| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Rynac
|
Posted - 2006.02.15 05:09:00 -
[1]
I thought that during the tutorial there was mention of some kind of manual control for your ship when things like orbit didnt work well enough. I belive to quote the game it said something like "... manual combat for when you just need that edge...". I mean its ok if it dosnt exist but it would be cool to plug in the old joystick and what not now and then.
My question is, if it exist how do I turn it on? I didnt see anything in the user guide about the options to turn it on. I thought the ingame menu might have something but I dont recall ever seeing it. Or at the least ever seeing the option to turn it on (there might have been a control or input tab but i cant remember and am not on my personal computer right now). Any help would be very welcomed.
|

GC13
|
Posted - 2006.02.15 05:23:00 -
[2]
Manual control is very, very simple. Double-click in space, and your ship will start heading in that direction. Very good when trying to minimize or maximize transversal velocity, but I don't know if it's very useful otherwise.
|

Rynac
|
Posted - 2006.02.15 06:03:00 -
[3]
To bad, I was hopeing I could use my joystick to at least manuver my ship for kicks now and then.
|

Ramjam Blackbetty
|
Posted - 2006.02.15 08:56:00 -
[4]
The whole interface is totally mouse-driven. Shame really. But then again there's enough space "simulators" out there already. Freespace 2 anyone? :) --------------------------------------------------
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't. Douglas Adams (may he rest in peace) |

Vol Jbolaz
|
Posted - 2006.02.15 15:17:00 -
[5]
Originally by: Ramjam Blackbetty The whole interface is totally mouse-driven. Shame really. But then again there's enough space "simulators" out there already. Freespace 2 anyone? :)
Freespace 2 was just planes in space. Independence War was a space simulator.
People think the controls would be too hard, but if you've flown an aircraft in PlanetSide or the latest Unreal Tournament, then you have 90% of the controls right there. But, since there are no weapon or shield facings, very rarely would you really gain anything from fine control, and all of those times are when you are trying to avoid hitting a rock or bumping another ship.
|

Verdana
|
Posted - 2006.02.15 15:48:00 -
[6]
I'm sure it would be very difficult to have that type of control in an MMORPG. Imagine a fleet battle, each ship being manually controlled with real physics gunfire instead of "fake" equational gunfire based on stats, like many single player games would have it. I would think the limitations on bandwidth and servers would make it impossible for a large amount of people to have "real" combat and flight. Right?
|

TiraX
|
Posted - 2006.02.15 16:25:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Verdana I'm sure it would be very difficult to have that type of control in an MMORPG. Imagine a fleet battle, each ship being manually controlled with real physics gunfire instead of "fake" equational gunfire based on stats, like many single player games would have it. I would think the limitations on bandwidth and servers would make it impossible for a large amount of people to have "real" combat and flight. Right?
This is not all that accurate. There is FPS mmo's such as battleground europe. Tho eve is not a action game in that sense. Realism is a strong point. And mostly when it comes to fighting, the distances are great. Do you really think one could aim manually at 100 km. Scopes ould sort that out, but it would change / ruin the game.
Simple control with a joystick tho, that is something else. I don't think it takes too much bandwidth, but it probably does to little to the game to be implented. If one could find more uses for it perhaps, but only to avoid roids? No.
----
No brain, No pain
|

Ominus Decre
|
Posted - 2006.02.15 20:30:00 -
[8]
The worst possible thing which could happen to EVE would be the introduction of "twitch" based controls.
The current mechanics may be complicated although the controls are very simple. If it were a twitch based flight sim like the plethora of others availble I would not waste my time with it.
|

Joe Mozart
|
Posted - 2006.02.15 20:44:00 -
[9]
Edited by: Joe Mozart on 15/02/2006 20:46:31 Also the point is in Eve, unlike say Wing Commander or Starshatter, you are controlling a spaceship, not a fighter or bomber.Ships' captains do not control the ship themselves, they give the orders to the crew or computer systems who do. The EVE interface better reflects that IMO.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |