| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Thalen Mort
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 19:04:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Thalen Mort on 12/08/2003 19:05:10 The Stain Alliance wishes to notify that the Jovian scum have been thwarted. People from all over EVE joined us and helped defeat the final 6 brothers and their fleet of minmataar ships that came to try and rid the region of the Amaarian race . There was a fierce battle in which the SA lost several battleships and cruisers. Any non SA members will now be asked to leave as we try to get back to normality and start to police the region again. If you are stuck in Stain and would like help to leave please contact a SA member who will organise your safe departure. We would also like to apologise for any ship lost to friendly fire whilst the battle against the Jovian threat took place. Once again, thank you to all who assisted in the eradication of the Jovian threat. The Stain Alliance will resume policing its borders and space.
--------------------------------------------- Just because you are paranoid does not mean people are not out to get you. |

Anderi Bourdieu
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 19:06:00 -
[2]
Thanks for destroying my ship and podkilling me.
It was fun.
----------------------------------------------- 11/17/04 Are Formal Contracts in yet? Divisional Wallets? Taxes? BP lockdown? |

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 19:09:00 -
[3]
Edited by: Joshua Calvert on 12/08/2003 19:09:34
Quote: Thanks for destroying my ship and podkilling me.
It was fun.
Hey, it probably saved you 40 or 50 jumps!
Every cloud has a silver lining 
Wasn't there but many of my corp. members were - it sounded ace!
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

Anderi Bourdieu
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 19:10:00 -
[4]
Edited by: Anderi Bourdieu on 12/08/2003 19:10:48
That's true. And they did apologize and offer compensation.
I appreciate that. Honorable.
----------------------------------------------- 11/17/04 Are Formal Contracts in yet? Divisional Wallets? Taxes? BP lockdown? |

Discorporation
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 19:10:00 -
[5]
Kudos to Oracle, btw :)
I expect a full-length post about your collective defeat, Bad Harlequin!
[Heterocephalus glaber]
|

DJvGalen
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 19:32:00 -
[6]
Any screenies for those of us who could not attend ? ------------------------------------------------ CCP please fix your patch so I can play with my corpmates again soon. |

Byterider
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 19:40:00 -
[7]
To paraphrase: "Hi, thanks for helping us kill some Jovians. Now get the hell out of Stain or we pod you."
Geez, that's gratitude! 
|

Caius Cassius
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 19:58:00 -
[8]
Isn't it amazing how developments in the game echo real life history?
"We hate you. Stay out." "Um, wait a minute, we're getting killed by invaders that are even more arrogant than we are. Come die for us! We promise not to be ungrateful AGAIN." "Thanks for dying for us while we collaborated. NOW GET OUT." "What are we doing now? Rewriting history so it never mentions that you won our war for us. Twice."
Draw your own conclusions as to whom I am referring.
The question is how the Stain Alliance will be viewed now, and how people will deal with them based upon their behavior. I make no specific claims about what they did or did not do, and as always, I speak only for myself.
|

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 20:02:00 -
[9]
Quote: Isn't it amazing how developments in the game echo real life history?
"We hate you. Stay out." "Um, wait a minute, we're getting killed by invaders that are even more arrogant than we are. Come die for us! We promise not to be ungrateful AGAIN." "Thanks for dying for us while we collaborated. NOW GET OUT." "What are we doing now? Rewriting history so it never mentions that you won our war for us. Twice."
Draw your own conclusions as to whom I am referring.
The question is how the Stain Alliance will be viewed now, and how people will deal with them based upon their behavior. I make no specific claims about what they did or did not do, and as always, I speak only for myself.
Hate has nothing to do with keeping people out of SA, silly. The invite was with the best of intentions but some greedy lazy idiots ruined it. Did you really think the invite was a permanent one?
D'oh.
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

Bad Harlequin
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 20:04:00 -
[10]
Quote: Kudos to Oracle, btw :)
I expect a full-length post about your collective defeat, Bad Harlequin!
So do i.
The next time my corp is involved in a major event, can it pre-haps NOT be in the MIDDLE OF THE DAY EST?

Our Voushod lives in NJ, i am in PA, we have not a few US members. And we're in the *right* half. Those out on the Left Coast are even farther behind GMT.
The event occurred precisely in the middle of my work day.
All this leading up to... something i get to read about during my break.
I'm here for another hour. I have spent the day helping secure Comcast and our users, who come in the With and Without Clue varieties, against Blaster - those who haven't heeded the warnings of the past few weeks...
I've been up to my eyebrows in patches, ports, servers, worms, and freaked-out commercial accounts who're wondering where their Exchange servers went .
I was kind of looking forward to ending this madhouse of a day with some quality eve-time.
Please, CCP, let us know if any events are going to ever be at a time where US residents have the remotest chance in heck of attending - without having to be fired first...
You are in a maze of twisty little asteroids, all alike. |

ariola
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 20:05:00 -
[11]
What are you talking about?
It's easy moving around in stain. :)
It's not nearly as "policed" as they let on.
Just keep your eyes open and don't AFK mine, and you can have all the bistot you want.
Watch the gates while in your indy, and use them when the funny SA is asleep or whatever. ;)
When getting close to a heavily guarded gate, like the one at DSS-EZ, use your scanner while in space near the gate and see what vermin are there, if any.
|

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 20:06:00 -
[12]
The first Jovian Event in Stain took place at a good time for most Americans. The second took place at a good time for most Europeans.
Sucks that you couldn't attend...but, if it makes you happy, I was watching The Weakest Link when it all happened 
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

dalman
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 20:07:00 -
[13]
Quote: Thanks for destroying my ship and podkilling me.
It was fun.
Anderi, I'm sorry about your death. It was not our intention. I hope you are not very upset about it.
As you probably know, I was warpscrambling and webbing you. My intention was to stop those modules(= alt+F1 etc). However, in the very hectical situation, I accidently hit F1 and F2 without holding down alt. I noticed this immediately, and stopped all my modules. However, another pilot noticed the 2 missiles I fired, and opened up his tachyon beams, which made short work of your ship.
M.I.A. since 2004-07-30 |

Riddari
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 20:10:00 -
[14]
Quote: Isn't it amazing how developments in the game echo real life history?
[snip]
"What are we doing now? Rewriting history so it never mentions that you won our war for us. Twice."
Draw your own conclusions as to whom I am referring.
OOC: History doesn't start with the 20th century gimp. Read about how YOU got liberated. Now who made that nice statue anyways..
¼©¼ a history |

Sarkos
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 20:10:00 -
[15]
It was a well fought battle, only two people on our side were podded, and I believe that was from damage splash. For those that wish to know why Oracle was involved, please go here:
http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=25512
Sarkos - Voushod Oracle
Either free the slaves or we will come and get them.
|

Princess Akmazara
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 20:27:00 -
[16]
"Hey, it probably saved you 40 or 50 jumps! Every cloud has a silver lining Wasn't there but many of my corp. members were - it sounded ace!"
Joshua Calvert,
I thought you were a decent sort from the way you post your hatred of the megacorps but this behavior seems to be the very thing you dislike? 
Why is your corp acting like PK'ers? At least they did offer to payback the person I will give them some credit for that. Although the explanation is a bit sketchy.
Princess Akmazara Amarrian Empire
|

Anderi Bourdieu
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 20:28:00 -
[17]
Dalman,
As I said, Hammramur (sp?) sent an evemail explaining the unfortunate incident and has offered compensation. No problem, these things happen.
Considering the anarchy in the region at the time I was not surprised.
----------------------------------------------- 11/17/04 Are Formal Contracts in yet? Divisional Wallets? Taxes? BP lockdown? |

Lothaar
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 20:37:00 -
[18]
We have made reparations for all friendly fire incidents involving allies and permit holders in this latest engagement.
The Stain Alliance is still at war with RUS and thus we are still trying to keep traffic to a low to prevent friendly fire and confusion on the battle field front.
It is advised that the entrance to stain be avoided untill the war has subsided.
Thank you
Lothaar C.A.S.A.
communications agency for the Stain Alliance
|

Klydor
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 20:38:00 -
[19]
This is only the first event of many. I'm sure CCP are fully aware of all the time zone differences and will do their best to run important events at different times.
People may not be able to participate in every event, or all the events you want to unless your a 24/7 addict :P But given time more events will occur and I'm sure things will balance out.
Just have a little patience.
|

la'Rei
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 20:41:00 -
[20]
They did that to keep the monopoly on the blueprints around. meaning the loot was STAIN.
I feel STAIN ripped off the entire EVE universe in this event, and the EVE universe should canablize on them!
Dont allow them to un-dock, pod kill them. KILL KILL KILL buhahaha...
and dont forgive... I want their corpses... >:)
-rei _________________________ Trolling is bad. Please dont do it. -rei |

ChironV
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 21:04:00 -
[21]
DAMNNIT MAN! PICTURES!!! All that uber battling going on and didnt anyone bring a friggin CAMERA! 
Want to see a purty jove ship going "POP!". Perhaps even some Jove trash talking as the roll playin' GM's realize with a cold sweat that, "Damn these players are better at fighting in this game than us, and we made the game." 
Well heres hoping that the dev's and GM's can now stop patching & reading petitions and get thier bootie in the game and spice it up.
________________________________________________ It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
|

qiqi
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 21:20:00 -
[22]
methinks the joves didnt fight to their full ability, and only a small escort from oracle?, this small event was already written to end here.
|

Endureth
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 21:25:00 -
[23]
I was watching Knight Rider. Yes, Knight Rider, you know the car.
Good show.
-E
|

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 21:31:00 -
[24]
Quote: "Hey, it probably saved you 40 or 50 jumps! Every cloud has a silver lining Wasn't there but many of my corp. members were - it sounded ace!"
Joshua Calvert,
I thought you were a decent sort from the way you post your hatred of the megacorps but this behavior seems to be the very thing you dislike? 
Why is your corp acting like PK'ers? At least they did offer to payback the person I will give them some credit for that. Although the explanation is a bit sketchy.
Princess Akmazara Amarrian Empire
Take a chill pill.
The guy who got podded said it was fun.
What's your problem?
I don't hate megacorps, for gods sakes.
I'm in one.
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

NeosX
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 21:41:00 -
[25]
i did take 20 screenshots of the event but unfortunatly they are nowhere to be found on my computer :( damn bugs...
i has some nice screenies of the fleet takin out RUS at the station before the jovians came in.. some nice screenies of the fleet gang warping and of course some nice screenies of the bloodbath that was the fight with the jovians...
Ouria was hard to kill he one shotted my megathron and there had been no damage showing anywhere... neither in my log or on my screen at the time of the action.. hopefully SA only lost 2 Bships to the 6 jovian battleships :) the joves got ownzored by us SA ;P
the only damage i was seeing is his pityfull little hits doin 30 damage (with 3 tac shields on) ... nothin my shield booster couldn't keep up with.. I was doin more damage to him than he was to me. my shield was at 90% when i blew up without taking damage so to me he just cheated.... and no there was no no fly zone coz some of my mates were closer to him than me... I am however proud of loosing my ship in the name of Stain Alliance and in eradicating the jovian infected scum Ouria.
This was for sure the biggest,funniest battle i've ever witnessed since there was well over 50 ships on my screen at the time of the action. I would like to say thanks to CCP's DEVs /polaris or whoever ran this GREAT event.
And to those who r saying that it's not fair that the event took place in Stain.. i'm sure there will be more events and that those won't be in stain... it looks like the next event (the amarr offical assasination) is already on route and is nowhere near Stain.
|

la'Rei
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 21:42:00 -
[26]
It sounds like you killed more than just one ship!!!
Were you greedy for the blueprints... think you deserved all the blueprints yourself?
I bet that will bode well with all the other corps! Yes, you can pay for their ship back... that's not a biggie. the blueprints you got are worth 100x their ships. Lots of money in it for you.
I also heard about backstabbing people, and letting them all die... now that's funny... Also... if there's 2 missles in the air... you cant tell where their going untill they impact... so... why would another b-ship open up with ALL his guns on a *freindly* ship, when 2 missles are flying around? eh eh? I think STAIN was out to kill people, to ensure they got their blueprints. eh eh? I think we need to stain STAIN with SA's blood. Anyone agree? eh eh? I want their corpses! -rei _________________________ Trolling is bad. Please dont do it. -rei |

Kronarty
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 22:06:00 -
[27]
I trust the offer to compensate for ships lost will also be extended to my corpmate Sirrah, after having his ship destroyed and being podded by member/s of the MASS corporation while undergoing repairs after a battle with the jovians.
I will evemail TRIGGER with the names of those involved, that information does not need to be on this forum.
Kronarty Vicepresident Operations Oberon Inc - An SPC member corp. |

la'Rei
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 22:10:00 -
[28]
dont forget your share of the loot!
there were 6 jove ships destroyed each with about 500k of rare blueprints... at least...
so that's 3b(minimum) that needs to be distributed EVENLY between the people there.
Go ahead SA. you can hand that out. -rei _________________________ Trolling is bad. Please dont do it. -rei |

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 22:15:00 -
[29]
Quote: dont forget your share of the loot!
there were 6 jove ships destroyed each with about 500k of rare blueprints... at least...
so that's 3b(minimum) that needs to be distributed EVENLY between the people there.
Go ahead SA. you can hand that out. -rei
Rare blueprints are worth only 500K isk?
I'll take 50!
Sheesh, the eve economy is worse than I thought!
I'm AWED by your powers of math and deduction to pluck the entirely random figure of 3B out of thin air.
As far as ownership of the loot - those who took part in the killing knew it would be a case of "first in, first gets".
Frigates looking to avoid the fighting and steal the loot were, rightly, fried.
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

j0sephine
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 22:18:00 -
[30]
"This was for sure the biggest,funniest battle i've ever witnessed since there was well over 50 ships on my screen at the time of the action."
Out of curiosity, how was it lag-wise? People were complaining about this previously, but personally couldn't notice much of the lag the day before even with all those ships onscreen... so makes one wonder it it's hardware-related or maybe something was improved on server side... o.o
|

la'Rei
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 22:20:00 -
[31]
And what about my freind in a maller? and all those battleships that you guys blew up? it was in Stain and you guys felt it belonged to SA, so you killed EVERYONE that was not in SA :)
I'm not stupid. I also meant 500m for your "all mightly"
You guys make mOo look fair.
mOo dont backstab. you do mOo keeps their word. you dont mOo admits to killing for fun you dont
I think mOo is a fair pirate! your the lying backstabber... I know why RUS wants you dead. I feel TTI and others should join in the killing party! -Rei _________________________ Trolling is bad. Please dont do it. -rei |

NeosX
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 22:23:00 -
[32]
Edited by: NeosX on 12/08/2003 22:26:28
la'rei no1 from outside SA actually shot the jovians so they did not deserve any loot.. and they got what they deserved for tryin to loot steal... including those Oracle guy they were tryin to loot like mad instead of firing at SA ships... lol great was to RP guys.. to me Oracle corp was only there to loot and didn't care at all about the RP that supposively got hem involved into this
NO1 DESERVED LOOT IF THEY DID NOT FIRE AT THE JOVIANS that is all there is to say..
la'rei your so full of sh*t
|

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 22:25:00 -
[33]
Quote: And what about my freind in a maller? and all those battleships that you guys blew up? it was in Stain and you guys felt it belonged to SA, so you killed EVERYONE that was not in SA :)
I'm not stupid. I also meant 500m for your "all mightly"
You guys make mOo look fair.
mOo dont backstab. you do mOo keeps their word. you dont mOo admits to killing for fun you dont
I think mOo is a fair pirate! your the lying backstabber... I know why RUS wants you dead. I feel TTI and others should join in the killing party! -Rei
Shush.
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

la'Rei
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 22:26:00 -
[34]
Nah, you are. But anyways. my freind WAS fireing at the jove ships... and HE was podded.
umm... he was in a maller.
You saying they werent fireing... and your story totally differs from the story earlier in this post... I think you guys are full of sh|t :)
here agian. *cough* LYING BACKSTABBERS *cough*
-rei _________________________ Trolling is bad. Please dont do it. -rei |

NeosX
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 22:31:00 -
[35]
so basically you weren't man enough to go there yourself but rather rely on what your friends says... LOL i was there i saw it you weren't... your full of sh*t
|

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 22:33:00 -
[36]
Quote: "This was for sure the biggest,funniest battle i've ever witnessed since there was well over 50 ships on my screen at the time of the action."
Out of curiosity, how was it lag-wise? People were complaining about this previously, but personally couldn't notice much of the lag the day before even with all those ships onscreen... so makes one wonder it it's hardware-related or maybe something was improved on server side... o.o
Having been in a fleet of considerable size I can honestly say I got no lag but I did get a drop in frame rates.
Nothing too drastic.
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

la'Rei
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 22:34:00 -
[37]
Actually you are... this thread is gonna get locked... like... *click*
but anyways. No, I didnt go there, because I dont wanna get my baby blown up and podded agian... I perfer to NOT die. so... *cough* stop lying *cough* -rei _________________________ Trolling is bad. Please dont do it. -rei |

la'Rei
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 22:37:00 -
[38]
yeah as for the lag I can beleive that you didnt get any... I was in a huge battle in beta, when things were a LOT laggier... and well... there was no lag :)
so that's all good... now for the FPS... this game is beautiful... once you get so many beautiful ships... it starts slowing down a bit... that's a no-brainer. -rei _________________________ Trolling is bad. Please dont do it. -rei |

Majin Buu
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 22:37:00 -
[39]
the lag was terrible, but what made it worse was the sun. If the battle had been taken to a planet or moon then it would of gone alot smoother
BoB KillBoard |

NeosX
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 22:38:00 -
[40]
I'm not lying you are tho... your not basing yourself on facts but rather on the word of mouth unlike me. and there was plenty of ways to stay alive you just had to play it smart and not try to loot steal..
|

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 22:39:00 -
[41]
Yeah, I always find that stars 'cause a lot of frame drops.
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

la'Rei
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 22:41:00 -
[42]
http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=25158
ohhhh yeah... all these people that were being shot at by you guys are lying too. -rei _________________________ Trolling is bad. Please dont do it. -rei |

j0sephine
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 22:45:00 -
[43]
Edited by: j0sephine on 12/08/2003 22:46:09
"Yeah, I always find that stars 'cause a lot of frame drops."
Yeah, same here... all those animated transparent 'flame' layers at work, i guess. The one time i got thrown right in the sun from the gate, it'd slow down so much i could see each frame getting drawn o.x;;
... took ages to warp away from there, too. But on the other hand from the usual distance it's still pretty smooth... :s
|

Freeor
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 23:05:00 -
[44]
la-Rei,
Dude, of all the total dumb--- posts I've ever read, you take the cake. You obviously have absolutely no clue.
First, if you don't have a permit, your not allowed in Stain. If you want a permit contact the proper Stain Alliance member, they give them away for nothing. If not STAY OUT. With whats going on with RUS corp. and the Joviens, there's no other way to ensure the safety of our members and our friends than to restrict access to friendly travelers only.
Second, if you are an observer to a battle you are not entitled to any loot. It doesn't matter if the people involved in the battle are getting what may be more than you think they should get. Its not your call. To the VICTOR go the spoils, not the observer or the bystander, and in this game loot-stealing is a crime punishible by podding.
So if your a member of the Alliance and were in the area with a permit then contact the proper people using proper channels (i.e. not threads) and you'll find we are making reparations as fast as we can. However, if you were in Stain without a permit and you got podded, tough sh-t. What the hell were you doing out in 0.0 space if you didn't want a little danger in your game? Why would you think you can pull your piece of crap ship up to an Alliance member in Stain and expect that he should do anything other than tell you to leave or give you the quick trip home.
The Stain Alliance isn't hostile, but given whats going on RIGHT NOW, why would anyone try and push a bad situation and then get on these boards to gripe when they push that bad situation too far.
More later
Freeor True Creations Sansha's Nation
|

la'Rei
|
Posted - 2003.08.12 23:13:00 -
[45]
go read the first link on that post I did. it says you will allow people to come and go from STAIN while the event is on... o.o
does that mean... you LIED!?!
*eats the cake* -rei _________________________ Trolling is bad. Please dont do it. -rei |

Macumba
|
Posted - 2003.08.13 09:53:00 -
[46]
NeosX, when we first decided to take part in this event loot never got mentioned even once. Despite what you think, Oracle are an RP corp, and we certainly didn't go into this with the intention of getting TEH UBAR PHAT LOOTZ!!1
We knew that SA would show up with A LOT of ships (battleships primarily) and we knew that'd most (if not all) of us would be coming home as a clone. With that in mind we equipped accordingly, the intention being to have some fun and hopefully add a little to the storyline.
I don't know what happened on the day as CCP saw fit to let this take place while I was at work, so I was unable to attend (and to be honest I was too ****ed to log at all last night, when a game starts to annoy me I don't play it for a while), so I don't know the full story of what went on. I know our intention was to take the SA fleet on to provide a distraction while the Jove engaged, but knowing how these kind of things turn out I can imagine the reality being completely different from what was planned.
Anyway, that was the plan, I still don't know how things panned out. It certainly wasn't intended to be a loot hunt.
"PVP = griefing" Papa Smurf |

XeQtR
|
Posted - 2003.08.13 10:17:00 -
[47]
Cool. Not one screenshot. Way to go ppl. 
|

Einheriar Ulrich
|
Posted - 2003.08.13 10:23:00 -
[48]
Hate has nothing to do with keeping people out of SA, silly. The invite was with the best of intentions but some greedy lazy idiots ruined it. Did you really think the invite was a permanent one?
D'oh.
I ask again on these boards, who have crowned The SA , as lords, when will people be feed up with, how many lives must be lost before somthing is done, clealry Concord is so corrupt, that i hear they are beginning to seel their equipment out the backdoor.
Oracle has shown the way, freedom and justice for all, piracy and petty feifdoms, are just another way of promoting slavery.
So Say I So Say I. Einheriar Ulrich of the Bloodline of Einheriar.
****Minion Of VOTF****
|

Sedsiss
|
Posted - 2003.08.13 15:16:00 -
[49]
You idjuts, all you needed to do was actually help kill the Joves. The first night, we helped, got some stuff. Then we left out of boredom:/
Oh, and don't worry guys! I'm sure next patch anything that we or SA got will be dropped by pirates.
|

Lexington Cabot
|
Posted - 2003.08.13 22:28:00 -
[50]
"Oh, and don't worry guys! I'm sure next patch anything that we or SA got will be dropped by pirates."
That sounds better. At least then we won't need 'permission' to attend a public game event. 
|

Padaxes
|
Posted - 2003.08.13 22:51:00 -
[51]
This is a long thread and ive trawled through it all - and i wasnt going to comment on most of the issues here - except one that jumped out at me by Neosx
Quote: including those Oracle guy they were tryin to loot like mad instead of firing at SA ships... lol great was to RP guys.. to me Oracle corp was only there to loot and didn't care at all about the RP that supposively got hem involved into this
This is simply NOT true - I cant garuntee that no Oracle made attempts to loot but I can definaltey say that we were nearly all dead before the Jovians died so how could we loot? BUT the main problem here is the comments about RP. Oracle RPed this to the full, we knew we were all going to die (so no hope of getting loot anyway) - we knew it was a suicide mission and that basically we were a distraction to take some fire away from the jovians. Saying that we were just there to loot and didnt RP (how can you RP when actually IN a 5 minute long hectic laggy battle i dont know) simply isnt true.
|

Aeryn Sarum
|
Posted - 2003.08.13 23:34:00 -
[52]
This event has aptly exposed SA to be what we know all along: criminal hooligans.
Unless you are in a powerful corp that SA chooses not to pick a fight with at the moment(e.g. Evolution), you are branded as looters and pirates. This is how they justify to the public, or perhaps to their naive lower ranks of their criminal behavior.
During the events, they fired on anyone who they don't take a liking to, and after the event, they blockaded the exit gate and forcibly stopped and scanned every ships leaving the system, and destroyed ships that won't submit to their search. I think you can predict what will happen if you happen to have a Jovian equipment or anything they take a fancy to on board your cargo hold.
As the saying go. Might is might. The best way to deal with the criminals and squatters are to evict them with force in game, and not by complaining in the forum.
But for SA claim they are anything but a criminal alliance are laughable. After repeating the lies so often, perhaps they might even start to believe their own lies. But you ain't fooling nobody else.
|

Einheriar Ulrich
|
Posted - 2003.08.14 21:14:00 -
[53]
Edited by: Einheriar Ulrich on 14/08/2003 21:22:47
Quote: Edited by: NeosX on 12/08/2003 22:26:28
la'rei no1 from outside SA actually shot the jovians so they did not deserve any loot.. and they got what they deserved for tryin to loot steal... including those Oracle guy they were tryin to loot like mad instead of firing at SA ships... lol great was to RP guys.. to me Oracle corp was only there to loot and didn't care at all about the RP that supposively got hem involved into this
Neosx, you dont know what your talking about. Oracle main reason for being a corp, is to roleplay, ask around in the community or read the summit, the things you claim here is false,and you dont speak the truth, anyone listening to you must smell the lies you give away on this forum.
Hey if you gonna say something, stick to the truth, nothing else. By the way we where invited by the GM's to be in this plot grrrr, when people try to be smart and pretend they now the truth and only speaks trash like you, it gets me mad, get your facts right next time
So Say I. Einheriar Ulrich of the Bloodline of Einheriar.
****Minion Of VOTF****
|

dalman
|
Posted - 2003.08.14 22:46:00 -
[54]
**** Hmm, we warped in with a fleet of 6 jovian battleships and 15 Oracle cruisers. And now there is only 1 jovian ship, me, and 2 other Oracle cruisers left. And there are still numerous hostile battleships here. What shall I do, I can: a) try to warp out now and save my cruiser/clone b) hang around for 10 more seconds until I'm dead c) I could try to pick up that nice loot 4 km away from me ****
Well, if I was in that situation, I would have picked c. And I seriously doubt that those who was in that situation made another choice.
But who can blame them. The fact that Oracle joined with the joves in this role playing way was much appreciated. It was a great battle and your RP stories are just great. By far my best time in EVE this far.
M.I.A. since 2004-07-30 |

Jobe
|
Posted - 2003.08.15 04:14:00 -
[55]
This event was very much a fun event, it led to a bit of bloodshed but all of what i saw was pretty fair.
Unorganised chaos, but all was justice.
Le`rai or whatever you call yourself. how can you even give comments like those when you werent even there.
Anyway on a more positive note, thanks for all the non sa corps that took part in the event i hope you had fun. If you didnt have fun .. oh well.
All Other jovians good or bad must die. and stop randomly tracter beaming me ouria.
Mass - A part of the Stain Alliance |

NeosX
|
Posted - 2003.08.15 05:43:00 -
[56]
Edited by: NeosX on 15/08/2003 06:01:39
Quote: This is a long thread and ive trawled through it all - and i wasnt going to comment on most of the issues here - except one that jumped out at me by Neosx
Quote: including those Oracle guy they were tryin to loot like mad instead of firing at SA ships... lol great was to RP guys.. to me Oracle corp was only there to loot and didn't care at all about the RP that supposively got hem involved into this
This is simply NOT true - I cant garuntee that no Oracle made attempts to loot but I can definaltey say that we were nearly all dead before the Jovians died so how could we loot? BUT the main problem here is the comments about RP. Oracle RPed this to the full, we knew we were all going to die (so no hope of getting loot anyway) - we knew it was a suicide mission and that basically we were a distraction to take some fire away from the jovians. Saying that we were just there to loot and didnt RP (how can you RP when actually IN a 5 minute long hectic laggy battle i dont know) simply isnt true.
Plz dude.. were you there ?? i don't remember killing you ?
i do remember perfectly tho why we started killing you guys... we didn't know you guys were allied with the joves since the news stated that an unindentified corp were allied with the joves...
I remember exactly that one of our members said Those Oracle bastards are looting our cans pod hem all ;) i remember exactly that after killing like 5 of you guys i actually saw one Oracle shooting at one of us... I also remember seeing one of your members approaching a can and emptying it right in front of me (which at that time i was in a noob ship since Ouria one shooted my megathron when i was at 90% shield with 3 tac shields and a large shield booster running on autorepeat).
He didn't even shoot at my noob ship he just looted... my only regret is that i was running in window mode and i didn't know that you had to be in full screen to take screenshots coz i had took screenies of it.
i still have those pictures in my mind of all you guys running to those cans like hell and not shooting at us. I'm 100% positive on this. and i'm not the only one saying this. several ppl from Stain Alliance felt the exact same way i did when we talked about you guys on our chat. but it don't really matter coz we know we got the best part of the loot (which i'm not authorize to describe).. we also know we lost a couple of things like 1400mm scout along with a couple f-90 positional no biggie... 1400mm suxxorz. I'm just stating here as a fact that i believe you guys were not there to roleplay. I believe it would have been easy for you guys to RP.. just shoot at us lol so maybe the battle would have been a challenge instead of all our enemies dyin with barely any losses on our side (the only losses were the 2 bships Ouria one shotted). jeez 18 cruisers firing on the same battleship can do some nasty damage.
and BTW you guys must not care since you were all in cruisers and the GMs prolly even replaced those ships since you were allied with GMs. Ouria obviously cheated to take down my megathron since no damage showed neither on my screen or log when he one shot me. of course i petitioned about it.. no answer yet but i know what they're gonna say .. go to hell ;) which doesn't really matter since a have a brand new apoc comin out of the oven shortly...
I would also like to add that this was one of the best time i had in EVE... That frenzy that happened was just crazy... that huge bloodbath was just awesome... i personnaly enjoyed it allot. the adrenaline was pumping in :) it was definitly the biggest battle i've ever been involved in (way bigger than those Armageddon day battles :) and at least there was no running/jumping/docking crap goin on. and the lag wasn't too bad. sure the fps was down, it was like a slideshow and there was 1 to 2sec delay but it could have been allot worse. my machine could handle it i guess... every1 stayed there and either lived or died no running... (unlike some other corps that r tryin to wage a war agains't us atm). Big Thanks to whoever ran this GREAT event.
*X2K*Neos-X- Proud member of Stain Alliance
|

CT BadIronTree
|
Posted - 2003.08.15 06:15:00 -
[57]
i have 2 but are after the "War" was over
so dont whorth posting....
my cool ones did not go in folder :( ============================================ Colossus Technologies The first and oldest corp in eve! BadIronTree Head of Production
CSM Chat Log September 25, 2003: Fuhry> Some things we simply cannot test, and therefore we just put it on Tranq. cross our fingers and then get into panic mode. --------------------------------------- playing (or beta testing)since Sat, 2 Nov 2002 16:06 (beta 5) ---------------------------------------
|

GenX
|
Posted - 2003.08.15 06:28:00 -
[58]
hmmm, thank you for helping us, now leave.
Wow, what a welcome wagon yal are..
********************************************* If one person is speaking out, others are thinking of it
Life is just a dream, till you do somthing aobut it.
|

Padaxes
|
Posted - 2003.08.15 07:31:00 -
[59]
Neo.
My original points still stand. I arrived a couple of minutes late for the battle myself and spent a frantic time runnning around the system, then ran your blockade to get out. The only combat I saw was trying to assist one Oracle member who had escaped to a planet and was being attacked by TaxiDriver and someone else. For many of the peeps there (i believe) this was their first major battle and about 1/3rd of our fleet was on route and missed the fight. So obviously I cant garuntee that none of the guys made runs for the cans (as I stated above). So maybe our attack wasnt the most organised :)
I saw people arriving late and warping into the battle despite there being no hope of survival or escape - but doing it anyway - and dieing in seconds. When i say saw I mean on our corp chat.
But Ill say it again we were only in it for the reasons stated above. We all came in standard cruiser without market equipment as we knew we were going to die. The only reason we came was for role play (and for fun of course). We got no loot, and no reimbursement from the Jovians - how could we they were all dead.
Thats all i`ve got to say on the matter - If you insist on believing that we were only interested in looting maybe you should stop applying your own money grabbing ideals to other people.
I mean dont get me wrong when I arrived late and nearly all of us were dead I wondered if I could make a run for some of the loot (who wouldnt) but I went for option a: after you guys killed my last buddy at the station and ran the blockade and escaped (empty handed i might add).
|

dalman
|
Posted - 2003.08.15 11:25:00 -
[60]
Quote:
the Jovians - how could we they were all dead.
hehe, obviously not, since Ouria has used his tractor beam on "Jobe" several times after Ouria's death
M.I.A. since 2004-07-30 |

Einheriar Ulrich
|
Posted - 2003.08.15 13:08:00 -
[61]
yes Neosx, i was there where, i died in my stabber, exactly 1 minute after i arrived at the sun....
Now dont push this any further, this is my last comment to you, if you read the summit, then you will see what Oracle stands for.
WE where invited to this event, because of our roleplaying historie in EVE...
You where only there because of the loot, no roleplaying from you in local or at summit.
You just want the Uber fat lewt, thats your game, well some of us use intelligence and put our heart and soul into roleplaying, if you read the thread at summit called "Old debt reapaid", you would understand why we did it.
We got no items, money or any material things out of this event, what we got was being mentioned in the storyline, which was exactly what we wanted, do you understand this,, i doubt it.
Go back to Diablo 2 and make some magic runs, its clearly the only thing you how to put into a charecter. This is a MMORPG.
Nuff said.
So Say I. Einheriar Ulrich of the Bloodline of Einheriar.
****Minion Of VOTF****
|

Con'Mal
|
Posted - 2003.08.15 14:41:00 -
[62]
The Stain alliance members were there becuase we police the region and we control it well. If people came to the stain region it was on the behest of the GM's. Yes we looted the cans and killed those that tried to get them, as was our prerogative in the region that we control,police and keep safe. We are called pirates and worse but many people in here and if that stops or conitnues it is of no concern since we will still be the Stain alliance and will attempt to keep our region hospitable and not the freefor all that is in many other areas.
"The race is not [always] to the swift, nor the battle to the strong." |

Estios
|
Posted - 2003.08.15 15:33:00 -
[63]
NeosX, I have read this entire thread from work and found it very interesting. I was heavily invloved in the build up to this offensive and made the trip to rendevous points with the Jove , however due to technical issues with my damn machine I never made it to actually participate in the battle (for this I am still angry and kind of gutted....had new clone and everything) I have therefore not felt obliged to comment on anything else which has been said here by Joshua or anyone else but your obvious lies have made my blood boil and I cannot remain silent.
How dare you question Oracle and try to state we are not interested in RP. You obviously know nothing about us or you would know better than to state this. I really dont like to get into flame wars as whether people choose to actively role play is up to them , I gather from your words that you do not and only enjoy 'having uber ship' or 'r0xx0r items' which is fine , not my style of game play but up to you. DO NOT however question other corps which you know nothing about.
My CEO, Sarkos has already provided reasons why we were there 'attempting' (in loosest possible terms , evident from lenth of battle) to assist the Jovians in what we felt was a worthy cause and a chance for Oracle to make a storeyline impact on larger scale.
Im actually angry that you spout obvious lies about how we were only their to loot and we are probably getting reinbursed by GM's.
We KNEW we would all perish , we KNEW none of us would leave Stain alive so why would we loot. Also have you EVER know a GM to give stuff away for free.
I only get to play EVE for a few hours a day and can assure you that I have spent the last few days mining , which no one enjoys, to help assist the rebuilding of our fleet.
Im calming down as I type this but please shut up will you when you know nothing about Roleplaying. Enjoy amassing wealth and collecting 'uber' loot if thats whats floats your boat but please dont question another corp which is actively trying to bring a bit of role play and storey progression to EVE.
So HMV consider Andy Williams and Dean Martin to be "easy listening" do they? Tell that to my mate Dave, he's been deaf for 20 years.
|

Bad Harlequin
|
Posted - 2003.08.15 15:49:00 -
[64]
Quote: Edited by: NeosX on 12/08/2003 22:26:28
la'rei no1 from outside SA actually shot the jovians so they did not deserve any loot.. and they got what they deserved for tryin to loot steal... including those Oracle guy they were tryin to loot like mad instead of firing at SA ships... lol great was to RP guys.. to me Oracle corp was only there to loot and didn't care at all about the RP that supposively got hem involved into this
NO1 DESERVED LOOT IF THEY DID NOT FIRE AT THE JOVIANS that is all there is to say..
la'rei your so full of sh*t
Come say that to my face and I shall prove thy villany upon thy ship, thou lying tart.
You are in a maze of twisty little asteroids, all alike. |

Blackie
|
Posted - 2003.08.15 15:56:00 -
[65]
Quote: Also have you EVER know a GM to give stuff away for free.
isn't that what started this whole thing anyhow? them giving out tech lvl 5 miners?
|

NeosX
|
Posted - 2003.08.15 15:56:00 -
[66]
Edited by: NeosX on 15/08/2003 16:00:01
Quote:
You where only there because of the loot, no roleplaying from you in local or at summit.
You just want the Uber fat lewt, thats your game, well some of us use intelligence and put our heart and soul into roleplaying, if you read the thread at summit called "Old debt reapaid", you would understand why we did it. Nuff said.
No my game is not based on f4t l3wt has other may call it. I came to the event for only one reason as stated before... to participate in the biggest battle ever in the world of EVE. the loot was only there to help repay the ships we lost.
and btw some of your members even admit the did run for the cans so plz do call me a liar i know what a saw..
Quote:
I mean dont get me wrong when I arrived late and nearly all of us were dead I wondered if I could make a run for some of the loot (who wouldnt) <-Padaxe's words
and sorry to say i don't play diablo 2 and never did, never will. my main game is EVE, was for some time (till beta6) and will be for some time. i really love this game. the only othe rgame i play would be command & conquer generals (when eve servs are down or when i need a brake off mining) coz i enjoy the tactics involved.
I agree enuff said on this matter this will also be my last post. but don't call me a liar i KNOW what i saw. and i'm not the only who saw it (again).
oh and harlequin if i ever see you i'll be more than happy to pod your sorry ass. omfg don't call me a liar.
*X2K*Neos-X- --Proud member of Stain Alliance--
|

j0sephine
|
Posted - 2003.08.15 16:03:00 -
[67]
"and btw some of your members even admit the did run for the cans so plz do call me a liar i know what a saw..
quote:
I mean dont get me wrong when I arrived late and nearly all of us were dead I wondered if I could make a run for some of the loot (who wouldnt) <-Padaxe's words"
... "I wondered if i could" = "I did"?
|

Bad Harlequin
|
Posted - 2003.08.15 16:37:00 -
[68]
Quote: oh and harlequin if i ever see you i'll be more than happy to pod your sorry ass. omfg don't call me a liar.
You're a liar.
You are in a maze of twisty little asteroids, all alike. |

Daesdemona
|
Posted - 2003.08.15 16:38:00 -
[69]
can we bury this plz.
----------------------------------------------- Bart: "Do you even have a job any more?" Homer: "I think its obvious that I Don't" ----------------------------------------------- |

Padaxes
|
Posted - 2003.08.15 18:19:00 -
[70]
Yup bury it. I didnt mean to start a huge thing i was just trying to him straight he obviously reads what he wants into it no matter what u say (see his misquotation of my comments above).
|

Sarkos
|
Posted - 2003.08.16 02:16:00 -
[71]
Allow me to shed some light on the battle.
First of all Oracle got involved because I chose to contact Ouria and offer our aid. At first, he refused but when I presented the fact of the debt we owed him and his people, that of the Minmatar Republic being possible because of the Jove-Amarr war, he agreed.
We kew the strength of the Stain Alliance and prepared for a one way suicide mission. The Stabbers were made and we used as much disposable modules as possible. We were to act as a shield and draw fire. Inflicting what damage we could before being killed. That is what we did, plain and simple. Phat Loot was not even considered, principle and honor were. We acted out of RP. Never was reward considered.
So Neo, before you open your mouth and make more comments that further verify your mental capabilities, know your facts. Oracle did not loot because we knew that a pod was our best meathod of return. Niether pod nor clone carries loot. We also replaced our own ships Neo, no GM helped us, so again you assume inncorrectly.
Sarkos - Voushod Oracle
Either free the slaves or we will come and get them.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |