (0.5) - 4 hours netted me just over 675Million In Nullsec - 4 hours netted me just over 1.24Billion
I had a problem accessing some cans due to them not being accessible, alas I did not log this as a problem but will do so the very next instant I come across it.
I'm not the best hotshot explorer, but hell man, this is easy ISK.
Laugh if you like (I know I did), I used a Gnosis for all the sites. No cloak fitted. Only 2 combat sites in highsec where I switched to a Caracal, for the reason we know that BC's are not allowed into DED3's and 4s. The Caracal creamed those sites.
So far, I love the new exploration, really I do. Just a few minor issues (like accessing some of the cans), other than that, I would probably have made double the ISK in both highsec and null had I taken a buddy with me.
Thanks CCP, this truly rocks :)
Those numbers seem a bit high. The null ones I believe if you were in a region that is semi-uninhabited or whatever. The high sec numbers are out of whack though. Did you escalate a pled or something? I ask because those numbers aren't sustainable.
Yeah, those are probably not values you could get consistently, especially the high sec amount. The nullsec value... maybe, but that kind of looks like lucky-faction-tower-BPC drop.
I seem to be able to sustain 100m/hr in null and low, so far, on very mundane loot (salvage, decryptors, non-faction tower BPCs), but I've only done about 8 hours worth of exploration in total on TQ, so I wouldn't say I'm quite statistical significance, yet. |

Garresh
Team Chicken and Waffles
255
|
Posted - 2013.06.07 19:05:00 -
[50] - Quote
Ivana Boom-Boom wrote:I hear of some people doing well but I don't believe you can make a billion isk from hacking in lowsec in a few hours... First off. Second, I'm glad a dev confirmed it was bugged. Last, I read up on all of this... My skills are fine and I read the site that shows you where things are... I know about the cargo scanner of course... So..... Am I just unlucky??
In contradiction to my previous post...you totally can, but its not sustainable. I make about 150 mil/hr with level 4 skills and losing some cans. But I watched a 100 mil can blow up in my face last night, so once I get hacking 5 its going to go even higher... This Space Intentionally Left Blank |

Garresh
Team Chicken and Waffles
255
|
Posted - 2013.06.07 19:10:00 -
[51] - Quote
Actually, while we're epeening, what racial loot were you hunting? My rates with with mjnmatar angel decryptors, and that looks like it'll come out to 160mil/hr with max skills in null. This Space Intentionally Left Blank |

Stonecrusher Mortlock
University of Caille Gallente Federation
156
|
Posted - 2013.06.07 19:20:00 -
[52] - Quote
what the people telling you they made a 1B so easy are leaving out it the fact they got a faction tower BPC |

Galatea Galilei
Profoundly Inquisitive Exploration
33
|
Posted - 2013.06.08 05:59:00 -
[53] - Quote
Haulie Berry wrote: The pay for doing it right is much higher than before odyssey Depends on your arcade/twitch game skills. If you have good hand-eye coordination, yeah you can grab up all the juiciest containers and make out like a bandit. If you don't, you get three cans of scrap and everything else goes poof. Exploration is now a game only for those with the dexterity for it... for people like me, the rewards have been nerfed into the ground. |

Haulie Berry
979
|
Posted - 2013.06.08 06:06:00 -
[54] - Quote
Galatea Galilei wrote:Haulie Berry wrote: The pay for doing it right is much higher than before odyssey Depends on your arcade/twitch game skills. If you have good hand-eye coordination, yeah you can grab up all the juiciest containers and make out like a bandit. If you don't, you get three cans of scrap and everything else goes poof. Exploration is now a game only for those with the dexterity for it... for people like me, the rewards have been nerfed into the ground.
It doesn't really require any more dexterity than interacting with the rest of the Eve UI, imo. |

Garresh
Team Chicken and Waffles
256
|
Posted - 2013.06.08 07:15:00 -
[55] - Quote
Galatea Galilei wrote:Haulie Berry wrote: The pay for doing it right is much higher than before odyssey Depends on your arcade/twitch game skills. If you have good hand-eye coordination, yeah you can grab up all the juiciest containers and make out like a bandit. If you don't, you get three cans of scrap and everything else goes poof. Exploration is now a game only for those with the dexterity for it... for people like me, the rewards have been nerfed into the ground.
AT LAST, MY YEARS OF NINJA SALVAGING AND EXPLORATION HAVE COME TOGETHER. MY TIME HAS COME. This Space Intentionally Left Blank |

Charley en Cedoulain
Renzler Industries Omnium Libertatem
6
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 19:24:00 -
[56] - Quote
In low and nullsec I average about 100 mil/hr. I ran 8 sites last night, 6 relic, 2 data and my wallet is sitting a little under 1 billion isk after selling everything. The t1 BPC's are going downhill quickly, was able to get 1 T2 rig BPC that sold really well and I lost a True Sansha POS module BPC that was worth around 200 mil due to hacking failure. I wouldn't waste much time in high sec due to overpopulation and also NPC nullsec doesn't seem to have anything else but combat sites either. All of my exploration so far has been done in a T1 Heron with level 3 skills, only lose a can every now and then, think I lost 2 cans total last night. New exploration is definitely more profitable than it seemed it was prior to odyssey. |

Diablo Aeglaeca
Diabolos AEGLAECA Dark Empire Alliance
2
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 19:56:00 -
[57] - Quote
Eaorgan Dax wrote:The thing i'm still most pissed about, is the fact that i put at least 6 months of training research skills and countless missioning hours into getting myself in line with level 4 research agent, only to see datacores drop in value like a concrete blob.
I've even heard the new exploration sites drop them now, i haven't done those yet so i can't be sure, but if that's the case, those prices will drop even further.
the data cores do drop. I have 3 toons passively researching for data cores, the prices for the cores has dropped as well since this release. People are getting quick, easy access to items that people had to train countless hours for and grind countless missions for.
honestly, CCP broke R&D agents. can I have my skillpoints back please?!!!  |

Mr Mutombo
Zulu Uprising
2
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 20:01:00 -
[58] - Quote
Garresh wrote:Agreed. Lowsec scanning is terrible now because of how many people are doing it. CCP screwed us by improving exploration, so now we can't be the special little snowflakes we used to be. Clearly Odyssey is a failure.
(go to null)
not different there, fanboy |

Haulie Berry
1010
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 20:02:00 -
[59] - Quote
Diablo Aeglaeca wrote:Eaorgan Dax wrote:The thing i'm still most pissed about, is the fact that i put at least 6 months of training research skills and countless missioning hours into getting myself in line with level 4 research agent, only to see datacores drop in value like a concrete blob.
I've even heard the new exploration sites drop them now, i haven't done those yet so i can't be sure, but if that's the case, those prices will drop even further. the data cores do drop. I have 3 toons passively researching for data cores, the prices for the cores has dropped as well since this release. People are getting quick, easy access to items that people had to train countless hours for and grind countless missions for. honestly, CCP broke R&D agents. can I have my skillpoints back please?!!! 
....are you slow?
Datacore prices have been in the gutter since they were added to FW LP stores.
Also, exploration sites have ALWAYS dropped datacores.
Also, no, your skillpoints will not be refunded. The skills are still VERY useful. |

Diablo Aeglaeca
Diabolos AEGLAECA Dark Empire Alliance
2
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 20:05:00 -
[60] - Quote
Garresh wrote:It's only ruined if your bad. I'm sorry, but there's really no other response here. I made a billion isk in the last 2 days, just playing for a few hours after work. The new system adds some much needed interaction, and means I don't have to watch netflix to retain sanity while I'm clearing rats and waiting out my hacking cycles. I loved scanning, but the exploration sites themselves were **** before. Now they're excellent. The hacking minigame isn't amazing, but it's a nice first step and I like it because it actually does have a bit of strategy. It's like a mini roguelike game.
So not only do we not have to deal with boring tedious rats in sites, but our ability to clear sites quickly is based on some degree of personal skill. Plus with good prioritizing of cans and a cargo scanner, you can get 100% of high value loot from every site, and you don't even need to click quickly. My process for a site is cargo scan it, prioritize my cans, then when the spew happens, I casually look through for the cans of choice. Sometimes I'll waste the first 5 secodns sifting through, before clicking one can. Most sites I get all the loot I want in 2-3 clicks. If I'm feeling antsy though, I'll spam click after that, but it's usually crap, and only worth it if you want to up your income by 5% on relic sites.
Oh, and as a solo hacker, our available space went from about 800 lowsec systems, to an additional 3200 nullsec systems. That's a 400% increase in available exploration space.
There's literally no downside for the solo explorer this patch. Now I can enjoy my PvE and exploration even more, and get rich doing it, which means more time do what my other fun time of solo PvP. It's a great time for a solo pilot. Oh, and the firetail get buffed.
due to loot item dilution you will not experience this amount of isk take home since this past weekend. too much supply now, I hope that you sincerely cashed in your items for isk because your "loot value estimation" in your cargo is likely to be 50% of what that estimate used to be |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |