| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Vincent Gaines
|
Posted - 2006.02.25 21:10:00 -
[1]
So I picked up a Bantam until I save for something larger, and I'm rated 1.0
but I apparently can't equip it with the small laser I bought, can't find an affordable mining laser, and can't find affordable shields.
it's not a big deal, because I'm just doing NPC transport runs along 0.7 and above space, but I still worry about being pummeled and podded with no chance to fight back.
then again, I dunno if I'm still in n00bspace or not, it doesn't really tell you.
also, am I stuck mining as a new player, or can I continue on running missions? I'm not too interested in digging holes in asteroids.
I'm doing a search right now but also posting this in case any of the threads in the search are old and outdated, I'd kinda prefer new info.
|

Wee Dave
|
Posted - 2006.02.25 21:37:00 -
[2]
Bantam isn't great for combat.
If you do a few trade runs you will be able to get some mining lasers. Civilian or basic mining lasers, while not very good, are ultra-cheap and after a couple runs you will be able to buy better ones.
You can easily run missions in a frigate, but try out a different ship for combat ones. Merlin/Kestrels are good for these.
|

Kaladr
|
Posted - 2006.02.25 21:37:00 -
[3]
- You probably don't have the skills for laser turrets. As Caldari, you generaly start with the skills for Hybrid turrets. Pickup a 125mm or 150mm railgun I, load it with some Iridium Charge S. Or if you really want to use the laser, pick up the small laser turret skillbook (not suggested as Caldari ships don't favor lasers: they're missle and railgun boats).
- You will not get pummeled by players in 1.0-0.5. If you enter 0.4 or lower you risk the chance. NPCs usualy only spawn in asteroid belts and rarely at gates in these systems as well.
- Mission running is profitable as you get into higher level agents, and to do that, you need to use lower level agents :). Other options are complex running and general belt ratting. ---- EVE-Central.com | Obsidian Technologies - Manufacturing, Defense and Logistics. We're hiring! Mail me |

Vincent Gaines
|
Posted - 2006.02.26 01:38:00 -
[4]
ok, I just picked up a Condor, outfitting with 1MN afterburners..since I don't plan on mining, I'll grab some railguns for now and a cheap shield...
|

Sharkey
|
Posted - 2006.02.26 03:30:00 -
[5]
Originally by: Kaladr You will not get pummeled by players in 1.0-0.5.
Unfortunately it does happen from time to time though 
|

Sarah Douglas
|
Posted - 2006.02.26 04:22:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Sharkey
Originally by: Kaladr You will not get pummeled by players in 1.0-0.5.
Unfortunately it does happen from time to time though 
If it does, it's your own fault.
|

Drizit
|
Posted - 2006.02.26 06:43:00 -
[7]
I picked up a cheap Frigate and stuck some AB's on it. I can push it up to 900 m/s when I come out of warp at a gate so it's plenty fast enough for courier missions even without BM's. Being so small and agile, it also gets up to that speed pretty quick too. If you do away with low slot offensive or defensive mods and use them only for Overdrive Injectors, you can push a frig up to dizzying limits with AB's as well. I usually bounce off the gate at 1100+ m/s as I jump.
You can't hold a lot of cargo with injectors fitted so maybe a Nanofiber Internal Structure or two which give you about 60% of the injectors boost but a loss of hull structure instead of cargo space. Let's face it, if you get in someone's sights in a frig and they web you, you're toast anyway so what is a few units of extra structure going to do? It's only an issue with bigger fighting ships where losing 10% of your structure amounts to a lot of weakness.
Others may disagree but I feel that the frigates strength lies in it's speed so use it to it's best advantage when you're doing courier runs. It takes a few seconds for someone to target you so the nearer you are to the gate, the closer you are to getting away, even if they web you, you don't stop instantly and that extra speed could get you in close enough to jump.
-- My idea of an OS is one that Operates the System, not a complete package of every piece of software ever written. Computers created "The Paperless Office". But some stupid fool invented a printer |

Vincent Gaines
|
Posted - 2006.02.26 21:12:00 -
[8]
I love the Condor's speed over the Bantam, I have a lot of skill points to use to upgrade, just dunno about the time to do it.
I've picked up a couple 150 railguns with iridium charges, a small shield, and a 1nm afterburner.
I love the speed, but I still can't wait to get something larger
|

Lienzo
|
Posted - 2006.02.26 22:33:00 -
[9]
The Bantam is awesome. I wish it would get some love so it would be viable. I think there should be a mk2 Bantam that is like an archaeology boat or something cool.
A zerg ship would be neat. +20m/s and +3% to hybrid turret damage for every Bantam in your gang would be so much fun.
|

Gadfly Hawke
|
Posted - 2006.02.27 05:53:00 -
[10]
I'm the proud driver of a Bantam. You can't beat it for the money. I think I got mine for 20k ISK. See if you can find a cruiser for that! Alas, it's underpowered, and likes to crap out in warp. That could be a problem in low sec.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |