| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Victoria Sin
Center for Advanced Studies Gallente Federation
361
|
Posted - 2013.07.16 18:44:00 -
[1] - Quote
So I'm flying around minding my own business, occasionally bursting my AB or MWD and thinking to myself, "sheesh, this ship is slow". Then just completely randomly I happen to see a skillbook, Acceleration Control. This is on a character from 2004!
Trained it up to level 4 pronto and now my toon is quite a bit quicker :).
Anyone else "forgot" about a skill?
|

Pavel Checkov
Perkone Caldari State
0
|
Posted - 2013.07.16 20:12:00 -
[2] - Quote
Evasive Maneuvers got the best of me for a while before I realized there must have been SOME reason for me still having the slowest align times =[ |

Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
1394
|
Posted - 2013.07.16 20:25:00 -
[3] - Quote
I had 6mil in drones before I "discovered" Combat Drone Operation  |

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat Working Stiffs
2015
|
Posted - 2013.07.16 22:29:00 -
[4] - Quote
I have two drone-boat alts.
They both are normally in identical PvE Rattlesnakes. I was rather surprised to discover one had slightly less EHP than the other. I thought they were identical. I realized it was a missing hardwiring, so I decide to upgrade all implants. Bought them all, and discovered one alt didn't have Cybernetics 5.
Recently put the alts in identical Dominix for PvP. I was rather surprised to discover same alt was significantly slower than the other. I thought they had identical skills. Turns out one alt didn't have Armor Honeycombing, nor Armor Rigging, nor any armor compensation skills trained for that matter. Oops.
Now if I could just think of something for the other alt to train. |

Auduin Samson
Do not disturb Sanctuary Pact
86
|
Posted - 2013.07.17 05:14:00 -
[5] - Quote
Same as the OP. Got all the way into flying a Loki before realizing how pathetically slow my prop mods were. |

RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
460
|
Posted - 2013.07.17 05:58:00 -
[6] - Quote
Same as Tau, I recently jump cloned and bought some +5's to speed along a skill I'm doing. Then realised I didn't have Cyber V.
My 'shortcut' ended up adding a day to the training 
This year I have misinterpreted several skill descriptions, or re-discovered what they do exactly. (Prop mod in fact)
|

Victoria Sin
Center for Advanced Studies Gallente Federation
367
|
Posted - 2013.07.17 08:59:00 -
[7] - Quote
Tau Cabalander wrote:Armor Honeycombing
????
OMG another one 
|

Mashie Saldana
BFG Tech
636
|
Posted - 2013.07.17 10:51:00 -
[8] - Quote
Victoria Sin wrote:Tau Cabalander wrote:Armor Honeycombing ???? OMG another one  Well that one was recently added to the game though. Dominique Vasilkovsky Mashie Saldana Monica Foulkes |
|

CCP Falcon
3510

|
Posted - 2013.07.17 11:36:00 -
[9] - Quote
Omnipotent V 
CCP Falcon -á || -á EVE Community Team -á || -á EVE Illuminati -á || -á Live Events Organizer
@CCP_Falcon -á || -á-á@EVE_LiveEvents |
|

Boris The BulletDodger
Obsidian Operations
0
|
Posted - 2013.07.17 13:42:00 -
[10] - Quote
People thinking the em/exp/kin/therm Shield Comp skills affect ACTIVE shield hardeners. |

Vorll Minaaran
Centre Of Attention Middle of Nowhere
11
|
Posted - 2013.07.17 13:49:00 -
[11] - Quote
Boris The BulletDodger wrote:People thinking the em/exp/kin/therm Shield Comp skills affect ACTIVE shield hardeners.
You must be new here, earlier (Before Retribution 1.1) those skills granted small resist while the active shield hardener wasnt active. |

Boris The BulletDodger
Obsidian Operations
0
|
Posted - 2013.07.17 14:08:00 -
[12] - Quote
I know that buddy, I was around then. But I have had many discussions with people who still think this is true. |

Vorll Minaaran
Centre Of Attention Middle of Nowhere
12
|
Posted - 2013.07.17 14:57:00 -
[13] - Quote
Boris The BulletDodger wrote:I know that buddy, I was around then. But I have had many discussions with people who still think this is true.
i think we're derailing this thread to "What ppl think useful skill, but is not..."
 |

James Amril-Kesh
4S Corporation RAZOR Alliance
5682
|
Posted - 2013.07.17 15:20:00 -
[14] - Quote
Tau Cabalander wrote:Armor Honeycombing Which is only particularly useful if the combined mass of armor plates on the ship is a significant portion of the ship's fitted mass.
E.g. a Loki with two 1600mm T2 plates will benefit from this a lot more than a Megathron with the same. -áMy (mostly boring) Youtube channel. |

Tsukino Stareine
The Red Circle Inc.
494
|
Posted - 2013.07.17 16:20:00 -
[15] - Quote
yeah armour honeycombing doesnt actually do that much until you're adding at least 2 1600mm plates on your ship. Armour rigging in almost all cases will give you back more speed per level compared to honeycombing.
Also on topic: didnt know about security connections until I had like 280k LP with the corp I was doing mission for. |

Arec Bardwin
993
|
Posted - 2013.07.17 21:20:00 -
[16] - Quote
Tactical Shield Manipulation 5  |

Tsukino Stareine
The Red Circle Inc.
495
|
Posted - 2013.07.18 03:55:00 -
[17] - Quote
Arec Bardwin wrote:Tactical Shield Manipulation 5 
you actually have that trained? |

Cayrenne
State War Academy Caldari State
0
|
Posted - 2013.07.18 09:08:00 -
[18] - Quote
Tsukino Stareine wrote:Arec Bardwin wrote:Tactical Shield Manipulation 5  you actually have that trained?
It used to be a prerequisite for Capital Shield Booster, until CCP changed it due to complaints of how terrible actually training it to V is. |

Jasmine Assasin
State War Academy Caldari State
18
|
Posted - 2013.07.18 19:35:00 -
[19] - Quote
Had "every" missile skill, why my missile not go as far?
I had missile bombardment but forgot projection, whoops.
Missile slinging is much better now. |

Ireland VonVicious
Vicious Trading Company
173
|
Posted - 2013.07.19 19:43:00 -
[20] - Quote
Threads like this remind me of why my training of every skill I can get my hands on to L2 is such a good idea.  |

Marcus Walkuris
Aww yeahhh
15
|
Posted - 2013.07.19 19:46:00 -
[21] - Quote
Mixing up "guided missile precision" with "auto-targetting missiles". Or overlooking "weapon upgrades/advanced" while being a missile focussed noob. |

Arec Bardwin
1003
|
Posted - 2013.07.19 22:15:00 -
[22] - Quote
Cayrenne wrote:Tsukino Stareine wrote:Arec Bardwin wrote:Tactical Shield Manipulation 5  you actually have that trained? It used to be a prerequisite for Capital Shield Booster, until CCP changed it due to complaints of how terrible actually training it to V is. This. That skill does NOTHING, except to serve as a prerequisite for modules.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |