| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Deathhammer
|
Posted - 2003.08.17 04:43:00 -
[1]
Wonder if there will ever be any events for negative sec. people. As of now, no pirates can participate in events held in secure space or in systems/regions where you have to travel through secure space.
So are pirates punished with no events now and in the future? Would this be favortism towards non-pirates?
Anyways i'm just wondering. I'm no pirate myself, but isn't CCP alienating pirates? Do you people as a community think events should include everyone in some sort of way?
I guess it's a wait for jumpdrives...
|

Quantum Matrix
|
Posted - 2003.08.17 04:44:00 -
[2]
Well, in all honesty, the recent Jovian events were held mostly in 0.0 space, easily accessable to any pirates Stain was going to let in.
-QM
What do we want? Brains! When do we want them? Brains! |

Deathhammer
|
Posted - 2003.08.17 04:49:00 -
[3]
Stains statement concerning anyone with negative security was that they were not allowed in Stain.
I'll clarify, what if say someone in Venal or Fountain with a negative security wanted to go to Stain? They would have to go through secure space or do 75+ jumps through 0.0 space. Going through secure space is a deathtrap atm i believe.
I just hope events are moved around the whole map so everyone can participate.
|

cball
|
Posted - 2003.08.17 04:56:00 -
[4]
No.
Lettem stay banished, people still need that ore out there, so it isnt like a pirate (real pirates) can't find someone to attack.
And there are other pirates you could also prey on...
...as a few try to say, "in real life" the criminals are not invited to the social events. Doesnt mean you wont get the benifits later when you catch an unsuspecting player. Patience young spacehoppers...
...fear the evil monkey in your hanger...
|

Jash Illian
|
Posted - 2003.08.17 05:11:00 -
[5]
Quote: No.
Lettem stay banished, people still need that ore out there, so it isnt like a pirate (real pirates) can't find someone to attack.
And there are other pirates you could also prey on...
...as a few try to say, "in real life" the criminals are not invited to the social events. Doesnt mean you wont get the benifits later when you catch an unsuspecting player. Patience young spacehoppers...
Events are part of this game. Piracy is part of this game. Pirates are players in this game. You cannot exclude players, who pay an equal share as everyone else, from the game simply because they play the game.
But on this particular point, I don't have to worry. No matter how much fur may cover some people in control people like TomB, Kwai, Major Gormur and others enjoy killing people just as much as the pirates do. There will be events where the pirates can join the bad guys, I'm positive.
And I can't wait to see the number of poddings on that day. 
I mean its like you want corporations to oblige each other like its sex or something. Pffft I would rather **** my enemy.- Rohann
Be careful out there. That other guy waiting in the queue for the gate MIGHT be a baby-munching frock-burner, YOU JUST DON'T KNOW!- Lallante |

Vacuole
|
Posted - 2003.08.17 06:25:00 -
[6]
Pirates chose to become pirates, I guess because it was a quick and exciting way to get rich or whatever.
Doesn't make sense that they can be warmly accepted in the local bake sale if that happens to be the game event at the time.
But they can join in on the events.. they just have to avoid that other accepted game element, CONCORD, the police, etc.
|

Sally
|
Posted - 2003.08.17 06:32:00 -
[7]
Edited by: Molly on 17/08/2003 06:34:18 "Pirates chose to become pirates, I guess because it was a quick and exciting way to get rich or whatever."
I think you will have a hard time finding one pirate who hasn't had to mine, trade or npc hunt for a Battleship. I've chosen the path, because it is more demanding and after afk mining, trading and partly NPC hunting I wanted to do something else :-).
As of today and with the upcoming faction implementation I don't see any possibilty how to start a career as a pirate and being successful in it. Best thing you can prolly do now is get some good NPC agents and accumulate some money before starting to pirate which is somehow lame.
It is like asking a Wizzard/Mage to be a Tailor/Crafter first or something. Sad, sad, sad... -- Stories: #1 --
|

Aliethia Xaplono
|
Posted - 2003.08.17 06:43:00 -
[8]
There certainly should be. Pirate events would and will be the most fun events in eve. I sware we should have a pirate cannonball run...where any contestant can do what ever they can autonimously to win. menaing they can't get there corpies to come and help clear the path. Would be awesome to have an event like that for major cash...or assets etc.. Perhap the winner gets a high tech bs, cruisers, frigate or whatever... might be a new way of distibuting wealth and tech.
|

Mojo JoJo
|
Posted - 2003.08.17 06:43:00 -
[9]
Edited by: Mojo JoJo on 17/08/2003 06:44:24 i think pirate's should have events just for them and some agent stuff just for them there should be a balanced other side of the coin its not like most pirates use out of game stuff to get ahead
being a pirate!= griefer/exploiter its just a diffrent kind of play
|

Eosforous
|
Posted - 2003.08.17 06:47:00 -
[10]
Edited by: Eosforous on 17/08/2003 06:49:28 That would be a wicked event!!! I wonder if the devs would go for it? And with the right incentive, like high tech bp's or assets...or major cash.. what pirate wouldn't want to take a wack at it! Would be interesting to have such an event..with all its mass destruction of your rivals ships, to be televised in game etc... with highlights played over the eve website or other forum afterward.
What corp wouldn't want to particpate in a contest for high tech bp's and what not?
plus it would be a great and muchly neaded change to the normalcy of eve.
|

V'cassLord Daeth
|
Posted - 2003.08.17 06:55:00 -
[11]
Yes...definatly about time for some pirating events. And no-doubt they will be the most un-lame events ingame.
I'm all for the cannonball run...a la pirate style.. I'm all for some mass destuction in the name of progress..lol!!! It would be interesting to see who was the better pirate? Might also be interesting to let all players into this kind of death match...to see who in eve is the best combat pilot. When they are alone??? lol
Cripes somthing like this would be good advertising for people that want to bounty hunt or act as mercenaries... also give mass noteriety to those pirates seeking fame and inflict terror into the hearts those they hunt.
|

Eosforous
|
Posted - 2003.08.17 06:58:00 -
[12]
Edited by: Eosforous on 17/08/2003 06:59:24 hell yeah!!! Might show those pirates some respect, if the winner was a non-pirate. Let the games begin!
What should we call it?
|

Jash Illian
|
Posted - 2003.08.17 08:01:00 -
[13]
Now I know I'm feeling Evil.
The Event: "Scavenger Hunt..Ala Eve"
The Deadline: 48 hours
The Goal: Bring a 50 different corpsicles from 50 different corporations. Points awarded according to corp membership. Bonus points awarded for CEOs and 'celebrities'     
I mean its like you want corporations to oblige each other like its sex or something. Pffft I would rather **** my enemy.- Rohann
Be careful out there. That other guy waiting in the queue for the gate MIGHT be a baby-munching frock-burner, YOU JUST DON'T KNOW!- Lallante |

Deathhammer
|
Posted - 2003.08.17 08:10:00 -
[14]
What about each pirate corp pick a system, either one corp or a team of two. Most ship kills in a 24hr period wins. I like the collecting different corpses idea heh.
|

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2003.08.17 09:39:00 -
[15]
How about a challenge for pirates not to use the word "carebear(s)" for 48 hours?
Slightly more difficult than podding 50 different people from 50 different corps.
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2003.08.17 09:41:00 -
[16]
Quote: What about each pirate corp pick a system, either one corp or a team of two. Most ship kills in a 24hr period wins. I like the collecting different corpses idea heh.
Yes, and I can just see non-pirates lining up to be shot.
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2003.08.17 09:42:00 -
[17]
Any pirate Event would need to be held in 0.0 Space, right?
Weren't the last 2 Events held in 0.0 space?
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

Deathhammer
|
Posted - 2003.08.17 09:54:00 -
[18]
It's the problem of getting the people into the same area of the map for some events. I doubt many will brave the trip through secure space. The event with collecting corpses wouldnt require that and would just need someone to set up, but the pirates would have to be honest since most keep corpses stored away heh.
|

Korben Dallas
|
Posted - 2003.08.17 11:07:00 -
[19]
pirates are involved in all events... they usually camp the routes to the aforementioned.
Aikon-Systems
|

Shinana
|
Posted - 2003.08.17 11:11:00 -
[20]
Quote: Any pirate Event would need to be held in 0.0 Space, right?
Weren't the last 2 Events held in 0.0 space?
No, the latest event was held in Yulai, the polar opposite of 0.0 :) Wasn't publicized as much as the jove though.
|

Main
|
Posted - 2003.08.17 11:23:00 -
[21]
There should be pirate events run by pirate like the angels, sansha's nation, etc.
A minmatar fleet launches a strike into angel space and force them into a deadend system where pilots can decide which side they want to help. Main Everlasting Vendetta Veteran Member of the Stain Alliance |

Stavros
|
Posted - 2003.08.17 15:22:00 -
[22]
there will be evnts for pirates :)
we are just to sexy to be left out :-P
OMG I WIN! FATALITY!
Stav --
"Keep On Flaming Lamers, Like Your Ships Did When We Ended You" |

Mayumi
|
Posted - 2003.08.17 16:42:00 -
[23]
There will be events for pirates, I'm sure of it. --
Forum Rules | Customer Support | Contact CRC |

Stavros
|
Posted - 2003.08.17 16:59:00 -
[24]
i'm surer than you mayumi!!! bauauahuahau!!
abuuhauha!
who thinks skeletor was the BADDEST cartoon badguy EVER? --
"Keep On Flaming Lamers, Like Your Ships Did When We Ended You" |

Viceroy
|
Posted - 2003.08.17 18:34:00 -
[25]
skeletor = sexy
But the skeletor imposter on the forums isnt.
Stavr0s is GHEEEY!!!! I sense that the****gotry is powerful in him We must turn him into a carebear! -
|

Redundancy
|
Posted - 2003.08.17 18:43:00 -
[26]
Megatron, easily. There was even an UGO top 10 or something.
Redundancy |

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2003.08.17 18:45:00 -
[27]
**** Dastardly pwns Skeletor.
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

Stavros
|
Posted - 2003.08.17 19:11:00 -
[28]
hmm i might have to concede that megatron was badderer..
are we talking first or second megatron though?
cos first was imho UBERLY badderer?#
--
"Keep On Flaming Lamers, Like Your Ships Did When We Ended You" |

Jael Markinsen
|
Posted - 2003.08.18 05:37:00 -
[29]
Megatron? hell no, cobra commander with his right hand man destro was the ****!!
|

Jash Illian
|
Posted - 2003.08.18 05:46:00 -
[30]
Edited by: Jash Illian on 18/08/2003 05:47:05 Khyron from Robotech. I mean how many villians have a bet with their underlings on how many of their own ships they'll run into when folding in?
*hides his walker*
I mean its like you want corporations to oblige each other like its sex or something. Pffft I would rather **** my enemy.- Rohann
Be careful out there. That other guy waiting in the queue for the gate MIGHT be a baby-munching frock-burner, YOU JUST DON'T KNOW!- Lallante |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |