| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Firstname Lastname
|
Posted - 2005.12.11 18:33:00 -
[31]
Edited by: Firstname Lastname on 11/12/2005 18:33:50
Originally by: Maia Caedes Mission whoring is a seperate part of the game, as is trading or pirating.
Why force people to enter a PvP area when they are clearly not equiped for that setup? Im not saying that there shouldnt be a risk for higher lv missions but moving ALL lv 3 and 4's into low sec is unfair.
What would be better is moving all the higher quality lv 3 and 4's into high sec. That way at least people have a CHOICE
;)
yes, and instead of making you have to actually go to the mission, why not just have the agents deposit isk directly into your wallet immediately after accepting the mission, because mission runners aren't there for any challenge, just to make isk
in fact why not just donate isk into people's wallet anyways, because mission runners aren't there to contact their agent, just make isk!
also let's make a /missionrunner option where if you do that you have a magical shield protecting you from the awful demon of PVP and if anything tries to lock you their instantly explode, because misison runners aren't there for PVP, just to make ISK!
|

Harum Skarum
|
Posted - 2005.12.11 18:59:00 -
[32]
Missions in low sec just need to be more profitable to make them worth the risk. 10-15% LP/hour difference between running missions in a .5 and a .1 system just isnt enough.
I dont think that the solution is to nerf high sec Empire, production and trading make alot more ISK/hour than LVL 4s anyway with zero risk. Even mining low ends is on par with mission running isk wise.
.1-.4 is what needs a boost. Depending on the region it is as risky as alliance controlled 0.0 and the rewards are hardly worth it.
Ratting in low sec empire is a waste of time, mining there gives about the same ISK/hour as in high sec and missions are just a tiny bit more profitable than in 1.0. Low sec empire is not the stepping stone to 0.0 for newer players, its just a waste of time.
|

Shai Faetal
|
Posted - 2005.12.11 19:22:00 -
[33]
move all lvl 3 and 4 agent to low sec system like amamake and have all the player pirates come in and camp every gate and station in it 24/7. - meh. go away (forum ***** wannabe) |

Wild Rho
|
Posted - 2005.12.11 19:44:00 -
[34]
Have the profit from a level 4 mission (and probably yhe difficulty) only a iny bit above a good level 3 for high sec space and move the very lucrative missions to low sec space.
Spread the low sec ones out alot so there aren't places where agent runners group up and get farmed by gate camps (lets face it an agent runner isnt going to have any time to do missions if they are having to constantly fight off gate camps).
Level 4 missions in low sec should be very profitable but should carry the same sort of risks as most other high profit/high risk professions. The npcs in the missions are not a risk to anyone who knows what they are doing, the only real risk comes from lag spikes and crashes.
|

FreeHansje
|
Posted - 2005.12.11 20:13:00 -
[35]
Why do so many ppl want more ppl in lowsec space?
----- FreeHansje
Yes, I'm a Newby. So sue me! |

Keta Min
|
Posted - 2005.12.11 20:35:00 -
[36]
Originally by: Firstname Lastname Edited by: Firstname Lastname on 11/12/2005 20:17:00 Edited by: Firstname Lastname on 11/12/2005 20:13:58 Edited by: Firstname Lastname on 11/12/2005 20:12:44 Edited by: Firstname Lastname on 11/12/2005 18:33:50
Originally by: Maia Caedes Mission whoring is a seperate part of the game, as is trading or pirating.
Why force people to enter a PvP area when they are clearly not equiped for that setup? Im not saying that there shouldnt be a risk for higher lv missions but moving ALL lv 3 and 4's into low sec is unfair.
What would be better is moving all the higher quality lv 3 and 4's into high sec. That way at least people have a CHOICE
;)
yes, and instead of making you have to actually go to the mission, why not just have the agents deposit isk directly into your wallet immediately after accepting the mission, because mission runners aren't there for any challenge, just to make isk
in fact why not just donate isk into people's wallet anyways, because mission runners aren't there to contact their agent, just make isk!
also let's make a /missionrunner option where if you do that you have a magical shield protecting you from the awful demon of PVP and if anything tries to lock you their instantly explode, because misison runners aren't there for PVP, just to make ISK!
edit: HAHAHA! I just got permabanned for this post! Could someone tell me what i did here that's permaban worthy?
When Will I be able to post again ? never
this idea goes in the right direction, i propose a general /pvp command tho, because when you want to mine in 0.0 you're not setup for pvp so why should people shoot you? this command would disable the possibility of taking damage from other pilots.
|

Corovus
|
Posted - 2005.12.11 21:14:00 -
[37]
I don't think most of the veteran players appreciate how little isk people who are doing lvl 3's have. They can't afford to be continually ganked by pirates every time they want to play. Players will walk away from that part of the game if they can't do it. Not everybody wants to pvp all the time. The money has to come from somewhere.
|

Agricola Augusta
|
Posted - 2005.12.11 22:14:00 -
[38]
If I could afford a second account to create a mining alt in order to support a pirate on my first account. Then in that case I suppose I could slag off mission runners with one account for not taking risks, and only doing it for ISK. 90% of pirates are closet carebears, all they want is more easy kills to save them from the boredom of mining 24/7 on thier other account. PvP costs me money, so I farm lvl 3 missions to pay for it. It's the least boring way to do it so please give mission runners a break!
|

Montague Zooma
|
Posted - 2005.12.11 23:45:00 -
[39]
Originally by: Agricola Augusta
PvP costs me money, so I farm lvl 3 missions to pay for it. It's the least boring way to do it so please give mission runners a break!
Exactly. Those who are wealthy in skills and isk will seek greater challenges whether it be in low sec or 0.0. But there's a significant portion of the playerbase that's just scraping by. I venture into the more PVP probable areas when I can afford to...the rest of the time I'm in "safer" space trying to build my resources back up. Since I tend to lose more of my ships on level 3 missions than to PVP, I spend a lot of time in "rebuilding" mode. I figure if missions still give me trouble, I have no business looking for pvp anyway....
|

Rigsta
|
Posted - 2005.12.12 00:45:00 -
[40]
Edited by: Rigsta on 12/12/2005 00:49:03
Originally by: without
Originally by: Grimwalius d'Antan Hi sec is too lucrative. even though low sec and 0.0 is endlessly more profitable, hi sec offers too much ISK to bother going for the bigger bucks. Level 4 agents are perhaps the number one perp here.
its stupid to have any agents > lvl 2 in empire
why would they agents get a lone guy to kill rats for them when concord live in empire and can WTF pawn anything.
move all lvl 3 agents to <0.4, move all lvl 4 agents into 0.0
ppl will ***** and cry but lvl 4s should never of been in empire space tbh
What's the first thing that happens to someone when they venture out of secure space? More often than not it's ship loss (in roughly oh, 10 seconds or so in most cases right now) that you're completely unprepared for. That's EVE outside of empire, and yeah the risk is exciting, but not everyone wants that and there's no reason for CCP to force them to leave empire if they don't want to. As has been said, choice is the issue here - and making it worth the risk when people shooce to leave secure space. ----------------------------------------------- My Ideas: Drones wish list <-- 2 years old :O
|

Herko Kerghans
|
Posted - 2005.12.12 01:47:00 -
[41]
Originally by: Agricola Augusta 90% of pirates are closet carebears.
And you know this percentage how?
-
Barriers - an EVE novel |

Zazi
|
Posted - 2005.12.12 02:30:00 -
[42]
Originally by: Keta Min
this idea goes in the right direction, i propose a general /pvp command tho, because when you want to mine in 0.0 you're not setup for pvp so why should people shoot you? this command would disable the possibility of taking damage from other pilots.
That has got to be the worst idea I have ever heard. This isn't WoW.
|

Soldier 001
|
Posted - 2005.12.12 03:52:00 -
[43]
Originally by: FreeHansje Why do so many ppl want more ppl in lowsec space?
Because that means more people for them to gank. Rather sad actually.. "Lets go after the dude with the PvE setup!"....
Pirates that sit in .4 > .1 need to get out to .0 and go against a real target. Sick of hearing the "I was just mining and he shot me" or "I'm rat hunting and this **** comes outta no where and just kills me".
GO FOR A REAL TARGET PIRATES!
|

Meryl Stryfe
|
Posted - 2005.12.12 04:15:00 -
[44]
Well, if the EW rat changes also apply to belt rats, your PVE setup is going to suck. 
Take comfort in the fact that belt rats don't pod. 
-- AO refugee? pst! |

DeathForMeh
|
Posted - 2005.12.12 04:53:00 -
[45]
Originally by: Zazi
Originally by: Keta Min
this idea goes in the right direction, i propose a general /pvp command tho, because when you want to mine in 0.0 you're not setup for pvp so why should people shoot you? this command would disable the possibility of taking damage from other pilots.
That has got to be the worst idea I have ever heard. This isn't WoW.
What is even a worse idea is sarcasim on the internet It's isnt a place for jokes ok! -------------------------------------------- X I was here |

Ja'kar
|
Posted - 2005.12.12 05:01:00 -
[46]
Originally by: Maia CaedesMission whoring is a seperate part of the game, as is trading or pirating.
Why force people to enter a PvP area when they are clearly not equiped for that setup? Im not saying that there shouldnt be a risk for higher lv missions but moving ALL lv 3 and 4's into low sec is unfair.
What would be better is moving all the higher quality lv 3 and 4's into high sec. That way at least people have a CHOICE
;)
the lady has apoint let ther ebe agents in high space- just let tehm be not so good and get better with the low sec systems, little ppl got to hav a chance to play and learn... tho i o feel there should be more isk in o.4- anyway my 2cents
|

Wee Dave
|
Posted - 2005.12.12 05:14:00 -
[47]
Low-sec agents would need a boost. You can make 11-12 million ISK an hour in high-sec missions. If you can only make 15 million in low-sec that isn't worth it.
Remember: most mission runner setups are stocked to the eyeballs with good gear because you know that cap recharger 2 will let you tank indefinitely, no doubt about it. In pvp there's a chance you will get ganked by multiple opponents, get unlucky with someone who has the exact setup to counter yours etc.
It's the risk you take in pvp, but when pvping I don't fly something I can't afford to lose. When missioning I do fly something I can't afford to lose as it is very, very, very unlikely I will lose it. If you fit faction mods onto a missioning hac or bs then you stand to lose a month's worth of mission running income if you get unlucky. And since you are often sent out of the system, you will probably need to go through gates dozens of times a day.
Remember that if the agent location is static, a good agent system will be heavily camped ... it isn't a 'chance' or a 'risk' as if there are mission runners there, they will have to be going in and out of the system fairly regularly. One faction mod is a huge boost to the average pirate. It will be heavily camped.
So, unless lowsec/0.0 mission running gets a *huge* boost, people will abandon mission running altogether in favour of npcing (which can be done with a cheaper setup for a little less isk/hour) or mining in safe space.
Look at it this way: If I can make 15 million isk an hour in high sec compared to making 5 million an hour, I'll go for 15 million.
But if it's a choice of 20 million in low-sec and 5 million in high-sec, it depends on the cost-risk of low-sec.
My setup is a cheap one for a level 4 mission runner. It's worth about 200 million isk (no faction mods). That doesn't include the ship of course as its insured. So basically if I get blown up by player pirates once every twenty hours I'm par whether I go high-sec or low sec. If I add better modules it becomes even less favourable.
But by mission running in low-sec in an area not secured by my corpmates or alliance-mates I'm painting a huge bullseye across my ship because pirates know where I'm going. If they see me go into the agent system and come out twice, they'll be sure to know that's what I do. And if this agent has ten runners working for him a day, for two hours a day, each one with a setup worth 200 million isk, that's a huge incentive to camp. It will always be extremely dangerous.
The reasoning lvl 4s are popular is because its a good stable source of income for the time-poor, solo/small group players. By removing these elements you will destroy mission running. You can correct it by increasing the rewards of low-sec/0.0 agents then nerfing high-sec agents, but without a substantial boost to low-sec agents it simply won't be profitable to run them.
|

Drunkeh
|
Posted - 2005.12.12 05:31:00 -
[48]
Originally by: Larsson7 Any agents that I run are in 0.3 and below so I have no beef with Agents being moved to low sec.
If we are trying to keep the game as realistic as possible in terms of game mechanics - can someone explain why all agents of the Caldari State or Minmatar Republic would all live in their enemies territories? Yes - I can understand why someof them would, however, why would ALL Lvl 4 agents live outside of their own empire?
People need to realise that many people who pay for this game, just as you do, relly enjoy doing Lvl 4 missions in safe Empire space. Why is this such a huge problem for all of you? Some people like living in 0.0 exclusively. Should carebears start petitioning CCP to move all 0.0 dwellers into Empire? Not at all since they dont particularly care if 0.0 residents never leave those areas.
I dont think its too much to ask to leave people who want to live in Empire alone. That is their choice and they pay the same money as you for this.
Carebear 
Originally by: Omeega I R NO WORK.
I SELL MY KIDS FOR ISK.
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |