| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Pasqual
|
Posted - 2003.08.15 22:23:00 -
[1]
I have been running agent missions for a couple of days. I have completed all missions within the time limit and picked up some bonuses for early completion. Sometimes it seems the timeout doesn't get cancelled on mission completion and later on I get an e-mail telling me the mission has timed out and I've failed. OK, I've got the cash for the missions but my stats say I've failed them. Will this bug affect the quality of later missions or can I ignore it ?
|

j0sephine
|
Posted - 2003.08.15 23:59:00 -
[2]
"Sometimes it seems the timeout doesn't get cancelled on mission completion and later on I get an e-mail telling me the mission has timed out and I've failed."
Are you sure the timeout is about the mission you completed, not about new one along the same lines?.. There was a bug in game which caused the mission to be assigned if you merely spoke to the agent, without even asking about new mission they might have much less accepting it....
I don't know if it's been fixed, but so far the best way to deal with it seems to be, you perform missions in a series until either a) the mission ends at location different than the one with the agent (meaning you can't speak to them and get new mission) or b) when the agent goes into 'paused' mode after you perform mission(s) quickly enough.
|

Inzidious
|
Posted - 2003.08.16 12:05:00 -
[3]
I had that bug latest today. Just spoke to the Agent, looked in my Journal to rewiev mission offered. Didn't accept the mission, logged off, logged in, got mail my mission had failed. No big deal, just annoying...
|

Pasqual
|
Posted - 2003.08.16 13:25:00 -
[4]
Many thanks for the info., I'm sure that's what is happening. I'll just have to contain my curiosity about upcoming missions when I'm about to finish a session
|

Sevanna
|
Posted - 2003.08.16 13:42:00 -
[5]
well I've been doing missions for some time now, and the only failed missions ive gotten are, like you described. nr.1: mission that I never agreed to. and 2. a missions that I failed when I got stuck when goin through a stargate.. (lost 40k and failed the mission.) but a neat trick can be when you talk to your agent. you check your journal before asking him if he has a job for you.. this gives you all the info on the job, and even some time to prepare before accepting. your journal will show what mission is being offered, and what mission is in progress. btw. you don't get job offer except talking to your agent in the same base. (if you didn't know.)  :: rebell against opression ::
|

Inzidious
|
Posted - 2003.08.16 16:41:00 -
[6]
Sevanna, that's excacly how the bug occurs. I talk to the agent, just to be able to look what could be offered to me, but i never did ask for a job, nor did i accept anything. Still, the mission "offered" failed.
|

Nausicae
|
Posted - 2003.08.20 23:40:00 -
[7]
The same thing happened to me just now. Had a quick deliver minerals mission to the Agent's home base, finished it, then went and did a few jobs for my new lvl2 Agent. Noticed that the 1st agent had offered me a new mineral job, but I didn't accept it. Logged off, then got a mail saying I had failed the mission when I logged back in a few hours later. javascript:insertsmilie(' ','WebPost','text'); Agents seem to treat offered jobs the same way as accepted jobs, which I'm assuming is a bug.? javascript:insertsmilie(' ','WebPost','text');
|

Qandor
|
Posted - 2003.08.21 19:21:00 -
[8]
Just had it happen to me. I accepted the mission from the agent (level 2 agent) and it was a 2 hour mission. Started to go to destination, made one jump and got the failed email. It did get listed as a failed mission in the agent info. Has happened twice to me with this agent in 7 missions. Both times it was on accepted missions which seemingly timed out in like 5 minutes. Very frustrating.
|

Qandor
|
Posted - 2003.08.21 19:24:00 -
[9]
Just a follow up in case anyone was wondering. Yes, I am sure it was the accepted mission that timed out in 5 minutes because when I brought the items to the specified destination, the agent did not respond to the delivery. No "my mission is complete" dialog.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |