| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Vorshal
|
Posted - 2006.01.16 15:03:00 -
[1]
Running a mission one day I happend across a very quiet system with only 2 other players in local. Nothing unusual there I thought until I saw "Hand over 10 million or you will die".
Being a miner myself and knowing the frustration and annoyance that pirates pose to myself and other industrial characters, I decided to take my Thorax in for a little recon. Low and behold there was a small frigate holding up a badger that was already down to its structure.
Im pretty new to EvE and not up with all the terms yet so please excuse my noobiness. Anyways I decided to give this pirate a good kick in the nuts, so i scrambled him, drained his cap and proceeded to blast the mother with my rail guns.
"Stop firing" he says "Im trying to ransom this indy"
I reply "Yes I know, im here to help the miner"
He then decides to open up on the Indy and try to destroy it, so I let loose and watch him go boom. He then proceeded to smack talk me saying that I was a ganker and that I had no right to destroy his vessel, so I podded him.
For my quick detour and active defense of the Indy the pilot gave me 2 million ISK to say thanks.
Gave me a nice big warm fuzzy feeling inside getting that gratitude.
So Kill a Pirate a day so the Miners can play.
Raar
The Mal'hajat are highly skilled Intaki warriors who are trained in the defensive arts of Cho'odai. |

Dixey Bull
|
Posted - 2006.01.16 15:06:00 -
[2]
You sick sick man! 
Just kidding, no what you did was right that pirate sounded like a muppet-o-gram and deserved a good podding. I would of popped his pod as well, and I'm a pirate! Although I might only do it to take his loot as well as the haulers, yeah I would of popped them both.
*Mutters and walks off*
Dixey Bull - Lost Frontiers Right Hand Man |

pshepherd
|
Posted - 2006.01.16 15:10:00 -
[3]
although i'm a pirate, if someone is obviously being ransomed in local i try to help that player out by killing the pirate.
Besides, pirates use more expensive modules than normal players 
============== This is a sig |

Vorshal
|
Posted - 2006.01.16 15:12:00 -
[4]
You can't pop them both! where are your morals? don't be greedy!
That pirate deserved to get a kick in the nuts, just like every other pirate that inhabits EvE. They are the bane of my existence in Eve and I loathe each and every one with a passion.
There is nothing more annoying than mining a belt and a pirate comes along and tries to ransom you, so killing a few here and there gives me some satisfaction and revenge for all the Yarring I have to put up with.
Saying that though, the most annoying thing is gate campers and I hate those more than what I hate pirates.
I have yet to meet a pirate who has sucessfully ransomed me, its amazing how easy it is to get away when you use some intelligence  |

Li'ly
|
Posted - 2006.01.16 15:15:00 -
[5]
lol that he in his mind thinks you had no right to attack him is funny
|

Randuin MaraL
|
Posted - 2006.01.16 15:19:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Vorshal "Stop firing" he says "Im trying to ransom this indy" ... I reply "Yes I know, im here to help the miner" ... He then proceeded to smack talk me saying that I was a ganker and that I had no right to destroy his vessel, so I podded him.
Flawless chain of cause and consequences.
Never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die. MEDUSA veteran, Khumaak Award winner http://members.aol.com/pacalbalan/TheParatwa/Randuin2.jpg |

Dixey Bull
|
Posted - 2006.01.16 15:20:00 -
[7]
Why do you hate pirates so much? Honestly?
We chose our profession just like you, I personally don't smacktalk and nor do my wing-men, we don't gate camp. In fact I think we're rather friendly, other then if we catch we we'll try to kill you, easy don't get caught!
You take the risk by playing this game in low security space and we take the risk of attacking you to make us laugh and for profit. Why are you not willing to accept that we are just as entitled to play this game the way we want as much as you are, why hate us so much?
Dixey Bull - Lost Frontiers Right Hand Man |

Vorshal
|
Posted - 2006.01.16 15:20:00 -
[8]
He was pretty new too like me, so I guess two noobs having it out with eachother is like two fat women fighting naked over a fairy cake.
The Mal'hajat are highly skilled Intaki warriors who are trained in the defensive arts of Cho'odai. |

Li'ly
|
Posted - 2006.01.16 15:24:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Dixey Bull why hate us so much?
and where do you see that pirate hate in this topics posts?
|

Vorshal
|
Posted - 2006.01.16 15:27:00 -
[10]
Edited by: Vorshal on 16/01/2006 15:28:19 Don't get me wrong Dixey, I do indeed respect your playstyle. I just don't like it.
Have you ever been on an ore pickup in your brand spanking new Iteron MK III only to have a pirate slap you up because you won't pay a ransom?
Or happily mining minding your own business when a pirate comes in and scrambles you and demands some of your hard earned ISK?
Not all pirates Smack Talk, some do some don't. Not all pirates are the brightest bulb in the pack either. I just find they hinder my cash flow by causing me inconvenience. I live in a system that is far from any hub system so I have to travel to buy most of my goods or ships, so to loose a mining vessel or hauler to a greedy pirate can set me back about an hour or so and when I weigh that up against the money im losing in trade runs or mining, it really gets to me.
I like ISK just like the next person, but when people try to demand it from me because they choose the lazy way to earn cash, then I just wanna wrap a big metal bar around their head and watch their ship blow into dust.
Pirates are like lemons to me - they make me bitter
The Mal'hajat are highly skilled Intaki warriors who are trained in the defensive arts of Cho'odai. |

Dixey Bull
|
Posted - 2006.01.16 15:53:00 -
[11]
Quote: They are the bane of my existence in Eve and I loathe each and every one with a passion.
There you go Li'ly theres the hate.. 
Dixey Bull - Lost Frontiers Right Hand Man |

Li'ly
|
Posted - 2006.01.16 16:03:00 -
[12]
Originally by: Dixey Bull
Quote: They are the bane of my existence in Eve and I loathe each and every one with a passion.
There you go Li'ly theres the hate.. 
whoops didnt see that one had a drunken gallente drone moment there.
|

Brisi
|
Posted - 2006.01.16 16:03:00 -
[13]
Haha, very nice work. If only more people would do that, in stead of come on the forums and whine when they get blown up. Then the game would be loads more fun, both for prey and predator.
|

Dixey Bull
|
Posted - 2006.01.16 16:12:00 -
[14]
Edited by: Dixey Bull on 16/01/2006 16:14:07
Quote: I like ISK just like the next person, but when people try to demand it from me because they choose the lazy way to earn cash,
And one more thing we aren't making ISK the lazy way, afk mining and mining is pretty damn lazy if you ask me, we have to find, hunt and kill our prey, which is alot more then I can say for sitting in a belt zapping roids. 
Quote: Or happily mining minding your own business when a pirate comes in and scrambles you and demands some of your hard earned ISK?
Minding your own business? We are only conducting business, who said you can't mix business and pleasure? I think the two compliment each other very well. 
Dixey Bull - Lost Frontiers Right Hand Man |

Phelan Lore
|
Posted - 2006.01.16 16:25:00 -
[15]
Originally by: Vorshal
I like ISK just like the next person, but when people try to demand it from me because they choose the lazy way to earn cash, then I just wanna wrap a big metal bar around their head and watch their ship blow into dust.
LOL lazy way to earn cash? To actually make a profit pirating is one of the worst ways to make isk. Ransoming barely makes you anything. Most people use crappy modules. It's usually a whole bunch of worthless kills and then one lucky one once in a while to make up for it.
But it's a hell of a lot more fun than mining or NPCing so I'm not complaining.  ________________ ~Phelan Lore
Your isk has become my isk, by way of my actions... |

JohnMcKnight
|
Posted - 2006.01.16 17:42:00 -
[16]
Thats a pretty awesome story =D
"Hey, quick ganking me! Im tryign to gank this guy!"
I too have a distaste for pirates. But, lately Ive come to appreciate their existance a bit more. Some of them actually roleplay.
I still think that EVE is way too pirate freindly, though. All you need to do is grab someones build off of the forums, go into a .2 and look around for a nice big juicy hauler. Hell, you don't even need to steal someones setup to do it. All you need is a scrambler. Bolt an AB on in case the person actually puts a couple guns on his Apoc miner and your golden.
And security ratign is pretty much useless that way it is right now. All you need to so is go grind out your sec rating on NPC BSes for a couple hours.
What CCP really needs to do is make more incentive for people to play "good guy" characters so that it's not a once in a month thing to see something like what Vorshal did.
|

Cvuos
|
Posted - 2006.01.16 18:08:00 -
[17]
Originally by: Vorshal
He then proceeded to smack talk me saying that I was a ganker and that I had no right to destroy his vessel, so I podded him.
        
Carebear pirates!
Most pirates know the risk and are good sports about losses though, sounds like someone who's just started or something.
|

Superbus Maximus
|
Posted - 2006.01.16 18:12:00 -
[18]
Bah you think its so hard picking up new ships after a pirate gets u I have to have alts pick up my ships when I lose one. You think you are picked on more than pirates bah when I get killed its a cause a 20 man fleet hunted me down I get attacked a lot more than any carebear so for you carebears that think its so hard... your full of doo doo.
|

Ikvar
|
Posted - 2006.01.16 18:55:00 -
[19]
Originally by: Vorshal He then proceeded to smack talk me saying that I was a ganker and that I had no right to destroy his vessel
Unfortunatley, a lot of pirates nowadays seem to take this stance but they're mostly all the noob pirates (and there are a LOT). Back when I pirated in corps like The Lost Souls and S******dly both I and all the members of the corp expected to be hunted and attacked by anyone who thought they could, these noob pirates seem to think they should be immune to being attacked even when they're -10 
Originally by: Avon I actually enjoy crafting in EQ2.
|

Darkdashing
|
Posted - 2006.01.17 00:49:00 -
[20]
Originally by: Vorshal Running a mission one day I happend across a very quiet system with only 2 other players in local. Nothing unusual there I thought until I saw "Hand over 10 million or you will die".
Being a miner myself and knowing the frustration and annoyance that pirates pose to myself and other industrial characters, I decided to take my Thorax in for a little recon. Low and behold there was a small frigate holding up a badger that was already down to its structure.
Im pretty new to EvE and not up with all the terms yet so please excuse my noobiness. Anyways I decided to give this pirate a good kick in the nuts, so i scrambled him, drained his cap and proceeded to blast the mother with my rail guns.
"Stop firing" he says "Im trying to ransom this indy"
I reply "Yes I know, im here to help the miner"
He then decides to open up on the Indy and try to destroy it, so I let loose and watch him go boom. He then proceeded to smack talk me saying that I was a ganker and that I had no right to destroy his vessel, so I podded him.
For my quick detour and active defense of the Indy the pilot gave me 2 million ISK to say thanks.
Gave me a nice big warm fuzzy feeling inside getting that gratitude.
So Kill a Pirate a day so the Miners can play.
Raar
nice, i really like this post, I laughed, I cried, but it was funny 
There is beauty in tension.... |

Jebidus Skari
|
Posted - 2006.01.17 00:54:00 -
[21]
Originally by: Vorshal "Stop firing" he says "Im trying to ransom this indy"
 
|

Rasta Rocketman
|
Posted - 2006.01.17 01:28:00 -
[22]
Originally by: Brisi Haha, very nice work. If only more people would do that, in stead of come on the forums and whine when they get blown up. Then the game would be loads more fun, both for prey and predator.
amen.
Also, Pirating in 0.0 is the best and can be very profitable, just a lot harder. :) _______________________________________________
|

Nero Scuro
|
Posted - 2006.01.17 01:50:00 -
[23]
Quote: And security rating is pretty much useless that way it is right now. All you need to do is go grind out your sec rating on NPC BSes for a couple hours.
Uh, replace 'couple hours' with '3 months' and you're golden.
Good job on vaping him though. He may've been belt pirating at least, but smackers get no sympathy in my book. ___
The world isn't going to end; we're not that lucky... |

Dyzz
|
Posted - 2006.01.17 05:28:00 -
[24]
I dislike people who say pirate's are a bane on the game blah blah blah. As far as i can tell we are driving force for many local economy's. Somebody has to replace all the stuff we blow away hence keeping you carebears busy mining and producing to your little hearts content. You wouldnt want to trust a job as important as ours to NPC's blowin up a few ships now and again. You would be outta work
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to thier level then beat you with experience |

Angelis666
|
Posted - 2006.01.17 05:42:00 -
[25]
Originally by: Vorshal He was pretty new too like me, so I guess two noobs having it out with eachother is like two fat women fighting naked over a fairy cake.
Thanks alot Vorshal im now scared for life with those images!!! Ill never be able to look at cake the same way. If you give a man a fire he will be warm for a night, Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life. |

Desolatus
|
Posted - 2006.01.17 06:11:00 -
[26]
Hehehe Nice job. That pirate was definatly new he asked for ransom in local he didn't watch his overveiw he smacktalked and last but not least a thorax drops next to him and fires and he doesn't make a run for it that is just stupidity.   If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. Niccolo Machiavelli
|

Herko Kerghans
|
Posted - 2006.01.17 07:35:00 -
[27]
Originally by: Vorshal He then proceeded to smack talk me saying that I was a ganker and that I had no right to destroy his vessel, so I podded him.
A lesson well taught; smacktalk deserves capital punishment every time! 
Barriers - an EVE novel |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |