| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Ghoest
|
Posted - 2005.11.15 00:01:00 -
[1]
Give each character a record of all systems visited.
Then add a new module that allows warping to with in 1km of gates - only in systems you have visited before.
But if that doesnt work the current system on test is much better than what we have now.
|

Nolan Moon
|
Posted - 2005.11.15 05:32:00 -
[2]
According to F10, we already have a record of systems visited.
I like the idea; I was thinking earlier today that it would be nice to still be able to use insta BMs just because it gives EVE the mapmaker/explorer feel. Maybe if you could only 0km warp to objects which you have bookmarked it would be easier on the servers/lag (in that object BMs might be easier on the system than coordinate BMs).
Anyway, obviously something needs to be done about instalag, and removing BMs/dispersing fleets with superweapons will likely do the trick, but just replacing BMs with mods/skills takes away the unique aspect of the BM part of the game.
|

Snake Jankins
|
Posted - 2005.11.15 09:38:00 -
[3]
Originally by: Ghoest Give each character a record of all systems visited.
Then add a new module that allows warping to with in 1km of gates - only in systems you have visited before.
But if that doesnt work the current system on test is much better than what we have now.
Ok, this will give you a home advantage. Maybe it's also what you want. I don't say anything against it.
Personally I would just visit all systems that matter to me with an interceptor or a covert-ops. So give me two days and I'm down to 1km accuracy for all systems that matter to me at the moment. That's the drawback and then I had that accuracy for every ship, also BS and industrials.
'This is either my own opinion or not an opinion at all.' |

Beringe
|
Posted - 2005.11.15 09:50:00 -
[4]
Home advantage would be cool. It would extra meaning to scouting out a system (and if it is the gang leader who did it, then perhaps fleets could move faster over "home territory").
Don't let the home advantage be permanent, though. I'd say: don't keep the record more than two weeks...that should relieve DB load as well as taking away the home advantage if you just don't live there any more... ------------------------------------------- Sometimes, I wake up but keep on dreaming. |

FireFoxx80
|
Posted - 2005.11.15 10:09:00 -
[5]
The issue lays with 'how many visits to a system constitutes familiarity?'
Eg, could I just spend a day jumping between 3-4 systems, get my visit count up, and WTFPWN any enemy ships?
23? # Missile Tool # ex: P-TMC : USAC |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |