| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Filthy MicNasty
|
Posted - 2006.01.27 17:16:00 -
[1]
Hi,
I'm mostly running missions now as I build up my skills and equipment. Also PvE is fairly straightforward and a good way to learn the game mechanics.
It will be a while before I find a player run corporation. I want to pick one very carefully to avoid joining a dud corp.
Is bounty hunting a viable solo career? I'm asking in particular about bounty hunting player pirates. Did CCP add sufficient ways to track down, sneak up on, and eliminate other players?
A year (and a half?) ago it was really tough to track people down. Things were always done via opportunity and the only way past gates was by fitting your ship with a large wmd to race past gate campers.
|

Brastagi
|
Posted - 2006.01.27 19:07:00 -
[2]
Well you can use location agent to track down people. Some agent have that "Can you find me.." option when you talk to him/her. You can track people outside the region you currently in with lvl 3 agent. --------- Please reduce your signature radius to be below 24.000 bytes - Jacques' Right, after I train my inty to lvl 5
~Mencari orang Indo~ |

Simon Jax
|
Posted - 2006.01.27 19:50:00 -
[3]
Question, if you hunt down and kill a Player Pirate who has a bounty on their head, will they get Kill Rights against you if they don't retaliate?
If not, I'd say it's still a dangerous profession, as they can easily just write your name down and hand it out to their Corp or Alliance and flag you as permanently KOS.
If so (they can get kill rights), I'd avoid it as a 'profession' as they can hunt you down for retaliation anywhere you go. And keep in mind your targets are likely used to being hunted ... if you're flying solo without a corp to back you up it could get ugly.
Any profits could dry up easily in ship/module replacement costs.
--Wherever you go, there you are. |

Filthy MicNasty
|
Posted - 2006.01.27 20:10:00 -
[4]
Originally by: Simon Jax Question, if you hunt down and kill a Player Pirate who has a bounty on their head, will they get Kill Rights against you if they don't retaliate?
If not, I'd say it's still a dangerous profession, as they can easily just write your name down and hand it out to their Corp or Alliance and flag you as permanently KOS.
Wouldn't matter. If they have a high enough bounty their sec rating will be so low they'd have to kill you in low sec space. Since you're collecting bounties your sec rating shouldn't go down insofar as you only engage pirates that are red.
Quote:
If so (they can get kill rights), I'd avoid it as a 'profession' as they can hunt you down for retaliation anywhere you go. And keep in mind your targets are likely used to being hunted ... if you're flying solo without a corp to back you up it could get ugly.
Any profits could dry up easily in ship/module replacement costs.
It's a risky profession but it would be a fun one too. Some players have insanely high bounties on them.
I'll need to do more research and see what type of loadout and ship would be good for the job. I imagine stealthing on these guys as they ask for ransom is probably the best time.
|

Brastagi
|
Posted - 2006.01.27 20:12:00 -
[5]
Originally by: Simon Jax Question, if you hunt down and kill a Player Pirate who has a bounty on their head, will they get Kill Rights against you if they don't retaliate?
Retaliate or not. As soon as your/target ship blown up or destroyed, you/he will have kill right to attack.
I got killright on my head after helping my allies blowing up a pirate. So that's mean I can't attack him first, unless I want my ass get concorded in high sec. The rule is same as flagging, only the timer is longer (around a month). So yeah, bounty hunting is dangerous. --------- Please reduce your signature radius to be below 24.000 bytes - Jacques' Right, after I train my inty to lvl 5
~Mencari orang Indo~ |

Filthy MicNasty
|
Posted - 2006.01.27 20:32:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Brastagi
Retaliate or not. As soon as your/target ship blown up or destroyed, you/he will have kill right to attack.
I got killright on my head after helping my allies blowing up a pirate. So that's mean I can't attack him first, unless I want my ass get concorded in high sec. The rule is same as flagging, only the timer is longer (around a month). So yeah, bounty hunting is dangerous.
I don't understand. He's a pirate. Chances are in 24 hours he'll gank some more players and get a bounty again. Then you can go back. His sec rating doesn't reset once his bounty is collected. That would be messed up.
|

Panshin Bolo
|
Posted - 2006.01.27 22:00:00 -
[7]
if he's a -5.0-er (piwate) and acquires kill rights over you, he can kill you in a velator at a gate in low sec without any sentry interferance. but rest assured: The pirate does not get killrights iirc when you kill him.
|

Simon Jax
|
Posted - 2006.01.27 22:26:00 -
[8]
Ah, either my question was poorly worded or my understanding of kill-rights is incorrect.
As I understand it, if you attack someone they automatically gain the ability to retaliate without risk of Concord interference. If, however, they sit there and die without taking any offensive action, they gain ôKill Rightsö and can attack you at any time, and anywhere for a very long period (one month I believe).
Now, if one retaliates after being attacked I remember reading that the Kill Rights you gain donÆt last as long as if they just sit there and die. I know I had Kill Rights on two douchebags that wasted me in 0.4 for a long time, and still might have æem in fact.
So, are they denied Kill Rights of the ôanywhere/anytimeö due to the bounty in any way? Are Kill Rights not even given in 0.0 space? Does personal security status affect Kill Rights other than limiting the ôanywhereö portion of the equation (eliminating high-sec space)?
The reason I think itÆs important is because if you go hunting pirates, and they happen to either have, or improve their security rating such that 0.5 space ainÆt a problem à you could find yourself with a lot of enemies that can kill your butt without CONCORD lifting a finger.
Assuming you have to travel to low-sec to find them it would suck if by doing so as a bounty hunter it allows Pirates to enter high-sec space where few can attack him and he can attack you!
--Wherever you go, there you are. |

Brastagi
|
Posted - 2006.01.28 08:04:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Filthy MicNasty
I don't understand. He's a pirate. Chances are in 24 hours he'll gank some more players and get a bounty again. Then you can go back. His sec rating doesn't reset once his bounty is collected. That would be messed up.
Not all pc pirate have bounty on his head. His sec rating will not be reset when you kill him. Only by killing npc pirate that your sec status can be raised. And most infamous pc pirate only kill players to get themself being -10 sec status. Also you still need to destroy his pod to get the bounty.
The pirate that I blew up with my comrade has sec rating of -1.9 so he still have killrights. --------- Please reduce your signature radius to be below 24.000 bytes - Jacques' Right, after I train my inty to lvl 5
~Mencari orang Indo~ |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |