| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Archemedes
|
Posted - 2003.08.11 11:40:00 -
[1]
I've seen that weapon hits can be anything from a "scratch" to "wrecking" (or a complete miss), and I was wondering if there's any way to make good hits more likely? I know that if you're outside optimal range or the target is moving too fast you get fewer and weaker hits, but what if that isn't the case? Assuming that:
1) The target is at or closer than optimum range 2) The target is moving no faster than your tracking speed can handle
can you increase the chance of a good hit? For instance, will I get better hits if the target is CLOSER than optimum range or my tracking is FASTER than the target? For example, if I shoot at a ship moving at 0.5 rad/s (or ms, or whatever) will I get more wrecking / excellent hits if I have 0.12 tracking than 0.6?
|

Alexia Te'Len
|
Posted - 2003.08.11 11:51:00 -
[2]
Edited by: Alexia Te'Len on 11/08/2003 11:55:45 I think it's based on the type of ammo (Obviously) and range more than anything else.
My Slasher (Dammit...it feels soooooooooo satisfying to get one of those things when you're relying on NPC bounties and Agent missions alone!) sports a 200MM Gatlin Cannon that uses Titanium Sabot (S) rounds.
It has a top speed of 450...needless to say, shoving my gun in their face seems to be doing anywhere between 7.0 and 11.0 damage...plus with the speed she's moving at, even against three "Angel Avengers" her shields are capable of holding out.
|

drunkenmaster
|
Posted - 2003.08.11 11:55:00 -
[3]
Quote: I've... ....0.6?
Tracking enhancers will help you get more of the higher hitting shots.
Tracking computers even more so.
The rest will come down to skill, guns, and ammo types. .
|

Valeria
|
Posted - 2003.08.11 11:56:00 -
[4]
I believe it's completely random, with Projectiles having a much increased chance of "wrecking" and "perfect" hits. Atleast in beta, when I last used them, I was getting wrecking hits all the time. Now with Hybrids, I think i've seen one or two wrecking hits in 2 months. Ah, I remember my uber Rifter with dual 150mm 'Scouts', hitting for 300 damage at insane range.
And even if my target is completely immobile within my optimal range, and I am aswell, I still hit anywhere between 0.6 and 200 damage.
Your 425mm Prototype I Gauss Gun perfectly strikes some nublar, wrecking for 1155.0 damage. |

Ruulex DeMors
|
Posted - 2003.08.11 12:03:00 -
[5]
I'm sure there is some randomness to it, but with Tracking Processors running I get Excellent and Wrecking hits far more often than with out them. Plus I never seem to miss with Tracking Processors running. ------------------------------------- Interm-CEO for EVE Marshals http://www.EVEMarshals.com |

Kari Stefansson
|
Posted - 2003.08.11 12:09:00 -
[6]
and what tracking morules do you use ?
|

Aronis Contar
|
Posted - 2003.08.11 13:20:00 -
[7]
Tracking definitely plays a role. Slap a few low-slot enhancers in (like F-AQ Trackers, etc...), and maybe a mid-slot tracking computer. Boosts your tracking a lot, and you can easily shoot down frigates with your large lasers at close range (=less than 5000m).
Ciao, Aronis!
|

BH Mythos
|
Posted - 2003.08.11 14:57:00 -
[8]
Things that determin if and how well you hit are tracking speed of the gun, the realitive velocity of the target, and size of the target. Tracking speed being the most important.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |