| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Tachy
|
Posted - 2006.01.31 17:21:00 -
[31]
They ask you if your issues are still valid via automagically summoned emails. Just react to the mails and keep the petitions active.
Many problems solve themselves at the next DT and often pilots don't close their petitions.
Good luck and quick answers. The queue used to be around a week to 9 days so ...  --*=*=*-- Megadon CCP wanted a well known artist and celebrity to test the new font so it's approval would be well known. They got Ray |

Moadyb
|
Posted - 2006.01.31 17:21:00 -
[32]
Originally by: Avon
Originally by: BurnHard
I wasn't making a point about the time it takes. To be honest I don't care how long it takes. As long as I know it will be dealt with eventually it's no big deal. The point I was making was the attitude towards player problems that leads someone to decide to trash all petitions on the assumption lots of them are frivolous, whilst adding the rather offensive remark that "Please note that sending in multiple incidents about the same issue does nothing except complicate matters and slow down our services".
I think the Cretin at support who had this bright idea needs to go on a few more Customer Support training courses.
You are crying over nothing. It is the most time effective way to deal with the queue, and it has been done before.
They aren't saying your petition is frivolous, they are saying if you think it is ongoing and legitimate they want to be in a position to deal with it - what is wrong with that?
The petition queue does become full of duplicate petitions, and resolved ones are not always deleted by the player.
Do you want your petition to be delayed because the GM who would be dealing with it is currently reading a stack of duplicates?
FFS why is everybody flaming the guy. I also got a petition outstanding for 2 weeks now with no response whatsoever. It can be pretty frustrating (btw I gave up on it, not expecting any type of reply)
I mean really, Avon, **** off.
|

Avon
|
Posted - 2006.01.31 18:37:00 -
[33]
Originally by: Moadyb
FFS why is everybody flaming the guy. I also got a petition outstanding for 2 weeks now with no response whatsoever. It can be pretty frustrating (btw I gave up on it, not expecting any type of reply)
I mean really, Avon, **** off.
Because, quite simply, the GM's get pro-active in order to be able to more effectively deal with outstanding requests, and he moans about it.
The GMs have to work through the petitions, all of them. Many are already resolved but not closed, duplicate, or things that should never have been petitioned (like stupidly sticking your BP in to research for years). The above petitions delay the resolution of legitimate petitions, leading to understandable frustration to those involved.
The delay that is frustrating you is not the fault of GMs, but rather the fault of impatient whiners who think that spamming the GMs with multiple petitions, trying to get stuff back which they lost through their own stupidity, is the correct way to go about things. They then have the audacity to come here and complain when the GMs do something about it.
That is why he is getting flamed.
Also, it is worth noting that I didn't have to resort to abuse language or threats of violence.
The Battleships is not and should not be a solo pwnmobile - Oveur |

nahtoh
|
Posted - 2006.01.31 19:09:00 -
[34]
Edited by: nahtoh on 31/01/2006 19:10:18
Originally by: BurnHard
I wasn't making a point about the time it takes. To be honest I don't care how long it takes. As long as I know it will be dealt with eventually it's no big deal. The point I was making was the attitude towards player problems that leads someone to decide to trash all petitions on the assumption lots of them are frivolous, whilst adding the rather offensive remark that "Please note that sending in multiple incidents about the same issue does nothing except complicate matters and slow down our services".
I think the Cretin at support who had this bright idea needs to go on a few more Customer Support training courses.
Actually their is nothing worse for a support person to spend a lot of time chasing something up and when they send out a update for it to be told "oh it fixed its self".
It just wastes time that could be used to fix actual fecking problems...
Oh and BTW customer support does not mean bend over and give the customer every fecking thing they want...
Yes you may have guessed a very bitter customer support person...made bitter by the fecking morons I have had to support... ========= "I am not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why can`t we just take the safety labels off everything and let the problem fix its self |

Tregaa Viskne
|
Posted - 2006.01.31 19:32:00 -
[35]
Originally by: Moadyb (btw I gave up on it, not expecting any type of reply)
And did you close your petition when you gave up on it?
No? Point pretty much proven then.... 
Only kidding really - but imagine how many of those petitions which were holding yours up in the queue got fixed during downtime the day after they were made, or how many were fixed by the bug patch, then add in the duplicate petitions made by people who don't believe that the gm's really mean it when they say submitting duplicate requests only makes things worse...
Clearing the queue might seem harsh, but they wouldn't do it without a really good reason. And hey, look at all of the good reasons they have...
Originally by: CCP Hammer Boobies?
|

Starlix
|
Posted - 2006.01.31 22:34:00 -
[36]
Originally by: Killian Darkwater Yeah, stop whining about customer support already, they do their job well.
You've got to be kidding me. I submited a very civil, well written petition one week ago from today. Received two automated responses telling me they will look at it in the order it was received and to not send multiple petitions on the same subject as it will slow them down. Just today I get a 3rd automated response saying they will consider my problem taken care of unless they hear from me!!!! How's that doing their job well? They told me to sit there and wait, I do as I'm told and now they want to shove the petition in a trash bin because I havn't contacted them about it?!?!? It's pretty obvious they havnt even read the petition even though it's a week old. I was very polite in my original petition -- do I need to be an irrate jackass to get a response from CCP?
|

Avon
|
Posted - 2006.01.31 22:45:00 -
[37]
Originally by: Starlix
Originally by: Killian Darkwater Yeah, stop whining about customer support already, they do their job well.
You've got to be kidding me. I submited a very civil, well written petition one week ago from today. Received two automated responses telling me they will look at it in the order it was received and to not send multiple petitions on the same subject as it will slow them down. Just today I get a 3rd automated response saying they will consider my problem taken care of unless they hear from me!!!! How's that doing their job well? They told me to sit there and wait, I do as I'm told and now they want to shove the petition in a trash bin because I havn't contacted them about it?!?!? It's pretty obvious they havnt even read the petition even though it's a week old. I was very polite in my original petition -- do I need to be an irrate jackass to get a response from CCP?
Don't flatter yourself, they sent the same mail to everyone with an open petition. The delay in responding to yours is due to people flooding the queue. I am sure they want to resolve your issue as swiftly as possible, but are unable to get around to it because of the many junk petitions in front of yours. Until they read those petitions they don't know if they are signal or noise. To save time they have decided to filter the noise.
Just chill, resubmit as requested, and look forward to a speedier response.
The Battleships is not and should not be a solo pwnmobile - Oveur |

Donni
|
Posted - 2006.01.31 23:41:00 -
[38]
I don't see what is wrong with them doing that. Imagine how many emails they get for pointless things. If it is reall that hard clicking on a link then clicking update then as i say in alot of these customer support threads. GET A LIFE!
|

GlimmerMan
|
Posted - 2006.02.01 23:28:00 -
[39]
In the last 6 months all of my petitions have been dealt with within half an hour, needless to say I rate CCPs customer service quite highly as a result. Having said that, none of my petitions have been in the 'other' category, so they havn't been submitted through the RightNow system.
I have always wondered why CCP went to the trouble of developing their own in-game petition system, yet still force players to use a 3rd party application to manage petitions of a certain type outside of the game. I know from experience that GMs answer ingame petitions 24/7, the fact that one I submitted earlier tonight and it was answered in a couple of minutes suggests the GMs would have time to answer 'other' petitons but they don't seem to be able to do this. My guess is that the ones that go to RightNow are checked by non-GMs and only during office hours, which is why the service in this area leaves a lot to be desired.
I administer a RightNow system as part of my job, the system is designed for holding your FAQs, and the ask a question area is for people to effectively request a new FAQ to be added since they couldn't find the answer they need, yeah sure it also gives you the facility to reply directly to the users, but using RightNow as a case management system for petitions is just arse over tit and not what the product was really designed for! RightNow is not a CRM package!
Blowing s**t up since May 2003
|

Tubiger
|
Posted - 2006.02.01 23:43:00 -
[40]
I've been unable to log in to the game due to some unknown problem for four or five days now. I've gotten quite a few responses to my problem from CCP, which is good, but I'm starting to wonder if they ever actually read the information I sent them... I'm getting the same canned responses I found on the forums in five minutes of searching. I tried all of that stuff before I emailed them, and that's why I'm asking in the first place! I'm starting to wonder if they'll ever actually solve it.
|

BlackRain
|
Posted - 2006.02.01 23:50:00 -
[41]
I put a nice item on escrow, which someone soon claimed. So I got a load of iskies, yay.
One hour later a GM comes and clears my wallet of the transaction sum - without any explanation - leaving me with no item or isk.
I naturally filed a petition under "Other" category, which is probably now filed in some remote trashcan with the other X-files they get. Am I ever going to get an explanation as to why this was done or should I just stop thinking about it and kiss the iskies goodbye? -------------------
- |

Dimitri Chandler
|
Posted - 2006.02.02 00:00:00 -
[42]
If the OP was in my shop and he had carried on like this, I would have had him kicked out.
--------------------------------------------------
|

nahtoh
|
Posted - 2006.02.02 02:18:00 -
[43]
Originally by: Dimitri Chandler If the OP was in my shop and he had carried on like this, I would have had him kicked out.
Or just kicked... ========= "I am not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why can`t we just take the safety labels off everything and let the problem fix its self |

Wee Dave
|
Posted - 2006.02.02 02:46:00 -
[44]
I got this mail today as well after nine days waiting. Updated it, got a full response in about an hour.
I expect a big chunk of the queue is actually stuff which has been solved and no longer matters. Given the load I can understand it.
|

w0rmy
|
Posted - 2006.02.02 02:50:00 -
[45]
Originally by: BurnHard
Is it me or is player support going downhill?
Its hard to go downhill, when youre in a gully.
|

Justus Imperius
|
Posted - 2006.02.02 02:58:00 -
[46]
just erased everything I was gonna say because I don't feel like flamin ccp atm.
but just for your guys info yea the pettition system is ****** atm... dont kid yourselves and say its not and ccp is an insta cure for whatevers wrong, because its not. It took them 9 days to tell me they cannot replace my fk'n ship I lost due to lag.
and dont say "durr dont use other pettition" well, if ya dont, they always just tell you to anyway so wtf is the point in wasting their time even more?
We Are Recruiting |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |