| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

LeFleur
The Scope Gallente Federation
0
|
Posted - 2013.06.25 19:46:00 -
[1] - Quote
While the builtin webbrowser can access google docs, it can not load the documents, and that's a pity because it would be really great for miners, merchants and specially industrialists.
There's already a feature to allow trusted sites, so if a site is already trusted, let it add AJAX support. I know this means client side javascript, and that it's kind of dangerous, but if you limit javascript only to trusted sites, it's not that big of a problem.
You could limit it only for google docs, if you want. I just want spreadsheet access ingame without making you develope or integrate one. |

Gorgoth24
Sickology
29
|
Posted - 2013.06.25 23:45:00 -
[2] - Quote
I'm not a programmer so I don't know what the possible implications of allowing such script into EVE online would be, but allowing spreadsheets to be accessed in "Spreadsheets Online" makes an enormous amount of sense to my muggle mind.
+1 |

LeFleur
The Scope Gallente Federation
0
|
Posted - 2013.06.26 11:52:00 -
[3] - Quote
Yes, I mentioned Google Docs because I use that service, but any online spreadsheet service would be good for this. The online part is good because you can work those spreadsheets also from outside of EVE, and that's a big bonus for people that work. |

LeFleur
EVE University Ivy League
0
|
Posted - 2013.07.12 20:22:00 -
[4] - Quote
I fail to see why there's no love for this idea, I guess I'm more involved in certain aspects of the game than most people. |

Jonah Gravenstein
Balius and Xanthus Traditional Gunsmiths
10421
|
Posted - 2013.07.12 20:58:00 -
[5] - Quote
The IGB is able to load the spreadsheets, via a little workaround detailed below, what you can't do is create one using it.
It looks like they've changed the google docs code a little since I last used it ingame, to workaround the code change right click on the spreadsheet you want and select preview, the preview comes up on the right, click it and the sheet should open.
Let me know if you're successful.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad." |

Elfi Wolfe
University of Caille Gallente Federation
2
|
Posted - 2013.07.12 21:17:00 -
[6] - Quote
I use spreadsheets now with pulls from eve-central. I did not make this but did made the dataimport page. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AudGQtGeO0GpdDMyVDdDc2tvR3lBa0IzVGdQdUFYMXc&usp=drive_web#gid=5 -á This may help you. Copy to your own Google docs to edit. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |