| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Gunny Mac
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 00:16:00 -
[1]
anybody got it ? you know the one im talking about the one they was talking about in CNN. i can't get to Microsoft Support cuz of a 2 hour hold before anyone talks to you on top of that i can only stay online for a few min's before my PC restarts. my antiVirus isn't doing anything. anybody know what to do ???
ahhhHHH CRAP!! here we go "system shutdown in 35 sec's" .....GODDAMNIT |

Robeyone
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 00:18:00 -
[2]
Hmmm this sounds like tech support. Format your harddrive 
http://www.ronacorp.com |

Valeria
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 00:25:00 -
[3]
Friend of mine had this. Might not be the same for you... anyway, shut down msblast.exe in processes, delete it from windows\system32\, then install this.
Worth a shot?
Your 425mm Prototype I Gauss Gun perfectly strikes some nublar, wrecking for 1155.0 damage. |

Arathmon
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 00:28:00 -
[4]
Heh... my computer kept restarting for the past couple of days. The blame lies in a faulty RAID controller driver, so I doubt you have a virus. They're usually *much* more malignant than just making you restart. --------------- I used to be in the FA. I like cookies. Eve Radio is teh pwn. |

Bas Rutten
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 00:29:00 -
[5]
Umm yah I got the same issue ... I get a one minute warning b4 my system reboots, telling me about some RPC that was shut down ... next thing I did was check for a patch and install it ... and now I have to wait and see. The patch is available here:
link ____________________________________
Deny the Urge - brutal Death from Germoney
|

Temerity
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 00:32:00 -
[6]
Yeah, what the heck is that msblast.exe? It's in my startup list and I disabled it after getting NT Authority reboots today. So far no reboots since getting rid of it.
|

Mitch Taylor
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 00:33:00 -
[7]
The problem here is something is causing a system critical running process to shut down, try ending a process like system or csrss.exe and the same thing will happen. Not sure how to stop it though.....sorry 
|

Hanns
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 00:45:00 -
[8]
Edited by: Hanns on 12/08/2003 00:50:26 ive had the RPC "your system will restart in.... seconds" error, and ive had friends who have it, and they all play eve !!! EEK , plus it happend to me while playing eve, has to quickly warp to a planet while i hade like 24 seconds till pc restarted !
|

Murdoc
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 00:55:00 -
[9]
this is what im talking about. i get that RPC message then a1 min't warning. they was just talking about in on CNN. it is a virus. crap here we go later
|

Xtreme Wrath
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 01:08:00 -
[10]
OKay folks this is a new worm/virus that is out there... go to this URL for details and fixes It is symantec's website and no I am not trying to pimp Norton...
Symantec link
What we do in Life, echoes in eternity Strength and honor |

Gunny Mac
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 01:20:00 -
[11]
Edited by: Gunny Mac on 12/08/2003 01:21:19 Hey thanks Valeria, that seems to do the trick no restart as of yet. i'v been online for more than 20 sec's so thats a plus. if any of you have the same prob do as Valeria says.
well n/m here comes the System shutdown message. crap |

DJBoo
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 01:58:00 -
[12]
y0, very simple problem no big worries,
RPC exploit, sorta like winnuke again,only works on NT os's. patch here
MS link
Virus made to dos attack windowsupdate, thats about it, and keep the reboots rolling.. patch here
Symantec link
there you have it, relax, eve it up. N Joy.. o yea, Run UNIX..
Seeya
DJBoo
|

Erty
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 02:18:00 -
[13]
Quote: Edited by: Hanns on 12/08/2003 00:50:26 ive had the RPC "your system will restart in.... seconds" error, and ive had friends who have it, and they all play eve !!! EEK , plus it happend to me while playing eve, has to quickly warp to a planet while i hade like 24 seconds till pc restarted !
It doesn't have anything to do with EVE.
This is my signature. |

nonsequitur
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 02:33:00 -
[14]
I had the same problem, it started just today (Aug 11). Thanks to one of my mates he clued me in on this in the short time I was able to log into EVE. He sent me an evemail since I had rebooted just as he said "You have a virus...[click]"
This specific cause of RPC reboots is only related to NT based OS's NT, Windows 2000, or XP. If you are getting these symptoms on another Operating system then you may have other issues.
I had noticed that there was a file being loaded called msblast.exe located in the C:\windows\system32 folder since this morning, but thought nothing other than what the hell is that [click* end task]. Though I did not experiance the reboots until I got up from bed and got ready to check my next skill study. I did notice that the reboots only happend when connected to the internet. To make a long story short, My problems were directly related to the DCOM/RPC exploit using a buffer overflow. The MS patch fixed the reboot issue long enough for me to get the patch from mcafee and get my firewall reinstalled and blocking those crap UDP packets causing my crashes.
for you non Norton AV users here is the link regarding the worm that uses the exploit to infect your PC.
W32/Lovsan.worm
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026
Also McAfee has a dedicated removal tool for ppl that don't have a Virus software installed, or cannot get it through the updates.
Stinger.exe
In order to make this stop you will have to patch your OS with the appropriate patch listed in the Security bulletin from Microsoft (linked above). Then to prevent against further attacks you need to invest (money and/or time) in a decent firewall and block everything you dont need to surf the net of play your games.
Anyway, good luck in geting your system locked down and hope this helps.
|

Zezman
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 03:30:00 -
[15]
You know what would be really funny? If you had that virus and while you were typing a repl
(»)(») À\Oo/ À=\/= This is Rat. It is a vermin. It has eaten all of Bunny's lettuce. |

nonsequitur
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 04:04:00 -
[16]
Quote:
You know what would be really funny? If you had that virus and while you were typing a repl
You know what is even funnier? Someone who thinks his post will be sent when his machine re-boots in the middle of typing the word "Reply", even though he never got a chance to click the Post Reply button and send it to the server. Levity will not remedy this issue, though I suppose some people do enjoy the suffering of others.
|

Angelus Ice
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 04:17:00 -
[17]
Nonseq: STFU
I thought that was pretty funny, some nice lightening up of the situation.
Quote: I will take you with my Battleship, my Plasma rifle or my Knife...It doesen't matter, But I will take you..I'll Fry your mind.
|

Zezman
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 04:23:00 -
[18]
Quote:
You know what is even funnier? Someone who thinks his post will be sent when his machine re-boots in the middle of typing the word "Reply", even though he never got a chance to click the Post Reply button and send it to the server. Levity will not remedy this issue, though I suppose some people do enjoy the suffering of others.
"Yes Pat, I would like to buy a clue"
Helloooo... this is how comedy works foo.
(»)(») À\Oo/ À=\/= This is Rat. It is a vermin. It has eaten all of Bunny's lettuce. |

DJBoo
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 04:33:00 -
[19]
Hey yea, read my first post, to patch the RCP sevice, but now norton.com put out there free removal tool for w32.blaster.worm, and the link to get the rcp patch is also in the article..
Seeya.
here ya go..
Symantec link
|

Nirvy
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 04:36:00 -
[20]
This also started happening to me yesterday
To fix download this Patch
link
Stop it rebooting by turning off thwe reboot on error in properties of RPC in the services area Mercenary | The Azath |

Skelator
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 04:43:00 -
[21]
http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?date=2003-08-11
Hope this helps
They have us Surrounded again.. the Poor Bastards |

roman
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 04:50:00 -
[22]
Nonsequitur and also other ppl contributing to this post I really thank you and appeciate for your time and knowladge ,I had really hard time today by the virus but your helps looks fixed the probelm .thanks again.
***Insert Official Disclaimer of Responsibility Here*** |

Sc0rpion
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 07:33:00 -
[23]
Considering the seriousness of the security flaw, this could have been MUCH more damaging than it was.
I shudder to think of the possibilities.
"The true secret to enjoying life is to live it dangerously."
-Freidrich Nietzche |

Shintai
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 08:01:00 -
[24]
Edited by: Shintai on 12/08/2003 08:04:08 Only 1 month old bug with a patch july 11. Those that haven¦t patched yet deserve to get it.
And for hint, use the windows autoupdate feature, unless you got a pirate version. If you got XP remember to disable the simple file sharing aswell.
And don¦t run all the crappy .exe files you get from friends, kazaa, dcc etc. 
Abstraction and Transcendence: Nature, Shintai, and Geometry |

sutty
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 08:09:00 -
[25]
ditto I was having a problem last night with some NT AUTH that was giving me a min warning to shut down my pc o.O so I formated :P
|

drunkenmaster
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 08:40:00 -
[26]
this thread has been zezzed!
Aside from the humour, which was most welcome, it's good to see people come together to help each other.
I run a tight ship at home, so hopefully, I won't fall prey to this one, but I know of a few people that have.
Not nice. .
|

Yangja Isuko
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 09:21:00 -
[27]
wow, so i'm not the only one with that problem. i had them last night just as i was involved with the event in chaven.
|

JimmySav
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 10:23:00 -
[28]
i got this virus ( i think) yesterday, but after some frenzied rebooting and patching it seems ok now
Jim'll Fix it For You. ( and you and you!)
|

Violation
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 11:21:00 -
[29]
I have this, I thought I was the only one...it was driving me crazy. I tried what Valeria said so I'm hoping that'l do it...
|

Laer
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 18:59:00 -
[30]
That's what people get for not running a Firewall...tough luck I say
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |